[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a difficult (impossible) time finding a vanilla Jungle biome ? Ditto Ocean biomes.

The reason I'm asking are Jungle saplings and Tropical Bees. I can't find either, and my world backups are now 750MB.

I'm running 1.1.9 with ExtrabiomesXL enabled and default 1.1.9 configs.

Reactions: Grove

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a difficult (impossible) time finding a vanilla Jungle biome ? Ditto Ocean biomes.

The reason I'm asking are Jungle saplings and Tropical Bees. I can't find either, and my world backups are now 750MB.

I'm running 1.1.9 with ExtrabiomesXL enabled and default 1.1.9 configs.

I know exactly what you mean. But jungle trees grow in other types of biomes too. It's probably more productive to search in those biomes instead of looking for a jungle biome although I can't remember what biomes they do grow in. In thinking it was orange and sandy....

Sent from my iPhone

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Well, right, solars could work... each solar steam boiler gives out 120mb/t of steam, to run RC turbine constantly you'd need 54 of those, and to sleep every night.

Though, RC turbine rotor cost 99 steel each, and last for something around 67 hours, from what I remember (at 100% rate all the time, on lower rates it lasts longer)

But come on, those kinetic wind gens, are not infinite too, you gotta replace rotors... every 3h/24h/72h/168h... (could be nerfed a little tho) aaaaaaand.... we can still craft those old, but really infinite and cheap wind mills from 1.6.4 IC2. Which are way uglier than those new wind kinetic gens.

But that's it, I'm just wondering coz ya know, my energy production is located at y=210, and ofc, I could use those old wind mills, but they're too ugly imo, and prolly op in large quantities, after doing some math, to avoid them breaking.

Just on a note of this I'm not sure if they are banned but IMHO the my shouldn't be. I have a tree farm producing essentially infinite power, yes it's not a lot of power but infinite still... These are a good example that have 'real world application'. You see wind farms bloody everywhere these days even out at see using long underwater cables.

If the rotors were nerfed then these would be great to have in the pack. (If they haven't already been removed?)

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I know exactly what you mean. But jungle trees grow in other types of biomes too. It's probably more productive to search in those biomes instead of looking for a jungle biome although I can't remember what biomes they do grow in. In thinking it was orange and sandy....

Have searched all over. Can't find a single Jungle tree or Tropical Hive. So, I edited my extrabiomes.cfg and removed nearly all ExBL biomes, which should make the vanilla biomes generate at a much higher rate. Will test tonight.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Just on a note of this I'm not sure if they are banned but IMHO the my shouldn't be. I have a tree farm producing essentially infinite power, yes it's not a lot of power but infinite still... These are a good example that have 'real world application'. You see wind farms bloody everywhere these days even out at see using long underwater cables.

If the rotors were nerfed then these would be great to have in the pack. (If they haven't already been removed?)

Excellent point. In this pack, there's many ways of making maintenance-free power. For example, if you use golems to run a tree farm and coke ovens to make the charcoal, not only is it maintenance-free, it's power-free as well.

In the context of that, a wind generator requiring maintenance does not seem unbalanced.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
About Kinetic Wind Gens.. They are disabled because they are bugged. When the chunk they are in gets reloaded, the windmill (the replaceable part) in the wind gen will be back at full durability

Ahhh ok makes sense. I'm guessing this bug has been reported? Hope it gets fixed I'd like to create my own little off shore wind farm! It'd be fun to solve all the different issues that this would cause such as EU loss over distance and water mixing with EU for starters :D

Sent from my iPhone

Tubenstein

Jul 29, 2019
About Kinetic Wind Gens.. They are disabled because they are bugged. When the chunk they are in gets reloaded, the windmill (the replaceable part) in the wind gen will be back at full durability
Ohhhh, so that's the reason... great to know then, thanks for the answer

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Have searched all over. Can't find a single Jungle tree or Tropical Hive. So, I edited my extrabiomes.cfg and removed nearly all ExBL biomes, which should make the vanilla biomes generate at a much higher rate. Will test tonight.

