[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, according to the spreadsheet upgrading the first Destillation Towers energy hatch should rise the troughput a lot. Even trough the efficiency would lower.
But a few values there are off from how i planned it. Either my math was off back then or the spreadsheet is.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Be a bit more specific, what values?. You either overclock the recepie or build another distilation tower, both works (overklocking increases the total power use to refine by about 40-50% depending on fuel). However for the system to be in balance you would also need to increase the hydrogen production and add a second chemical reactor to produce nitro diesel faster (or light fuel overflows).

Something one also has to consider is that ive used raw fuel values so it does not consider transmission losses, cable losses and generator losses so one has to overestimate the power needed a bit.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The first off point i found: oil and raw oil are different fluids. I gave the non GT oils 2x the value per volume, since GT oil can be aquired in much bigger amounts.

The basic Idea about differences of light/medium/heavy oil was, that heavier -> more complex processing for efficient use, but overall more energy output.
So in case of light oil, the cracking unit and 2nd destillation tower do not improve the energy output a lot, but you must pump a lot. Heavy oil is not worth that much using only one destillation tower.
Another thing not listed in your spreadsheet: The cracking unit can be fed with steam to lower energy costs(66%) or with hydrogen for bonus output(30%).

A

Arthurio

A question regarding thaumcraft: how do I get a greatwood wand, if I don't have the sufficient amount of vis (I have max 25, needed 27,5, because of 110% vis cost)?

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
A question regarding thaumcraft: how do I get a greatwood wand, if I don't have the sufficient amount of vis (I have max 25, needed 27,5, because of 110% vis cost)?
Vis discounts from wizards' robes (I don't remember the name of items) get you to like -15%, which is sufficient to create greatwood wand.

Reactions: Astrik

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
The first off point i found: oil and raw oil are different fluids. I gave the non GT oils 2x the value per volume, since GT oil can be aquired in much bigger amounts.

The basic Idea about differences of light/medium/heavy oil was, that heavier -> more complex processing for efficient use, but overall more energy output.
So in case of light oil, the cracking unit and 2nd destillation tower do not improve the energy output a lot, but you must pump a lot. Heavy oil is not worth that much using only one destillation tower.
Another thing not listed in your spreadsheet: The cracking unit can be fed with steam to lower energy costs(66%) or with hydrogen for bonus output(30%).

Thanksfully that was not an error that made any difference in the numbers. The output per time is the same regardless of GT oil or BC oil. It just consumes less oil when using BC oil. The oil/raw oil has a lot more output than the other two thought, almost twice for the same setup.

Ohh, the hydrogen output sounds interesting. How much hydrogen does it consume to increase the amount? Also how do you input it, cant find recepie in NEI

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
64L Fuel + 64L Hydrogen = 84L cracked fuel. If to do it for processing into plastics or TNT is might be worth it. Energy wise it might be more efficient to just burn the hydrogen instead. Using Steam(that has not so much energy value), you can lower energy usage form 7680EU -> 5070EU by 64L Fuel + 64L steam= 64L cracked fuel. The cracking process uses quite a lot of energy, so it might help.

The effictive energy output of the different oils should be light oil < raw oil < heavy oil. Going trough the numbers i might throttle down raw oil processing speed a bit and rise heavy oil processing a lot.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I got a strange issue with MC interface. I've set my game to start in non-fullscreen mode, however every time I start it I have this (see the WAILA thingy):
http://imgur.com/kc9D799

To fix it, I have to tick fullscreen option twice. Which is annoying. Any other way to fix it?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Thanksfully that was not an error that made any difference in the numbers. The output per time is the same regardless of GT oil or BC oil. It just consumes less oil when using BC oil. The oil/raw oil has a lot more output than the other two thought, almost twice for the same setup.

Ohh, the hydrogen output sounds interesting. How much hydrogen does it consume to increase the amount? Also how do you input it, cant find recepie in NEI
Something else i noticed: You calculated one process exactly 1 sec when i see the output there, right? But one process is actually 32 ticks = 1,6sec. So the EU/t and some troughput of other machines is incorrect.

