[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The more complex carbon fibers are GT5.09 only.

Also, i just noticed that this thread now has the most replys of all modpacks.
I know this pack has a decent audience, but i've also heard that the thread itself is more communicative than others; people feel comfortable asking questions and making suggestions here. That's nice.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok.. So.. I do not have any changelog, because I would spend hours writing it all down. I will try to put something together tomorrow.
Also we now have Discord server (its like IRC). So if you want to hang out with your fellow InfiTechers, ask questions or just talk about your favourite movies... Get your asses in there.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE DISCORD

Modpack has been updated to v3.2
Here is some lazy version of the changelog
Updated Mods:
- A LOT OF THEM

Removed mods:
- Bibliowoods Addons

New Mods:
ASP + GS Patcher (fixes few Gravisuite issues)
ChickenChunks
Ding
Framez2
HelpFixer
HQM
IC2 NEI Plugin
JsonLootBags
MouseTweaks
Steves Carts
Trajectory
Travellers Gear
Witching Gadgets

Changes:
- Added HQM with quests. Quests are made as a part to help new players understand GT a bit, but at the same time they give rewards which can be spent in shop (Shop will be available however in LV age)
- Quests are still going to be added, but currently there is full quest line for all GregTech Electrical Ages and little bit on thaumcraft
- Thaumcraft got completely overhauled
- More balancing happend
- RC Steam Oven has been removed
- PneumaticCraft got overhauled slightly
- Buildcraft overhauled
- Couple of new metals and alloys are available
- Added edible salt for use in food crafting recipes
- Removed RC Steam Turbine
- OpenComputers PCB has been removed, instead you need to use PneumaticCraft PCBs
- PneumaticCraft PCBs are harder to craft
- Chisel worldgen lowered
- Disabled IC2 power storages
- Removed IC2 Electrical tools (those that have equivalents in GT)
- Removed Gravisuite Gravitool and Advanced Mining Drill
- Blacklisted couple of items in HEE Instability Orb to prevent them from being obtainable
- Disabled RC Residual Heat (that means you will not be able to track player movement with RC goggles, but it will enhance the stability and performance)
- Added NEI Info book (ugly version) to teach new players about NEI (you know those buttons on top and bottom)
AND POSSIBLY PROBABLY MUCH MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Changes:
- RC Steam Oven has been removed

[/SPOILER]

Does this mean we can't use RC's boiler multiblocks anymore for the GregTech steam era or am I reading this wrong? I've never heard of the RC Steam Oven before now, if it's not what I think it is. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Does this mean we can't use RC's boiler multiblocks anymore for the GregTech steam era or am I reading this wrong? I've never heard of the RC Steam Oven before now, if it's not what I think it is. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Steam Oven is basically just a furnace on drugs running of steam.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Steam Oven is basically just a furnace on drugs running of steam.

Okay, I was all set to give 3.2 a go sometime later today, I could care less about anything that wasn't a GregTech item anyway. I was going to start a new world but I have got to say this: Getting early-game automation for farming is rather slow in Infitech 2 and really slows my gameplay down a lot. I do thank you, though, for the salt addition. :D

When I start a world anew, I do the following order:

First night:

Some cobble and wood for a few basic tools if I'm not near a village or loot chest.
Wool for a bed for 1st night, to skip.
A few food supplies, usually whatever I can find nearby me. I tend to even punch the Pam's HarvestCraft gardens if there's a shortage of animals nearby.

