[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It isn't actually odd. It is because you can fit 1 block of water (1 cubic meter) into 1 bucket and 1 cubic meter is 1000 L.
Yeah that's the popular explanation. It just runs somewhat contrary to intuition since, by that argument, I'm now fitting 1000L of liquid into a bucket (which was fine when I wasn't forced to think of it as 1 cubic meter in a bucket). Liters is a broken derivative.

More importantly: we've always had buckets and millibuckets, we didn't need liters. The addition itself was odd.

H

hawki

Does anyone know why stargates are not selectable? /Buggy?
Does anyone else has difficulties getting assembly lines to work?

T

targetingyou78

Alright I finished it! My Oil Processing chain using Transvector interfaces. Someone was asking questions about it before so I'm going to post pictures. (Mainly though just because I'm proud of it though :p ) 2017-01-19_14.25.19.png 2017-01-19_14.25.34.png 2017-01-19_14.25.45.png 2017-01-19_14.25.55.png 2017-01-19_14.26.02.png

Edit: So I actually just started running it and holy cow does this have a high output. I just put in a very small amount of heavy oil and I have plenty of Plastic / TNT / LPG / Methane. :) I'm so glad this journey all worked out and was well worth it!

Last edited:
N

Navarin

While we're on the topic of distillation towers, is there any reason to save all the Hydric Sulfide/Sulfuric Acid? I have 3k buckets of Sulfuric Acid and I feel like I'm not going to use that much TNT.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to go back to Bronze Age (just for a nice change of pace) and finally finish off the Quest Book, which basically means doing the IC2 or the GregTech crops quests.

Something very handy I just found out while watching one of Bears Den's videos on his channel, the GT Tricorder actually functions as a Cropnalyzer! That's terrific since the Cropnalyzer didn't hold much power and was very slow to recharge. I always had to wait for it. And then there's the whole "put the seed bag thru it multiple times", but according to Bears Den, all we have to do is use the GT Tricorder on the plant before we harvest it, and the resulting seed bags, if any, will already be fully scanned. A real nice tip I wish I had been aware of earlier, so hope it helps somebody out.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
While we're on the topic of distillation towers, is there any reason to save all the Hydric Sulfide/Sulfuric Acid? I have 3k buckets of Sulfuric Acid and I feel like I'm not going to use that much TNT.

I "quickly" (over a real day or two) filled up a max-size Railcraft tank with the orange juice. Now what do I do with it all? LOL I had to do something.

I turn all Hydric Sulfide into Sulfuric Acid right away after the Distillation Tower desulfurization processing, mainly because I need that empty cell back to cycle thru my system over and over again. And so what I did was make the largest battery I could make (which was an IV-tier Lapotron Energy Orb), and I use a HV Acid Battery to transfer the energy available from the sulfuric into the IV Battery Buffer Box. No transformers are necessary when "up-converting" EU power in GregTech. The HV Buffer Box points right at the IV Buffer Box. But whatever tier of power you use, that's the best way to use up all that orange juice. It's a nice little boost from an otherwise pretty useless byproduct (unless you're a TNT maniac lol). I'm constantly putting a IV-tier battery in empty, and a few hours later I get a full IV battery with 100 million EU, seemingly "for free". :)

All I do is use Ender IO item conduit with basic filters to pull the empty HV Acid Battery out of the Buffer box, send it to an LV Extractor, then the HV Empty Hull goes into a Fluid Canner to be re-filled and sent to the Buffer Box. Just let it cycle over and over nonstop. I also power all the machines in this loop with a single LV Acid Battery that cycles thru nonstop, using filters so everything goes into the right place. It's basically free power and while I resisted setting it up, I'm certainly glad I did so instead of just voiding the waste product.

T

targetingyou78

I "quickly" (over a real day or two) filled up a max-size Railcraft tank with the orange juice. Now what do I do with it all? LOL I had to do something.

