[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I could finally spin glowstone getting into the MV tier though it looks like you can skip a lot of MV which is nice. Need the Centrifuge and Electro for the dusts but it look like you only need the Assembler, Forming press and the Laser engraver so you can pump out the Advanced Circuits. Is this correct? Can skip most of MV like this?

Yes that is true, but my advice is to also get an extruder in the MV tier. Saves on a lot of material when making gears, rods, bolts, rings, casings etc etc.

From my experience redstone ore is not that uncommon and you will need it soon as it is one of the only good sources of chrome and ruby dust which is needed for the more advanced circuits. Chrome is needed in huge quantaties to improve the blast furnaces which you can get in decent quantaties from ruby ore as a byproduct when you have the HV macerator and a centrifuge of any voltage tier. So if i where you i would go out mining and hope for the best. If you can make the industrialcraft scanner i would cause it makes it a lot easier to find ores when you do branch type mining to look for veins.

H

Herrminator1994

Y
Several more questions from the modpack newbie.

When I played packs with Thermal Expansion, I had these lovely little portable containers (forget the exact name now, it's been a while) that I could set down by a water source, or a lava source, fill it up with a bucket, then carry it back to wherever I needed. Is there anything like this in this pack?

Finally have a nice bronze age set up going, trying to grind out those forsaken bronze plates as fast as possible. The survival guide didn't really get to tips for going past bronze age, other than steel, what should I be looking to make as my first electrical machines? What kinds of power sources are available once you hit the early electric age?

Edit:
Also, i'm used to packs with tinker's constructs. I loved the variety of tools and weapons you could make. Is there anything similar to that in this pack? The base iron tools I've been making just don't cut it.
You have to get to MV, but once you do the Advanced Diamond Drill is pretty spectacular. It mines in a 3 by 3, mines shovel and pickaxe blocks both, and when enchanted with Efficiency just absolutely shreds through stone. It's quite acceptably fast through granite as well.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Y

You have to get to MV, but once you do the Advanced Diamond Drill is pretty spectacular. It mines in a 3 by 3, mines shovel and pickaxe blocks both, and when enchanted with Efficiency just absolutely shreds through stone. It's quite acceptably fast through granite as well.
You just have to tolerate the inevitable ghost blocks ;)

d4m1ty

Jul 29, 2019
Yes that is true, but my advice is to also get an extruder in the MV tier. Saves on a lot of material when making gears, rods, bolts, rings, casings etc etc.

From my experience redstone ore is not that uncommon and you will need it soon as it is one of the only good sources of chrome and ruby dust which is needed for the more advanced circuits. Chrome is needed in huge quantaties to improve the blast furnaces which you can get in decent quantaties from ruby ore as a byproduct when you have the HV macerator and a centrifuge of any voltage tier. So if i where you i would go out mining and hope for the best. If you can make the industrialcraft scanner i would cause it makes it a lot easier to find ores when you do branch type mining to look for veins.

Good idea, didn't think about the Extruder. I don't know what it is, but I cannot find redstone. I've found nearly every other ore and I probably have well over 100 points marked on my normal and nether maps for ores and not one redstone. What will happen is when I have 64 stacks spun from glow stone I will find 3 redstone veins.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Good idea, didn't think about the Extruder. I don't know what it is, but I cannot find redstone. I've found nearly every other ore and I probably have well over 100 points marked on my normal and nether maps for ores and not one redstone. What will happen is when I have 64 stacks spun from glow stone I will find 3 redstone veins.
Bad luck indeed. Redstone isn't common but its not the most rare either. Are you able to make a laser drill yet, or something that chews through stone incredibly fast? (An enchanted pick of destruction is nice if we can still make those). Go to the redstone level and just run forward in a line until you find redstone.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
a) EnderIO Reservoir: 8 fuzed glass x 2 (4 reservoir blocks), infinite source, this requires you to get to nether and have a macerator first however
b) Raintank from Forestry + tank from Railscraft
c) There was some low-tech Railcraft water collector thingy, no idea how's that called

have no idea how's the infinite water config is altered.
Thaumcraft Thirsty Tank is another excellent option. If you're good with magic stuff you can do this prior to getting a macerator and going to the nether, I believe.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason why the oil drilling rig sometimes explode in 3.2? I have a rig away from my base which delivers oil by train. When I went there it had blown up. It is all within one chunk, has a good power supply, no maintenance and a drum acting as a buffer. Just cannot figure out why it explodes. And it is within a chunk that has 520 mb raw oil.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
How can I pump liquid (steam) out of a tank and into gregtech pipes using bronze age technology? Every pump I know of requires a higher tech level than what I currently have available.
Unless something has changed that I don't know about, you can build the LV pump while still in the bronze age. Granted it is more expensive than building the pump in the LV age, but you can still do it. Then simply attach the pump to a pipe as a cover (pump covers do not need power at all), right click it with a screwdriver to set it to input mode, and place your tank adjacent to the pump cover. This should work for any tank that does not auto-eject fluids to GT pipes.

A

ArchAngelThomas

What's the best way to get coal for steel production?

So obviously you mine it, but once you have it, is there anything you can do to increase the yield?

For example, right now I have to smelt coal ore to get 1 coal, and put that into my bronze furnances to make steel. Or burn wood into charcoal, because the furnances only take coal, or charcoal. They do not take crushed coal ore, impure pile of coal dust, or coal dust.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019

So obviously you mine it, but once you have it, is there anything you can do to increase the yield?

For example, right now I have to smelt coal ore to get 1 coal, and put that into my bronze furnances to make steel. Or burn wood into charcoal, because the furnances only take coal, or charcoal. They do not take crushed coal ore, impure pile of coal dust, or coal dust.
I run I think 40 coke ovens (nice tower from bedrock to surface), that produce charcoal and creosote. This is little bit an overkill - I get about half a stack of additional charcoal per hour. For wood, I have a big supply of fir (I think about 270 stacks) in barrel. That was collected by 1 thaumcraft chopper through the course of bronze age and is veeeery slowly decreasing

I've used to burn both of them in the first place, now they feed my railcraft bliler with charcoal and just dump creosote into tank. One can use creosote for lubricate, which is useful, so that's an added value.

To get through bronze age, however, I've used I think 1 or 2 coke ovens.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

Are you in 3.1.23? If you're in that version of the modpack, you should be able to use a SAG mill to triple coal refining from coal ore with some byproducts. If you're testing a newer version Jason is building, then I don't know, sorry.

That will require a few MV era items from GregTech but I think you already knew that. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

A

ArchAngelThomas

I did not know that will require some MV era items. I know very little about gregtech, and i'm looking for good ways to maximize my coal BEFORE I get out of the bronze age. I just started cranking out steel with 3 bronze blast furnaces.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I did not know that will require some MV era items. I know very little about gregtech, and i'm looking for good ways to maximize my coal BEFORE I get out of the bronze age. I just started cranking out steel with 3 bronze blast furnaces.
Tbh I always was too lazy to get steel through gt. Coke ovens are your best bet anyways

A

ArchAngelThomas

Whoa, wait a minute.

You can get steel without using the bronze blast furnaces? I looked up the railcraft ones in NEI, but it seems they were disabled. How else do you make steel in this pack early on without the bronze blast furnace?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa, wait a minute.

You can get steel without using the bronze blast furnaces? I looked up the railcraft ones in NEI, but it seems they were disabled. How else do you make steel in this pack early on without the bronze blast furnace?
Thaumcraft, you can use alchemy to turn an iron nugget and one ordo essentia into a steel nugget. After 3.2 rolls round that turns into a wrought iron nugget instead of normal iron but you can still make steel.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft transmutation. Also I love witching gadgets, which is not in the pack, which gives magical blast furnace.Which is pretty high in thaum tech tree, but still it's achievable in couple of days playing.