[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Many values of steam usage are missing. It is not easy to find them in the GT code and measuring them with the scanner is annoying. All Steam machines have an internal buffer of 16Buckets. Enough for 2-12 operations depending on the machine, but a single machine should get enough steam for with an normal bronze pipe. With EnderIO directly it should be enough for sure.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in my normal set-up it's just two 'pipe-blocks' away from the tank and i tried putting Ender IO tank right next to it set to push and it still didn't have enough. But thanks for the link :).
Place your alloy smelter flush to the large Railcraft tank valve, any other way just isnt worth the headache.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Haha so either way I need bees, that's fine I want to get into bees anyway. I'm setting up my base now, just goto move over my items and chests then I'm ready to get setting up farms and apiaries.

Any tips on bees?

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry for taking so long to check the forums and reply.

So, for bees getting started, I would:

1. NEI is your friend. Use NEI to see what species you can breed and should breed to get to the next step.
    Your first major goal is Industrial and Imperial. Make sure you know the steps involved to get there.

2. Always carry 1 or 2 scoops and gather as many Pristine Princesses as possible.
    You should aim to fill an entire iron chest with Pristine Princesses, preferably of ones you can use in the biome of your base. You'll need to keep the drones to match, too, but only 1 stack of each species.

3. Make at least 20 Apiaries and automate them.
    eIO is pretty easy. Set the eIO item conduit facing the Alveary in/out and mode and check the right-most "self-feed" option. Put a chest on the other side in Insert (only) mode and set it lower priority.

4. Make Metabolic Frames.
    It's not far into the MagicBees tab of the Thauminocon and it takes only soybeans, cobblestone, netherrack, string, wool, wood, and some vis to make the Magic Frames.

5. Make some stand-alone (non-automated) Apiaries. I usually make 8 : 4 for Metabolic frames, 4 without

6. Make a 'beealyzer' and fill it with honey drops (from centrifuging combs)

7. Once you have a good collection of Pristines, combine Princess of one species and drone of another to make a Common.
    I usually do 3 or 4 attempts in parallel, and go until I have 1 pure Princess and 1 pure Drone

8. Put Common Princess and Drone into automated Apiary and let cycle until you have at least 10 or so.
    Then, take those 10 and put with another Princess of any kind and let cycle. That other Princesses will turn into a Common.

9. Make 4 Common Princesses with a collection of drones to match

10. Take 4 Common Queen/Princesses out, place into stand-alone Apiary, and let turn into Princess and Drones

11. Breed Common Princess with a drone of almost any other type to make Cultivated

12. Repeat steps 7 through 9 for the Cultivated

13. Now, to make Nobles and Diligent, you will need those Metabolic Frames. Use 3 (max.) per Apiary.

14. Keep re-purifying your Common Princess and/or Cultivated Princesses after every failed attempt until you have at least 1 pure Noble Princess and drone and 1 pure Diligent Princess and drone
    This may take many attempts. Don't get discouraged

15. Proceed to Majestic and Unweary
    Again, this will take a while. Don't get discouraged.

16. Proceed to Imerial and Industrial
    Take a while...no discouragement...

17. Congrats !

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Place your alloy smelter flush to the large Railcraft tank valve, any other way just isnt worth the headache.
I solved it by using Industrial Craft2 fluid tanks as buffers then some large/huge fluid pipes that extract from those buffers that are really close to the machines that need steam.

You can use the smallest pipes to fill the buffers over time and the largest pipes to feed the beast with those buffers, simple system.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
So I just found this HUUUGE Galena vein under my base... I feel like it's a bug. I live in a huge Mushroom biome, and the vein is as big as the biome, around 17 chunks. Is there a bug with Galena veins or is the Mushroom biome bugged, or am I just extremely lucky? I know Galena veins are supposed to be around 5 chunks big. But 17 chunks? Damn.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
So I just found this HUUUGE Galena vein under my base... I feel like it's a bug. I live in a huge Mushroom biome, and the vein is as big as the biome, around 17 chunks. Is there a bug with Galena veins or is the Mushroom biome bugged, or am I just extremely lucky? I know Galena veins are supposed to be around 5 chunks big. But 17 chunks? Damn.
You may of gotten several veins together, ive found a few chunks where every block till about depth 50 is lignite coal ...

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The maxium size of an Galena vein is 48x48 Block so exactly 3x3 chunks. In most cases even smaller. So even when multible Galena veins spawn next to each other (chance for an galena vein to spawns is 2,5% with default settings) there should be free spaces beween them. Also the GT worldgen is biome independend, so Mushroom biome should not be the reason for this happening.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Likely inefficient piping.
The FTB Wiki is up to date not missing that many pages anymore.

