[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok, so I can't really do energy efficient (correct tier) processing in a 4x4?
There must be something you must have missunderstood. Because, using 1 MV energy hatch is more efficient than using 2-4 LV energy hatches. The EBF uses the same energy in both combinations, but supplying LV has more losses than MV.

Last edited:

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
There must be something you must have missunderstood. Because, using 1 MV energy hatch is more efficient than using 2-4 LV energy hatches. The EBF uses the same energy in both combinations, but supplying LV has more losses than MV.
I thought that 128v input flipped the EBF into HV - just checked the wiki, it's 129. I feel dumb, that's so much simpler.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a 5x5x5 going with one of Blackpalt's designs that is good for ~1352Hu/s. These are safe and easy to automate(if you just use stirlings instead of the steam loop), will probably make 5-10 more of them and automate the bunch.

Just working on a good layout for them now, have a gt transformer stuck on each stirling at the moment, thinking maybe I can do a stacked flower with MFSUs in the middle or something.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a 5x5x5 going with one of Blackpalt's designs that is good for ~1352Hu/s. These are safe and easy to automate(if you just use stirlings instead of the steam loop), will probably make 5-10 more of them and automate the bunch.

Just working on a good layout for them now, have a gt transformer stuck on each stirling at the moment, thinking maybe I can do a stacked flower with MFSUs in the middle or something.
How many EU/t does that translate to though using IC2 stirling generators? Wouldn't it be accurate to say that you can get more EU/t out of a 5x5x5 by going with a GT5u LHE into GT turbines (with all the associated downsides of using GT turbines, of course)?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How many EU/t does that translate to though using IC2 stirling generators? Wouldn't it be accurate to say that you can get more EU/t out of a 5x5x5 by going with a GT5u LHE into GT turbines (with all the associated downsides of using GT turbines, of course)?

I don't know how to really measure it. It is 14 Stirlings at 50 eu/t but I don't think they're producing every tick. I suppose I could pull the orbs out of the iv bat buffer and see how long it takes to fill up the MFSU that the stirlings feed. Think I read somewhere that with stirlings you're getting 1 EU per 2 Hu, roughly. So that'd be ~775eu/t? in a 100% safe reactor that is only burning 2 quads per cycle. Seems like a good deal. :p

But yeah, just about any type of steam loop would make it produce more. I didn't know gt5u had an LHE that would work with hot ic2 coolant. Juggling that steam could be painful, most of the examples I've found online people are using stuff like pressure pipes or SFM which are god-tier fluid transfer. So I'd have to figure that out and I'd have to automate the turbine creation/replacement from end to end. Might do that down the road, but not until I've got AE2 making basic machine components on demand.

Just using Stirlings it is supposed to still be quite a bit better than the same amount of fuel run through an ic2 reactor in EU-mode, which is what I was doing. Baby steps.

update: tried scanner, eu-meter, sensor cards, etc., none of them seem to be able to tell me eu/t on any of the various machines/cables.

Question: If I use the IC2 turbines I can get my distilled water back, does the GT5U large turbine return distilled water?

Last edited:

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I know this was mentioned before, but is there any intent to change the energy required to turn biomass -> biogas? 1000mB of biomass, which is trivial to obtain, converts to 32,000mB of biogas that produces 32000 EU/1000mB. That's nuts compared to the energy returned for centrifuging plants into methane.
While I agree that biogas is currently a bit too easy, methane production needs a minimum of one machine, whereas biogas needs a minimum of four. I would much rather see the ratio of biomass->biogas reduced than I would want to see the fuel value of biogas altered.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Question: If I use the IC2 turbines I can get my distilled water back, does the GT5U large turbine return distilled water?
Most importantly does it return IC2 distilled water? (I really hate that IC2 can't use GT distilled water, or regular steam for that matter)

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Don't share energy hatches. A 2x2 EBF has each 4 blocks in the lowest level that are not shared. These must be used by Controller, Maintainance and Energy hatch. You should only share input and output hatches/busses. So when shareing walls of EBFs, you must use single energy hatches per EBF, not multiple LV hatches.
Strange I had no problem with my 2 ebf sharing a EV energy hatch.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
The calculation for needed energy of mk3 fusion was broken for quite some time. No one noticed for months it seems... Fixed it a few days ago, but IT2 did not yet update the the newest GT version.

https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/316

Maybe noone noticed because noone was so crazy to build mk3 fusion in proper survival (except me and Dlur :D. And I didn't bother to make neutronium). However my SUSTAINED mk3 reaction (which I wanted to make a video about) was working fine a month or 2 ago.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Strange I had no problem with my 2 ebf sharing a EV energy hatch.
It works, but the energy hatch only accepts 2 amp and each EBF uses allmost one full amp. So a little bit too high loss or any other little misssupply can make it run out of energy. For me that is too borderline to use it myself.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some sort of internal buffer inside a GT battery buffer? I've got an MFSU > Extreme transformer(inverted) > 16-slot IV battery buffer. If the system is off(no power coming into the MFSU) and I stick an energy orb in the battery buffer after setting it up the orb loses some of its energy. Where is it going? Then when I turn it on it takes a minute or two before the orbs start charging.

Anyway, here is what the reactor looks like now. I'll do 4 of these per layer, 2-4 layers, run the power up the center to the machine room. All of it in one chunk. Looking at it now if I push the reactors to the edge I can pull the stack down beside each reactor, greatly compressing the build.

gqKec4q.jpg
s3jgdn5.jpg

d6XZYmC.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dlur100

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some sort of internal buffer inside a GT battery buffer? I've got an MFSU > Extreme transformer(inverted) > 16-slot IV battery buffer. If the system is off(no power coming into the MFSU) and I stick an energy orb in the battery buffer after setting it up the orb loses some of its energy. Where is it going? Then when I turn it on it takes a minute or two before the orbs start charging.

Anyway, here is what the reactor looks like now. I'll do 4 of these per layer, 2-4 layers, run the power up the center to the machine room. All of it in one chunk. Looking at it now if I push the reactors to the edge I can pull the stack down beside each reactor, greatly compressing the build.

gqKec4q.jpg
s3jgdn5.jpg

d6XZYmC.jpg
Yes. Battery Buffers has an internal buffer which is first filled and then the batteries are filled. That internal storage is equal to the Battery Buffer's Voltage, multiplied by the number of Battery slots it contains, multiplied by 64.

So for your IV buffer it is: 8192 (IV) * 16 (slots) * 64 = 8,388,608 EU

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a tool to measure energy flow through GT wires? I'm 90% sure my reactors are putting out too much power (they aren't throttled, despite EU mode).

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a tool to measure energy flow through GT wires? I'm 90% sure my reactors are putting out too much power (they aren't throttled, despite EU mode).
No, there is nothing to measure energy flow. So your only way for that is to stop the time and energy stored at start/end.

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal that I can treble ores like (chalco)pyrite, cassiterite and other in the QED only with a coal?
I think it is unballanced and I am not using the QED but the temptation is great...
Hmm, maybe use the coal block instead the coal in QED's recipes? But only with common primary ores (copper tin iron etc, not rare like iridium).

Mister Maximus

Jul 29, 2019
To the person who suggested I use the backupped worlds, thank you. It worked, and I'm working on my blast furnace now.

I have another problem: I right-clicked my coal boiler with a bronze plate, and I wasted it, I can't get it back, and I also can't right click the coal boiler thru the bronze plate. How to fix this?! Thanks!

2015-12-12_19.10.04.png

JoeVengence

Jul 29, 2019
To the person who suggested I use the backupped worlds, thank you. It worked, and I'm working on my blast furnace now.

I have another problem: I right-clicked my coal boiler with a bronze plate, and I wasted it, I can't get it back, and I also can't right click the coal boiler thru the bronze plate. How to fix this?! Thanks!

View attachment 25005

use crow bar (right click)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe noone noticed because noone was so crazy to build mk3 fusion in proper survival (except me and Dlur :D. And I didn't bother to make neutronium). However my SUSTAINED mk3 reaction (which I wanted to make a video about) was working fine a month or 2 ago.
Takes a lot of work/time to get to mk3. I haven't even bothered generating power from fusion though yet. I've just been pushing through the tiers. I want to get enough Neutronium to make an ultimate batter and then do sustained mk3 fusion and start my 27,000 year ticker.