[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
The Coke oven change is because there is now an GT alternative. The charcoal pit.

I sure hope Google can dig some information up on it, or I'll need more information from someone who knows how to set one up.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I sure hope Google can dig some information up on it, or I'll need more information from someone who knows how to set one up.
Its a less automatish way to do charcoal, which fits bronze age imo
the process is simple - you place bricks on bottom, square up to 11x11, then place logs on top of it, up to five layers, surround it with dirt, then place the machine on top of it. Machine starts lighting up, when it is done - it stops animation. When done, dig up dirt, break the brittle coal blocks, get charcoal.
Also, you can make a machine manual - its charcoal pit igniter, 6 paper, 1 black dye, and leather - see recipe in NEI.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Please note that until such time as I know that the changes have been toned down a bit, I will not be playing this modpack further. It's already a big hassle finding ores, and time-consuming, too. What am I running my miner on? The coke oven change makes no sense given the number of machines it can be used for.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Be careful with information that is worded as an ultimatum. Its normal for people to totally give up on the pack if its not suitable for them, so hearing it isn't productive nor is it likely to produce a change you're looking for.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Its a less automatish way to do charcoal, which fits bronze age imo
the process is simple - you place bricks on bottom, square up to 11x11, then place logs on top of it, up to five layers, surround it with dirt, then place the machine on top of it. Machine starts lighting up, when it is done - it stops animation. When done, dig up dirt, break the brittle coal blocks, get charcoal.
Also, you can make a machine manual - its charcoal pit igniter, 6 paper, 1 black dye, and leather - see recipe in NEI.

Does it have to be dirt, or can the sides contain any blocks next to it other than ore or combustible blocks? If I'm digging a pit, the brick bottom I can understand, but are the sides specifically required as dirt, or can it be any available non-combustible filler that's on hand? Also, you don't say if the block placed on top needs an ignition source.

Being that it's primary cost is 10 bronze ingots in particular to make, does this machine get spent in the process, or do I get it back? is it self-igniting, for example, solar powered?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Small tip from me. My first ore vein was, sadly, sapphire. That can't be mined with my crappy stone picks.

However, I had 4 gunpowder. I was able to craft a Powderbarrel, which is like a TnT. I picked a dense part of the vein, exploded it, and got 7 sapphire blocks, which is enough for 2 sapphire pickaxes with which to mine more of the vein.

This should be useful if your first veins are theoretically useful but unmineable.

Reactions: Aiwendil

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
I was saddened by a line of text
- OpenComputers PCB has been removed
I love to make robots and program them. Now they will not.
Quarry of the other I do not use mods. Robots in my work as a quarry.

Gambo

Jul 29, 2019
I am still on 3.1.23. when I logged on to my server today (twice), all of the rail craft multi block machines became un-formed. I had to take a crowbar and remove and replace a block on each to get them re-formed. Has that happened to anybody else?

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
I know that in the Open Computers programming language - lua. After studying the language I can program the robots. A lot of fan sites about programming. The essence of fashion is not only to do something, but also to program.
And how are things with Pneumaticraft PSB I do not know. Information about it is very little. Unknown programming language and, if there is one.
There is no information on my native language - Russian.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
There is no information on my native language - Russian.
Я тебе в личку отписал :)
Крафтить роботов можно, просто вместо плат из OC будешь юзать платы из Pneumaticcraft'а.
А язык у пневматика очень странный, да.
//just translating some stuff.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Do we have anything in the modpack to keep a specific number of items in an inventory? Im thinking of how to solve the 4 different chemical reactors you will need to process the sulfated naphta, ligh/heavy fuel and gas. They will all process at different speeds so round robin would not work and i dont wannt to use a specific line of machines for each one.

I've been working on the energy balance of the system and think i will make a detailed google docs document for calculating all relevant stuff for the different oil types since it becomes different depending if you have light, raw or heavy oil. I'le post it here once it is done.

