[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So as a noob, what kind of pipes/cables are you using in pic 2?
I'm stuck in BC transfer and as awesome as they have been I feel like they're being transitioned away from. Many thanks, cool setups.

Horberg
Those appear to be primarily item conduits from EnderIO, and maybe a couple of redstone conduits at the top (they can share spaces)

Reactions: Horberg

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Got a question about charcoal. I stopped playing a while ago since maybe around version 3.1.14 and I remember being able to make a coke oven easily. Now it seems I need to make a mixer in order to get the materials for it? Is there any way to make charcoal in the pre-electric days?
The charcoal pit, a new GT steam tech machine just for the purpose. Suggest looking at the manual for a description, although it's not too hard to work out just from the machine tooltip how to use it.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I made a simplified diagram of how to craft a Golem Use Core. It's only a few simple steps!
FvKUI5Y.png

I've got most of this programmed into AE2 autocrafting. Just the Memory (Tier 2) recipe alone won't fit in a 5k crafting CPU. I don't think you can even build a crafting CPU with enough storage to be able to make one of these end-to-end.

At this point the number of crafting steps to create a golem use core is nearly on par with making a MK1 fusion reactor, not necessarily in material cost but in crafting complexity.

Here's the materials for Qty 1 Open Computers Central Processing Unit (CPU) (Tier 2):
erPrsXE.png

Fslmx1D.png

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Oper Computers is tricky at times yeah, same with pneumaticraft. Use core golems are one of the most powerful and versatile tools available though being able to do anything from passive power generation to tree farms to cobble gens to really just a ton of things, reason why they were made the only HV golem core. Although I'm not entirely sure how your sheet is meant to be laid out it did make me wonder by your comment, so I've started poking at something similar for a fusion reactor.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
The only part of the fusion reaction we are having any issues with at all is plutonium, and that's not hard, just time consuming.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, what's been your experience with gathering plutonium actually? Since it's been proposed and discussed a bit in various places increasing the success chance of centrifuging so you need less Pu-244 to get the Pu-241 plate, and also increasing rate of U-238 centrifuging so you need to centrifuge less per U-235 as another change along with it. Been sitting on the git for a bit actually unsure of what to do.

And yeah, none of the use core stuff should be that complex or out of the way, the only possible bit is the Pneumaticraft stuff as you should already have all the GT components including epoxy going at HV. Pneumaticraft is nifty though, having the ability to produce PCBs helps massively with late game automation anyway as they're needed for both OC and PC drones, use core golems, and BC robots. All the really versatile in-world automation options need them.

Reminds me, that's another thing for the thaumcraft list.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
My lava heat exchanger system is workin! :D
http://prntscr.com/apzw07
Still lacking a fair bit of tungsten for the second turbine line but the first one is working just fine. Also realised im gonna need to expand the centrifuging of pahoe lava a LOT. By my calculations i would need 24 MV centrigufes to handle all the pahoe lava when both lines are upp and running :p

That brings me to another vital question, how do i autocraft all the nuggets and dusts?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
You can autocraft all tiny and small dusts and Nuggets with only 9 machines.
3x typefilter, 3x superbuffer with stacksize Set on output, 2x packager with dust piling shape and an alloysmelter with ingot mold. Then let all oreprocessing output first try to enter the typefilters.

Last edited:

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Currently ghoulsblade (one of the team members) is building a UUM factory for plutonium, we got the first dust from a reactor.

I remeber tin as being rare, but now ive found 3 vines while i wasnt even looking for it. I searched for a limonite vein and started digging down, hitting tin on the first try :D

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I made a simplified diagram of how to craft a Golem Use Core. It's only a few simple steps!

I've got most of this programmed into AE2 autocrafting. Just the Memory (Tier 2) recipe alone won't fit in a 5k crafting CPU. I don't think you can even build a crafting CPU with enough storage to be able to make one of these end-to-end.

At this point the number of crafting steps to create a golem use core is nearly on par with making a MK1 fusion reactor, not necessarily in material cost but in crafting complexity.

Here's the materials for Qty 1 Open Computers Central Processing Unit (CPU) (Tier 2):

Question, would making this be suitable for Logistics Pipes autocrafting? Logistics Pipes is good in that if you have all the recipes for all the items needed to craft something set up and ready to go, that it should be able to build any item no matter how complicated it is. it may try to overstuff machines in the processing chain with excess items if you don't buffer the input through chests but it seems to be able to handle ordering for complicated recipes pretty well.

It does benefit from not needing AE2's crafting CPU's! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Currently ghoulsblade (one of the team members) is building a UUM factory for plutonium, we got the first dust from a reactor.

I remeber tin as being rare, but now ive found 3 vines while i wasnt even looking for it. I searched for a limonite vein and started digging down, hitting tin on the first try :D

Tin isn't exactly rare, but you should look at what ores you find in the world carefully. I found a tin/cassiterite vein just sitting pretty on the surface, the only problem with digging it out was that both ores blend into the stone background well so it's hard to see where the ores in the vein are, and you have to get used to checking the WAILA tooltip for the block you're looking at. :D You could also get a texture pack that makes the veins more visible.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Q: What is the difference between tin and Herobrine?
A: At least I have seen Herobrine in the game! :D
I generally never have trouble finding more than one vein early on, just by going into terrain that has landmass above ~75 height, like taller hills and mountainous regoins... I find it easier to use that method of "scouting" since the ore is exposed to the open air and running around costs mostly just in food and time, compared with mining picks... Doing scouting also helps reveal surface veins of aluminium, coal and magnetite/gold and those are a nice "bonus" when one is still in pre-MV tech eras.

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem I can not supply coal boilers. Coal is not transmitted pipes. Not one way does not work.
Previously it worked well with pipes Ender IO

Attachments

• 2016-04-09_07.28.08.png
    2016-04-09_07.28.08.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
  • 2016-04-09_19.15.38.png
    2016-04-09_19.15.38.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 67

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem I can not supply coal boilers. Coal is not transmitted pipes. Not one way does not work.
Previously it worked well with pipes Ender IO
By previously do you mean 3.1?

In 3.2 it was changed so you can't use item pipes with bronze age boilers, as part of the big GregTech update.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Thank you! I'll know. Then I will build a large bronze boiler

I'd personally recommend a low pressure railcraft boiler rather than the LBB, atleast if you need continuous steam supply. An LB boiler produces 800L steam per tick at a cost of 1 "charcoal" in fuel per second while a 36LP RC boiler produces 360L steam per tick for a measly ~1/5 charcoal per second... but the railcraft boiler is only more fuel efficient if you keep it heated while a GT boiler is more fuel efficient if you only need "burst" power.

So for a continuous steam supply you get closer to between 2/5 to 1/2 fuel cost for a 36 Low Pressure RC boiler than the Large GT Bronze Boiler for equal amounts of steam.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Sven, you kinda alluded to this, but just an fyi for anyone else who cares, once you get into the higher tier Large Boilers, GT wins in both surge and constant output. May be true of the Titanium, I forget, but its definitely true of the Tungstensteel.