I get Jungle Tree saplings from harvestcraft trees in other biomes, and I have found a few Tropical hives in the Bamboo Forest biome (not sure if BoP or EBXL). They are pretty rare in that biome and the best bet was to fly around at night and look for the glow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I get Jungle Tree saplings from harvestcraft trees in other biomes, and I have found a few Tropical hives in the Bamboo Forest biome (not sure if BoP or EBXL). They are pretty rare in that biome and the best bet was to fly around at night and look for the glow

Ah...I'll try the Pam's Harvestcraft trees. I haven't found a Bamboo Forest biome. I'm using EXBL and not BoP.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh ok makes sense. I'm guessing this bug has been reported? Hope it gets fixed I'd like to create my own little off shore wind farm! It'd be fun to solve all the different issues that this would cause such as EU loss over distance and water mixing with EU for starters :D

Sent from my iPhone
That one was @Aiwendil's find. He said that he reported it to IC2 team, so I hope he did :)

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Bamboo forest is from another mod....one of the farming ones with booze barrels I think.

So what the hell...my gregtech enerfy tools (chainsaw) broke?! How do I repair it before I lose it?!!

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
I have some problems with gregtechs new ore generation.

The Gregtech Ore Generation Guide says:
Gold 20-40, Copper/Tin 60-120, Bismuth 80-120, 0Iron/Lead 40-80
I searched ~4 Hours flying with Creativemode at the surface of my World and I can only find: Coal, Lignite Coal, Gold, Magnetite Ore, Vanadium Magnetite Ore.
I also tried to find Iron at lvl 60. I searched ~2 Hours breacking Blocks with Creative Mode and I never found anything except some small ore thingys.

It is strange that gold appears above Y:80. Never found Gold under Y:80.
The Guide says: Gold Y:20-40
The config says: gold Y:20-40, mix: 60-80
But oke, at least I can find Gold. I am searching Iron/Copper/Tin.
I know i can Hammer Magnetite for Iron Nuggets but isnt it strange that I cant find Iron althought I am mining at the right Y?!
Next: Copper. I cant find any Copper-realted ores like Tetrahedrite Ore (Y:80-120) or Copper itself.
Next: Tin. I also cant find Tin Or or Casserite or anything realted to Tin.

How do I get Tin or Copper?

Edit:
Wow, didnt expect that but 5 minutes after posting this I found Tin/Casserite at Y:90. I just needed 4-5 hours.

Edit2:
Oh my god this game is trolling me. Next to it is a Copper/Tetrahedrite vein, but I cant mine it because Granite

next problem is: the veins are super small, both veins are just one biom large >.<

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I have some problems with gregtechs new ore generation.

The Gregtech Ore Generation Guide says:
Gold 20-40, Copper/Tin 60-120, Bismuth 80-120, 0Iron/Lead 40-80
I searched ~4 Hours flying with Creativemode at the surface of my World and I can only find: Coal, Lignite Coal, Gold, Magnetite Ore, Vanadium Magnetite Ore.
I also tried to find Iron at lvl 60. I searched ~2 Hours breacking Blocks with Creative Mode and I never found anything except some small ore thingys.

It is strange that gold appears above Y:80. Never found Gold under Y:80.
The Guide says: Gold Y:20-40
The config says: gold Y:20-40, mix: 60-80
But oke, at least I can find Gold. I am searching Iron/Copper/Tin.
I know i can Hammer Magnetite for Iron Nuggets but isnt it strange that I cant find Iron althought I am mining at the right Y?!
Next: Copper. I cant find any Copper-realted ores like Tetrahedrite Ore (Y:80-120) or Copper itself.
Next: Tin. I also cant find Tin Or or Casserite or anything realted to Tin.

How do I get Tin or Copper?

Edit:
Wow, didnt expect that but 5 minutes after posting this I found Tin/Casserite at Y:90. I just needed 4-5 hours.

Edit2:
Oh my god this game is trolling me. Next to it is a Copper/Tetrahedrite vein, but I cant mine it because Granite

next problem is: the veins are super small, both veins are just one biom large >.<
OreGen Guide might be little outdated.

Iron/Copper: i have found a nice big vein right underneath my base at around level 24 (it was Chalcopyrite vein - top 3 layers copper, lower 3 layers iron)

Tin: i spend around 5hrs myself just looking for a vein (legit looking in boat and running around like crazy on foot). Found one inside AE2 meteorite crash, that yielded me quite a lot of Tin

Gold: Wasnt searching for it yet, but pieces can be scattered inside Magnetite veins.

1 Chunk veins: There are few possibilities: 1) Mountain cut - vein tried to generate in 3x3 chunks, but only 1 chunk of those 9 was in the mountain wall) 2) Forge update cut - Generated world before v1.1.9 and new chunks generated in v1.1.9

Granite mining: EnderIO Dark Pick is able to mine it, It can be found in the chests (you will find either pick itself or at least Dark Steel ingots if you are lucky :D)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Other early-game Level 3 pickaxes include ones made from Thaumcraft shards and Thaumium pickaxes.

Speaking of pickaxes, @MajPayne21 and I have found that enchanted Dark Pickaxes are perhaps the best pickaxes for the Arcane Bore. Dark Iron is both durable and enchantable. And, it's far cheaper to repair than similar pickaxes like the Pickaxe of the Core. It's hard to beat in terms of speed and longevity.

Throw a fully-enchanted one of these plus a fully-enchanted Focus of Excavation in an Arcane Bore, pipe in some Perdito, and slap me sideways if you aren't impressed with the speed.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Other early-game Level 3 pickaxes include ones made from Thaumcraft shards and Thaumium pickaxes.

Speaking of pickaxes, @MajPayne21 and I have found that enchanted Dark Pickaxes are perhaps the best pickaxes for the Arcane Bore. Dark Iron is both durable and enchantable. And, it's far cheaper to repair than similar pickaxes like the Pickaxe of the Core. It's hard to beat in terms of speed and longevity.

Throw a fully-enchanted one of these plus a fully-enchanted Focus of Excavation in an Arcane Bore, pipe in some Perdito, and slap me sideways if you aren't impressed with the speed.

Concur on this.

Also, Payne got that Magic Mirror system working to receive the bored goodies, and its cool as hell :)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I have a 'team' of 4 Arcane Bores plus their accoutrement in a backpack I carry at all times. If I find a good/interesting vein, I'll try to find the edge of it, then setup my line of Bores.

With the way GT ores generate in 5 or 6 high, the horizontal Bore is perfect.

I've found 'Potency I' (radius 7) or 'Potency II' (radius 9) are the best. Without Potency, the Bore radius is not large enough. With Potency III, it's too large with a radius of 11, causing the Bore to be slower and pickup cobblestone and other crap.

Back in my base, my post-mining maintenance consists of:

1. Unpacking chest and barrels
2. Repairing the picks in the [TT] Thaumic Restorer
3. Swapping Perdito jars and tossing Perdito + Instrumentum into the Alembics to refill the jars for mining and repair, respectively.
Cobblestone shovels work very well for this. I craft about 2 stacks (128) of those and toss those into a single JABBA barrel, which feeds into 3 Alembics, each serviced by its own golem. I have Void jars setup for all outputs, so I can toss in shovels and walk away. Golems seems to prefer, in order: Labeled normal, labeled Void, non-labeled normal

Also, Payne got that Magic Mirror system working to receive the bored goodies, and its cool as hell :)

This is a good idea. This may save some time setting up barrels and a golden chest, then dolly'ing said barrels and chest back into the backpack.

Last edited: