[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
You're saying you want to FORCE THEM to go and turn it on instead of you.

I realize this probably makes no sense, but that 's the best typo I have seen from you so far! :D

"On" should be "off" in that sentence of yours.

You just implied you wanted me to force Jason to turn something on that he already has on anyway! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Keep in mind that certain configs can be also reconfigured in game. And doesnt need restart.
MODS > Search for mod > click Config (if its available) and have fun without any restarts needed

Does this apply to the option in question from Endercore? If this does exist I keep missing it. I have seen only regular config options regarding keybinds, if this is in a blatantly obvious place, i probably would miss it by a country mile. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I dunno if it helps but using bees with a mix that in themselves can upgrade to what you want might help, like breeding together a common-forest and common-meadows, since meadows and forest breed into common.

^ all just my opinion not enforced by "real" knowledge, just gameplay.
This is my (weak) understanding as well from what I've read.

I realize this probably makes no sense, but that 's the best typo I have seen from you so far! :D

"On" should be "off" in that sentence of yours.

You just implied you wanted me to force Jason to turn something on that he already has on anyway! :D
Re-read it. You're wrong. But if you've learned anything from the discussion, I don't care, I'm satisfied.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Because everyone cares terribly about my personal progress:
* I have attained common bees :)p at self)
* I actually have cultivated too, got them before common due to an odd convergence of circumstance.

Reactions: Sixpaq
S

Sixpaq

I've had that happen too! Ended up with 2 pure diligent princesses before I got a pure cultivated :p. I was doing two strains at once to try and get a noble line and diligent. Ended up with 2 diligent (which I'll certainly use) and no cultivated :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pyure

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Odd convergences, yeah i've had that produce industrious from cultivated/diligent and unweary/diligent - sadly, the next time i crossbred the buggers to get rid of the other traits, i ended up with pure dil and pure unweary lol... and spent the better part of the next 4 hours trying to get industrious back, because this was before i knew about magic frames. *doh*

If any of you guys find this useful; you can use the "Ebony" mutation to act as a "trait battery" (ie lifespan, workspeed, flowers) because its a dead-end mutation and wont be a total wildcard if you breed industrious with it, for example.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Who's awesome with bees? Other than @MigukNamja who is on sabbatical these days.

If I'm trying to make a Common bee, and I produce a Common-Forest hybrid, which mix gives me the best chance of a pure common?
+ Forest-Common?
+ Common-Forest?
+ Common-Mystical?
+ Mystical-Common?

As long as you have a "common" in either place it doesn't matter, but you will still run the chance of mutating a Cultivated out of it, just like real genetics there is a chance to "skip" a generation

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm trying to make a Common bee, and I produce a Common-Forest hybrid, which mix gives me the best chance of a pure common?
I have yet to figure out how to stabilize bee traits. :-|
Last time I've touched em, I've had stacks of common bees with same traits, but everything up from there (I've got to Tin bees I think) was a mess, every other generation fluctated this or that way. Hell, my tin bees have been going tin <-> clay, lol.

K

Kiama

Okay so I have a completely random problem with Infitech 2... I can't enter a world. There is no crash, it just returns to the main menu. Using 3.2.3.1, unchanged, but I have also been using that version for a while now without that problem.

I am sure reinstalling and/or restarting will fix the problem, but it won't stop it from happening again so I am just wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone or if anyone has any idea what the cause might be?

Infitech 2 version, Java version, texture packs and shaders remain exactly the same as the last time I played.
The last thing I was doing in-game was building an iron golem farm. I have recently removed all the doors and squashed 20 villagers in 4 2x2 pods.

Could village-less villagers be a problem?
Could having 20 villagers in 16 blocks of space be a problem?

EDIT: Actually ignore my speculation about villagers... I am having this problem with all worlds. So literally nothing has changed and suddenly I can't log into a world.

K

Kiama

Okay I think it was because I had previously been playing a different modpack (in this case Agrarian Skies). Restarting my pc worked.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have yet to figure out how to stabilize bee traits. :-|
Last time I've touched em, I've had stacks of common bees with same traits, but everything up from there (I've got to Tin bees I think) was a mess, every other generation fluctated this or that way. Hell, my tin bees have been going tin <-> clay, lol.
My understanding is that once you have a 99% purebred bee (in the sense that the "types" are 100% settled but the traits are not) you just keep looping the princess through with a drone until the traits settle down.

So far what I've been doing is: I have something like a dozen apiaries. 8 of them do nothing but loop purebreds to create drones and combs. I use BC pipes for this for now; the clay Insertion Pipe is handy: its way cheaper than the Apiarists' pipe and serves a similar function for me by attempting to insert anything that passes through it into the attached inventory. In this case, a princess and drone will enter, including any duplicates of that drone, and everything else will go down the line to a chest.

4 of those apiaries are manual: I crossbreed in them. Now that I have purebred bees, I'm just rejecting the "worst" traited versions until it settles on the "good" traited one. Then I'll repurpose one of those looping apiaries to churn out Commons instead.

Slight aside: Every once in a while I'll "break" a princess by screwing with its tolerance. Some bees like "hot" climates but will tolerate something a level or two lower. I've tried to re-climatize bees to like "normal" climates but instead ruined their tolerance, making the bees useless until I either find an Acclimatizer block (I think the Forestry one is removed or something) or look into Witching Gadget's terraforming to change the biome itself.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
A very nice and easy way to automate the apiaries with identical bees if you have the tech for it is the ender io item conduits. You put it into input/output mode and allow self feeding with a higher priority. Then connect a chest and it will automatically put back drones and the queen and send all excess to the chest. The best way i found is to make sure you have at least 15-20 purebreed drones (in essence no more variation so all the produced drones stack). Once you have that you start breeding the new species with the appropriate queen and drone. Then you work at that untill you have both a purebreed queen and drone and you start building upp a new excess of drones. Then in case your next mutation goes poorly as it can do if you are unlucky then you can always stabilize the queen back to the previous level and start over.

For some specific breeds that can become many important strains i then use these purebreed drones to stabilize fresh queens so i have one extra queen in this breed to prepare for further breeding. This way it is also impossible to go backwards when you are breeding new strains due to bad luck.

This still takes a lot of time thought, last time i played GT i got through all the important forestry bees (industrius, majestic) in about 20 hours of playing. Could probably do it faster this time around but it would still be very time consuming

I'm still consider myself a rookie with bees thought as they take so long to progress in so i usually skip them in most easier modpacks. The difficulty in general is so much higher in infitech thought so i might just give it a shoot

S

Sixpaq

A very nice and easy way to automate the apiaries with identical bees if you have the tech for it is the ender io item conduits. You put it into input/output mode and allow self feeding with a higher priority. Then connect a chest and it will automatically put back drones and the queen and send all excess to the chest. The best way i found is to make sure you have at least 15-20 purebreed drones (in essence no more variation so all the produced drones stack). Once you have that you start breeding the new species with the appropriate queen and drone. Then you work at that untill you have both a purebreed queen and drone and you start building upp a new excess of drones. Then in case your next mutation goes poorly as it can do if you are unlucky then you can always stabilize the queen back to the previous level and start over.

For some specific breeds that can become many important strains i then use these purebreed drones to stabilize fresh queens so i have one extra at this level to prepare for further breeding.

I'm still a bit of a rookie with bees thought as they take so long to progress in so i usually skip them in most easier modpacks. The difficulty in general is so much higher in infitech thought so i might just give it a shoot
I second this. I'm no expert but that's what I do. A single EIO item conduit can automate the whole thing, once you have pure strains (stacking drones). I always cycle pure through enough to get a full stack of drones. That way, like you said, you can force any queen to match that strain with enough breeding cycles, with drones left over for the next batch.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
In the latest 3.2.4 I can no longer see liquids in tanks through WAILA, and I enabled liquids in the options but it still doesn't work. How do I reenable it?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Do we have the thaumcraft addon in the modpack that gives you new frames for the apiaries? Especially the ones that reduce the lifespan of bees is a real time saver when you quickly want to cultivate new breeds

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Do we have the thaumcraft addon in the modpack that gives you new frames for the apiaries? Especially the ones that reduce the lifespan of bees is a real time saver when you quickly want to cultivate new breeds
Assuming you're referring to magic bees then yes. It's the only one like that I know of though so you almost certainly are.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Assuming you're referring to magic bees then yes. It's the only one like that I know of though so you almost certainly are.
I did see several magical frames. But I also read that they inject flux into the environment in some way or other, which concerns me.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Brilliant, with the frames available from there you should be able to quickly cultivate new breeds without spending to much time. Hopefully you won't have to venture that far into thaumcraft to get them. If i remember correctly the metabolic frame increases the mutation chance and necrotic decreases the lifespan of the bees. Finally there was an oblivion fram that basically makes the lifespan one cycle but removes all products which i think was rather hard to get