And about the input of hydrogen/steam in the cracker. That is in the controller tool tip. Put an second input hatch on the center ring of the multiblock and fill that with hydrogen/steam.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
64L Fuel + 64L Hydrogen = 84L

Are the numbers the same for heavy fuel? Going to look into it tomorrow, gonna check tomorrow if steam or hydrogen produces the most net energy. If you want to decrease the energy output you could just decrease oil to 75/37,5 per operation and double heavy fuel. However now its time for bed :)

All the processing times ive used what has been given in NEI (which is 1 sec for distillation tower on oil). Or was it some other machine you where thinking about (it really helps when you are a bit more specifik)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Just got material bag reward, which turned out to be empty. Is this a bug?
Make sure to not have full inventory. Otherwise during my testing I never had such issue. Maybe the material merged with same material in your inventory. Don't you have forestry bag? It could land in there

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure to not have full inventory. Otherwise during my testing I never had such issue. Maybe the material merged with same material in your inventory. Don't you have forestry bag? It could land in there
Hm probably yes, merged with something (however I've had only cobalt in my inventory).
doesn't matter that much, anyhow. If I'll reproduce it I'll post once more.

One more point about questing.. For some quests, I get IC2 coins, for some - gt coins. Just something that makes my inventories more cluttered. :|

Also, does HQM support multible variants for quest 'targets'? Like.. I don't have charcoal & dont' want to do it, so I have 6 solar boilers. Why not put "2 solar boilers or 2 coal boilers" into the quest?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I've played for a bit, and this is what I see in my logs:
Code:
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 241f1cbb (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 48bb777e (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 38140f5e (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 32f1ee70 (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 2df4e30e (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 48e309fd (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 7eb23601 (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 52a48324 (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
There's a whole lot of such stuff, and when it gets to 500ish numbers, Minecraft just hangs.
Nothing can be done from this state but killing MC with kill -9.

Edit: out of logs I've found (not fml-client-latest) that the freeze has something to do with my graphic card drivers, and the logs are just a coincidence.
Probably Optifine going nuts.

yep actually the option should be named "AnnoyingAchievements"

I'm getting so used to taking this out, it's the first thing I do whenever a new modpack version comes out. Load it to the Minecraft screen, exit, change config, and restart modpack.

Still would prefer if Jason would just turn the damned thing off in the first place, I don't see why I have to waste the same amount of PC resources twice to change a config line.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
One more point about questing.. For some quests, I get IC2 coins, for some - gt coins. Just something that makes my inventories more cluttered. :|

Also, does HQM support multible variants for quest 'targets'? Like.. I don't have charcoal & dont' want to do it, so I have 6 solar boilers. Why not put "2 solar boilers or 2 coal boilers" into the quest?

If you will be given GT Credit for quest, its a bug.

There are both quests for solars and coal boilers. But for progression you need to make Coal ones. As there are always multiple ways of obtaining goals, those specified in the quest book are the most used ways. it would be hard and nearly impossible to cover all the possible ways.

So the quests might force you to do things you will never use in future, but on the other hand you will get some reward from it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting so used to taking this out, it's the first thing I do whenever a new modpack version comes out. Load it to the Minecraft screen, exit, change config, and restart modpack.

Still would prefer if Jason would just turn the damned thing off in the first place, I don't see why I have to waste the same amount of PC resources twice to change a config line.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
NO I LOVE MY FIREWORKS :D

C

catt0

I got a strange issue with MC interface. I've set my game to start in non-fullscreen mode, however every time I start it I have this (see the WAILA thingy):
<link removed so the post can go unmoderated>

To fix it, I have to tick fullscreen option twice. Which is annoying. Any other way to fix it?
Hit NUM0 to open up the Waila settings panel, click Waila, configure aspect. There you should be able to move it down a bit or move it somewhere else entirely. (Tip: Set alpha to 1.00 to turn the background transparent)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay - You mentionned integrating polution at one point a couple of pages back. Has this been implemented already? Also, you said Pollution would not be "removable". Might you reconsider that so that we can go between the "green" route and the "Industrial route". For instance, the better your technology, the less pollution you should generate and let the flora arround (trees, etc) slow clean the air arround you. A bit similar to how TC Aura works.

Edit: Another example of that would be in outer space. You have to generate air on your station in order to breath. At the same time, if you generate pollution, you should have to vent the excess pollution.