[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, that should be simple as you only need 1 chemical reactor and a centrifuge, maybe ile add biomass and ethanol as well.

Im also adding uptime on the more time consuming processes so you know what you need to increase if you want to increase the output of the system. For instance you can add a second distilation tower for oil and one electrolyzer and you will doubble the output with the rest being the same

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Raw Oil = Medium Oil
Raw Oil is not BC oil (its almost the same, but its not the same)¨
BC Oil is just named Oil

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I was saddened by a line of text
- OpenComputers PCB has been removed
I love to make robots and program them. Now they will not.
Quarry of the other I do not use mods. Robots in my work as a quarry.
As far as I know you dont need PCB for Robots. Or am i missing something? Is it required in an machine that doesnt show its recipe in NEI?

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
How do you fix when carts bug out? Like you cannot target them, it is driving me insane. Sometimes carts just don't exist and act really strangely, which really makes it difficult to work with them. The only solution I've found is creative and spam destroy blocks around it until they disappear, and I have to rebuild the train :[

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
How do you fix when carts bug out? Like you cannot target them, it is driving me insane. Sometimes carts just don't exist and act really strangely, which really makes it difficult to work with them. The only solution I've found is creative and spam destroy blocks around it until they disappear, and I have to rebuild the train :[
Never happend to me, but what i would do rather than spam destroy blocks, i would just relog :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack hotfix v3.2.1 - Fixing stuff (will take slightly longer... doing some minor tweaks in the last minute) :D
Quests:
- Added new quest in Bronze Age, to teach player about the Credits and the Shop
- Shop "quest line" will now open after completing the quest mentioned above
- Fixed some typos
- Added Description for the Magic quest line
- "Better than collecting Food" quest - dependant also on "Handwork Tools" quest (because of the Bucket requiring plates)

Changes/Fixes:
- Fixed few recipes that wanted IC2 Drills which are disabled
- Added few more DISABLED tooltips
- Disabled RC Energy Carts
- Added tooltips to Industrial Craft seeds to tell what they drop and what block they need (if they need) (thanks @DarknessShadow)
- Lowered Buildcraft oil generation (1.2 -> 0.5)
- Added OCEAN and DEEP OCEAN biomes to have increased oil gen
- Removed PcCraft Oil generation (Before anyone will complain about how am I supposed to used PcCraft Distillery with lowered amounts of Oil.... You can convert GT oil to BC/PC oil with your distillery. BC/PC oil is named just Oil
- Fixed forestry difficulty settings
- Disabled IC2 Miner (its unusable with IC2 Drills disabled)
- Changed recipe for Advanced IC2 Miner
- Fixed Scroll-wheeling items from/into inventories
- GT Dough can be now crafted also with Fresh Water

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the numbers i think it will be very hard to run the process on by products. By far the easiest way would be to skip using methane and acid batteries and run everything on nitro diesel. This way we can skip one extractor and one canning machine. Will adjust that in a bit, need a break now.
You know that single use acid batteries are simple to automate? They can automaticly pulled out of battery buffers when empty. So cycle the single use batteries trough canner, batbuffer, extractor. Acid in -> energy out. Quite compact.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Phew, this took almost all day. Maybe i should actually play something soon instead of just calculating stuff :p
Updated the Fuel refining focument now so that it takes nitro fuel processing into cost as well as added natural gas and ic2 biogas as a fuel type as well. I was thinking of adding ethanol but looking at the recipe it was obvious that this is not a fuel that will be relevant for a lot of people.

Fuel refining for infitech 3.2.x
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ypolb7s6aLHTMSyClcbFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Overall its a nice overview of the different mid game powersources that are available, their respective power output and complexity of setting upp the system.

Yes blood asp, ive did that before in my previous system before the update. However the amount of energy i can get out of the sulfuric acid is a bit to small in comparison of the running costs. for the different oils it ranges from 2.01 to 3.6% of the total energy the distilation tower produces. Methane and sulfuric acid both dont add upp even close to the amount of energy needed for the system which would make it needed to balance 3-4 different outputs within the setup. That would be quite complicated however it would be possible if you really wanna optimize the nitro diesel production.

It would be rather easy to see what you can cover since you can see the amount of each sub process requires in the calculations tab. For instance a good sugestion on oil would be to run the entire desulfurisation process on sulfuric acid (hydrogen, H2S, H2SO4) . Methane can run the centrifuge and naphta runs the light fuel to nitro diesel refining and then run the rest on nutro diesel. All of this with some excess product you can use for other stuff.

The problem with this system is that your process might not run with light oil or heavy oil since the distribution of energy in that process is different.

Thats why it might be better to just use 1 fuel that is enough for all (nitro diesel) that can process all the types of oil without having to change the setup at all.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Phew, this took almost all day. Maybe i should actually play something soon instead of just calculating stuff :p
Updated the Fuel refining focument now so that it takes nitro fuel processing into cost as well as added natural gas and ic2 biogas as a fuel type as well. I was thinking of adding ethanol but looking at the recipe it was obvious that this is not a fuel that will be relevant for a lot of people.

Fuel refining for infitech 3.2.x
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ypolb7s6aLHTMSyClcbFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Overall its a nice overview of the different mid game powersources that are available, their respective power output and complexity of setting upp the system.

