[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the best method of improving inventory space, im currently using two bags from forestry. Anything else you can use that is better? with my new mining tools i run out of space in no time

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the best method of improving inventory space, im currently using two bags from forestry. Anything else you can use that is better? with my new mining tools i run out of space in no time
Also dont forget to carry around dev/null item for cobblestone :)

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I like to keep it, Maybe ile make bedrockium of it in the future :) What i should do really is to make a cobble gen. What options do i have for making that in the modpack?
Alternatively i could just make a nice barrel i carry arround for cobble when i go mining. Then just carry it back with a dolly once im done. Should easily fit a few hundred stacks of cobble at little expense

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Also dont forget to carry around dev/null item for cobblestone :)
btw, when I have digger's backpack in any mode but that restricted, and dev/null with cobble, cobble still fills up diggers bag before going into null. Is that a bug or is it expected behaviour?

I like to keep it, Maybe ile make bedrockium of it in the future :)
cobble generator (not remembering the name of machine from GT, I think rock breaker or something) works better.

Edit: Anyone's tested Realistic WorldGen with the pack? When I played GT + RWG last time, it worked almost perfectly, except for crappy clay generation. Can I just drop it in mods when I'll start over again?

A

Astrik

Do you know any possibility to produce an enormous amount of dirt without digging?

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Do you know any possibility to produce an enormous amount of dirt without digging?
define enormous.
also ender quarry, and advanced miner after that. This is not "no digging" method, but it generates some chunks of dirt, and you can non-manually dig it up later.

A

Astrik

define enormous.
also ender quarry, and advanced miner after that. This is not "no digging" method, but it generates some chunks of dirt, and you can non-manually dig it up later.
Eh, ok. Waiting for advanced miner and ender quarry. I'm at Lv era

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
btw, when I have digger's backpack in any mode but that restricted, and dev/null with cobble, cobble still fills up diggers bag before going into null. Is that a bug or is it expected behaviour?

I don't think it can be considered as a bug. Forestry just catches the item sooner than openblocks dev/null. If you want you can ask OpenBlocks dev team, but for me personaly, I don't care :p

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Some generall chunkloading questions. If you want a oil train to run away from chunk loading distances how do you get around this the easiest way. For instance is it possible to connect several tank carts and have one chunk loading cart in one train that can run between the oil rig and keep everthing loaded.

Or in simpler terms, how do i make a nice efficient oil train go decent distances to gather oil (say 20-30 chunks) and how do i chunkload them the best way?

Reactions: Pyure

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I totally have time before 3.2 comes out to fill this up right?
vrgMd31.png

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. I've got a few hours in which I must NOT sleep.. So I grabbed 3.2 from Github, threw there http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...istic-terrain-generation-rtg-realistic-biomes and am testing it (e.g.: I try to find the ores that should gen, I look around for clay deposits, I poke around with climate and bees..) and it seems fine.
For anyone who loves realistic terain, this mod is great. Unfortunately, this is considered "Beta under heavy deveopment with no promises on backwards compat" by the authors... So no chance currently for it to be on by-default :(. It doesn't alter default terrain gen, btw, and one needs to choose "Realistic" as terrain generator in new world options.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Some generall chunkloading questions. If you want a oil train to run away from chunk loading distances how do you get around this the easiest way. For instance is it possible to connect several tank carts and have one chunk loading cart in one train that can run between the oil rig and keep everthing loaded.

Or in simpler terms, how do i make a nice efficient oil train go decent distances to gather oil (say 20-30 chunks) and how do i chunkload them the best way?
Either as you said use Anchor Cart connected to the train (laggy solution) or load the whole line with Anchor + Sentinel combo (more chunks loaded, but will not derp and constantly load/unload chunks the train is traveling through.

For 30 chunks you will need 2 Sentinels and 4 Anchors. Connect to your train also a chest cart with Ender Pearls to fuel the Anchors. Having Ender Pearl farm is going to be also good idea to have for this

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. I've got a few hours in which I must NOT sleep.. So I grabbed 3.2 from Github, threw there http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...istic-terrain-generation-rtg-realistic-biomes and am testing it (e.g.: I try to find the ores that should gen, I look around for clay deposits, I poke around with climate and bees..) and it seems fine.
For anyone who loves realistic terain, this mod is great. Unfortunately, this is considered "Beta under heavy deveopment with no promises on backwards compat" by the authors... So no chance currently for it to be on by-default :(. It doesn't alter default terrain gen, btw, and one needs to choose "Realistic" as terrain generator in new world options.
Think rtg looks great, not sure if it matters that gt ore generation caps out around y:130 when some of the mountainous desert peaks are in the 170 range and the mesas can push north of y:220. Lots of clay.