[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, how much do you guys play per day? I can usually only squeze in an hour or two during the week and something like 5-10 hours every second weekend. This is the main reason why i didn't resett for 3.2 since progress is so slow for me :p
Playing: 0 hrs a week currently :/
Developing: mostly 4 hrs per day :)

Reactions: Joel Falk

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Thats like a half time job :O I really do appriciate all the hard work you and the infitech team puts into the modpack (and those developing GT5u!)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thats like a half time job :O I really do appriciate all the hard work you and the infitech team puts into the modpack (and those developing GT5u!)
Honestly it would feel much better if it would BE full time job :) Because my current job is just not good enough. 8 hrs I am not doing anything at work, bored. Yes i am "getting payed for not doing anything", but I can't do anything. I can just browse internet, talk to guys on Discord, watch YT videos. Can't even play stupid vanilla MC in here because computers in here are just a laugh.

edit: On top of that I haven't actually be payed for a month now, because internal issues...

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to work as a full time modpack developer? Im guessing you get some from donations but beyond that im not so sure.

Can you bring your own laptop to work maybe? :D

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to work as a full time modpack developer? Im guessing you get some from donations but beyond that im not so sure.

Can you bring your own laptop to work maybe? :D
Not really... It would basically mean support from donations and patreon. Or maybe being "hired" by big youtubers, to make and maintain modpack/administrate MC Server for them :)

I do have laptop but its no use. I would say its even worse than computers here at work. I spent all my money on desktop PC and nothing remained for better laptop

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
My system of biogas processing into ethanol

Attachments

• 2016-04-12_13.47.17.png
    2016-04-12_13.47.17.png
    990.7 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Pyure

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
This might be know to a lot of people but a very neat trick when you want to controle the flow into a certain machine you can use one of the many GT pipes as a flow restrictor. This becomes extremly relevent especially when you want to controle large flows of fluids into the large turbine. The way the output hatch works with the large heat exchanger (and most likely the GT boilers) is that it fills them in a certain order and they automatically output as much as they can into adjecent fluid inventories.

So the only thing you need to do to get an exact amount of steam to a specific rotor is to find a pipe that has the exact same maximal flowrate as the nominal flow rate of the turbine. once it sends the nominal amount to the first turbine it will then fill upp the hatch and move on to the second hatch where you do the same again. The only thing you need to regulate in the large heat exchanger is the flow of lava which can easily be done with an IC2 flow controler so that you do not produce more superheated steam than all of your output pipes can handle as it then starts voiding the excess (and distilled water starts dissapearing).

So the key to controling flow rates in GT is to utilize the auto output function of multiple hatches and regulate the flowrate with one of the many GT pipes that are available :)

Just out of curiosity, how much do you guys play per day? I can usually only squeze in an hour or two during the week and something like 5-10 hours every second weekend. This is the main reason why i didn't resett for 3.2 since progress is so slow for me :p
Why not just use the ic2 regulator?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
it's most likely the cheapest pipes... although in mid LV you've probably been into the nether so you have access to eIO Conduits(need nether quarts and blaze rods and such) and you also have access to different tiers of GT pipes, both liquid and item pipes.
I've been using the Conduits, one trip to the nether and you've got all the quartz you need for a little while even if you cant sift/autoclave the stuff dusts.
Thanks Sven & Tyriael. I actually assumed enderIO conduits were actually way more expensive than that because they're one of the most powerful options. (as a comparison, see XU transfer nodes, which are indeed expensive because they're so buff)

Around 2 hours per night for me.

Why not just use the ic2 regulator?
+1.

This reminds me though: one block I don't recall seeing before and I would love to have is some sort of measuring sluice gate. Basically I want to say "allow exactly a total of 128mb from the attached tank". This way I could easily feed specific amounts of liquids (upon request) to, say, an assembling machine.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I do use the ic2 regulator for the lower flowratesbut i don't think you can use it for higher flowrates. If i remember correctly theIc2 regulator can handle a maximum of 1000 mb/tick or 20000l/s which is to low to handle the output to most large turbine rotors. The fluxed electrum rotors im using right now require 48000 mb/s for instance. I might be wrong thought :)

Also it requires no power so you dont have to bother with connecting power to it which might make things a bit messy :)

But most of all the pipes looks much nicer than the regulators :D

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I do use the ic2 regulator for the lower flowratesbut i don't think you can use it for higher flowrates. If i remember correctly theIc2 regulator can handle a maximum of 1000 mb/tick or 20000l/s which is to low to handle the output to most large turbine rotors. The fluxed electrum rotors im using right now require 48000 mb/s for instance. I might be wrong thought :)
In scenarios like this you can also run multiple regulators in parallel if you really want to, although I believe each one costs 10 eu/t to run or some such.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
you would also have to increase the inputs and outputs between heat exchanger and turbine. For 48000 l/s it would be rather difficult as you would need 3 regulators, 3 input hatches and 3 output hatches per turbine but you only have 2 input hatches per side on the large turbine.

In most cases its also cheaper to do it with pipes. Its only in this specific case that its a bit expensive since i need huge tungstensteel pipes but with almost all other flowrates it could be done with raw material that is much easier to come by like stainless steel or titanium.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
you would also have to increase the inputs and outputs between heat exchanger and turbine. For 48000 l/s it would be rather difficult as you would need 3 regulators, 3 input hatches and 3 output hatches per turbine but you only have 2 input hatches per side on the large turbine.

In most cases its also cheaper to do it with pipes. Its only in this specific case that its a bit expensive since i need huge tungstensteel pipes but with almost all other flowrates it could be done with raw material that is much easier to come by like stainless steel or titanium.
out of curiosity, why would you need multiple input hatches? So long as the regulators output back into your (gigantic) pipes, you can just combine the regulated results.

upload_2016-4-12_9-4-55.png

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
If there is a pipe with the flowrate you want then why not just use the pipe directly to begin with and skip the middleman?

This is a fair point though when you need a flow that you cant find among the different types of pipes which is usually multiples of 100 or 1000. I do think you would have to consider the dynamics of GT pipes a bit more then since you have a lot of complicated behaviour with GT pipes when you start splitting the pipes rather than have a straight pipe like slushing and such. I don't know them that well myself but i remember the way they behave isnt always straight forward especially when you start splitting flows.

When i start using more than 1 bucket of lava per second i will actually remove my regulator since i can then do it with a regular pipe as i will need either 1200 mb per second or 1800 mb per second. Right now i need 706 mb per second (not 600 because of chipping) to get the right flow which is only possible with the regulator :) I haven't actually checked if there is a pipe with a maximum flowrate of 1200 or 1800 thought so i might have to reconsider :)

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
This reminds me though: one block I don't recall seeing before and I would love to have is some sort of measuring sluice gate. Basically I want to say "allow exactly a total of 128mb from the attached tank". This way I could easily feed specific amounts of liquids (upon request) to, say, an assembling machine.
With logisticspipe you can request exact amounts for example 1mb into this tank.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If there is a pipe with the flowrate you want then why not just use the pipe directly to begin with and skip the middleman?

This is a fair point though when you need a flow that you cant find among the different types of pipes which is usually multiples of 100 or 1000. I do think you would have to consider the dynamics of GT pipes a bit more then since you have a lot of complicated behaviour with GT pipes when you start splitting the pipes rather than have a straight pipe like slushing and such. I don't know them that well myself but i remember the way they behave isnt always straight forward especially when you start splitting flows.

When i start using more than 1 bucket of lava per second i will actually remove my regulator since i can then do it with a regular pipe as i will need either 1200 mb per second or 1800 mb per second. Right now i need 706 mb per second (not 600 because of chipping) to get the right flow which is only possible with the regulator :) I haven't actually checked if there is a pipe with a maximum flowrate of 1200 or 1800 thought so i might have to reconsider :)
I do exactly this whenever possible. I'm not arguing that you should be using regulators at all, I was just debunking some of your specific concerns. I'll never use a regulator where a specific pipe throughput will do the same job for me.

With logisticspipe you can request exact amounts for example 1mb into this tank.
Man this is great to know. After so many years I'm still terrified of LP for some reason.

Reactions: Mikhail Krutov

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
I do exactly this whenever possible. I'm not arguing that you should be using regulators at all, I was just debunking some of your specific concerns. I'll never use a regulator where a specific pipe throughput will do the same job for me.

Man this is great to know. After so many years I'm still terrified of LP for some reason.

Still need to be a little careful with LP bigger networks have been known to cause major issues(smaller ones are fine though, it's just when you start automating everything with LP, tickrate issues pop-up)

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I think I only did LP once, and didn't do autocrafting with it.. Should do it however.

Also, my playtime for last couple of weeks was about 3-4 hours per week.

In January, we've played like ~4 days in a row; but it becomes boring, even thought you still want to play. :)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone done any testing to determine how big of a gap one might need between 2 mana bean farms tended by ordo-upgraded harvest golems before they stop commingling the beans together?

4 blocks of vertical space apparently (with a candleberry farm) in between is apparently not enough :(

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone done any testing to determine how big of a gap one might need between 2 mana bean farms tended by ordo-upgraded harvest golems before they stop commingling the beans together?
1 separated by paving stones of warding? Think that could work to stop golems wandering away.