After first night, I look for the following:

A suitable base location, preferably, if I can spot any veins, one with copper, cassiterite, etc.
A decent sized water resource, as it'll be needed for GT Steam Era.
Plenty of trees. I like to have wood on hand in mass quantity, so will go after some JABBA barrels and try to get that setup.
I generally go setup a temporary farming location, and get ready to go mining in order to find the items I'll need for GregTech Steam Era.
After this, pretty much what you'd expect.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to easily distribute cells with a ratio(for oil production) in a small space? Right now I just crafted like 200+ cells for oil production just to ensure correct distribution, while it might work seems a bit clunky to use.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats.
- Removed IC2 Electrical tools (those that have equivalents in GT)
Does this mean that IC2 Drills are not craftable?
Because miners (basic ones) would be unusable w/o IC2 drills. I've used to use them for sample mining, since they are faster then Arcane Bore, and can scan pretty large area w/o digging all the useless cobble & whatnot.
Mining wells are getting disabled as well, since Drills are unavailable to craft.
Is this 100% intended?
Bore from Steve's Carts is unavail, as well.
:(

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats.

Because miners (basic ones) would be unusable w/o IC2 drills. I've used to use them for sample mining, since they are faster then Arcane Bore, and can scan pretty large area w/o digging all the useless cobble & whatnot.
Mining wells are getting disabled as well, since Drills are unavailable to craft.
Is this 100% intended?
I think Jason didn't think about that one.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Congrats.

Is this 100% intended?
Whoops... Well I think you will be fine until you will reach the point of a need of using Mining Wells :)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
The station by itself is essentially a mirror to process two trains from both sides. The relevant part is a holding track(the second processing thingy) with three fluid unloaders matching the design of my train. It is unloaded down and sent to my base. It will then go down to the refill station where it will fill with water, charcoal and nitro-diesel.

The oil rig has an unloader for nitro-diesel and three tank detectors with an AND gate. When all three are filled the train is released and sent back. Rinse and repeat.

HXU3z08.jpg

4IcmnyW.jpg

Oh and does anyone know the answer to my thaumcraft problem? My golems just stopped planting fir saplings :(

And, by some weird coincidence a lightning struck my train just before this :( , rip locomotive and 2 train carts.
Been unable to read the last 6 pages for a few days. Hence the old post quote ;p.

SO yeah, you Sir make me want to have a train. :D

Reactions: Vliro

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Logged in once to see how much work it would get things in order and boy did the system for oil change a lot. Think i need to build like an array of chemical reactors and another distilation tower along with production of hydrogen gas and a cracking unit to get things in order at least :p

Good thing i had about 2200 buckets of nitro fuel saved up so i have some time to fix it :p

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Logged in once to see how much work it would get things in order and boy did the system for oil change a lot. Think i need to build like an array of chemical reactors and another distilation tower along with production of hydrogen gas and a cracking unit to get things in order at least :p

Good thing i had about 2200 buckets of nitro fuel saved up so i have some time to fix it :p

I just finished mine, and I haven't really found a dire use for the cracking unit, although I use raw oil for processing. Might I say you're gonna work for quite some time, blood made a good job with making it interesting.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
This is gonna be a bit of a challange but i already got a preliminary plan for how the new oil system will work.
First i need to make a line to make hydrogen gas (from water) to desulfur all the initial products from the distilation tower and turn it into sulfuric acid (water) which will be one of the fuels i use for the process with one use batteries. The other one will be refinery gas. Then i need a cracking unit to crack the heavy fuel so i can send it into a second distilatin tower to produce the final stuff and some additional light fuel. The light fuel to nitro diesel line will be the same as before except i wont get extra from cracking the oil. I think its gonna be a really interesting setup. Need to make an energy balance on the sulfuric acid and refinery gas thought so i know how to balance the system and if it needs additional energy from the nitro diesel. I also noticed that they upped the energy of sulruric acid by about 75% which should help a lot as this is gonna be a quite power hungry process.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
This is gonna be a bit of a challange but i already got a preliminary plan for how the new oil system will work.
First i need to make a line to make hydrogen gas (from water) to desulfur all the initial products from the distilation tower and turn it into sulfuric acid (water) which will be one of the fuels i use for the process with one use batteries. The other one will be refinery gas. Then i need a cracking unit to crack the heavy fuel so i can send it into a second distilatin tower to produce the final stuff and some additional light fuel. The light fuel to nitro diesel line will be the same as before except i wont get extra from cracking the oil. I think its gonna be a really interesting setup. Need to make an energy balance on the sulfuric acid and refinery gas thought so i know how to balance the system and if it needs additional energy from the nitro diesel. I also noticed that they upped the energy of sulruric acid by about 75% which should help a lot as this is gonna be a quite power hungry process.

