[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
how to stop from getting poisoned?

stay away from cave spiders, poison ivy and jungle bees. ;)

But to answer your question a complete Hazmat Suit from IC2 will prevent status effects from reaching you but does not offer very much in the armor department, I think a complete Apiarist's set might work as well since that keeps the jungle bees effect away as well.

edited to remove incorrect answer

Last edited:

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know about the hazmat suit :) Wonder if those are enchantable.

That's because it doesn't actually work. Your response made me doubt my answer and I learned that it protects against radiation but not poison...

Owghard

Jul 29, 2019
I know then milk cure poision. But we can only use it as we are hungry. What is weird.

Sorry for broken english.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I know then milk cure poision. But we can only use it as we are hungry. What is weird.

Sorry for broken english.
English not bad at all. If you don't mind, you specifically wanted to say: "I know that milk can cure poison. But we can only use it when we're hungry, which is weird."

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I have another guess but, I have not tried it out yet on any 1.7 packs, I do see that the Talisman of Remedium is still a craftable item from Thaumic Tinkerer 2. I am not at home so I can't load up a creative world to test but if they still work like they did on the previous version once you craft and activate the item it will quickly cure you from all status effects. I used it primarily for battling wither skeletons but I am ASSUMING it SHOULD work for poison as well.

wiki page for the old version below (page does not exist yet for the current version)
http://ftbwiki.org/Talisman_of_Remedium_(Thaumic_Tinkerer_1)

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else have a cape on today? The pattern on it looks like... a bronze beealyzer maybe? On the inside of the cape there's a big S. Is it Forestry's (Sengir)?
No, good sir, you are not the only one o_O
this is confusing as ive never had a cape before.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, what are we doing wrong?

Wife and I started this pack tonight, and we've been playing for a few hours. Got a bit of food, and headed down for mining. We've mined dozens of stacks of raw crap, and so far have found

2 small iron ore (cant even make a pickaxe yet)
a handfull of other stuff (lead, tin, etc)
NO COAL yet, and you cant cook wood to get charcoal.

I know this is supposed to be a hard pack, but this is silly. We finally killed a mob that gave us a coal, and those 4 torches are all we have for light.

Is this how hard it really is?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No you're getting burned by an early-game stumbling block.

In most modpacks, you can just settle down wherever and have charcoal going immediately. In this one, you have a few options:
1) You can camp near a visible coal vein. They're fairly abundant and easy to find on the surface (but require running around for a while to find one)
2) You can find clay and sand and make Coal Coke ovens, which transform wood->charcoal
3) You can find rubber trees and use a tree tap to get sap. Sap+sticks=torches (obviously not a fuel source, but at least its a light source)

This is almost a trial for new players. If you can overcome this, you'll do fine with the rest.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thank you so much. We were honestly ready to give up. Mining in the dark for no ores really sucked. Now we can mine for no ores in flickering light :)

Coke oven in progress.
Glad to help.

This is a particularly friendly thread so don't hesitate to ask questions. Several players do nothing but play this pack these days so we're fairly quick to respond (since we're often around asking questions ourselves)

Happy teching :)

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Oh god. Resurrection is out. I'm gonna be trying that out for a while, it's also got GregTech in it. Sorry for leaving this pack.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
PS: When you're done your current project, I have another modpack idea for you :p

Pff... I am currently in progress of "stoping" the massive InfiTech 2 development (not full development, but doing some massive changes or tweaks will no longer be happening), and will be focusing on the second modpack. So thanks, but i dont want another modpack ideas :D