I also saw that the fuel values of a lot of things have changed. Nitro diesel is 512 k eu now per bucket for instance :) Large overview post coming later during the day

Last edited:

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Do we have anything in the modpack to keep a specific number of items in an inventory? Im thinking of how to solve the 4 different chemical reactors you will need to process the sulfated naphta, ligh/heavy fuel and gas. They will all process at different speeds so round robin would not work and i dont wannt to use a specific line of machines for each one.

I've been working on the energy balance of the system and think i will make a detailed google docs document for calculating all relevant stuff for the different oil types since it becomes different depending if you have light, raw or heavy oil. I'le post it here once it is done.

I also saw that the fuel values of a lot of things have changed. Nitro diesel is 512 k eu now per bucket for instance :) Large overview post coming later during the day

Use 2x transfer nodes with hyper-rationing pipes on all the reactors, works fine for me. I then use round robin + speed downgrade from the output to split cells evenly between chest and hydrogen canner.

Man, making a train station for multiple trains requires a loooot of logic gates o_O Takes me hours to build in creative, days? in survival. It does look pretty compact and nice though, hopefully will serve its purpose in the future!

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that should work nicely. Havent really used that functionality before with those pipes :)

Edit: Here comes the google document on oil refining in infitech 3.2
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ypolb7s6aLHTMSyClcbFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?usp=sharing

The total setup should need 2x distilation towers, 1 cracking unit, 1 water source, 5 LV chemical reactors, 2 LV Fluid canners, 1 LV extractor, 1 LV electrolyzer and 1 LV centrifuge. This is the minimal amount of machines for this with the electrolyzer having the second highest uptime of between 40-65% depending on oil type (first distilation tower is 100% ofc)

I should mentioned this is using the pure numbers without losses so the actuall processing cost would be somewhat higher.

If anyone sees anything wrong or have a question please let me know. Now i just have to decide with what i should power the different parts of the process and build it :)

Looking at the numbers i think it will be very hard to run the process on by products. By far the easiest way would be to skip using methane and acid batteries and run everything on nitro diesel. This way we can skip one extractor and one canning machine. Will adjust that in a bit, need a break now.

It's not that much of a loss thought as the overall process produces more nitro diesel than before which also has a larger energy content than before (512k vs 384k) so all in all this process produces a lot more energy for the same amount of fuel than the old process.

Last edited:

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that should work nicely. Havent really used that functionality before with those pipes :)

Edit: Here comes the google document on oil refining in infitech 3.2
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ypolb7s6aLHTMSyClcbFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?usp=sharing

The total setup should need 2x distilation towers, 1 cracking unit, 1 water source, 5 LV chemical reactors, 2 LV Fluid canners, 1 LV extractor, 1 LV electrolyzer and 1 LV centrifuge. This is the minimal amount of machines for this with the electrolyzer having the second highest uptime of between 40-65% depending on oil type (first distilation tower is 100% ofc)

I should mentioned this is using the pure numbers without losses so the actuall processing cost would be somewhat higher.

If anyone sees anything wrong or have a question please let me know. Now i just have to decide with what i should power the different parts of the process and build it :)
wiki said:
The others each have a chance of 12.5% to contain Natural Gas, Light Oil, Oil, Heavy Oil
There is no raw oil.
raw oil = oil?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Raw oil and Oil have the same recepie, im guessing one is the BC version and the other is the GT version. So it is what you get from pumping from regular oil wells. Light and heavy you have to get from a oil drilling rig afaik.

Shit, forgot to add the processing cost of light fuel to nitro fuel. Got some more work to do now :p

Reactions: DarknessShadow

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Raw oil and Oil have the same recepie, im guessing one is the BC version and the other is the GT version. So it is what you get from pumping from regular oil wells. Light and heavy you have to get from a oil drilling rig afaik.

Shit, forgot to add the processing cost of light fuel to nitro fuel. Got some more work to do now :p
Could you add natural gas too?