[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a GT cover that I can use to prevent two adjacent electrical cables from connecting? Or any other "zero-thickness" divider I can place in between them?

You're in luck! The very cheap "wood plank" type covers (eg "Spruce Plank (can be used as cover)") can be placed on any face of a machine or cable and prevent electrical connections.

They use the gregtech cover placement rules, so click in the centre of a face to place on that face, or use the edge segments to say which other face to place the cover on.

Reactions: SolManX

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I just got my basic logistics network to function at all. I had to use a logistics power junction, instead of an EU power provider. With the power junction the system "just works". With the EU power provider in exactly the same spot the pipes appeared to connect, and the power provider ate lots of EU, but nothing happened. No items moving at all.

What is the point of the "EU power provider", and how does it actually provide power? Is using a junction the wrong thing to do for some reason?
EU Power Provider is a block that supplies the network with EU, which then can be used to power machines, it is quite expensive, since you will need to use power upgrades on all the pipes in the network, but on the other hand... its completely lossless.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You're in luck! The very cheap "wood plank" type covers (eg "Spruce Plank (can be used as cover)") can be placed on any face of a machine or cable and prevent electrical connections.

They use the gregtech cover placement rules, so click in the centre of a face to place on that face, or use the edge segments to say which other face to place the cover on.

Wonderful, thank you - just makes the setup a bit more compact, and saves on cable mat cost/power loss.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
EU Power Provider is a block that supplies the network with EU, which then can be used to power machines, it is quite expensive, since you will need to use power upgrades on all the pipes in the network, but on the other hand... its completely lossless.

Ok, thanks. From the name you can probably see why I was confused as to the purpose of that block... It does sound like rather a good fit when you're looking for something to power a logistics pipe network from EU.

I was wondering why it was so much more expensive than the junction power block. The lossless power transmission does sound quite op.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How would I portion out a single bucket of mercury? I'm making IC2 Night Vision Goggles and it requires a "Luminator" which consists of a Mercury Cell. I only need to make one Cell, and thus I only want to put 1000 mb of Mercury into the Fluid Canning Machine. I've got a drum of Mercury but it's got a lot in it. If I connect the drum to the machine, it will dump something like 8000 or 16000 mb into it, when I only need 1000. Mercury will not go into a bucket, so my plan to transfer one bucket into an Ender IO tank has failed. How do you handle this situation? Is there a way to meter out specific small amounts of fluids like this? The best I can think of is, connect a conduit from drum to tank, and quickly remove it, hopefully there won't be much more than 1000 mb in the tank... but that's a pretty crummy way to do things, I like to be precise and not waste stuff.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Use the fluid canning machine perhaps? Fill it with 8 buckets worth, then turn it on. Can all 8, then uncanny the one you want into the relevant machine, and uncan the other 7 and put them back into the drum.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Use the fluid canning machine perhaps? Fill it with 8 buckets worth, then turn it on. Can all 8, then uncanny the one you want into the relevant machine, and uncan the other 7 and put them back into the drum.

Worked like a charm and didn't lose a drop. In fact, what I noticed is that the input tank on the Basic Fluid Canner, which had a partial amount in it when I was done, actually ejected back out of the machine and into the drum when I reversed the conduit direction. I always thought that once you put a fluid into a machine's input tank, it was in there for good.

Reactions: SteelGiant

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: RESOLVED - server operator spawned in the Nightvision Goggles for me. He couldn't spawn in the IC2 components because they also came in as 4363:1 with metadata. Basically, a portion of the NanoSuit recipe tree is broken and the Suit is uncraftable without help right now. Its very frustrating.

I've got a similar problem as I described earlier - to make the NanoSuit Helmet, we need to make the Nightvision Goggles. These require two IC2 Advanced Heat Exchanger 4363 items. When I made them, they came out with metadata, 4363:1 and thus the Goggles won't craft. How do I change metadata on a server, petition the operator to do it or can I do it myself? Placing the ":1" item in a vanilla crafting table by itself didn't do anything.

