[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Honestly it would feel much better if it would BE full time job :) Because my current job is just not good enough. 8 hrs I am not doing anything at work, bored. Yes i am "getting payed for not doing anything", but I can't do anything. I can just browse internet, talk to guys on Discord, watch YT videos. Can't even play stupid vanilla MC in here because computers in here are just a laugh.

edit: On top of that I haven't actually be payed for a month now, because internal issues...

So if we suddenly don't hear from Jason for a while, we'll know why - he might be job hunting! :D

What was the original reason you got hired at your current place of employment? If it's beginning to stagnate, you may want to consider checking if your current situation is stable because if not, better to get new work lined up sooner rather than later! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Has anyone done any testing to determine how big of a gap one might need between 2 mana bean farms tended by ordo-upgraded harvest golems before they stop commingling the beans together?

4 blocks of vertical space apparently (with a candleberry farm) in between is apparently not enough :(

Isn't the Golemancer's Bell supposed to be powerful enough to tell them where to harvest or not harvest? I haven't played with Thaumcraft much, but I've seen it work quite well in videos I watch with Thaumcraft Golems in it. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
They don't wander away xavion. There is no physical path for the golems to get from one level of the farm to another.

I set up logs to farm mana beans and put a harvest golem with order upgrade so they replant the beans as they harvest. I plant all of the logs with aura beans and let the golem go.
I add anotherlayer above this vertically with dirt and candle berries also harvest by a golem. 4 blocks above this I place another layer of logs, plant them with another type of bean, say lucrum. Set another order upgrade harvest golem on top of the logs.

As the golems harvest the separate bean plots the auram beans end up in the lucrum plot and lucrum in the auram. Everything gets mixed up.

This only happens with order upgrade golems. Back when use cores weren't so rediculously expensive I'd have use golems plant and standard harvest golems harvest. That method works fine.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So if we suddenly don't hear from Jason for a while, we'll know why - he might be job hunting! :D

What was the original reason you got hired at your current place of employment? If it's beginning to stagnate, you may want to consider checking if your current situation is stable because if not, better to get new work lined up sooner rather than later! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Currently I am able to hold on without any hard issues. The reason I got hired in my current job is that I was supposed to do what I really like (IT technician) and it is fairly close to my home (just few minutes by bus). It was good at the beginning (few years back), every day there was stuff to do. But now past 2 years... its just going to shit. If I am going to get new job I have decided to go abroad, UK. Why UK? I like to speak english, wierd i know that it is what affects my decision, but also I like UK. Been there few times on different conventions (MCM, Insomnia, EGX) and I really loved it there.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
The compact turbine setup works perfectly, just need to save upp about a stack of tungstensteel to complete the upper turbines :)
http://prntscr.com/argme8

I can't run it for very long though as my battery buffer get filled in about 10-15 minutes even with 3 HV blast furnaces running and 12 MV centrifuges :) I recon it should produce about 9360 eu/tick right now and 14040 once i get the third turbine set running :)

Bonus picture from other direction
http://prntscr.com/argp87

Tomorrow i will optimize the blast furnace! :D

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Jason, I see 3.2.4 on the version list available to select. Is this ready for playing around with, or do you need to do things to it first?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack Updated to v3.2.4 - Non recommended version, must be selected from the dropdown version menu in launcher (coming in few minutes)
BLUEPOWER IS REMOVED IN THIS VERSION. EVERYTHING FROM BLUEPOWER IS GONE, NO REFUNDS, NO COMPLAINTS.
BLUEPOWER CANVAS BAGS - GONE, BLUEPOWER LOGIC GATES - GONE, BLUEPOWER VOLCANOS - GONE.
IF YOU HAVEN'T YET MAKE SURE TO CHANGE VOLCANOS TO BE MADE FROM DIFFERENT BLOCK. I RECOMMEND EITHER MCEDIT OR /COFH REPLACEBLOCKS COMMAND

How to use MCEdit? Read it on the internet
How to use /cofh replaceblocks? Issue this command near every BluePower volcano!
Code:
/cofh replaceblocks <playerName> 100 100 100 ID#META bluepower:basalt
where ID#META is the numerical ID and META of the ProjectRed Basalt (for example 1970#3)
Now for the actual changelog
Note: You might want to enable Electrotine retrogen in ProjectRed.cfg (B:"Electrotine Ore retrogen")

