[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, where's the fun in that? Also I don't think there's that much iron in the whole world... 22k is just rediculous.

The fun is being able to not worry about power gen for a month while I switch focus to AE2 and a base overhaul. AE2 autocrafting would make some of these large builds go a lot smoother. Making 16 iridium neutron reflectors by hand was a pain in the ass that would have been trivial with AE2 autocrafting. :p I'd also recommend getting that autocrafting going before galacticraft for anybody preparing to head into space.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
The fun is being able to not worry about power gen for a month while I switch focus to AE2 and a base overhaul. AE2 autocrafting would make some of these large builds go a lot smoother. Making 16 iridium neutron reflectors by hand was a pain in the ass that would have been trivial with AE2 autocrafting. :p I'd also recommend getting that autocrafting going before galacticraft for anybody preparing to head into space.
Yea.. It always makes me grin when I see certain youtubers complaining about hard/lots of crafting steps when all they could do is spend few minutes setting the autocrafting and have the parts done with just one click :D

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody using AE2 Spatial IO?

I was thinking it might be easier to put a BR reactor/turbine combo into a spatial IO cell and deploy where needed instead of tearing it down/rebuilding it every time I wanted it somewhere else. Was also thinking it would be good for a galacticraft outpost so I could just have one that I move from place to place. Was also thinking I could use it to bring entire asteroids back to the overworld for processing---although I think the way gt does ores(tile entities?) would require them to be whitelisted in some way.
I used it once to build a teleporter to the moon.

Btw the spatial io use lots of energy and it doesnt care if it only got "air blocks" inside so moving asteroids would probably be very very expensive.
It is using a whitelist so any mod that wasn't added cannot be moved but I dont know about big reactors.

Reactions: Timeslice

JoeVengence

Jul 29, 2019
Yea.. It always makes me grin when I see certain youtubers complaining about hard/lots of crafting steps when all they could do is spend few minutes setting the autocrafting and have the parts done with just one click :D

to much auto-crafting and you lose a little in gameplay as well. But I agree some redundant crafts should be auto-crafted.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Not going to be too much autocrafting when I have to make a GT assembler for each molecular assembler. No wonder I've been putting it off. Whenever I have to make a GT assembling machine I almost always find something else to do.

I hope ae2 is smart enough to make a gt assembler if I wrap all the recipes around a single molecular assembler with ME interfaces. :p

jmoR5mU.jpg

I feel like there should be fireworks.

Last edited:

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I hate about gregtech is the number of steps needed for each craft. I cannot play the mod without AE autocrafting. Once you have it set up, it's wonderful. Every recipe I use, including almost all machine recipes and ore processing are all through AE2 autocrafting or import/export buses.

Any reason my amplifabricators wouldn't work in a processing array? I tested it with 8 Universal macerators, it worked, then I switched the machines to 6 LV amplifabricators, put in a stack of scrap...and nothing. The array does have an output hatch for the fluid (LV, should be plenty for the 6mb it makes each time)

Last edited:

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I hate about gregtech is the number of steps needed for each craft. I cannot play the mod without AE autocrafting. Once you have it set up, it's wonderful. Every recipe I use, including almost all machine recipes and ore processing are all through AE2 autocrafting or import/export buses.

Any reason my amplifabricators wouldn't work in a processing array? I tested it with 8 Universal macerators, it worked, then I switched the machines to 6 LV amplifabricators, put in a stack of scrap...and nothing. The array does have an output hatch for the fluid (LV, should be plenty for the 6mb it makes each time)

I'll go one step further and ask how you got scrap. I made 16 gregtech recyclers and tried pumping various items in, but got no scrap from any of them. They weren't in a processing array when I tried.

I tried amplifabricators in a processing array (without scrap), and didn't get any production at all. Didn't look like the array was working either.

Impiryo

Jul 29, 2019
Best I can tell, amplifabricator and mass fabricator don't work in a processing array. Shame.

Non-cheaty - most full dusts seem to work, I started dumping my sulfur dust. Cheaty - at least in my version, stone path from MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod works...

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Best I can tell, amplifabricator and mass fabricator don't work in a processing array. Shame.

Non-cheaty - most full dusts seem to work, I started dumping my sulfur dust. Cheaty - at least in my version, stone path from MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod works...

Aha! Thanks so much, I must have just been pumping in the wrong things, my 131,000 sulfur dust backlog can have a purpose at last!

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I'll go one step further and ask how you got scrap. I made 16 gregtech recyclers and tried pumping various items in, but got no scrap from any of them. They weren't in a processing array when I tried.

I tried amplifabricators in a processing array (without scrap), and didn't get any production at all. Didn't look like the array was working either.

IC2 blacklists the following items from being recycled: minecraft:glass_pane, minecraft:stick, minecraft:snowball, minecraft:snow_layer, minecraft:snow, IC2:blockScaffold. Additionally gregtech blacklists certain items such as cobblestone, and small and tiny dusts. If an enderIO pipe can't pipe the item into the recycler then it won't give you scrap for recycling it. You can however manually put anything into a recycler, whether it can give scrap or not.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
I sometimes look at my info panel to keep an eye on my reactor. I really wish it had that fancy heat bar it used to have in 1.6. Aside from that it seems I'm having weird chunk issues. It started happening yesterday when I got my reactor going. The chunk(s) will break the wireless redstone signal, info panel, and my railcraft tanks become deformed. If I leave the chunk to unload it and come back everything is fine.

Does anyone else experience this? I play on a private server with a friend.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I sometimes look at my info panel to keep an eye on my reactor. I really wish it had that fancy heat bar it used to have in 1.6. Aside from that it seems I'm having weird chunk issues. It started happening yesterday when I got my reactor going. The chunk(s) will break the wireless redstone signal, info panel, and my railcraft tanks become deformed. If I leave the chunk to unload it and come back everything is fine.

Does anyone else experience this? I play on a private server with a friend.
I got few reports about this... Are you using any chunkloading in your base?

Techlone

Jul 29, 2019
Additionally gregtech blacklists certain items such as cobblestone, and small and tiny dusts.
I think it's needlessly that a cobblestone was blacklisted for making scrap in GT. Judge yourself. From a cobblestone I can made many items - gravel, flint, stone tools, buildcraft's pipes. And all of them can be recycled.
And I have not cheerful yet :)

Update. A sandy glass is valid item for recycling and it can be fully made from a cobblestone.

Last edited:

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's needlessly that a cobblestone was blacklisted for making scrap in GT. Judge yourself. From a cobblestone I can made many items - gravel, flint, stone tools, buildcraft's pipes. And all of them can be recycled.
And I have not cheerful yet :)

I managed to test a whole bunch of items before deciding that I couldn't make scrap. Stone dust gives me nothing, cobblestone as you said, I also tried furnaces I believe.

Thanks Timeslice for the hint on the enderIO pipes to check if something can be recycled. Much more reliable than throwing a stack in and seeing if anything comes out.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
I got few reports about this... Are you using any chunkloading in your base?
Yes, I had just started chunk loading. Good point. That may have something to do with it. However, I really have no idea what sequencing triggers the chunk problems. We are using the dimentional one due to it's flexibility. Is there a work around?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Yes

, I had just started chunk loading. Good point. That may have something to do with it. However, I really have no idea what sequencing triggers the chunk problems. We are using the dimentional one due to it's flexibility. Is there a work around?
It looks like the dimensional anchors are indeed kind of broken.. Go for Railcraft Anchors.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If dimensional anchors are kind of broken it is a new thing, have worked flawlessly for me in multiple worlds on multiple packs.