It seems everything is done right in that pic. I take it that all the battery buffers directly insert energy into the EBF? Try to seperate the cable in the back with an cover from the other cables or place down a 8x cable.
Yup. 8xtin cable does not set on fire. Looks like the "Load" is drawing 6 amps between all battery buffers when the EBF finishes, and didn't output the product due to fire with the 4xtin wire. It's really weird to have 2 turbines outputting 6 amps. I don't think that was the design intention from Greg?

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
YADQ

How does one remove fluid from a GT assembling machine? I just whipped up some molten tin in my fluid extractor, sucked it into an EIO tank with a conduit, moved the tank near my assembling machine, put tin in with an EIO conduit, and did my crafting. Now there is some tin still in the machine. How do I get it out? EIO conduit: Nope. GT pump cover: Nope. Bucket: Nope. Am I missing something?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
YADQ

How does one remove fluid from a GT assembling machine? I just whipped up some molten tin in my fluid extractor, sucked it into an EIO tank with a conduit, moved the tank near my assembling machine, put tin in with an EIO conduit, and did my crafting. Now there is some tin still in the machine. How do I get it out? EIO conduit: Nope. GT pump cover: Nope. Bucket: Nope. Am I missing something?
i actually thought enderio pipes would do it.
I usually commit to doing enough crafting to "spend" all the molten fluid.

If you don't actually desperately want to preserve the fluid, you can break the machine. Alternately, (untested by me) you can use a Plunger on a machine to remove liquids. Again, I dont think that will preserve the liquid, just clear it out.

Reactions: MigukNamja

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
i actually thought enderio pipes would do it.
I usually commit to doing enough crafting to "spend" all the molten fluid.

Me too (on both counts). I guess it really only uses lead, tin, and solder and all of those interchangeably, so maybe it isn't a big deal.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack updated to v2.0.2
Updated Mods:
- Baubles to 1.0.1.10
- Automagy to 0.15
- BuildCraft to 6.2.2
- Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.3
- Chisel to 2.1.3
- CustomOreGen to 1.2.14
- EnderIO to 2.2.1.286
- ExtraCells to 2.1.13b15
- GalacticGreg to 0.4
- Galacticraft to 3.0.6.240
- Gendustry to 1.4.2.46
- GregTech to 5.06.06
- Hardcore Ender Expansion to 1.6.6
- IHL to 0.521
- Immibis Core to 59.0.5
- JourneyMap to 5.0.1
- LogisticPipes to 0.8.2.83
- MrCrayfish Furniture to 3.4.4
- NEI to 1.0.3.72
- Open Computers to 1.4.1.14
- PneumaticCraft to 1.4.3-40
- Thaumic Energistics to 0.8.7b
- ttCore to 0.1.0-40
- Waila to 1.5.6_dev1
- Waila Plugins to 0.0.1-7

New mods:
- Random Things (primary Fast Leaf Decay)

Config Changes:
- Buildcraft Pump is consuming water.
- Fillers arent suppose to drop broken blocks
- Buildcraft engines CAN explode
- EnderIO Dim Transceiver is disabled and removed from game.
- Its no longer possible to directly convert RF/MJ to EU. However its still possible to convert EU to RF/MJ.
- Added few blocks to be used as air sealant in space.
- Rockets require 2x more fuel.
- You can now turn Books => Paper
- Boats will stack up to 16
- You can mine Packed ice with pickaxe
- You can turn 2x slab => plank

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Updated Mods:
- Baubles to 1.0.1.10
- Automagy to 0.15
- BuildCraft to 6.2.2
- Chisel to 2.1.3
- CustomOreGen to 1.2.14
- EnderIO to 2.2.1.286
- GalacticGreg to 0.4
- Gendustry to 1.4.2.46
- GregTech to 5.06.06
- IHL to 0.521
- Immibis Core to 59.0.5
- JourneyMap to 5.0.1
- NEI to 1.0.3.72
- ttCore to 0.1.0-40
- Waila to 1.5.6_dev1

New mods:

Config Changes:
- Its no longer possible to directly convert RF/MJ to EU. However its still possible to convert EU to RF/MJ.
Pumps consuming water are a rather poor idea. Point one at an ocean and potentially lag out a server.

Do you have any config option requests for BC?

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Pumps consuming water are a rather poor idea. Point one at an ocean and potentially lag out a server.

We have "finite" water enabled on our server and no natural source block regen occurs. Yes the potential for lag is there but it is configurable if admins so chose.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Updated Mods:
- Baubles to 1.0.1.10
- Automagy to 0.15
- BuildCraft to 6.2.2
- Chisel to 2.1.3
- CustomOreGen to 1.2.14
- EnderIO to 2.2.1.286
- GalacticGreg to 0.4
- Gendustry to 1.4.2.46
- GregTech to 5.06.06
- IHL to 0.521
- Immibis Core to 59.0.5
- JourneyMap to 5.0.1
- NEI to 1.0.3.72
- ttCore to 0.1.0-40
- Waila to 1.5.6_dev1

New mods:

Config Changes:
Jason, did you fix the reqirement for double wide fir trees requiring silk touch to drop logs? Currently, if you have a normal axe they dont drop any items at all....

