[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm fairly convinced it's client side because the screen freezes for a second yet the game environment has progressed. Happens single player too.

Edit: I think you're talking about block lag and there is NO block lag on the server. Its just us on there.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

a little statement to the remove of Binnie`s mod from my side: There is nor replacement for ExtraBees. It adds a ton of Extra Bees, most importantly Gregtech Bees (for ex. Bauxite). Disabling ExtraBees makes Bees nearly useless for Gregtech. Next Veins nerfed mining realy hard which needs me to use something else unfortianatly. And this pretty early on. In other words I am now forced to use Crops and UU-Matter, without any alternatives. There are a couple of ressources you can still get with bees (I believe) but they will only give you early game ressources. Those are not to useful enough to pay off for the advancing in bees. Crops and UU-Matter are just far more efficient. Its a pretty hard punch in the face for every bee friend to disable that mod. However, its okay if you decide so because of the loading time. I would just be very happy if you still support Binnies, and make the mod easy to activate. Also I hope you can keep it Up-to-date :)
Last I am a bit curious about the fusion reactor: Can anyone tell me, why the fusion reactor is not in the game anymore? Or, if you should have disabled it, why you would have done that? I dont realy think you would disable it, so I hope to hear something new about it from the Gregtech front :) I couldnt find to much information about it in the IC2 forums, maybe I just didnt search enough.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey,

a little statement to the remove of Binnie`s mod from my side: There is nor replacement for ExtraBees. It adds a ton of Extra Bees, most importantly Gregtech Bees (for ex. Bauxite). Disabling ExtraBees makes Bees nearly useless for Gregtech. Next Veins nerfed mining realy hard which needs me to use something else unfortianatly. And this pretty early on. In other words I am now forced to use Crops and UU-Matter, without any alternatives. There are a couple of ressources you can still get with bees (I believe) but they will only give you early game ressources. Those are not to useful enough to pay off for the advancing in bees. Crops and UU-Matter are just far more efficient. Its a pretty hard punch in the face for every bee friend to disable that mod. However, its okay if you decide so because of the loading time. I would just be very happy if you still support Binnies, and make the mod easy to activate. Also I hope you can keep it Up-to-date :)
Last I am a bit curious about the fusion reactor: Can anyone tell me, why the fusion reactor is not in the game anymore? Or, if you should have disabled it, why you would have done that? I dont realy think you would disable it, so I hope to hear something new about it from the Gregtech front :) I couldnt find to much information about it in the IC2 forums, maybe I just didnt search enough.

This version of GT5 doesn't have fusion sadly.

Also, veins are the best thing to happen to GT and in fact MC in general, ever.

I gather you liked bees so you didn't have to do any mining/quarrying? Afaik, binnie's will still be there, just disabled.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019

I gather you liked bees so you didn't have to do any mining/quarrying? Afaik, binnie's will still be there, just disabled.

No fusion reactor??? ;(

2nd Veins are a realy nice experience of mining. I like that and I want to see more of it. BUT, at its current state veins are sometimes REALY hard to find. The biggest issue I see is about tin and copper. Both ressources do only spawn in mountans and very rarely as well. Tin is also hard to spot. I needed to explore about 300 Chunks to find 2 tin veins. This is realy not a good thing for servers. Also veins make me miss a ton of ressources. Maybe its because I didnt search enough but I could find Rubys and a lot of other ressources. Only thing I found were TONS of Iron. So I hope the chances of appearing get tweaked a little bit :)

Last, Im fine as long as Bees just get disabled. So my post was aiming to get them still in the pack withh full support and updates as well, but disabled. Its not to much of a big deal to re-enable them for me, but I hope they will still get support :)

Last edited:

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
What @Jason McRay said. As for metals and gems (diamonds, emeralds), you can use the Magic Bees equivalents. However, they produce nuggets directly : no combs.
Hmm maybe i can live without binnies mod with magic bees, i don't want to deal with the logs right now, but i'll raise my hand and say there is an issue :)

I should get a tree farm going.. it seems to be the most basic thing except for regular food farms that we make, but i have NEVER made a tree farm even less so for an automated tree farm haha.. i did manage to get a forestry multiblock structure to become a machine on creative though :D

On a side note: dough is a pain to make with the water buckets so i learned how do make an automated water bucket filler/emptier using vanilla minecraft mechanics and blocks i need to get some automation going!! i'm doing everything manually except for growthcraft apples, they drop into my water pools that push the apples into BC obsidian (pipes that suck things into it) that flow into some double vanilla chests, i got 2 double chests full with apples!!!! the possibilities with all these apples seems endless :D

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I see some mentions about FPS and stuff... With pure pack and when i record videos, I am getting to 10-15FPS.
But when I added Fastcraft and Optifine, turned off the smooth lightning and enabled Smooth FPS. I am pretty much getting "stable" 25-30 fps whilst recording. Even with the rest most of the settings set to Fancy.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Yes the Binnies will still be in the pack, but only disabled per default (same as for example PFAA and CoG is)

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I see some mentions about FPS and stuff... With pure pack and when i record videos, I am getting to 10-15FPS.
But when I added Fastcraft and Optifine, turned off the smooth lightning and enabled Smooth FPS. I am pretty much getting "stable" 25-30 fps whilst recording. Even with the rest most of the settings set to Fancy.
To fix FPS i just turn of terrain animations in the optifine video settings.
Without terrain animations: 120 fps
With terrain animations: <30 fps

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I dont even have optifine and most of the time im well over 50fps, my machine is capped at 60 by default in most of my games though.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
What are terrain animations?
Its animations for terrain (suprise! haha) but .. stuff like steam and machines will not have animations.. i think you might not notice it even, you need to download optifine to have the option to change animation settings, there are many settings for animation (in game settings) once installed.

