[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
How do you extract anything from an ME network? I moved from a chest buffer to an ME buffer since my output was just too high to handle in chests, but now I cannot extract, I actually thought item conduits worked equivalently to logistics pipes in the manner that they can easily extract. What would be a good way to connect an ME Interface to a conduit network without using lots of buffers?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
How do you extract anything from an ME network? I moved from a chest buffer to an ME buffer since my output was just too high to handle in chests, but now I cannot extract, I actually thought item conduits worked equivalently to logistics pipes in the manner that they can easily extract. What would be a good way to connect an ME Interface to a conduit network without using lots of buffers?
You can just set the conduit to import and it will send the items into the ME System.
To get items out of the system you can do 3 things:
1)
A ME Interface can be configured to keep 8 different items in its inventory (they are taken from the me system) which then can be extracted with the item conduits.
2)
You can use a ME Export Bus into a chest.
3)
You can connect a logisticspipe provider pipe/module to a ME Interface and it can see everything in the system (interface shouldnt be set to keep item inside because then the provider will only see those items instead of everything)

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
You can just set the conduit to import and it will send the items into the ME System.
To get items out of the system you can do 3 things:
1)
A ME Interface can be configured to keep 8 different items in its inventory (they are taken from the me system) which then can be extracted with the item conduits.
2)
You can use a ME Export Bus into a chest.
3)
You can connect a logisticspipe provider pipe/module to a ME Interface and it can see everything in the system (interface shouldnt be set to keep item inside because then the provider will only see those items instead of everything)

That third alternative is within the bounds of what I am attempting, however how to interface that with a conduit network I do not know. Since I am not that proficient in terms of Logistics Pipes I went ahead and used a conduit network for my ore processing, however the input from my Adv. Miners far exceed the processing throughput, meaning I need a decent buffer. That's why I set up an ME network, but alternative 1 doesn't work since the output is varying and the export bus only supports 9 items? with capacity card.

Right now I'm just using an extractor module with one chest acting as buffer, however that means the items are just bouncing back and forth if the chest gets full, while I am attempting to look for alternate solutions.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
That third alternative is within the bounds of what I am attempting, however how to interface that with a conduit network I do not know. Since I am not that proficient in terms of Logistics Pipes I went ahead and used a conduit network for my ore processing, however the input from my Adv. Miners far exceed the processing throughput, meaning I need a decent buffer. That's why I set up an ME network, but alternative 1 doesn't work since the output is varying and the export bus only supports 9 items? with capacity card.

Right now I'm just using an extractor module with one chest acting as buffer, however that means the items are just bouncing back and forth if the chest gets full, while I am attempting to look for alternate solutions.

What type of conduits are you using? Can you post some pics of your setup somewhere and link to them in this thread? What exactly are you moving around?

You're talking Adv. Miners, which in itself suggests ore and related processing. Therefore it's important for people to be actually able to see what you're processing and in what way, this is why I asked those questions above. More information in this case would definitely be helpful! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

H

Herrminator1994

I'm having serious problems with lag spikes, it's completely unplayable. MV age, some thaumcraft stuff.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
What type of conduits are you using? Can you post some pics of your setup somewhere and link to them in this thread? What exactly are you moving around?

You're talking Adv. Miners, which in itself suggests ore and related processing. Therefore it's important for people to be actually able to see what you're processing and in what way, this is why I asked those questions above. More information in this case would definitely be helpful! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Ahh, I thought my actual setup wasn't really important since that was not the issue. I am using the item conduits, and naive me thought you could plainly extract from an interface similar to how the logistics pipes work, however that did not work. The setup I have is two sides of a room with chests in the middle, which are connected to a railcraft supply delivery using logistics pipes. From here, however, it is all EIO. I've set it up in such a way that everything extracts back to the chests on a color and extracts to the machines on one color, with certain exceptions. My problem is simple, I want to keep an ME buffer while still being able to extract all its contents to the extract color(in this case green).

