[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Something else i noticed: You calculated one process exactly 1 sec when i see the output there, right? But one process is actually 32 ticks = 1,6sec. So the EU/t and some troughput of other machines is incorrect.

Which process did you see this in, will doubble check those numbers today. Fixing steam/hydrogen right now

buncheesy

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! Just started playing after waiting for the update for 1.5 months. Thanks Jason. I am especially happy about the quest book. As much as I am keen on getting to grips with gregtech, the poor amount of documentation means that the process would be otherwise much more painful.

Reactions: Jason McRay

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Steam/hydrogen calculations are now done. Both cases increases the total amount you get but steam case is about 1% higher than running with hydrogen. However with hydrogen you could potentially optimize the production of some other byproducts. However nitro fuel would most likely be lower

I still need to figure out what should be the standard case thought. Im leaning more towards steam as that is better on paper (highest total output of energy) and is much easier to set up.

then you would also be easy to run the cracking unit on a single HV diesel generator running on naphta. That way only the distilleries are run on nitro diesel and you still get pretty decent amount of the different byproducts. This would also work for light oil (but not heavy) without having to change anything

Last edited:
H

Herrminator1994

Are Railcraft turbines just uncraftable, or will they be gone completely?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Steam/hydrogen calculations are now done. Both cases increases the total amount you get but steam case is about 1% higher than running with hydrogen. However with hydrogen you could potentially optimize the production of nitro diesel more by running the extra electrolyzer on naphta as well as a increased yield of lubricant and toluene. The total energy would still be lower but the amount of nitro diesel, lubricant and toluene you produced would be higher

I still need to figure out what should be the standard case thought. Im leaning more towards steam as that is better on paper (highest total output of energy) and is much easier to set up.
However Im pretty set on running with hydrogen power by naphta as it can optimize the nitro diesel which is what i care about really. However then i also need to run the cracker on something else than nitro fuel.

Think im gonna make an optimist system for oil and use byproducts to run everything but distilleries with hydrogen. I'le come back if i manage.

Is there any of the different byproducts that you need a lot of, thinking specifically of LPG and naphta? maybe its a bad idea to use it for fuel if im gonna need it for something else
LPG you will need for Polytetrafluoroethylene (for EV machines). Naphta used for Polyethylene (LV/MV Stuff)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What is the suggested way to convert EU to RF? I found many of EU to RF converting machines disabled.
Maybe producing steam with fluid heater then feed it to railcraft engine? This way has a 1EU to 2RF conversion rate.
You can also convert your power back and forth using PneumaticCraft's compressed air if you want to although its not pretty for large amounts of power, such as from, say, a Big Reactor.

Thanks for the info. I tried to connect GT cable to an Ender IO capacitor bank, which gives about 3.2RF per 1EU.
That would make life a lot easier.
Optimal conversion rate is 4RF:1EU, I wonder if the GT power-loss per block is happening here.

Fully removed
Thank god, I used to abuse the hell outta these. I wouldn't even make GT Turbines, just hoard up more steel and skip straight to RC turbines cuz they're so beefy.

Saryy

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to check out the quests (on pre-existing world), but I'm not familiar with HQM. When I first started after update i got ''This server doesn't have Hardcore Questing Mode enabled.'' message so I typed ''/hqm enable''. It gave me the book, which is good but it also said ''You currently have 3 live(s) left.'' Is this the gamemode, where after 3 deaths the world gets deleted? And if so, can it be disabled (but without turn off the quests)?

Optimal conversion rate is 4RF:1EU, I wonder if the GT power-loss per block is happening here.

It's 3,6:1 according to the GT config file.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to check out the quests (on pre-existing world), but I'm not familiar with HQM. When I first started after update i got ''This server doesn't have Hardcore Questing Mode enabled.'' message so I typed ''/hqm enable''. It gave me the book, which is good but it also said ''You currently have 3 live(s) left.'' Is this the gamemode, where after 3 deaths the world gets deleted? And if so, can it be disabled (but without turn off the quests)?
if you did only /hqm enable, it should be fine. Do not look on the lives. But to be sure, maybe test that out (backup your world, kill yourself 3times and you will see) :D

Saryy

Jul 29, 2019
if you did only /hqm enable, it should be fine. Do not look on the lives. But to be sure, maybe test that out (backup your world, kill yourself 3times and you will see) :D
''You are out of lives. Game over.'' for a few seconds and then Minecraft shut down completely. The world was gone when I restarted. I'll just cheat myself a hundred lives to workaround it for now.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
''You are out of lives. Game over.'' for a few seconds and then Minecraft shut down completely. The world was gone when I restarted. I'll just cheat myself a hundred lives to workaround it for now.
maybe do /hqm quest. ok Actually its enabled, the message is about the HC mode (with lives). You should be able to normally craft the book and do questing without any commands

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Jason
Since you've added my google document it to the front page: Do you want me to add something more? Doesn't necesarily have to relate to the current ones in it. Plenty of other energy systems in low and high tech i could simulate as well

For some strange reason i find stuff like this funny :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Astrik
A

Astrik

I already have a pre-existing world. But can I start the quest line from HQM? And how? /hqm quest?

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
What's the easiest way to generate lubricant and solid fuels? Want to set up a good system for advanced miners, but the solution was a pyrolyse oven and distill the creosote into lubricant which felt like a huge and clunky setup and laggy including the tree farm, likewise the coke ovens are also a bit clunky.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What's the easiest way to generate lubricant and solid fuels? Want to set up a good system for advanced miners, but the solution was a pyrolyse oven and distill the creosote into lubricant which felt like a huge and clunky setup and laggy including the tree farm, likewise the coke ovens are also a bit clunky.
A look through NEI indicates seed oil as a valid alternative, you'll want peanuts probably, short of custom bred super Forestry trees anyway. Peanuts are a normal ground crop with PHC and give 60mB of seed oil, takes 20s to process each one though, as each averages at slightly more than 3 peanuts per harvest you should easily get enough lubricant for basically anything. Each peanut produces enough seed oil for 15B of drilling fluid.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
A look through NEI indicates seed oil as a valid alternative, you'll want peanuts probably, short of custom bred super Forestry trees anyway. Peanuts are a normal ground crop with PHC and give 60mB of seed oil, takes 20s to process each one though, as each averages at slightly more than 3 peanuts per harvest you should easily get enough lubricant for basically anything. Each peanut produces enough seed oil for 15B of drilling fluid.
Thanks, I'll look into that. Although I still need some fuel for my trains. Power isn't a problem, though I still in some way gotta create fuel for them and it seems difficult without a large tree farm of some sort.