[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Very small bug (for MagicBees or Greg, not Jason) : Apatine bees require the *Forestry* Apatite ore block underneath. The GT version won't work.

I learned this last night after a few failed attempts using GT Apatite ore. I then cheated in the Forestry version and successfully bred Apatine bees.

I'm guessing MagicBees is not using OreDict when it checks for the block underneath, but is instead requiring the Forestry proper. Then, Greg comes along and does his OreDict thing and converts all to GT versions. Interestingly enough, Cuprum bees bred just fine with a GT copper block (not ore block) underneath. Not sure why the Apatite Ore block for Apatine bees is different.

Entered the issue on MagicBees' Issue Tracker just now.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Also on the note of purifying bees, there is a block called a 'bee house'- can't remember what mod its from, but it doesn't allow mutation only breeding of one specific species so I wonder if that would be any good when automated.

Smart man ! I had forgotten about the Bee House. You are correct about the bee house preventing new species mutations. It will (it must, really) allow trait mixing. So, it's good for puriyfing if you do it by hand.

The bad news is that it can't be automated, and that's by design. SirSengir wanted us to progress to the Apiary for items (but not frame) automation and eventually the Alveary for full item and frame automation.

One trick I do is to pack all the good traits I have into a single bees species, and that bee species should have no further species it mutates into. That way, I can use Princesses and Drone of that species to 'imprint' good traits into other species without having to worry about undesired species mutations. A good example is Majestic. It can only further mutate into Imperial and Prehistoric. Once you already have Imperial, you're not going to be pairing Noble and Prehistoric is not terribly useful. An other reason for Majestic is it's one of the 1st species most people get that has Max. Fertility, which is critical to trait breeding.

So, into Majestic, for instance, I would try to breed in all good traits, such as:
  • Max. Fertility (already has this)
  • Fast Production (from Cultivated)
  • Shortest Lifespan (from Cultivated)
  • Good Effect (example : Imperial 'Beatific', which regens you)
  • Diurnal/Nocturnal/Cave/Flyer (Rocky and its descendents)
  • Temp/Humid Both 5 (use an Acclimitiser)
You then make a bunch of Princesses and drones with these traits and when you have at least a hybrid drone with a new species, breed with a Majestic "super" Princess, and purify their descendents to get a pure princess and drone of the new species with all the desired traits.

Having 1 or more Oblivion Frames helps a ton. If you don't have those, use the MagicBees Necrotic Frames.

Or, you can rush to Imperial, get Gendustry going, and use Gendustry to manipulate traits. Gendustry is the more straightforward way by far.

Reactions: Grove

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Config Changes:
- Its no longer possible to directly convert RF/MJ to EU. However its still possible to convert EU to RF/MJ.

Jason, is this a reference to the enetbridge limitation? (It supposedly does convert RF -> EU, but we can only get the reverse to work properly)

Worth noting to others that while directly converting (as mentioned) doesn't work, there are still indirect methods of doing this conversion. PneumaticCraft in particular provides a rather fun way to convert if you don't mind some substantial lossiness, and thanks to Jason for pointing it out to me.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
just a little thing that bugs me: i cant get openblocks to run in this pack. it crashes immediately. game and launcher.
before i start to do some proper research i d like to ask if you got a clue :)

**nevermind, a cup of hot coffee (and the proper lib) did the thing**

Last edited:

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Whole pack is made with finite water enabled, BC pump was the only one not respecting that. There is near to no reason on pumping water from oceans. RC Water Tanks or Raintanks are sufficient in early game, and then eIO reservoirs works perfectly.

1) No because noone reported this problem
2) There is no way i can fix it on my side. Its up to mod developer to fix that
3) If the Fir Tree is from EXBL, it will not get fixed in the pack since we are stuck at Alpha version. Updating would make current worlds broken with everything from EXBL missing.

edit to 3) Although I might go and do bit of coding by myself to fix the issue with transitioning from Alpha to release (and probably break something else :D)
Haha, k.

Good to know, thank you!

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Sir I thank you and bow down before your superior intellect!!

I'm hoping to have a good go at bees tonight to really get started and this will really help!!

Also on the note of purifying bees, there is a block called a 'bee house'- can't remember what mod its from, but it doesn't allow mutation only breeding of one specific species so I wonder if that would be any good when automated. Also note it doesn't accept frames.

