[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Also little headsup warning: Binnie Mods are not supporting BC 6.1+ versions (which will be in the next update) yet :(
So Binnies machines will not be able to be powered since there are no MJ generators anymore
Is it then possible to have extrabees, but with the gendustry machines? It's better than nothing I suppose

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is it then possible to have extrabees, but with the gendustry machines? It's better than nothing I suppose
If you will have both mods enabled, you will be able to use Gendustry machines to get bees from Extra Bees. But it can cause some problems, since there will be quite a lot of custom bees comming with Gendustry, so ExtraBees bees will be bit worthless.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can someone please explain to me what a custom bee is? Is this a modpack thing (Where Jason defines custom bees) or a player thing (where the player has tools to customize the bees in game)

I asked a couple pages ago; everyone hated me too much to answer :'(

Reactions: Grove

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please explain to me what a custom bee is? Is this a modpack thing (Where Jason defines custom bees) or a player thing (where the player has tools to customize the bees in game)

Forestry adds the apiology mechanics (beekeeping). Look at custom bees as custom recipes (essentially a modpack thing), where a combination of two bees yield a new bee, which yields a certain comb. You could make a custom bee for your SSP game if you wanted, though most of the beekeeping mods add the bees themselves. I can imagine a lot of GregTech bees having to be added though, and that's the kind of thing Jason would be doing (if there isn't an addon for GregTech to the beekeeping mod)

Reactions: Pyure

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Finally bending my first plates!! Low Voltage Early Electric Era :D

Built a basic steam turbine, a basic bending machine, way to the nether, bees, thaumcraft, pam's harvest craft seeds and plants (couldn't live without, got a huge farm), huge RC tank and of course a bronze plated blast furnace ...... the worst thing ever was making steel gears because they require so much steam my pipes has no chance of supplying enough.. i had to construct a pump cover that imports steam for a BC Tank because it would cost too much to upgrade all my pipes, calculated that i needed about 2 pump covers... for constantly running alloy smelter for gears, but one seems to get the job done so far :)

I'll plop down large bronze fluid pipes to supply my machines with steam now... hateful small copper fluid pipes only good for macerator, furnace, and extractor basicly, hammer and alloy smelter dies all the time, not enough steam >.< (compressor wasn't used all that much but it requires a lot i think iirc)

Really starting to run out of charcoal now tho... with bronze plated blast furnace running constantly and my small coal boiler... that tree farm needs to be built sooner or later.

Ughh.. how long have i been in early bronze age??? like a month or something.

All the things i had to do to get here :S

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/blob/master/config/gendustry/bees.cfg - These are the custom bees I am talking about. Made by modpack makers (in this case its not me, but Dominance from Beyond Reality Modpack)

Reactions: Pyure

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019

Built a basic steam turbine, a basic bending machine, way to the nether, bees, thaumcraft, pam's harvest craft seeds and plants (couldn't live without, got a huge farm), huge RC tank and of course a bronze plated blast furnace ...... the worst thing ever was making steel gears because they require so much steam my pipes has no chance of supplying enough.. i had to construct a pump cover that imports steam for a BC Tank because it would cost too much to upgrade all my pipes, calculated that i needed about 2 pump covers... for constantly running alloy smelter for gears, but one seems to get the job done so far :)

I'll plop down large bronze fluid pipes to supply my machines with steam now... hateful small copper fluid pipes only good for macerator, furnace, and extractor basicly, hammer and alloy smelter dies all the time, not enough steam >.< (compressor wasn't used all that much but it requires a lot i think iirc)

Really starting to run out of charcoal now tho... with bronze plated blast furnace running constantly and my small coal boiler... that tree farm needs to be built sooner or later.

Take my hint and automate shit

Reactions: Tsuko

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019

I found that the steam alloy furnace consumes so much steam that its not worth piping to it, just smack it on the bottom of an RC tank and be done with it.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I found that the steam alloy furnace consumes so much steam that its not worth piping to it, just smack it on the bottom of an RC tank and be done with it.
How fast can the RC tank output steam? (i thought it was limited to like 200L/s for some reason lol... damn small copper fluid pipes)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Also little headsup warning: Binnie Mods are not supporting BC 6.1+ versions (which will be in the next update) yet :(
So Binnies machines will not be able to be powered since there are no MJ generators anymore

Ah...bummer. I thought he had IC2-powered versions, at least in NEI, no ?