Sadly I cannot post pics right now but I'll post some tomorrow.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having serious problems with lag spikes, it's completely unplayable. MV age, some thaumcraft stuff.
I have struggled with many different lag issues while helping Grove maintain the Official Public Server. In order to even begin to help, we need a lot more information.
1. Are you playing normal Single Player, Single Player on a locally hosted server, or Multiplayer on a server?
2. Is it a stuttering reduction in framerate, or is it really game processing lagspikes? You can enable Morpheus and Opis from your launcher (they are both included with the modpack but dissabled by default). Once enabled, you can issue the command /opis. That will bring up a new window with a graph of your tick-time (hopefully you have a second monitor). I need to know your typical tick rate and if the graph is spiking. If the graph is not spiking, but it still seems laggy, hit F3 and watch your framerate. Does it drop alot?
3. It would be helpful to know some specs on your machine and what Java parameters you run the game with.

H

Herrminator1994

I have struggled with many different lag issues while helping Grove maintain the Official Public Server. In order to even begin to help, we need a lot more information.
1. Are you playing normal Single Player, Single Player on a locally hosted server, or Multiplayer on a server?
2. Is it a stuttering reduction in framerate, or is it really game processing lagspikes? You can enable Morpheus and Opis from your launcher (they are both included with the modpack but dissabled by default). Once enabled, you can issue the command /opis. That will bring up a new window with a graph of your tick-time (hopefully you have a second monitor). I need to know your typical tick rate and if the graph is spiking. If the graph is not spiking, but it still seems laggy, hit F3 and watch your framerate. Does it drop alot?
3. It would be helpful to know some specs on your machine and what Java parameters you run the game with.
I am playing normal single player. The frame rate stays up, but mined blocks don't drop. I ran Opis and didn't find anything, the Opis report wasn't showing any problems, it was indicating nothing out of the ordinary. I play on an IdeaPad y510b with a 512 Gb SSD, 2.4 GHZ i7 quad core, and 16Gb ram. I haven't done anything with the Java args. I did install Optifine basic.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
@Herrminator1994
Another thing you could tell us, which may very easily help identify the issue is; when you mine those blocks, are they breaking and then reappearing? that is usually a world tick rate problem. (ie, internal server dropped below 20tps)
I do not recall needing opis enabled to use the /tps command, so give that a shot as well.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing normal single player. The frame rate stays up, but mined blocks don't drop. I ran Opis and didn't find anything, the Opis report wasn't showing any problems, it was indicating nothing out of the ordinary. I play on an IdeaPad y510b with a 512 Gb SSD, 2.4 GHZ i7 quad core, and 16Gb ram. I haven't done anything with the Java args. I did install Optifine basic.
4. What was the average tick rate in Opis (or just your /tps)? And was the lag "spiking" on the graph or was the graph fairly stable?
5. Did you build your base inside the world's "spawn chunks?" These are the 16x16 chunks that surround the world spawn, and they are always loaded. In some ways, this is nice since your machines continue to process while you are off adventuring or mining, but it can contribute to lag if you have built a really complex system that never shuts off.
6. Large animal farms? In my experience, sheep are some of the worst consumers of your precious tick-time. Just a few dozen sheep eat up more time than a few hundred squid. (I assume it is because of their derpy AI... "Do I eat the gra-a-a-as or not?" Who knows?)
7. Large item transport networks? One of the players on our 3.1 server built an amazing, enormous LogisticsPipe autocrafting network. It was remarkable, but it tended to force-load nearby chunks whenever his base was partially loaded. The loading and unloading of chunks was observable with MapWriter (which came with Opis), and the lag was observable by watching the game using Java VisualVM. The thread eating the most time was LogisticsPipes updating some routing table, or something like that. We found similar behavior in EnderIO (and Thaumcraft to a much lesser extent). Basically these mods seem to have items that need to communicate with other items in nearby chunks, so there is some force loading and unloading going on and it seems to cause trouble. So it might be a good idea to not overdo it with item transport, especially across chunks.
8. Chunk loaders? EnderQuaries (which are also chunk loaders)? How many total chunks does Opis say is loaded when you are at your base? And when yiou are out mining?

