[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I right-clicked my coal boiler with a bronze plate, and I wasted it, I can't get it back, and I also can't right click the coal boiler thru the bronze plate.
Save the crowbar you use to get it off. Once you start making etched wiring you'll be accidentally sticking gold plates to the front of your bending machine every other day.

Speaking of gold I have the first layer of a reactor stack about half done. Had to pull the Forestry farm out of mothballs and set it up for rubber, those heat exchangers take over a stack each I think. Have the MFSUs set to emit if empty/partially empty to control each reactor for now. Still have to do some ender io/ae2 for rod insertion/removal. Think I might do an entirely separate ae2/gt processing line to refine radioactives/create fuel rods. Killed myself a few times pulling the wrong dust out of ae2, hahahaha.

eZcC9Vv.jpg

CGGUXol.jpg

One annoyance I've found is that ic2-exp spams console messages if you use ender io painter to make conduit facade that looks like basic machine casing or reactor pressure vessel, both of which I was doing to hide fluid/redstone conduit. Ended up having to remove the facades.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody using AE2 Spatial IO?

I was thinking it might be easier to put a BR reactor/turbine combo into a spatial IO cell and deploy where needed instead of tearing it down/rebuilding it every time I wanted it somewhere else. Was also thinking it would be good for a galacticraft outpost so I could just have one that I move from place to place. Was also thinking I could use it to bring entire asteroids back to the overworld for processing---although I think the way gt does ores(tile entities?) would require them to be whitelisted in some way.

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody using AE2 Spatial IO?
Yes, in the test world. Spatial IO is friendly to vanilla (and chiseled) blocks but to processing machines not always.
Sometimes Spatial IO not write a block, just ignore it (e.g. the Railcraft's multiblock tank). Sometimes it write blocks but after deploing something bad come out (for example the black block with ".name" tooltip).
Testing, testing and another testing.
Oh, you can to reposition vanilla spawners through Spatial IO :)

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody can help me with math of Large HP Steam Turbine? I want to know exactly how many EU "contains" in millibucket of HP steam. In this article described common steam (its fuel value is 0.5 EU/mb).

I have some calculations.
HP Steam optimal flow is just like for Large Steam Turbine, right? I saw that in GT Unofficial's source code, their optimal flows are equal.
But energy output is twice. As a consequence fuel value of HP steam is 1 EU/mb. Is it right?

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of attaching things to machines I accidentally attached a lens from the precision engraver to a machine a couple times ... Couldn't find any documentation on whether that does anything .. anyone know if it has any effect?

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
it has any effect?
I did not find any functional about lenses. The class that implements lenses as cover is empty almost. So, I think that answer is "No, it hasn't any effects".
Maybe add a suggestion in GT's github about lenses cover? Let it glow :D

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is the most iron I have ever spent on a single project, ~22k ingots.
tK8sgK4.jpg

After the stacks and the 64 LV turbines you had to know this was coming eventually.

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
So stupid... I thought that GT's transformers admit EU only from IC2's transformers. And my setup is.. was such:
MaxGDuq.png
Anyway I'm in the process of the construction of liquid reactors + the large heat exchanger + 2 large steam turbine (HP and normal):
TM9HUrY.png
Wish good luck, hah.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to generate power from plasma? Which turbine do I need to build, what rotor and how do I calculate flow rates?

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
Which turbine do I need to build, what rotor and how do I calculate flow rates?
How about NEI and Wiki?
You need to build Large Plasma Generator (all is fine it's the turbine) or less efficient Plasma Generator (Mk I/II/III).
The math in this case not difficult but English is difficult, hah. I will try to explain.
So, you can take any type of the rotor for your plasma turbine (small/normal/large/huge). A tungstensteel large rotor is most efficient.. I think. In the tooltip of the rotor you can see three numbers and the first is the target.
Although all of this numbers are calculated from two parameters of material. Nevermind.