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
So there's a crash while searching NEI, while looking at a Forestry Farm block recipe...scroll to the left or right with the arrows (as if you were wanting to see other machines' recipes) and your client just crashes and quits.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
How fast can the RC tank output steam? (i thought it was limited to like 200L/s for some reason lol... damn small copper fluid pipes)
Technically speaking there is no limit on an RC tank, input or output are to the best of my knowledge and experimentation are sheerly limited to what you can pull out and put in, so if your output pipes only handle 200mb/sec then your draw rate will be 200mb/sec, this is why when working with boilers (largeGT/RC) it is actually best to place the output flush (or the boiler blocks) with a valve, rather than screw around trying to put fluid through pipes.

So there's a crash while searching NEI, while looking at a Forestry Farm block recipe...scroll to the left or right with the arrows (as if you were wanting to see other machines' recipes) and your client just crashes and quits.

https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/issues, crash logs might also help, so @Jason McRay knows what happened.

Reactions: Tsuko

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does anyone happen to know if higher level GT Sifting Machines have a higher chance of producing good output?

I'm trying to decide if I should process all of my diamond ore now (MV) or only process what I need until I get HV or better.

Tubenstein

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, one thing, anyone got idea if Kinetic Wind Generators are going to be be back in future here? (by default I mean)

Coz I like them, they're fancy and so on :p but I bet they're turned off for a reason, just would be lovely to know if I can expect them back in this modpack, tweaked a little or so, if they feel too OP?

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone happen to know if higher level GT Sifting Machines have a higher chance of producing good output?

I'm trying to decide if I should process all of my diamond ore now (MV) or only process what I need until I get HV or better.
I don't know.. but i read that "tier 2" extruders can make gears more cheaply with 4 ingots instaid of
Hm, one thing, anyone got idea if Kinetic Wind Generators are going to be be back in future here? (by default I mean)

Coz I like them, they're fancy and so on :p but I bet they're turned off for a reason, just would be lovely to know if I can expect them back in this modpack, tweaked a little or so, if they feel too OP?
Maybe only tree farms is okay for a "free" power source. trees grow with the sun so i don't get why we can't have solar panels that also uses the sun... it all boils down to the amount of effort you give to get X amount of energy i guess.

There is a solar panel cover and a solar steam generator, i wonder how good the generator is though?
Even if it just generates 1/4th of the power of a fully warmed up small coal boiler i think i'll build them.. the wiki is down though so i don't know how much steam / time unit it gives.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
6mb/t for solar steam boilers, though they take from sunrise to just before sunset to heat up enough to make steam in my experience, makes it essential that you sleep to keep steam up.

Reactions: Tsuko and Grove

Tubenstein

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know.. but i read that "tier 2" extruders can make gears more cheaply with 4 ingots instaid of

Maybe only tree farms is okay for a "free" power source. trees grow with the sun so i don't get why we can't have solar panels that also uses the sun... it all boils down to the amount of effort you give to get X amount of energy i guess.

There is a solar panel cover and a solar steam generator, i wonder how good the generator is though?
Even if it just generates 1/4th of the power of a fully warmed up small coal boiler i think i'll build them.. the wiki is down though so i don't know how much steam / time unit it gives.

Well, right, solars could work... each solar steam boiler gives out 120mb/t of steam, to run RC turbine constantly you'd need 54 of those, and to sleep every night.

Though, RC turbine rotor cost 99 steel each, and last for something around 67 hours, from what I remember (at 100% rate all the time, on lower rates it lasts longer)

But come on, those kinetic wind gens, are not infinite too, you gotta replace rotors... every 3h/24h/72h/168h... (could be nerfed a little tho) aaaaaaand.... we can still craft those old, but really infinite and cheap wind mills from 1.6.4 IC2. Which are way uglier than those new wind kinetic gens.

But that's it, I'm just wondering coz ya know, my energy production is located at y=210, and ofc, I could use those old wind mills, but they're too ugly imo, and prolly op in large quantities, after doing some math, to avoid them breaking.

Reactions: Grove