H

Herrminator1994

4. What was the average tick rate in Opis (or just your /tps)? And was the lag "spiking" on the graph or was the graph fairly stable?
5. Did you build your base inside the world's "spawn chunks?" These are the 16x16 chunks that surround the world spawn, and they are always loaded. In some ways, this is nice since your machines continue to process while you are off adventuring or mining, but it can contribute to lag if you have built a really complex system that never shuts off.
6. Large animal farms? In my experience, sheep are some of the worst consumers of your precious tick-time. Just a few dozen sheep eat up more time than a few hundred squid. (I assume it is because of their derpy AI... "Do I eat the gra-a-a-as or not?" Who knows?)
7. Large item transport networks? One of the players on our 3.1 server built an amazing, enormous LogisticsPipe autocrafting network. It was remarkable, but it tended to force-load nearby chunks whenever his base was partially loaded. The loading and unloading of chunks was observable with MapWriter (which came with Opis), and the lag was observable by watching the game using Java VisualVM. The thread eating the most time was LogisticsPipes updating some routing table, or something like that. We found similar behavior in EnderIO (and Thaumcraft to a much lesser extent). Basically these mods seem to have items that need to communicate with other items in nearby chunks, so there is some force loading and unloading going on and it seems to cause trouble. So it might be a good idea to not overdo it with item transport, especially across chunks.
8. Chunk loaders? EnderQuaries (which are also chunk loaders)? How many total chunks does Opis say is loaded when you are at your base? And when yiou are out mining?

4. The TPS report from /tps is very low. Average is 0.41
5. My base is about two kilometers from spawn, and it is a 9X9 chunk area loaded by a dimensional anchor fueled with alumentum.
6. Maybe a dozen chickens, but that's it, and the lag started well after I built that farm.
7. My logistics pipe system covers a decent physical area, but only handles about a dozen locations at this point. I suspect Thaumcraft may be at fault, as I have had problems with it in this world already.
8. Dimensional anchor at my base, 9X9. World anchor at my old base, 3X3. Total of 90 chunks force loaded, Opis reports 1126 loaded chunks.
This is a world generated in 3.2, then updated to 3.3

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You may need to backup your world and start tearing out things at random to see what helps.

Infrastructure is always a culprit for me, so I typically start with things like Enderio and LP.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
8. Dimensional anchor at my base, 9X9. World anchor at my old base, 3X3. Total of 90 chunks force loaded, Opis reports 1126 loaded chunks.
This is a world generated in 3.2, then updated to 3.3
I assume you meant updated from 3.2 to 3.2.3?

Over 1000 chunks loaded for a single player seems a bit high unless you are playing with extreme viewing distances. You might want to open MapWriter (it is the M key on my keybindings). There is a menu in the upper left that says "overlay"... hover over that and scroll the mouse wheel till it says "loaded chunks". Then hover the mouse over the middle of the map somewhere and scroll out with the mouse wheel. The only areas that should be loaded (as indicated in green) should be the world spawn area, the area around your character, and the location of your chunk loaders. Make sure there are not other large areas force loaded for some reason. (We had this on the Official Public Server once in 3.2.3, I was unable to figure out why.)

If you know how to use Java VisualVM and Mission Control, you might be able to pinpoint something... otherwise, you might need to try what @Pyure says... make a backup of your world folder and start deleting stuff till your tps improves, entire mods if necessary.

Reactions: Pyure
H

Herrminator1994

Weirdness: Buildcraft pipes are not rendering. The chunks loaded is a bit high, but it's gotten past 1300 without this massive lag. I'm not having any luck opening mapwriter.

H

Herrminator1994

Got mapwriter running, only my chunkloader, myself, and the spawn chunks are loaded. Currently loading 946 chunks.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible that making dragon eggs with bees is disabled? Our bees dont yield anything...
Of course that would make sense, having serveral eggs is op. But it also means only one egg per server, which is kinda sad for players not in the tech rush team. Maybe you could add a quest which yields an egg? That way everyone could have one.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible that making dragon eggs with bees is disabled? Our bees dont yield anything...
Of course that would make sense, having serveral eggs is op. But it also means only one egg per server, which is kinda sad for players not in the tech rush team. Maybe you could add a quest which yields an egg? That way everyone could have one.
Is the bee in a Cold/Normal place? Since as of Forestry 4 specialty products require the exact temperature and humidity to be produced, and dragon egg fragments are one of those.