Quests:
- Jetpack quest moved to later
- Coal and Chalco stone types (granite, stone, black granite,...) now oredicted for sake of "Ore Annoyance" quest.
- Changed the "Blast Furnace Upgrade" - More Storage task to require 4slot instead of 16slot Buffer.
- Fixed typo in "Magical Steel" quest.
- Fixed "Water in the Sky" quest

New Mods:
- Railcraft Cosmetics

Removed Mods:
- Bluepower

Updated Mods:
- FastCraft -> 1.23
- Gendustry -> 1.6.4.135
- IC2 NEI Crop Plugin -> 1.1.0
- IndustrialCraft 2 -> 2.2.820
- InfinityCore -> 1.4
- LogisticsPipes -> 0.9.3.114
- StorageDrawers -> 1.9.6
- Yampst -> 3.2.4

Downgraded mods:
- Thaumic Tinkerer -> 2.5.517

Changes/Fixes:
- Jetpack needs Large Fluid Cell
- Thaumostatic Girdle no longer needs PCB
- Fixed EU/t requirement for Mixing GT Dough
- Added Storage Drawers redstone upgrades
- Taking items from drawers will try to put them directly in your inventory first, then drop them in front of drawer.
- Obsidian storage upgrade gives drawers higher blast resistance
- Fixed crafting of Wireless Golem Backpack.
- Made the node transducer a bit easier to craft. Added a SEEECRET recipe for the node transducer. It should take players SEVERAL SECONDS to discover it.
- Fixed calculation of air quality for IC2 crops
- Water Mill now checks for Biome Type
- Nerfed Osmium Bees. If you are crashing with invalid chromosomes after the update: "Setting `genetics.clear.invalid.chromosomes` to `true` in config/forestry/common.cfg will fix it"
- Adjusted Warp Levels
- Changed Thaumcraft prereqs (no longer deps on Transmutations)
- Removed U-235 Cluster processing
- Changed TK Foci to require Red Garnet Lense.
- Added Iron Cluster + calcite recipe in EBF
- Re-added Thaumcraft Charcoal fabrication
- Fixed Naquadah transmutation
- Removed IBF recipes from NEI
- Greatwood Wand no longer require discount gear
- Staff Cores require discount gear
- Removed Concussion Creepers spawn in Outer Lands
- Fixed steel transmutation, back to requiring Wrought Iron Nuggets
- XACT crafter will no longer try to pull from Production Table or Forestry Worktable to fix dupe exploit.
- IC2 Single-Use battery crafting boosted
- Basalt can be chiseled to different types (crossmod)
- Chiseling Concrete is now available (GT <> Chisel)
- Epoxy Coated Plastic creation chance is now at 100%
- Etching of PCB now corresponds the Ething Success in Chemical Bath, but it is lowered by 15% due to it being FASTer and "intensive". Amount of Etching Acid needed in ChB might get changed in future.
- Blue Alloy is now crafted in Alloy Smelter with Silver+Electrotine Alloy
- Added recipes for GT Mossy Concrete (thanks to @poly)
- Fixed Multi Smelter Guide book crafting
- Disabled Fiery Steel Dust, Ingot and Plate as magical fuel
- Fixed crashing with Infused Crops. Fixed crafting of them as well.
- Re-enabled Harvestcraft NEI Handler
- Wooden Rails are cheaper and pre-tech
- Added MagicBees combs to oreComb dictionary (thanks @livingLegend)

Last edited:
Reactions: BMB78 and Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason, I see 3.2.4 on the version list available to select. Is this ready for playing around with, or do you need to do things to it first?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Its in... just give it few minutes before you try to download it... It has JUST NOW been uploaded to the repo, so it will take few minutes for launcher to realize the files are available.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Its in... just give it few minutes before you try to download it... It has JUST NOW been uploaded to the repo, so it will take few minutes for launcher to realize the files are available.

Heh. I gave it half an hour while I watched a Minecraft video, then came back, still the first attempt said there was an error and went huh on me, then the second attempt thought about it for a good minute or more, then finally agreed to start downloading it! :D

By the way, with the stupid Endercore file config thing, can you or can you not get your modpack to save the Endercore.cfg file with the change removing the stupid Endercore fireworks option or not? Because I honestly have to say I'm getting tired of having to switch the stupid option off before I go play your updated modpack version.

FTB Launcher has the option to "back up config files" when switching to a new version of a modpack so don't give me BS about not wanting to do it - what part of this are you having problems with configuring correctly so that it will properly save the config file the way I want it?

Endercore may think they can push their stupid config option on me, but it is NOT VANILLA so I DO NOT WANT IT for vanilla achievements, irrespective of the author(s) programming abilities!!!!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Heh. I gave it half an hour while I watched a Minecraft video, then came back, still the first attempt said there was an error and went huh on me, then the second attempt thought about it for a good minute or more, then finally agreed to start downloading it! :D

By the way, with the stupid Endercore file config thing, can you or can you not get your modpack to save the Endercore.cfg file with the change removing the stupid Endercore fireworks option or not? Because I honestly have to say I'm getting tired of having to switch the stupid option off before I go play your updated modpack version.

FTB Launcher has the option to "back up config files" when switching to a new version of a modpack so don't give me BS about not wanting to do it - what part of this are you having problems with configuring correctly so that it will properly save the config file the way I want it?

Endercore may think they can push their stupid config option on me, but it is NOT VANILLA so I DO NOT WANT IT for vanilla achievements, irrespective of the author(s) programming abilities!!!!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Jason, don't read BrickVoid's post.

BrickVoid, can you re-write this so its civil? This is the third post of yours I've flagged. I'm losing patience.

My understanding is that the backup config files option does not lock configuration files. If it did, the update process would be meaningless: config changes are a critical part of updates, especially since mod updates frequently deprecate parts of a config file, introduce new parts, or remove them altogether.

Reactions: Majshock

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Yeah... either I missed the part that indicated you were joking (in which case I am a moron)... or else I think someone needs a nap.
It takes, like, five extra minutes to tweak the configs to your liking and restart... I do it every update myself... no biggie :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... either I missed the part that indicated you were joking (in which case I am a moron)... or else I think someone needs a nap.
It takes, like, five extra minutes to tweak the configs to your liking and restart... I do it every update myself... no biggie :)
Keep in mind that certain configs can be also reconfigured in game. And doesnt need restart.
MODS > Search for mod > click Config (if its available) and have fun without any restarts needed

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Who's awesome with bees? Other than @MigukNamja who is on sabbatical these days.

If I'm trying to make a Common bee, and I produce a Common-Forest hybrid, which mix gives me the best chance of a pure common?
+ Forest-Common?
+ Common-Forest?
+ Common-Mystical?
+ Mystical-Common?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I can't say im awesome with bees, but since theyre all dominant genotypes of the same tier, your chances are probably about the same ... though i wouldnt mix mysticals with common, as i recall; they have a chance to mutate into something that isnt particularly useful.

@Joel Falk - probably more time than i should right now, it's a side effect of a job with shitty hours in a crashing economy.
most of that time has been spent running around looking for diamonds and lead, neither of which ive found - but i'm toooootally covered for nuclear fuel, 3 pitchblende veins within 5 mins of my base ... LOL
With the stuff i have, you wouldnt believe the game time counter in statistics, apparently i've played 4 and a half days in three weeks but im still derping around in low voltage, short attention span coupled with the fact that i fall asleep and leave minecraft running doing nothing ... *whistles innocently*

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Jason, don't read BrickVoid's post.

BrickVoid, can you re-write this so its civil? This is the third post of yours I've flagged. I'm losing patience.

My understanding is that the backup config files option does not lock configuration files. If it did, the update process would be meaningless: config changes are a critical part of updates, especially since mod updates frequently deprecate parts of a config file, introduce new parts, or remove them altogether.

That's the best I can do considering the config option is stupid. If you disagree with that, fine, go flag my posts. But don't flag me just for having an opinion of a certain config I know can be configured properly.

There isn't any point in rewriting it to be more or less civil as I am expressing a dislike of the config option anyway.

My point is that Jason can disable this when he updates his modpack, and people who enjoy fireworks can turn it on. But he's not doing that, he's forcing me to go and turn this option off every time. That is just cause for complaint IMHO. It is really annoying, and it can really be turned off by the modpack author. I really don't like having to spend an extra 5 minutes of my time just to play a modpack.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That's the best I can do considering the config option is stupid. If you disagree with that, fine, go flag my posts. But don't flag me just for having an opinion of a certain config I know can be configured properly.

There isn't any point in rewriting it to be more or less civil as I am expressing a dislike of the config option anyway.

My point is that Jason can disable this when he updates his modpack, and people who enjoy fireworks can turn it on. But he's not doing that, he's forcing me to go and turn this option off every time. That is just cause for complaint IMHO. It is really annoying, and it can really be turned off by the modpack author. I really don't like having to spend an extra 5 minutes of my time just to play a modpack.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
The inquiry is fair. The method you're using to inquire is unfair.

1) If you're saying the fireworks option is stupid, you're calling Jason stupid, because the option is on at his decision. If you knew Jason, you'd know that a person calling him stupid must, by way of provable evidence, be stupid.
2) Your point that people can turn on the fireworks if they want to is flawed logic and selfish. You're saying you want to FORCE THEM to go and turn it on instead of you. They really don't like spending an extra 5 minutes of their time just to play a modpack you know.
3) I don't know where you're from, but in every place I've lived, there is no law or custom that requires that contrary opinions need to be delivered in an uncivil way. Since the rules of the forum require that we conduct ourselves in a reasonably civil way, perhaps you can go against your nature and try it?
4) If you don't like the pack the way it is, and tweaking it to your satisfaction is unsatisfactory, go play something else.

Cheers.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've decided I'm no better at bees now than I was 2 years ago.
I've been working at this for three hours, and I have yet to produce a (consistent) ...common bee. The very first crossbreed.

I had a common/common princess (yay), but I had to cross it with something. My best option was a common/forest drone. So I ended up with...a forest/common princess of course.

I'm terrible at bees.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
I've decided I'm no better at bees now than I was 2 years ago.
I've been working at this for three hours, and I have yet to produce a (consistent) ...common bee. The very first crossbreed.

I had a common/common princess (yay), but I had to cross it with something. My best option was a common/forest drone. So I ended up with...a forest/common princess of course.

I'm terrible at bees.
I will just leave this here for you: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz9AkOmMlH1m_v6spTq9XOCNQEEaT4F68
I am by no way an expert, but that MindCrafter's video series on bees taught me everything I needed to be proficient.
It is a little outdated, and we use a different genetics mod... but give that tutorial series a shot :)

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I will just leave this here for you: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz9AkOmMlH1m_v6spTq9XOCNQEEaT4F68
I am by no way an expert, but that MindCrafter's video series on bees taught me everything I needed to be proficient.
It is a little outdated, and we use a different genetics mod... but give that tutorial series a shot :)
Yeah I've been using GenerikB's stuff on youtube, I saw this stuff. They're both from around the same era, I just need to get the basics down.

So I produced a common/common drone, and a common/forest princess. This time I'm stashing the drone until I (somehow) end up with a common princess, at which point I'll breed those two.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Yeah I've been using GenerikB's stuff on youtube, I saw this stuff. They're both from around the same era, I just need to get the basics down.

So I produced a common/common drone, and a common/forest princess. This time I'm stashing the drone until I (somehow) end up with a common princess, at which point I'll breed those two.
my way of purifying a higher tier bee is to get a couple of mixed mutations, like common-forest common-meadows and such. Once i have about four mixed breeds and one pure bee/drone I start getting into purifying the bees into the higher tier mutation... it isn't all to difficult as long as you have access to some form of scanner to make sure that you at least keep having the bee a mixed mutation.

I dunno if it helps but using bees with a mix that in themselves can upgrade to what you want might help, like breeding together a common-forest and common-meadows, since meadows and forest breed into common.

^ all just my opinion not enforced by "real" knowledge, just gameplay.

Reactions: cimyPt