Yes blood asp, ive did that before in my previous system before the update. However the amount of energy i can get out of the sulfuric acid is a bit to small in comparison of the running costs. for the different oils it ranges from 2.01 to 3.6% of the total energy the distilation tower produces. Methane and sulfuric acid both dont add upp even close to the amount of energy needed for the system which would make it needed to balance 3-4 different outputs within the setup. That would be quite complicated however it would be possible if you really wanna optimize the nitro diesel production.

I have put the link to the sheet in the first post. Nice job!

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
You read the doc like this:
http://prntscr.com/ahpry4
From here you can see what machines are required for the complete setup and what is input for each machine. Moreover the uptime tells you how much of the time the specific machines will be working. This is usefull if you want to scale things up. The 100% upkeep is the bottleneck in the system and you can then improve the ouput by checking what the new bottlenecks would be if you made another of the previous bottleneck machine.

http://prntscr.com/ahptto
Here you can see the amount of outputs that get produced from this specific fuel (if using my sugested setup). The amount if calculated on is currently Set so that it is equal to 20 seconds of production but i can change it however i want.
It also gives the raw amount of energy is in the fuel and as a percentage of the total output as well as some other numbers such as energy cost of processing the fuel, the total amount of fuel etc etc. This is usefull to compare how the different setups compare against eachother for a given amount of time

http://prntscr.com/ahpyiq
In the calculations sheet you can see all the calculations in detail so most of the above can also be found here. Here you can also find the power consumtion in each sub process. By comparing this to the fuel streams you can decide if you want to use some of the outputs to run parts of the process to increase the amount of nitro fuel you can use.

The best setup for oil ive come up with (that can handle all types of oil) is to use sulfuric acid to run the desulfurisation process. http://prntscr.com/ahq0bd However this also require an additional fluid canner and a extractor (to make single use acid batteries)
Centrifuging the process gas is made with methane http://prntscr.com/ahq1yc
The process of turning light fuel to nitro diesel is made with naphtha http://prntscr.com/ahq2hq
The remaining process (2x distilleries and cracking unit) is run on nitro diesel.

This should run for light, normal and heavy oil with the same system and should produce a decent excess of all the different products while maximizing the nitro diesel.

Several of the outputs of the process (nephta, LPG, lubricant, toluene) can also be further processed into other materials (not fuels) such as tnt and circuits to name a few.

Last edited:
A

Arthurio

In the calculations sheet you can see all the calculations in detail so most of the above can also be found here. Here you can also find the power consumtion in each sub process. By comparing this to the fuel streams you can decide if you want to use some of the outputs to run parts of the process to increase the amount of nitro fuel you can use.
I cannot see these calculations...

So as I understood I take whatever oil I want, than processing it through chemical reactors, compressors, distillery etc till I arrived to light fuel... Than what am I supposed to do? How do I get nitro diesel, for example?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot see these calculations...

They are in a different worksheet: http://prntscr.com/ahqkz4

It is also described there, first a compressor to get compressed air cell, decann to get gasous air, distillery to make it into nitrogen gas. Bottle the nitrogen and send it into a chemical reactor with water and carbon dust to produce glycerol trinitrate. Bottle the glycerol and send it to another chemical reactor with light fuel to produce nitro diesel

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Modpack hotfix v3.2.1 - Fixing stuff (will take slightly longer... doing some minor tweaks in the last minute) :D
Quests:
- Added new quest in Bronze Age, to teach player about the Credits and the Shop
- Shop "quest line" will now open after completing the quest mentioned above
- Fixed some typos
- Added Description for the Magic quest line
- "Better than collecting Food" quest - dependant also on "Handwork Tools" quest (because of the Bucket requiring plates)

Changes/Fixes:
- Fixed few recipes that wanted IC2 Drills which are disabled
- Added few more DISABLED tooltips
- Disabled RC Energy Carts
- Added tooltips to Industrial Craft seeds to tell what they drop and what block they need (if they need) (thanks @DarknessShadow)
- Lowered Buildcraft oil generation (1.2 -> 0.5)
- Added OCEAN and DEEP OCEAN biomes to have increased oil gen
- Removed PcCraft Oil generation (Before anyone will complain about how am I supposed to used PcCraft Distillery with lowered amounts of Oil.... You can convert GT oil to BC/PC oil with your distillery. BC/PC oil is named just Oil
- Fixed forestry difficulty settings
- Disabled IC2 Miner (its unusable with IC2 Drills disabled)
- Changed recipe for Advanced IC2 Miner
- Fixed Scroll-wheeling items from/into inventories
- GT Dough can be now crafted also with Fresh Water

Regarding the Oil changes: I don't mind the PnuematicCraft generation being removed, but do the changes mean we wouldn't see deserts with lots of oil fields any more? Water is very difficult to work with if there's an oil spout in the middle of it. It needs to get filtered out, possibly for use in some machine but mostly water would just be excess if you've already got an infinite supply set up.

With the desert oil fields they're at least easier to mine because you don't have to go to the trouble of setting up a lot of extra materials to fill the spaces around the oil in the water. Sand I don't care about so much though! :D

It also makes deserts worth the effort to find because they are still rather rare. Getting a small amount of sand early on can make a lot of glass recipes easier.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid