[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone using the IC2 Mining Laser, how do you change the mode? Pretty sure its my keybindings. Right now, I have the ALT and M keys exclusive to IC2. However, when I hold ALT down and press M, it simply toggles my NanoSuit Helmet's Nightvision Goggles on and off. It doesn't do anything for the Mining Laser mode. Which keys do you use to change the mode on it? Is M key or not? I took off my NanoSuit entirely to test it, and neither ALT nor M does anything with the Laser in my hand.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone using the IC2 Mining Laser, how do you change the mode? Pretty sure its my keybindings. Right now, I have the ALT and M keys exclusive to IC2. However, when I hold ALT down and press M, it simply toggles my NanoSuit Helmet's Nightvision Goggles on and off. It doesn't do anything for the Mining Laser mode. Which keys do you use to change the mode on it? Is M key or not? I took off my NanoSuit entirely to test it, and neither ALT nor M does anything with the Laser in my hand.
it should be something like IC2 mode key + rclick with the laser maybe

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Does the GT Thermal Centrifuge use more than one amp? I've noticed that my LV version really sucks down the power. It's the only machine I cannot run simultaneously with my EBF and I am quite positive my steam piping is adequate to run all my Steam Turbines at once. I've done the math on the fluid flows, I'm using shutters in my GT fluid pipes, etc. And yet that LV Centrifuge makes my 4 LV Turbines run so hard, they make the single MV Turbine run at a small steam deficit, meaning my EBF eventually shuts off mid-cycle. That probably means my piping is slightly inadequate actually, but it's close enough for normal use - except when I run these two machines together. So is the LV Thermal Centrifuge a 2-amp, 3-amp or even a 4-amp machine? Can't tell via NEI since the recipes don't show EU/t numbers. I think I'd read or heard that it is at least a 2-amp draw but maybe someone knows for certain.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Does the GT Thermal Centrifuge use more than one amp? I've noticed that my LV version really sucks down the power. It's the only machine I cannot run simultaneously with my EBF and I am quite positive my steam piping is adequate to run all my Steam Turbines at once. I've done the math on the fluid flows, I'm using shutters in my GT fluid pipes, etc. And yet that LV Centrifuge makes my 4 LV Turbines run so hard, they make the single MV Turbine run at a small steam deficit, meaning my EBF eventually shuts off mid-cycle. That probably means my piping is slightly inadequate actually, but it's close enough for normal use - except when I run these two machines together. So is the LV Thermal Centrifuge a 2-amp, 3-amp or even a 4-amp machine? Can't tell via NEI since the recipes don't show EU/t numbers. I think I'd read or heard that it is at least a 2-amp draw but maybe someone knows for certain.

Yes GT Thermal Centri is power hungry and it is the only machine requiring 2A

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
guys If you are having troubles with 3.1.11 server files, hold on.... 3.1.12 should have the server files (comming in few minutes)

Sliderpro

Jul 29, 2019
Okay!
can smb please answer my question about why I cant craft ironchests beyond silver nor can I craft upgrades

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Okay!
can smb please answer my question about why I cant craft ironchests beyond silver nor can I craft upgrades

Haven't had a problem with it. Gotta check the obvious first - are you using 8 iron plates around a regular chest for the recipe? Or else, if you made silver chests, are you using 4 iron plates and 4 glass blocks around the silver chest?

Edit: That's incorrect, disregard the silver chest part of my response. I just checked and there's no upgrade path from silver to iron - check NEI, silver can only be upgraded to gold, or diamond chests. Copper chests can be upgraded using 4 iron plates plus 4 glass, not silver chests.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make clay using Steve's Workshop auto-crafting, recipe is Red Cobblestone with 3 Water Buckets. The table won't eject the buckets so they can cycle thru the Fluid Canning Machine, after crafting the clay, it puts the 3 buckets into the slots below the crafting area and they just sit there. I set up the output filter to allow empty buckets but it doesn't seem to send them out of the table. Is there a way to use Steve's with water bucket recipes?

Is there a GT machine that auto-crafts? I found the Schematic item that says "Crafts the Programmed Recipe" so there must be a way. The Packager? I use a Schematic to compress my cobblestone.

This wiki says "The Crafting Schematic is not fully implemented yet."
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Schematic

I did find this tho: "The Dusts Schematic tries to turn tiny and small dusts into full dusts." Pretty cool, that's always an annoying thing, I use a Forestry Worktable so the recipe is always there which helps a bit. But for a fully automated factory setup, the Packager with A Dust Schematic is clearly the way to go. Very nice.

But for the bucket recipe, I guess I gotta start using Logistics Pipes and learning that mod? Seems like the way to go, but it pretty much means a full redesign of my base to have that kind of space to attach pipes to machines.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Latest version causes my pneumaticraft refinery to stop accepting oil it was using previously. Guess I need to check pneumaticraft patch notes to see if that machine has changed.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Are the gregtech electric tools any good? Chainsaws, drills, jackhammers (maybe more?) in LV, MV and HV with like a million different combination of materials. Do they work with something like a batpack and from your experience what is the best material to use for the drill/blade part that decides durability and speed. Also what is the difference between the different voltage tiers?

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make clay using Steve's Workshop auto-crafting, recipe is Red Cobblestone with 3 Water Buckets. The table won't eject the buckets so they can cycle thru the Fluid Canning Machine, after crafting the clay, it puts the 3 buckets into the slots below the crafting area and they just sit there. I set up the output filter to allow empty buckets but it doesn't seem to send them out of the table. Is there a way to use Steve's with water bucket recipes?

Is there a GT machine that auto-crafts? I found the Schematic item that says "Crafts the Programmed Recipe" so there must be a way. The Packager? I use a Schematic to compress my cobblestone.

This wiki says "The Crafting Schematic is not fully implemented yet."
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Schematic

I did find this tho: "The Dusts Schematic tries to turn tiny and small dusts into full dusts." Pretty cool, that's always an annoying thing, I use a Forestry Worktable so the recipe is always there which helps a bit. But for a fully automated factory setup, the Packager with A Dust Schematic is clearly the way to go. Very nice.

But for the bucket recipe, I guess I gotta start using Logistics Pipes and learning that mod? Seems like the way to go, but it pretty much means a full redesign of my base to have that kind of space to attach pipes to machines.

the packager is currently a little bit buggy.
https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/185

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Latest version causes my pneumaticraft refinery to stop accepting oil it was using previously. Guess I need to check pneumaticraft patch notes to see if that machine has changed.
In current version the PC Refinery has a bug, where it accepts only PC Oil. You can freely update PC to 134+ to fix this issue.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Are the gregtech electric tools any good? Chainsaws, drills, jackhammers (maybe more?) in LV, MV and HV with like a million different combination of materials. Do they work with something like a batpack and from your experience what is the best material to use for the drill/blade part that decides durability and speed. Also what is the difference between the different voltage tiers?
Sadly I've never seen reason to use the jackhammer.

The chainsaw is kinda meh. Unlike GT Axes, GT Chainsaws don't do crappy GT treecapitation.
The drills are pretty good. With a decent one, held at the right angle, you can drill a 2x1 hole faster than you can run forward (various haste affects notwithstanding). In that sense its better than a mining laser even. But iirc charging it was a chore. I forget what batteries you need to carry with you, but the drill itself seemed to drain faster than it could charge.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info on GT drills and jackhammers. I was wondering the same thing - are they any good or not?

All I can tell you is that with the IC2 Mining Laser, my production rate has skyrocketed. Once I figured out how to put it into Horizontal Mode, as someone said previously, you can clear out an entire vein of ores in relatively quick fashion compared to digging one block at a time by hand. Therefore, I haven't even bothered to make a GT drill and test it out.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
the packager is currently a little bit buggy.
https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/185

Thank you for info. That's unfortunate. Perhaps some of you can describe your current setup for automating the combining of tiny and small dusts?

BTW, the Packager may be buggy, however, it is working perfectly for the one use I have - compressing cobblestone to save storage space (and to get to the Bedrockium Drums). At the very least, it does seem to work properly for that task.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks for the info on GT drills and jackhammers. I was wondering the same thing - are they any good or not?

All I can tell you is that with the IC2 Mining Laser, my production rate has skyrocketed. Once I figured out how to put it into Horizontal Mode, as someone said previously, you can clear out an entire vein of ores in relatively quick fashion compared to digging one block at a time by hand. Therefore, I haven't even bothered to make a GT drill and test it out.
For actually clearing out a vein, the advanced diamond drill is superior. It has a 3x3 mode similar to the tinkers construct hammer. The only downside is that occasionally you get some block desync where the client thinks a block is mined but the server disagrees (even in single player). Even with that thought its faster than the mining laser imo.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
"We just upgraded to the modular CreoTek CreoStak 36 and our charcoal worries are over!"

asaDMam.jpg

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for info. That's unfortunate. Perhaps some of you can describe your current setup for automating the combining of tiny and small dusts?

I have an MV power source (Adept Magic Converter powered by thaumic shards) that feeds EU to an LV transformer, which in turn passes the power through a cable to a series of LV packagers. Each LV packager has a dust schematic, and each one handles a specific type of dust. (so, LV packager #1 combines 9 tiny naquadah dust into 1 naquadah dust which is passed back into my storage network; LV packager #2 combines 9 tiny tin dust into 1 tin dust, etc).

I like using the basic LV GT machines for low-priority processing, because speed is not an issue and they use practically no power at all.

Last edited: