[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

A

ArchAngelThomas

Oh. I know nothing about Thaumcraft. I never got into it because I found the research and scanning mechanics far too tedious.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft transmutation. Also I love witching gadgets, which is not in the pack, which gives magical blast furnace.Which is pretty high in thaum tech tree, but still it's achievable in couple of days playing.
You might be pleased to hear then that in 3.2 Witching Gadgets is added, although the infernal blast furnace is disabled just as it's a magical version of the railcraft blast furnace which is also disabled. The rest of the mod should be unscathed though, well transmutations/clusters are disabled but we add a huge amount via other methods so they're disabled because of being obsolete. The primordial gear, biome changer, thaumonomicon search function, essentia sucker, and all are still in though, just the blast furnace that got removed really.

Reactions: Mikhail Krutov

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I did not know that will require some MV era items. I know very little about gregtech, and i'm looking for good ways to maximize my coal BEFORE I get out of the bronze age. I just started cranking out steel with 3 bronze blast furnaces.

Note that the solid fueled and liquid fueled fireboxes are available, but the solid fueled one will require abyssal stone, found deep underground under ocean biomes. Most of the fireboxes will require you obtain some steel or other suitable metal somehow. How you go about doing that is up to you, it's possible if you have generate structures turned on, that you'll find steel items you can macerate into steel dust in worldgen chests, they also contain ingots, gems, and lots of other loot, it all depends on how much adventuring you want to do.

You could also get it from mob drops, if you find a spawner and provided they drop armor that can be converted into steel, might be a bit of a waiting game that way, depending on the RNG rolls. Usually, though, the chance of finding the chainmail pieces that convert to steel are pretty low, and you might be building the Bronze Blast Furnace sooner or later, depending on what your loot chest randomness is like for the content. Having a large adventuring streak, I can say it varies enormously! :D

That, and more, is possible in 3.1.23 not sure what 3.2 will bring. ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: Pyure

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Warning, lots of calculations ahead :p

I did some math to compare the efficiency of lava when i run it in my future setup. With a large heat exchanger producing SHS at maximum efficiency it would consume 1,125 bucket of lava every 3 seconds to produce 3150 eu/tick for a wopping 168000 eu/bucket (tungstensteel rotors) . 4 MV centrifuges should be able to keep up with centrifuging the pahoe lava as well (might be lower, havent checked in game) with a net power gain of at least 2600 or so eu/tick. Expensive investment but quite OP still :)

How does the circuits work in the large heat exchanger work when using lava, the example on the wiki is in hot coolant and gives -150 per second per level. Am i correct to assume that the corresponding number for lava is 75? Then i could run a single turbine setup with a configure 11 chip (minimum 1000-(11-1)*75=425 l/s lava) at 434 l/s to produce the SHS needed for optimal efficiency of about 145k eu/bucket of lava. Then i would reach maximum efficiency with 3 turbine setups.

Just a little thought, could you use any of the steam producing blocks to produce distilled water with a large steam turbine? I think it should accept any regular steam and it should output it as distilled water. Started wondering when i realised how slow it is to produce distilled water with a LV distillery :p Just hook up a few steam producers to a large turbine and you should be able to mass produce a decent amount of distilled water quite quickly. This would be crazy convinient if you already have a nice steam setup running. Im assuming the steam production follows the same ratio as the lava boiler which produces 300:1 of steam from water. Then one 30000l/s turbine would produce 100 l of distilled water per second which is roughly 25 times faster than a LV distillery.

Also 2 advanced mining drills, one with disintegrate and one with efficiency 5 and a good lappack is about the most silly thing ive ever seen so far in modded minecraft with the exception of botania terra shatterer. Only issue is finding enough inventory space :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
What new gregtech machines gets added with 3.2?
At the top of my head i can think of the charcoal pit, the oil rig, pyrolyse oven and the new advanced miner

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Dont forget the oil cracker. Also it adds purpose to some machines that werent realy used before, e.g. the printer.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Will that change the way you produce fuel and nitro diesel or is it a separate machine line to produce chemicals and plastics? In essence will it break my nitro diesel production or will things still be working as in 3.1.23?
Feels like i might need to add a lot of machines to get back to my current voltage tier once 3.2 hits by the looks of it
Also will the gregtech oil deposite exist in already explored areas or will i have to venture outside to find the new 96x96 deposites? Will the regular buildcraft oil wells also still spawn?

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking about hardcoreness and Dwarf Fortress..
I wish there was a way (except for hardcore survival mode) to properly lose a game in the pack. :)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
BTW to make steel from.steel.dust you need blast furnace anyways

Really? I have smelted steel dust that you get from a steam macerator into steel using at least a steam furnace. Again, this is in 3.1.23 so if you're using a newer version than that I dunno.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Steel dust should not be smeltable in any furnace ever. Only Blast Furnace.

Also guys... My chair broke, need new one, any recommendations?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Steel dust should not be smeltable in any furnace ever. Only Blast Furnace.

Also guys... My chair broke, need new one, any recommendations?

The only problem I have with that is I need steel right away if I don't find any. If steel dust can be smelted to give steel ingots, I will of course use that. It must be darned near impossible to keep track of every variation of what should be smelted in where, you're doing a fine job so far of keeping the modpack together, and steel is only one of many ingot types you'll need in this modpack anyway.

As for the chair, smelt it down in the blast furnace and have a rolling machine and metal former make you a new one! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
http://amzn.com/B00OCSNMO2
Hyken Technical Mesh Task Chair, rated for those folks who spend 8-15hrs a day in their chair. I have one, it is very comfortable for gaming or writing code for hours

I would want a chair that could soak up a lifetime of sweat as I live in a hot humid unit which makes me sweat very easily. It should preferably be easy to clean with just a vacuum cleaner and sparse application of cleaning agent.

The major problem I have here is that every time I sit down in my current chair, it's full of sweat and I feel it when I press my back into it. Even through a T-shirt.

Anyone got a chair that's for someone who knows zip about how to clean it, and will likely get whatever cleaning agent that's at hand thrown on it? :D

Should be tough and rugged enough to handle someone of 80-90 kgs (approx) on carpet and tiled flooring. The only other requirement is that I would prefer if it's for the Australian market, as that's the country I'm in. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

A

ArchAngelThomas

What chunk loading options do we have in this pack? I'd like my bronze furnaces to keep making steel while I'm out looking for ore veins.