[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I have a multi-Monitor setup and watching TV-Shows on the other one... without it I would have stoped playing by now I think :p

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question guys. How do you guys breed plutonium for your MOX fuel rods? It's my first time doing MOX reactors and it seems a little steep: each depleted uranium fuel rod gives a tiny pile of plutonium, while a MOX fuel rod requires 3 full plutonium ingots. That makes each MOX fuel rod require 27 uranium fuel rods to be burnt through. I'm just wondering how you guys achieve your quad MOX setups, as 4 quad MOX cells alone can only be achieved after 432 uranium (or burning MOX) fuel rods, which in turn effectively requires 864 U-238 ingots and a crap load of time (5.56h per uranium rod). Perhaps I should just use the new Nq+ fuel rods.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
God dang it) Cannot do bees, cannot do magic... Okay, gonna try crops to have a break from mining copper, tin and iron :D

I've done (literally) nothing except GregTech and I'm about ready to begin working on my first Fusion Generator. For me (probably not for others), one of the nicest things about this modpack is that I don't need to deal with the magic mods if I don't want to. I think I found one item so far that required a magical item but even then I was able to work around it using another method.

Now, if you're the opposite of myself, and you prefer magic mods to the tech mods... why would you even play this pack? :) This is a tech modpack, first and foremost, and I appreciate it that I can literally just avoid all the magic mods entirely without any roadblocks put in my way. Nothing against magic mods, or modpacks focused on magic, or the people who enjoy that part of it all... to each their own, right?! It's also nice that they didn't just eliminate all magic from the pack, so there's still something to (hopefully) keep everybody happy.

U

UNG_God

I was getting approximately 1EU for every 4RF. Or rather, 85% of that rate since I took some loss due to pneumaticcraft's overheating mechanic. I was extremely happy with that.

Really?!! at least you were happy about it.

Just a question guys. How do you guys breed plutonium for your MOX fuel rods?

Well the first one can come from processing the uranium ore, as we have a chance to get a full dust, at this point replicating more plutonium is prob very possible , so that is how... or just keeping finding new uranium veins.

So much stuff happens, so much stuff i would like to reply/comment , but in the end it just feel void, soon after a new flood will came and all the words are going to fade from memory.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question guys. How do you guys breed plutonium for your MOX fuel rods? It's my first time doing MOX reactors and it seems a little steep: each depleted uranium fuel rod gives a tiny pile of plutonium, while a MOX fuel rod requires 3 full plutonium ingots. That makes each MOX fuel rod require 27 uranium fuel rods to be burnt through. I'm just wondering how you guys achieve your quad MOX setups, as 4 quad MOX cells alone can only be achieved after 432 uranium (or burning MOX) fuel rods, which in turn effectively requires 864 U-238 ingots and a crap load of time (5.56h per uranium rod). Perhaps I should just use the new Nq+ fuel rods.

I just went thru the Ore Generation book, and it appears they removed Plutonium Ore? I could swear there used to be Plutonium Ores in the ground, they were red colored, Plutonium-244 I think.

As proof, you can go to the Ore book and on the last page, under the "Level 3" section, there are two Plutonium Ores listed... but if you examine the list of ore veins, you won't find any mention of Plutonium ores. I think they must have been removed from oregen at some point in time, altho that might also mean that you could still have such veins in the ground if you started your world a long time ago.

Disclaimer: Not certain I'm correct, perhaps someone can confirm. At this point it probably doesn't matter, I guess the only way to obtain it now is via processing the output from lower-level reactors?

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Well the first one can come from processing the uranium ore, as we have a chance to get a full dust, at this point replicating more plutonium is prob very possible , so that is how... or just keeping finding new uranium veins.
I just went thru the Ore Generation book, and it appears they removed Plutonium Ore? I could swear there used to be Plutonium Ores in the ground, they were red colored, Plutonium-244 I think.

As proof, you can go to the Ore book and on the last page, under the "Level 3" section, there are two Plutonium Ores listed... but if you examine the list of ore veins, you won't find any mention of Plutonium ores. I think they must have been removed from oregen at some point in time, altho that might also mean that you could still have such veins in the ground if you started your world a long time ago.

Disclaimer: Not certain I'm correct, perhaps someone can confirm. At this point it probably doesn't matter, I guess the only way to obtain it now is via processing the output from lower-level reactors?
As far as I know you can't obtain plutonium 244 dust from processing of uranium ore alone. That was removed, together with naturally spawning plutonium 244 ore, quite a while back because it sort of made regular uranium rods useless. Replicating sounds like a good idea, as now I believe I'm at the stage where plutonium is even harder to obtain than osmium. I'll give it a shot.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Last I checked, MOX reactors produced more plutonium than they consumed.

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Last I checked, MOX reactors produced more plutonium than they consumed.
Each depleted MOX rod gives the 3 plutonium back and generates an extra tiny pile of plutonium. That's the same rate as a depleted uranium rod, which also produces one tiny pile of plutonium.

Uranium rod needs: 6 ingots of U-238 + 1/3 ingot of U-235
Uranium rod produces: 1/9 ingot of Pu-244 + 4 ingots of U-238
MOX rod needs: 6 ingots of U-238 + 3 ingots of Pu-244
MOX rod produces: 1/9 ingot of Pu-244 + 3 ingots of Pu-244

In essence,
Uranium rod uses 2 ingots of U-238 and 1/3 ingot of U-235 to produce 1/9 ingot of Pu-244.
MOX rod uses 6 ingots of U-238 to produce 1/9 ingot of Pu-244.

L

LDVSOFT

I've done (literally) nothing except GregTech and I'm about ready to begin working on my first Fusion Generator. For me (probably not for others), one of the nicest things about this modpack is that I don't need to deal with the magic mods if I don't want to. I think I found one item so far that required a magical item but even then I was able to work around it using another method.

Now, if you're the opposite of myself, and you prefer magic mods to the tech mods... why would you even play this pack? :) This is a tech modpack, first and foremost, and I appreciate it that I can literally just avoid all the magic mods entirely without any roadblocks put in my way. Nothing against magic mods, or modpacks focused on magic, or the people who enjoy that part of it all... to each their own, right?! It's also nice that they didn't just eliminate all magic from the pack, so there's still something to (hopefully) keep everybody happy.
I like to take it together: magic & tech in the same time. They are quite different, I know, and I do prefer tech more (like, I still remember that original IC2 experience from many years ago...). I just was in a situation: well, I have reached a good point to try something else just for a bit, so I have started Thaumcraft, and... Yep, need energy to go further. But it's okay)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Each depleted MOX rod gives the 3 plutonium back and generates an extra tiny pile of plutonium. That's the same rate as a depleted uranium rod, which also produces one tiny pile of plutonium.

Uranium rod needs: 6 ingots of U-238 + 1/3 ingot of U-235
Uranium rod produces: 1/9 ingot of Pu-244 + 4 ingots of U-238
MOX rod needs: 6 ingots of U-238 + 3 ingots of Pu-244
MOX rod produces: 1/9 ingot of Pu-244 + 3 ingots of Pu-244

In essence,
Uranium rod uses 2 ingots of U-238 and 1/3 ingot of U-235 to produce 1/9 ingot of Pu-244.
MOX rod uses 6 ingots of U-238 to produce 1/9 ingot of Pu-244.
How much U-238 does it take to get 1/3 U-235? I don't actually recall offhand and won't be home for a few hours.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Folowing the Quest book into LV age... it askes me to get sulfur together with the rubber.
Rubber is no problem but how am I supposed to get the sulfur? All ways I see requeire a centrifuge.
Or shall I just wait up with the quest?

Also what is the recomended order of machines in LV?
Bending machine first and then all the wire cutting bal bla things?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Folowing the Quest book into LV age... it askes me to get sulfur together with the rubber.
Rubber is no problem but how am I supposed to get the sulfur? All ways I see requeire a centrifuge.
Or shall I just wait up with the quest?

Also what is the recomended order of machines in LV?
Sulfur is obnoxiously prevalent in the Nether.

Dig a hole down to like level 15 or 20 or so. Dig north for 15 minutes. Count all the sulfur veins you found.

Reactions: Dentvar

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Personally recommend wiremill first, mainly comes down to resources and I tend to find the advantage of quadruple wires per ingot is better. The only plates you really need are iron based.

Anyway, quick search through this thread sends me back to this, made it right around the GT5u update so it should be mostly accurate as it got the notable changes added there. Compares costs of the two depending on which you make first.

Reactions: Dentvar

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
How much U-238 does it take to get 1/3 U-235? I don't actually recall offhand and won't be home for a few hours.
U-235 is now the secondary by-product of uraninite and U-238 ore. There's also a HV centrifuge recipe to get 20% chance for a tiny pile of U-235 from a U-238 dust (and 2% chance for tiny pile of Pu-244), but I'm not sure why you would ever want to do that.

Last edited:
T

targetingyou78

Quick question and a comment, I just finished the tungstensteel quest and have opened up the HV machine quests. I noticed it asks me to make the Jackhammer but the jackhammer can be created once you get access to titanium. It doesn't require tungstensteel. Ok so my question is, what is the point of the Jackhammer? I know in it's description it says that it can instant break stone but how is that helpful? My MV drill could instant break pretty much anything.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Hey guys, a noob here. I was searching NEI for alternative resource gathering, and came across bees. I saw that iron combs couldn't be centrifuged for iron itself, and didn't quite understand the other recipe. What does this mean? I cannot directly get iron from bees? (Using iron as an example)

Thanks
xXxSnivyxXx

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey guys, a noob here. I was searching NEI for alternative resource gathering, and came across bees. I saw that iron combs couldn't be centrifuged for iron itself, and didn't quite understand the other recipe. What does this mean? I cannot directly get iron from bees? (Using iron as an example)

Thanks
xXxSnivyxXx
Bees no longer provide infinite resources forever. They're a resource multiplier. They give something like 4-5x the resources you'd normally get for a given resource.

Reactions: xXx_Snivy_xXx