Sent from my iPhone

Grove, if I remember correctly, the bee house takes foreeeeever to complete a cycle. It would be very undesirable. The best way to purify a bee is to just bombard it with pure genes. It doesn't take too long.

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having issues downloading the server? The server zip file seems to be corrupted, and it's only 113 MB in size instead of ~170, as previous versions were. I've tried multiple times but I keep getting the same corrupted file. Is it a problem with the FTB servers or is there an issue with the uploaded file?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, is this a reference to the enetbridge limitation? (It supposedly does convert RF -> EU, but we can only get the reverse to work properly)

Worth noting to others that while directly converting (as mentioned) doesn't work, there are still indirect methods of doing this conversion. PneumaticCraft in particular provides a rather fun way to convert if you don't mind some substantial lossiness, and thanks to Jason for pointing it out to me.

Yes its a reference to eNetBridge, thats why i said direct conversion. I also disabled it completely in the configs just in case :)

Anyways in short, the best is to have EU generation only, and you can feed every machine in the pack with EU.

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having issues downloading the server? The server zip file seems to be corrupted, and it's only 113 MB in size instead of ~170, as previous versions were. I've tried multiple times but I keep getting the same corrupted file. Is it a problem with the FTB servers or is there an issue with the uploaded file?
Downloaded server just now. Got full 174MB. It unzipped just fine.
Same here. No problem downloading the files. Anyway if you are still unable no matter what you try: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxj4NBelfxwrWlJzQ1V5ZHM3eE0/view?usp=sharing - this is the direct link for the server on my Google Drive. Feel free to grab it :)

(also I will get the download server folder available completely to public on the first post at some point)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
..... I also disabled it completely in the configs just in case :)
Now I get why it was in the configs area, thanks. :)

Anyways in short, the best is to have EU generation only, and you can feed every machine in the pack with EU.
Fuck that noise. So many fun power generation tools, and you wanna limit me to just EU generation? Never.

My goal: Big Reactors->PneumaticCraft->EU

Why? Cuz I've never done it.

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
Same here. No problem downloading the files. Anyway if you are still unable no matter what you try: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxj4NBelfxwrWlJzQ1V5ZHM3eE0/view?usp=sharing - this is the direct link for the server on my Google Drive. Feel free to grab it :)

(also I will get the download server folder available completely to public on the first post at some point)

Thanks a lot! I'm still unable to download it unfortunately, not sure what's going on. Maybe it's the FTB server I download from (west coast here)? Anyway, thanks, this works great!

EDIT: Another, unrelated, issue has cropped up unfortunately: Apiarist's pipes are missing from the modpack. All the ones that were placed in the world are gone, the item isn't visible in NEI and checking uses for diamond pipes doesn't show the recipe. Additionally, there is no pipes.conf in the Forestry config folder. In modules.conf, however, the buildcraft module is set to true which is what I assume adds the Apiarist's pipes. Is there a fix for this?

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a lot! I'm still unable to download it unfortunately, not sure what's going on. Maybe it's the FTB server I download from (west coast here)? Anyway, thanks, this works great!

EDIT: Another, unrelated, issue has cropped up unfortunately: Apiarist's pipes are missing from the modpack. All the ones that were placed in the world are gone, the item isn't visible in NEI and checking uses for diamond pipes doesn't show the recipe. Additionally, there is no pipes.conf in the Forestry config folder. In modules.conf, however, the buildcraft module is set to true which is what I assume adds the Apiarist's pipes. Is there a fix for this?
Not currently. Its because Forestry is not yet supporting fully latest buildcraft. I will try to look into the development forestry versions and will try to get the fix in the pack on next update. You can grab the dev versions of Forestry to see if it is fixed in the latest one, but dont use it in the world you dont want to loose and also I am not supporting it. So you will be doing that on your own.

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
That gave me an idea, which I wanted to actually do quite a while ago.... InfiTech banner :) (will probably never happen, because I am lazy, but who knows :D )

My .jpg file is a public URL in Imgur. You and anyone else are free to use it.

I spent ~5 minutes on it in stoneage MS Paint and it needs work with the color/luminosity transition/gradient, but it gets the job done for now.

If someone else can make a prettier banner, please share !

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Is it me, or are loading times for the pack significantly longer on 2.0.2? Binnie's mods are disabled on default, right?