I think optifine is the cause of the terrain animation FPS drop tho because vanilla minecraft lags less than optifine with terrain animation ON i think? (well infitech2 terrain animation on lags badly on my computer, on infitech with optifine installed i need to turn off terrain animations for some reason)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
To fix FPS i just turn of terrain animations in the optifine video settings.
Without terrain animations: 120 fps
With terrain animations: <30 fps
I like having most of the settings set to high. I like when stuff looks nice and has every animation :)

I dont even have optifine and most of the time im well over 50fps, my machine is capped at 60 by default in most of my games though.

Without recording I am highly stable at 50-60 without Optifine. I am using optifine for smoothing the fps whilst recording.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I like having most of the settings set to high. I like when stuff looks nice and has every animation :)

Without recording I am highly stable at 50-60 without Optifine. I am using optifine for smoothing the fps whilst recording.
Yeh i get that too but i wanted to use GLSL shaders with SEUS so i had to run optifine, it looked great but i had to reduce resolution and shadow quality and i still only got around 30fps :(
So i stopped using GLSL shaders but still use optifine, mostly because of all the settings i guess.
I could get around 50-60 fps in other places than my base though.. just really demading around my base.

Runs smoothly without the extra shaders if the terrain animations is OFF.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No fusion reactor??? ;(

2nd Veins are a realy nice experience of mining. I like that and I want to see more of it. BUT, at its current state veins are sometimes REALY hard to find. The biggest issue I see is about tin and copper. Both ressources do only spawn in mountans and very rarely as well. Tin is also hard to spot. I needed to explore about 300 Chunks to find 2 tin veins. This is realy not a good thing for servers. Also veins make me miss a ton of ressources. Maybe its because I didnt search enough but I could find Rubys and a lot of other ressources. Only thing I found were TONS of Iron. So I hope the chances of appearing get tweaked a little bit :)

Last, Im fine as long as Bees just get disabled. So my post was aiming to get them still in the pack withh full support and updates as well, but disabled. Its not to much of a big deal to re-enable them for me, but I hope they will still get support :)
Tin now spawns in 40+ elevations (so not just in mountains). Not sure if this is true in the current version of IF2 but you can always just update GT on your end.

Copper I've never had any trouble finding: underground seems filthy with it.

One way to find veins is a bit of "core sampling": just drill down in any given spot. If you don't find a vein there, go 3 chunks north/east/south/west, and try again.

You can also do this with BC mining machine: it drills a 1x1 tunnel straight down and can be powered (slowly) with redstone engines. Plonk a few down every few chunks, set up a chest, come back, and see what's there.

I love this because its fun AND a realistic way of finding ores.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't even know optifine worked with this pack. Neato.
It works pretty well, indeed.
Tin now spawns in 40+ elevations (so not just in mountains). Not sure if this is true in the current version of IF2 but you can always just update GT on your end.

Copper I've never had any trouble finding: underground seems filthy with it.

One way to find veins is a bit of "core sampling": just drill down in any given spot. If you don't find a vein there, go 3 chunks north/east/south/west, and try again.

You can also do this with BC mining machine: it drills a 1x1 tunnel straight down and can be powered (slowly) with redstone engines. Plonk a few down every few chunks, set up a chest, come back, and see what's there.

I love this because its fun AND a realistic way of finding ores.

Tin/Cassi change is in the next version. If you will update the GT by yourself, its fine without any issues. Although you will also need to remove WorldGeneration.cfg file from GregTech config folder, because it will not change the configs on its own.

I knew this day was coming, but I *just* hooked up the Rock Crusher (MJ) to IC2 (EU) via an RF-Conduit via enetbridge. Somehow I don't think that will work upon next EIO update!

We shall persevere :p

Thats true. lets hope Railcraft will get updated sooner than I will push the next update of InfiTech :)

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @Jason McRay , since you are going to adopt Gendustry, i have one suggestion for you.
Adopt Beyond Reality custom gendustry bees (http://www.beyondrealitypack.com/bees-flow/).

I've talked to Dominance (the BR guy) and he said it would be fine, if you give him the credits and such.
He said that you should talk to him on IRC (#beyondreality @ esper.net) though.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Since I can't tell from the site, what's a custom bee? Can users actually define real customized bees for Gendustry so that if I wanted my modpack to have, say, bees that created U235, I could do that?

Reactions: Grove