Oh by the way, the Advanced Heat Exchanger 4363 requires advanced Heat Exchanger 4360:1 - so some of the IC2 recipes are okay and some aren't, as I think Jason said. Just need a way to fix this and complete my NanoSuit, I'm excited to finish it up! :)

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. I had never seen fluid come out of a machine input before.

Yeah it really surprised me but it's true. I only had 13,520 of Mercury in my drum, I connected up thinking it was an 8 bucket internal tank, but no... LOL So I canned up 13 Cells and it left 520 in the machine un-canned. Before putting the extra Cells back into the machine to un-can them, I first reversed the conduit direction. When I right clicked the machine, intending to put the Cells in, I immediately noticed the input tank was empty! Sure enough, there was 520 in my drum. Didn't lose a drop despite the odd amount, making me very happy indeed. :)

Reactions: SteelGiant

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Invite to play on my server

I rent an aws server that I set up for infitech2. Had some others on there with me but they've all dropped off.

Anyhow, if you're not a jackhole, and are interested in joining me, let me know. You are welcome to join me in my base, or go off and do your own thing. Either is cool. Currently moving into ev era, have naquadah bees plus numerous others in 24 alvearies. Entire base is powered by gt magic and thaum shard bees. Also, nearly maxed out thaumcraft.

On a separate topic, big thanks to migukninja for his bee tips

Nutloaf

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've made a Railcraft Iron Tank with Guage and the wall pieces, it connects properly and all, but when I put steam into the tank it doesn't come back out. Am I doing something wrong?
Steam is in.png
Steam is in 2.png

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've made a Railcraft Iron Tank with Guage and the wall pieces, it connects properly and all, but when I put steam into the tank it doesn't come back out. Am I doing something wrong?

The Gregtech fluid pipes will not work when attached to the side of the Railcraft tank. Instead, put RC Valve Blocks on the bottom of the tank and connect the GT fluid pipe there (the edge blocks on the bottom will not work of course). If you only have a small 3x3 tank, then there's only one block available for a Valve - but be careful, because that center block on the bottom is where all the steam information is stored for the tank. If you break the middle block then you will lose all your steam. So empty the tank first. Once you can make a bigger tank - such as the maximum size of 9x9x8high, you will have many locations on the bottom where you can connect GT fluid pipes to.

Another option, if you don't like using the bottom of the tank (I see you placed obsidian around it) is to skip using GT fluid pipe and use EnderIO fluid conduit instead. The lowest tier conduit is reasonably inexpensive but you may have to use more than one conduit/valve to extract enough steam from your tank - it all depends on your setup.

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my, so why did I never build an OV scanner before? I was building an advanced miner, realized I need an OV scanner for it so I made one. Tried it out just for giggles and it located all the ore veins I'd already dug out. I ended up making a 2nd OV scanner that I'll just keep with me. I spent a week and a half earlier looking for tin. Took OV scanner to Extreme Hills and found a full tin vein on the 3rd scan. Wow!

Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my, so why did I never build an OV scanner before? I was building an advanced miner, realized I need an OV scanner for it so I made one. Tried it out just for giggles and it located all the ore veins I'd already dug out. I ended up making a 2nd OV scanner that I'll just keep with me. I spent a week and a half earlier looking for tin. Took OV scanner to Extreme Hills and found a full tin vein on the 3rd scan. Wow!

Yeah, today was a good day indeed... started by making the OV Scanner (don't bother with OD Scanner, the smaller range makes it pretty weak and worthless), moved on to the Mining Laser, and finished the day by making the NanoSuit complete with flight! Tomorrow's gonna be a great day when I actually get out of the lab/factory and get to play with all my new toys. :) What a game-changer!

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hotfix update v3.1.11
Mod Updates:
- IndustrialCraft 2 -> 2.2.780
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.11.11-133
- XACT -> 0.5.4
- Minetweaker -> Back to official 3.0.10B

Changes/Fixes:
- Fixed XACT Crafter not saving its inventory (now for real)

Last edited: