[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This is a good idea. This may save some time setting up barrels and a golden chest, then dolly'ing said barrels and chest back into the backpack.
Indeed! And nice tip about Potency 3 being overkill.

We also had this idea of possibly setting up a wireless redstone transmitter at the "far" end of the vein, which would transmit the signal required for the bores to function. Once the bores reached that point, the bores would scoop up the transmitter, kill the signal, and quit mining.

We never actually tried it: the bores don't function in a clean cross-section, so determining the "end" point might be a pita. Its probably more trouble than its worth, but if you're concerned about them running inefficiently past the vein, it might be something to look into. Its also just "neat" that you can determine an end-point if you want to (assuming it works).

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Its probably more trouble than its worth

Mostly, yes. In my experience, it seems a single jar of Perdito per Arcane Bore is *usually* sufficient to get all the way through or mostly through a vein.

Rather, the best use of my time is usually cherry-picking blocks on the edge of the Arcane Bores, capturing a nearby node, exploring nearby caves, etc.,. And, it only take 10 to 15 minutes for a 'Potency I' bore with a fast pick to cut entirely through a GT 5 vein. So, I try not to worry too much about over-quarrying/over-boring.

Reactions: Pyure

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
All of these things are true. I highly recommend one pair of magic mirrors per arcane bore. I have the mirrors placed two blocks above (1 blank block in between) a row of vanilla hoppers that are blocked in on all sides. Because the mirrors 'spill' dropped entities out the destination end, I wanted to make sure that the drops would stay on top of the hoppers. Each hopper is pointed out to an EIO conduit set to always extract. Down the line, I first have upgraded barrels for cobblestone, dirt, and gravel so that all those items go in first. I then have a bank of iron chests for all 'useful' drops. Currently, we have plenty of cobblestone, so the barrel is connected to a trash can by another EIO conduit.

It is VERY important to put the barrels in the conduit line closer to the hoppers than the chests. It is also important to pre load the barrels with some items shift right-click them to lock the items in.

This system has been working amazingly, and it saves me a ridiculous amount of time setting up the bores and shipping product back and forth.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack updated - v2.0.0 - This is BIIIIIG!
Backup, then backup the backup and backup the backup of the backup. This update is big and a lot of things has been changed.
World reset is recommended, but not required. Your old worlds should be "fine", but they can break... You have been warned!
Warning for Binnie Mods users: Binnie Mods has been disabled, due to incompatibility with latest Buildcraft. Stay on v1.1.9 if you dont want to loose all your extra Bees/trees stuff. Otherwise go and update.
MJ is no longer present in the pack.
Due to massive change on Dim Transceivers from EnderIO - Remove them before the update, or remove them ASAP after an update or you will loose all the power.
And now... the changelog:
Updated Mods:
- AppleCore to 1.0.1
- ArmorStatusHud to 1.28
- AsieLib to 0.3.3
- BiblioCraft to 1.9.0
- BiblioWoods [BoP] to v1.9
- BiblioWoods [Forestry] to v1.7
- Buildcraft to 6.1.8
- BspkrsCore to 6.15
- Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.1
- CoFHCore to 3.0.0B8-36
- Computronics to 1.3.0
- EnderIO to 2.1.8.275
- ExtraCells to 2.1.13b13
- ExtraUtilities to 1.2.0
- Forestry to 3.2.0.5
- Galacticraft to 3.0.6.232
- GregTech to 5.06.03
- Hardcore Ender Expansion to 1.6.5
- IHL Tools and Machines to 0.518
- Immibis Core to 59.0.4
- IC2 to 2.2.653
- InventoryTweaks to 1.59-dev-156
- JourneyMap to 5.0.0RC5
- LogisticPipes to 0.8.2.81
- MineTweaker3 to 3.0.9C
- MrCrayfishFurnitureMod to 3.3.6
- NotEnoughItems to 1.0.3.67
- OpenComputers to 1.4.0.8-rc2
- PFAA to 0.2.18
- PneumaticCraft to 1.4.0-36
- ProjectRed to 4.5.3.54
- Railcraft to 9.4.0.0
- StatusEffectHud to 1.27
- ThaumicTinkerer to 2.5.161
- WR-CBE to 1.4.1.9
- Yampst to 2.0.0
- ForgeMultipart to 1.1.0.314

Removed or Disabled mods
- Binnie Mods - replaced by Gendustry
- NEI Plugins - are replaced by NEI Integration
- OpenComponents - no longer used since OpenComputers have it by default now
- Warpbook
- HoloInventory

New Mods:
- Automagy
- Malisis Core
- Malisis Doors
- Galactic Greg
- Thaumic Energistics
- NEI Integration
- IC2 Nuclear Control
- MrTJPCore
- Gendustry
- EnderZoo
- WAILAPlugins

Config Changes:
- "GregTeched" open computers recipes
- Fixed Iron and Steel Tank Walls to use GT recipe
- Removed Rock Crusher
- Activated Oregen on Moon, Mars, Asteroids
- GT OreGen (Naquadah is generating in the End; Tin/Cassi is now in layer 40-120 instead of 80-120)
- ProjectZulu fish is bit more rare.
- Recipe Script fixes for BC/RC
- Disabled Beecombs script since Binnie Mods are disabled
- Disabled showing mobs in the Main menu to prevent crashes from ProjectZulu
- Disabled following items from crafting:
- ExU Upgrade Nodes
- IHL Item Teleporter
- EnderIO Dimensional Transceiver
- PneumaticCraft Aerial Interface
- Jabba bSpace barrel upgrade​
- Implemented GregTech recipes for OpenComputers
- Made already existiing Dimensional Transceivers not worth using (really its not worth it)
- Changed Farming Station recipe. This might be changed again further in the future
- And some minor bugfixes

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack updated - v2.0.0 - This is BIIIIIG!
Backup, then backup the backup and backup the backup of the backup. This update is big and a lot of things has been changed.
World reset is recommended, but not required. Your old worlds should be "fine", but they can break... You have been warned!
Warning for Binnie Mods users: Binnie Mods has been disabled, due to incompatibility with latest Buildcraft. Stay on v1.1.9 if you dont want to loose all your extra Bees/trees stuff. Otherwise go and update.
MJ is no longer present in the pack.
Due to massive change on Dim Transceivers from EnderIO - Remove them before the update, or remove them ASAP after an update or you will loose all the power.
And now... the changelog:
Updated Mods:
- AppleCore to 1.0.1
- ArmorStatusHud to 1.28
- AsieLib to 0.3.3
- BiblioCraft to 1.9.0
- BiblioWoods [BoP] to v1.9
- BiblioWoods [Forestry] to v1.7
- Buildcraft to 6.1.8
- BspkrsCore to 6.15
- Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.1
- CoFHCore to 3.0.0B8-36
- Computronics to 1.3.0
- EnderIO to 2.1.8.275
- ExtraCells to 2.1.13b13
- ExtraUtilities to 1.2.0
- Forestry to 3.2.0.5
- Galacticraft to 3.0.6.232
- GregTech to 5.06.03
- Hardcore Ender Expansion to 1.6.5
- IHL Tools and Machines to 0.518
- Immibis Core to 59.0.4
- IC2 to 2.2.653
- InventoryTweaks to 1.59-dev-156
- JourneyMap to 5.0.0RC5
- LogisticPipes to 0.8.2.81
- MineTweaker3 to 3.0.9C
- MrCrayfishFurnitureMod to 3.3.6
- NotEnoughItems to 1.0.3.67
- OpenComputers to 1.4.0.8-rc2
- PFAA to 0.2.18
- PneumaticCraft to 1.4.0-36
- ProjectRed to 4.5.3.54
- Railcraft to 9.4.0.0
- StatusEffectHud to 1.27
- ThaumicTinkerer to 2.5.161
- WR-CBE to 1.4.1.9
- Yampst to 2.0.0
- ForgeMultipart to 1.1.0.314

Removed or Disabled mods
- Binnie Mods - replaced by Gendustry
- NEI Plugins - are replaced by NEI Integration
- OpenComponents - no longer used since OpenComputers have it by default now
- Warpbook
- HoloInventory

New Mods:
- Automagy
- Malisis Core
- Malisis Doors
- Galactic Greg
- Thaumic Energistics
- NEI Integration
- IC2 Nuclear Control
- MrTJPCore
- Gendustry
- EnderZoo
- WAILAPlugins

Config Changes:
- "GregTeched" open computers recipes
- Fixed Iron and Steel Tank Walls to use GT recipe
- Removed Rock Crusher
- Activated Oregen on Moon, Mars, Asteroids
- GT OreGen (Naquadah is generating in the End; Tin/Cassi is now in layer 40-120 instead of 80-120)
- ProjectZulu fish is bit more rare.
- Recipe Script fixes for BC/RC
- Disabled Beecombs script since Binnie Mods are disabled
- Disabled showing mobs in the Main menu to prevent crashes from ProjectZulu
- Disabled following items from crafting:
- ExU Upgrade Nodes
- IHL Item Teleporter
- EnderIO Dimensional Transceiver
- PneumaticCraft Aerial Interface
- Jabba bSpace barrel upgrade​
- Implemented GregTech recipes for OpenComputers
- Made already existiing Dimensional Transceivers not worth using (really its not worth it)
- Changed Farming Station recipe. This might be changed again further in the future
- And some minor bugfixes
Not sure how i failed to mention the over abundance of ProjectZulu fish, they wrecked my boats quite often haha.
Gonna jump to 2.0.0 immediately (after backup) ... losing all my progress though :(

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome I was waiting for a big update to show up before jumping into this pack and just in time for the holidays so I should even have some time to play.

Now for creating a new world do I want to choose standard, biomes o plenty or make some alterations (manual updates) and use extrabiomesXL? I know there was discussion earlier in this thread about not updating certain mods as it would mess up current worlds but since I am starting fresh...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome I was waiting for a big update to show up before jumping into this pack and just in time for the holidays so I should even have some time to play.

Now for creating a new world do I want to choose standard, biomes o plenty or make some alterations (manual updates) and use extrabiomesXL? I know there was discussion earlier in this thread about not updating certain mods as it would mess up current worlds but since I am starting fresh...
It doesnt matter. BoP will generate only if you will set the world type to BoP on new world screen. EXBL will generate always, you can however disable the mod to prevent it generating. Or you can just ditch both world-biáome gens and use vanilla. :)

Reactions: MigukNamja

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the thaumcraft magic biomes and taint biomes weight are still at their defaults of 5 and 2 respectively. Any recommendations on where to up these to to get them to spawn?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the thaumcraft magic biomes and taint biomes weight are still at their defaults of 5 and 2 respectively. Any recommendations on where to up these to to get them to spawn?

taint biomes give me the jeebies, not to mention that the size of them is insane in the newest versions of thaumcraft.
You wont need (sic want, imo youre nuts if you want taint to spawn more often) to alter the weight to make taint spawn more often :p
magic forest dosnt seem to be too rare set on default either on any of my worlds either.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
It doesnt matter. BoP will generate only if you will set the world type to BoP on new world screen. EXBL will generate always, you can however disable the mod to prevent it generating. Or you can just ditch both world-biáome gens and use vanilla. :)

EXBL has a very nice config. I personally disable all the EXBL biomes that look like vanilla, leaving just the really cool-looking ones. Otherwise, if I don't do that, vanilla biomes that I need like Jungle are too/extremely rare.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason one shouldn't be able to make Thaumcraft void seeds in this pack? My son was trying last night to no avail. I couldn't find anything in the configs, and I haven't gotten around to trying it myself. I didn't want to pick up all of his research on our server, since he is way warped (which he seems to enjoy) and I didn't have a chance last night to try it in creative. (BTW, how would one go about that? There must be come kind of creative mode thaumonomicon (sp?)....)