Example for Large Tungstensteel Rotor and Helium Plasma.
1) Numbers:
Nominal Flow (NF) of plasma for the rotor is 30k EU/tick.
Multiplier of output energy (MOE) is 140%.
Fuel Value (FV) for plasma is 4096 EU/mb (default).
2) Optimal Flow (OF):
OF = roundUp(NF/FV) = roundUp(30000/4096) = roundUp(7.32...) = 8 mb/tick
Note: OF is an integer not a float and it is measured in millibuckets per tick.
3) Energy Output (EO) (for determination the tier of Dynamo Hatch):
EO = OF * FV * MOE = 8 * 4096 * 1.4 = 458575.2 EU/tick => It is ZPM tier.

PS: this math was checked in the test world by Sapient (not ad :D).
PPS: please do not kill me for language if something wrong, hah.

Reactions: Aiwendil

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
How about NEI and Wiki?
You need to build Large Plasma Generator (all is fine it's the turbine) or less efficient Plasma Generator (Mk I/II/III).
The math in this case not difficult but English is difficult, hah. I will try to explain.
So, you can take any type of the rotor for your plasma turbine (small/normal/large/huge). A tungstensteel large rotor is most efficient.. I think. In the tooltip of the rotor you can see three numbers and the first is the target.
Although all of this numbers are calculated from two parameters of material. Nevermind.

Example for Large Tungstensteel Rotor and Helium Plasma.
1) Numbers:
Nominal Flow (NF) of plasma for the rotor is 30k EU/tick.
Multiplier of output energy (MOE) is 140%.
Fuel Value (FV) for plasma is 4096 EU/mb (default).
2) Optimal Flow (OF):
OF = roundUp(NF/FV) = roundUp(30000/4096) = roundUp(7.32...) = 8 mb/tick
Note: OF is an integer not a float and it is measured in millibuckets per tick.
3) Energy Output (EO) (for determination the tier of Dynamo Hatch):
EO = OF * FV * MOE = 8 * 4096 * 1.4 = 458575.2 EU/tick => It is ZPM tier.

PS: this math was checked in the test world by Sapient (not ad :D).
PPS: please do not kill me for language if something wrong, hah.

Fantastic, thanks. I'll be able to give this a try once I can actually log back in. I just logged out, and now (like yesterday evening) I'm getting "authentication servers are down" messages when attempting to log in.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, another fusion problem. Can anyone say why I can't sustain Europium fusion?

I have a Mk 1 Fusion setup which can sustain helium plasma production. I have 16 LuV energy hatches. There are 4 of the LuV hatches connected to a 16x IV battery buffer via an 8x platinum cable (16 A IV). This should be able to supply at least 4A of IV right? That would be 32k EU/t, which is more than the 24k EU/t the recipe requires isn't it? All the LuV energy hatches are rotated so that they appear to connect to the platinum cables, so presumably they are all connected to the cable.

When I start the reaction with all buffers full it manages to get ~10 cycles (160mb of Europium) produced, then runs out of energy, which is about what I would expect if it was only drawing somewhere between 0 and 1 A of IV while running.

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
This should be able to supply at least 4A of IV right?
SteelGiant, the fusion is... compound structure.
When you over the cursor on the fusion control computer you can see that each LuV energy hatch can take only 2k EU/tick. For Mk II is 4k. For Mk III is 8k.
Make some calc: 24576/2048 = 12. You need to connect 12 energy hatches to your cable system. Or all :)

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 nuclear control info panels on my server aren't updating. They'll just freeze and say the reactor in on and producing ~600eu/t but the reactor could be off. If and only if I take the card out does it update. Am I doing something wrong?

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 nuclear control info panels on my server aren't updating. They'll just freeze and say the reactor in on and producing ~600eu/t but the reactor could be off. If and only if I take the card out does it update. Am I doing something wrong?

I have a similar issue where my info panel occasionally goes blank until I remove it and replace it (TAKE THE CARD OUT FIRST ><)

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
I have a similar issue where my info panel occasionally goes blank until I remove it and replace it (TAKE THE CARD OUT FIRST ><)
I found the reason. Looks like the server derped on some chunks. Some railcraft tanks were loaded properly and some were unformed. All I had to do was leave the base and come back to reload everything.