I turn all Hydric Sulfide into Sulfuric Acid right away after the Distillation Tower desulfurization processing, mainly because I need that empty cell back to cycle thru my system over and over again. And so what I did was make the largest battery I could make (which was an IV-tier Lapotron Energy Orb), and I use a HV Acid Battery to transfer the energy available from the sulfuric into the IV Battery Buffer Box. No transformers are necessary when "up-converting" EU power in GregTech. The HV Buffer Box points right at the IV Buffer Box. But whatever tier of power you use, that's the best way to use up all that orange juice. It's a nice little boost from an otherwise pretty useless byproduct (unless you're a TNT maniac lol). I'm constantly putting a IV-tier battery in empty, and a few hours later I get a full IV battery with 100 million EU, seemingly "for free". :)

All I do is use Ender IO item conduit with basic filters to pull the empty HV Acid Battery out of the Buffer box, send it to an LV Extractor, then the HV Empty Hull goes into a Fluid Canner to be re-filled and sent to the Buffer Box. Just let it cycle over and over nonstop. I also power all the machines in this loop with a single LV Acid Battery that cycles thru nonstop, using filters so everything goes into the right place. It's basically free power and while I resisted setting it up, I'm certainly glad I did so instead of just voiding the waste product.
It's so funny that you're talking about resisting doing it. That's the exact same shoes im in now. I'm pumping out tons of TNT now and I still wind up with barrels full of the stuff. I'll have to setup that process. It just feels weird to me for some reason xD

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Its free energy if you care about energy. Right now my distillation power setup is: spend all acid batteries, and only use "central power" when the main batteries (fed by acid batteries, so, two buffers) are getting empty.

H

Herrminator1994

I pulled off a drum for TNT production, then set up an extractor, fluid canner, and HV battery buffer dumping into my main power storage.

N

Navarin

Aight, aight, I guess I'll setup the battery thing. I swear the oil processes were specifically designed to use as many bouncy cells (or in this case, battery hulls) as possible.

T

targetingyou78

Its free energy if you care about energy. Right now my distillation power setup is: spend all acid batteries, and only use "central power" when the main batteries (fed by acid batteries, so, two buffers) are getting empty.
If you are running out of power I assume you're not using LPG as power for your oil processing? What do you do with it then?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If you are running out of power I assume you're not using LPG as power for your oil processing? What do you do with it then?
I use all of it. I bank a certain amount of LPG, Methane, Naphtha and Sulfuric Acid for other uses. Everything else gets priority-burned (before nitro-diesel kicks in).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

For me, I've filled a Bedrockium Drum with LPG, and already have 11m mb in the second Drum. LOL It's not what I expected to happen, for me to have this amazing excess of power/fuel... but it sure is a nice "problem" to have, where to spend it all. :)

Hitting a pocket of Heavy Oil at 704mb/cycle with my first attempt at the Drilling Rig was real lucky, I've come to realize... first of all I still haven't found a larger pocket of oil, most are half that size it seems... and second, the Heavy Oil results in an amazing amount of tiny hydrated coal, I ended up processing 40 million mb of Heavy Oil, and turning all those tiny coal dusts into diamonds, meaning all the fuels can go into Bedrockium Drums. I quickly learned the Drums are far better than the massive-sized Railcraft tanks. If I'm filling multiple Bedrockium Drums like this, imagine how many Railcraft tanks I would need? Finding a large source of Heavy Oil was really almost a game-changer, I would claim. Highly recommended. :) Of course even without the tiny coal dusts I still could use all my LPG with the Advanced Miner II over a Coal vein and probably have just as many drums, same end result.

I use the LPG Drum to run my Drilling Rig, and I use the Nitro Diesel Drum for my Advanced Miner II. I probably need to consider bumping both up a power tier, at a minimum, altho my willingness to let them run slow and steady for a long time is probably why I have my excess of fuel. It won't take too many tiers before my excess becomes a deficit of course. :)

T

targetingyou78

I use all of it. I bank a certain amount of LPG, Methane, Naphtha and Sulfuric Acid for other uses. Everything else gets priority-burned (before nitro-diesel kicks in).
Ahh I see. Im still not sure what to do next. I don't feel like I need the diesel generator yet. My big reactor still produces enough steam to keep my base powered.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get seed bags? Am I doing IC2 crops correctly? Once the plant is fully grown, I know a right click harvests the crop and leaves the plant intact, for it to re-grow. But I thought a left click will "break" the plant and drop a seed bag? I'm cross-breeding Sugar Canes only, so that I can get some Reed Seed Bags with better stats, then use those to do my actual cross-breeding for all the other plants. But the first Reed I broke didn't give a Seed Bag? Isn't it always supposed to drop one? Or is that what the Gain stat is all about, and mine was too low still?

T

targetingyou78

For me, I've filled a Bedrockium Drum with LPG, and already have 11m mb in the second Drum. LOL It's not what I expected to happen, for me to have this amazing excess of power/fuel... but it sure is a nice "problem" to have, where to spend it all. :)

Hitting a pocket of Heavy Oil at 704mb/cycle with my first attempt at the Drilling Rig was real lucky, I've come to realize... first of all I still haven't found a larger pocket of oil, most are half that size it seems... and second, the Heavy Oil results in an amazing amount of tiny hydrated coal, I ended up processing 40 million mb of Heavy Oil, and turning all those tiny coal dusts into diamonds, meaning all the fuels can go into Bedrockium Drums. I quickly learned the Drums are far better than the massive-sized Railcraft tanks. If I'm filling multiple Bedrockium Drums like this, imagine how many Railcraft tanks I would need? Finding a large source of Heavy Oil was really almost a game-changer, I would claim. Highly recommended. :) Of course even without the tiny coal dusts I still could use all my LPG with the Advanced Miner II over a Coal vein and probably have just as many drums, same end result.

I use the LPG Drum to run my Drilling Rig, and I use the Nitro Diesel Drum for my Advanced Miner II. I probably need to consider bumping both up a power tier, at a minimum, altho my willingness to let them run slow and steady for a long time is probably why I have my excess of fuel. It won't take too many tiers before my excess becomes a deficit of course. :)
Lolololol I know that feeling. Also, 704mb/ cycle ayy. I'm getting a lot more than that. Guess I'll never need oil again xD.

T

targetingyou78

How do I get seed bags? Am I doing IC2 crops correctly? Once the plant is fully grown, I know a right click harvests the crop and leaves the plant intact, for it to re-grow. But I thought a left click will "break" the plant and drop a seed bag? I'm cross-breeding Sugar Canes only, so that I can get some Reed Seed Bags with better stats, then use those to do my actual cross-breeding for all the other plants. But the first Reed I broke didn't give a Seed Bag? Isn't it always supposed to drop one? Or is that what the Gain stat is all about, and mine was too low still?
You're just unlucky then. Yeah it doesn't always give a seedbag it's a chance that gets better the higher the resistance stat is

T

targetingyou78

Yeah, if you did a big reactor first, you managed to "skip" the diesel phase successfully.
I didn't do a IC2 reactor. I did the actual mod Big Reactor- reactor. It generates very high amounts of steam very efficiently

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You're just unlucky then. Yeah it doesn't always give a seedbag it's a chance that gets better the higher the resistance stat is

Thanks. All my Gain stats are 0. I think that's the problem. But that's why I gotta cross-breed the Reeds together first (I think) to boost the stats of the parent plants (gonna do Reeds with Nether Wart).

Out of 8 new plants, I got 5 Seed Bags when I broke them all, so yeah, makes sense. But... only 3 were better stats, 2 of the Bags were worse. LOL and sigh.........

Also, once I get a plant I want to keep, such as Blackthorn (the one that gives ink sacs), I'm afraid to break it because I might not get a Seed Bag... so how do I multiply my one plant into many plants, do I just put a crop next to it and keep and eye out for weeds, and the Blackthorn only will spread to the crop?