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Whole pack is made with finite water enabled, BC pump was the only one not respecting that. There is near to no reason on pumping water from oceans. RC Water Tanks or Raintanks are sufficient in early game, and then eIO reservoirs works perfectly.

Jason, did you fix the reqirement for double wide fir trees requiring silk touch to drop logs? Currently, if you have a normal axe they dont drop any items at all....
1) No because noone reported this problem
2) There is no way i can fix it on my side. Its up to mod developer to fix that
3) If the Fir Tree is from EXBL, it will not get fixed in the pack since we are stuck at Alpha version. Updating would make current worlds broken with everything from EXBL missing.

edit to 3) Although I might go and do bit of coding by myself to fix the issue with transitioning from Alpha to release (and probably break something else :D)

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Me too (on both counts). I guess it really only uses lead, tin, and solder and all of those interchangeably, so maybe it isn't a big deal.

In a previous version of GT 5, you *could* extract the liquids back out. However, I think Greg must have changed something (made it more difficult). I also can no longer extract my fluids/liquids back out of the Assembler. I'm guessing he wants you/us to calculate *ahead of time* how much liquid one needs.

Meh.

Like you said, none of the liquids so far are *that* rare. If I was really concerned, I'd compute ahead of time or make more Assemblers. As it is, I just make big batches of stuff.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Btw, don't know if anyone noticed, but the soldering alloy molten liquid is a substantial resource saver. There's the upfront saving, sort of, by using antimony instead of somewhat more valuable resources (a single tetrahedrite vein gives you a lifetime supply of antimony). Also, more importantly, assembler recipes actually use less of this fluid per action.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for taking so long to check the forums and reply.

So, for bees getting started, I would:

1. NEI is your friend. Use NEI to see what species you can breed and should breed to get to the next step.
    Your first major goal is Industrial and Imperial. Make sure you know the steps involved to get there.

2. Always carry 1 or 2 scoops and gather as many Pristine Princesses as possible.
    You should aim to fill an entire iron chest with Pristine Princesses, preferably of ones you can use in the biome of your base. You'll need to keep the drones to match, too, but only 1 stack of each species.

3. Make at least 20 Apiaries and automate them.
    eIO is pretty easy. Set the eIO item conduit facing the Alveary in/out and mode and check the right-most "self-feed" option. Put a chest on the other side in Insert (only) mode and set it lower priority.

4. Make Metabolic Frames.
    It's not far into the MagicBees tab of the Thauminocon and it takes only soybeans, cobblestone, netherrack, string, wool, wood, and some vis to make the Magic Frames.

5. Make some stand-alone (non-automated) Apiaries. I usually make 8 : 4 for Metabolic frames, 4 without

6. Make a 'beealyzer' and fill it with honey drops (from centrifuging combs)

7. Once you have a good collection of Pristines, combine Princess of one species and drone of another to make a Common.
    I usually do 3 or 4 attempts in parallel, and go until I have 1 pure Princess and 1 pure Drone

8. Put Common Princess and Drone into automated Apiary and let cycle until you have at least 10 or so.
    Then, take those 10 and put with another Princess of any kind and let cycle. That other Princesses will turn into a Common.

9. Make 4 Common Princesses with a collection of drones to match

10. Take 4 Common Queen/Princesses out, place into stand-alone Apiary, and let turn into Princess and Drones

11. Breed Common Princess with a drone of almost any other type to make Cultivated

12. Repeat steps 7 through 9 for the Cultivated

13. Now, to make Nobles and Diligent, you will need those Metabolic Frames. Use 3 (max.) per Apiary.

14. Keep re-purifying your Common Princess and/or Cultivated Princesses after every failed attempt until you have at least 1 pure Noble Princess and drone and 1 pure Diligent Princess and drone
    This may take many attempts. Don't get discouraged

15. Proceed to Majestic and Unweary
    Again, this will take a while. Don't get discouraged.

16. Proceed to Imerial and Industrial
    Take a while...no discouragement...

17. Congrats !

Sir I thank you and bow down before your superior intellect!!

I'm hoping to have a good go at bees tonight to really get started and this will really help!!

Also on the note of purifying bees, there is a block called a 'bee house'- can't remember what mod its from, but it doesn't allow mutation only breeding of one specific species so I wonder if that would be any good when automated. Also note it doesn't accept frames.

Sent from my iPhone