Sulfuric acid will also used in the creation of I-tnt/tnt from oil, so it is important to not use up all of the sulfuric acid. LPG is also used for materials, so guess I cannot use it all up. I use nitro-diesel for the entire setup and I still manage with a hefty bonus, even without proper usage of LPG, methane and sulfuric acid, I pretty much void it atm. Since I run advanced miner for uranium power I can focus on the materials of it, which is the most important for future securing it.
That is, polyethylene, I-tnt and polyfluorothingy thanks to oil.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
To Jason and anyone reading this modpack thread: I downloaded it, and it timed out on the first attempt at downloading. Starting it a second time fixed this, so therefore if it fails to download the first time around, try again. :D

Just a heads-up in case anyone else encounters this error! ;)

Also, just finished running the first instance of this mod, and already I had to take out the Endercore fireworks thing. Dammit, why can't they default this to OFF instead of me having to do it for them every time?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I've played for a bit, and this is what I see in my logs:
Code:
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 241f1cbb (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 48bb777e (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 38140f5e (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 32f1ee70 (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 2df4e30e (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 48e309fd (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 7eb23601 (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
[23:46:24] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 52a48324 (Trajectory_TheWorldForMe) may have leaked: seen 415 times.
There's a whole lot of such stuff, and when it gets to 500ish numbers, Minecraft just hangs.
Nothing can be done from this state but killing MC with kill -9.

Edit: out of logs I've found (not fml-client-latest) that the freeze has something to do with my graphic card drivers, and the logs are just a coincidence.
Probably Optifine going nuts.

To Jason and anyone reading this modpack thread: I downloaded it, and it timed out on the first attempt at downloading. Starting it a second time fixed this, so therefore if it fails to download the first time around, try again. :D

Just a heads-up in case anyone else encounters this error! ;)

Also, just finished running the first instance of this mod, and already I had to take out the Endercore fireworks thing. Dammit, why can't they default this to OFF instead of me having to do it for them every time?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
yep actually the option should be named "AnnoyingAchievements"

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Jason, what did you do to the vanilla Minecraft bed? Every time I sleep, I can now see the inside of my face at a weird angle! This is very weird! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Also, i just noticed that this thread now has the most replys of all modpacks.
We don't really, I mean we seem to be something like triple the next highest but Regrowth is still beating us for replies, just harder to notice as the thread was moved out of the public packs section of the forums a while back. Of course, both this and Regrowth are miles ahead of anything else. We seem to be more active though so we'll probably catch up given enough time if it keeps up.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Whoops... Well I think you will be fine until you will reach the point of a need of using Mining Wells :)

I think another whoops you didn't think about is that charcoal is one of many fuels used to run steam boilers for the steam era. Now I have to get to the electric age on wood burning fuels or bore myself to death finding coal veins. The change to the coke oven recipe really doesn't cut it anymore. I don't want to get to the electric age on expensive wood fuels, I want to turn logs into charcoal before I will use them for fuel. it's an efficiency thing.

I seriously hope the next version of the modpack has a rollback of the coke oven changes, I don't mind having the wet coke bricks as an additional crafting step, though. You could keep that and swap the mixer requirement out for an additional crafting step, and I would be happy enough to consider that a compromise.

Please note that until such time as I know that the changes have been toned down a bit, I will not be playing this modpack further. It's already a big hassle finding ores, and time-consuming, too. What am I running my miner on? The coke oven change makes no sense given the number of machines it can be used for.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid