[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
So is there any other good portable liquid transporting item than drums and later bedrockium drums? Especially if im gonna start pumping a lot of lava im gonna need something large but the bedrockium drum is a bit pricey

H

Herrminator1994

You can build a Railcraft liquid transport system that will work across dimensions.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
So is there any other good portable liquid transporting item than drums and later bedrockium drums? Especially if im gonna start pumping a lot of lava im gonna need something large but the bedrockium drum is a bit pricey

For lava I used Dimensional Transceiver sending stuff directly to my base.

Reactions: MigukNamja
A

ArchAngelThomas

What are my options for early game water supply? To my utter dismay infinite water source mechanics have been disabled, and after finally obtaining the necessary materials for a liquid transfer node, I learn that I need some quantum super high tech thingamajig to actually make the thing. What's the best way to keep my steam boilers supplied early game?

If there is none, where do I find the config to turn infinite water source mechanics back on?

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
What are my options for early game water supply? To my utter dismay infinite water source mechanics have been disabled, and after finally obtaining the necessary materials for a liquid transfer node, I learn that I need some quantum super high tech thingamajig to actually make the thing. What's the best way to keep my steam boilers supplied early game?

If there is none, where do I find the config to turn infinite water source mechanics back on?

a) EnderIO Reservoir: 8 fuzed glass x 2 (4 reservoir blocks), infinite source, this requires you to get to nether and have a macerator first however
b) Raintank from Forestry + tank from Railscraft
c) There was some low-tech Railcraft water collector thingy, no idea how's that called

have no idea how's the infinite water config is altered.

H

Herrminator1994

It is painfully slow, however, and iirc it depends on biome. With it more care must be taken not to pour water into heaten boilers.

I ran through the steam and LV age on a single Railcraft tank; they are kinda slow but Gregtech HP coal boilers aren't particularly thirsty in my experience. More significantly, some steam is required for the reservoir.

Last edited:
A

ArchAngelThomas

How can I pump liquid (steam) out of a tank and into gregtech pipes using bronze age technology? Every pump I know of requires a higher tech level than what I currently have available.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How can I pump liquid (steam) out of a tank and into gregtech pipes using bronze age technology? Every pump I know of requires a higher tech level than what I currently have available.
A popular choice is to use the Railcraft tanks. Those will output liquids (steam) from the bottom face when they're provided a redstone signal.

Yurdord

Jul 29, 2019
Are there no infernal hives in the pack? I need to get infernal bees to breed some new bees; is there another way to get them? I know I can't breed into them.

H

Herrminator1994

Does anyone know if the lag from my treefarm can be reduced? Use, chop, and gather golems, 2X2 fir, lamp of growth causes massive lag spikes.

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Are there no infernal hives in the pack? I need to get infernal bees to breed some new bees; is there another way to get them? I know I can't breed into them.
I've come across them in the nether before, usually unintentionally when I was digging

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
iirc, what you want is to find chunks of vanilla minecraft nether quartz, since this guys are surrounded by vanilla quartz. Just search for non-standard quantities of quartz, and you'll find some.

Reactions: Dlur100

d4m1ty

Jul 29, 2019
Love this modpack and hate this modpack. Wanted a hard challenge. oh boy.. did I get one and am loving it.

I'm well into MV tier but I still have not found a red stone vein yet. Up till this point I was spinning netherack for all my redstone. Every LV machine, small redstone or spun netherack.

I could finally spin glowstone getting into the MV tier though it looks like you can skip a lot of MV which is nice. Need the Centrifuge and Electro for the dusts but it look like you only need the Assembler, Forming press and the Laser engraver so you can pump out the Advanced Circuits. Is this correct? Can skip most of MV like this?

A

ArchAngelThomas

Several more questions from the modpack newbie.

When I played packs with Thermal Expansion, I had these lovely little portable containers (forget the exact name now, it's been a while) that I could set down by a water source, or a lava source, fill it up with a bucket, then carry it back to wherever I needed. Is there anything like this in this pack?

Finally have a nice bronze age set up going, trying to grind out those forsaken bronze plates as fast as possible. The survival guide didn't really get to tips for going past bronze age, other than steel, what should I be looking to make as my first electrical machines? What kinds of power sources are available once you hit the early electric age?

Edit:
Also, i'm used to packs with tinker's constructs. I loved the variety of tools and weapons you could make. Is there anything similar to that in this pack? The base iron tools I've been making just don't cut it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

When I played packs with Thermal Expansion, I had these lovely little portable containers (forget the exact name now, it's been a while) that I could set down by a water source, or a lava source, fill it up with a bucket, then carry it back to wherever I needed. Is there anything like this in this pack?
There are drums, but I'm not sure if you can make them yet. There are also other portable tanks whose names I forget. Try searching portable.

Finally have a nice bronze age set up going, trying to grind out those forsaken bronze plates as fast as possible. The survival guide didn't really get to tips for going past bronze age, other than steel, what should I be looking to make as my first electrical machines? What kinds of power sources are available once you hit the early electric age?
Fossil fuels, liquid fuels, lava gen, steam. Steam is popular.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019

Edit:
Also, i'm used to packs with tinker's constructs. I loved the variety of tools and weapons you could make. Is there anything similar to that in this pack? The base iron tools I've been making just don't cut it.
OpenBlocks has tanks, 8 buckets of liquid. You need obsidian & glass to make 1.
Mentioned earlier drums need a bit of steel to create, but are very handy (pro tip: use thaumcraft transmutations for steel, you can have ordo from candles, wax, candleberries and some more easy-to-get stuff)
As for tools, you have GregTech tools, which are modular. Just search nei for pickaxe, and click the white one.
Tools can be created from almost any material (plastic pickaxe? sure!), can't be enchanted but will have enchants depending on material (thaumium -> luck ii, for example)

For LV, machines that you probably should make first are metal bender, and wire something, don't remember the name. They cut down the price of plates from 2 ingots to 1 ingot, and price of wires from 1 plate to 1/2 ingot. Next one - probably lathe.
For power source, I tend to find a lot of oil really fast, so in my last games I've set up oil -> light fuel production rig in first couple of days into LV. (note: I play --really-- slow, and progression from one age to another usually takes ages). Also, I use steam for a lot of time (railcraft 36unit high pressure boiler can feed quite a lot of LV turbines, as well as at least couple of MV ones as well, however I didn't do the math).

Actually, I have I think 5 separate power systems in my base: dragon egg with thaumcraft LV magic generator, 2 MV diesel turbines feeding into powered spawner, 2 separate steam "rings" for processing ores and chemicals (well oil mostly), plus a small steam one to power my bee centrifuges).
I don't think that transmitting power all over your base is a good idea, also, you should beter transmit power-generating.. thing through your base (steam, fuel, your choice).

As per earlier question regarding pipes, I've been using fluid conduits from ender io for this for most of bronze ages I've played through, as well as LV.

Last edited:

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
You can build a Railcraft liquid transport system that will work across dimensions.

How do you solve chunkloading across large distances? I have 2 or 3 large oil wells not so far away i could use that should last me well into nuclear.

QED is quite a challange to make, Getting it now so i can make an ender pump to gather some serious amounts of lava for my centrifuges. I'm a bit surprised you can use lava in the heat exchanger thought. i could basically run my entire base without nuclear if i wanted with some nether lava rather than going through nuclear while producing large amounts of pahoe lava to produce tungsten(plus copper, tin, silver and gold). All i would need to do is move it every once in a while. Scaling up i would just increase the flow of lava into the exchanger and increase the amount of turbine trains without having to bother with balancing output of reactors vs consumtion of turbines etc.

Still going into nuclear thought because reasons :)

Whats the mining level of dark steel pickaxe? I realized my pickaxe of the core cant mine iridium ore

early game i always make a large railcraft tank and a few lava boilers on top. 4 on those ran my machines well into HV tier. They are insanely efficient and produce about 300k steam per bucket of lava so i just went out with a drum and manually filled it the first times, lasted me forever.
I always go quickly into gasoline/nitro diesel production so i make sure to settle close to a good oil well so i dont have to bother with transporting the oil in the early game. A good pneumaticraft setup works really well to produce gasoline before you can get distillation tower. That way i run my machines on steam and my blast furnaces on oil so i dont need to bother boosting the steam production so much.

I can vouch for creating steel with thaumcraft, however the easiest source of ordo i found in the early game was chiseled stone bricks. Just smelt cobblestone into stone then turn it into chiseled stone bricks with chisel. Since you are out mining anyway you don't have to gather any additional resources

Last edited: