[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So 3.1.12 doesn't include the newest WAILA plugin? And why the hate for ExtraCells?
WAILA has been added in hotfix 3.1.11. I just forgot to write that into the changelog. Fixed now (also changed the 3.1.11 to 3.1.12 since version x.11 is not available on launcher) :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wanting to craft an ender quarry. Requires a BC Quarry. NEI says the BC quarry is one time use only for crafting ender quarry, but there's no recipe for the BC quarry. What gives?
BC quarry into Ender was just a convenient recipe for those players who already had crafted the BC quarry, to have "easier" switch. EQuarry should have a second recipe, if not... BUG REPORT!

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I think, many small updates are often better for modpack makers than a big update everey few months.
Waiting for few small updates is ok, but a huge update right after modpack update is bad. Also many small updates means faster bugfixes.
btw. GT has sometimes similliar update rates as botania has. Only the last few months were quite slow.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the eIO spawner and diamond spikes tip. I'll give that a go!

I haven't had any trouble with wither escaping the cage over the 20 times I've summoned him, but I was careful to make the cage tall enough that he has room to float up after his power-up process completes (this required looting two volcanoes to acquire enough wither-proof glass). I recall messing around in creative ages ago in vanilla, testing techniques for caging wither using obsidian (didn't work, by the way--he'd chew through the obsidian almost as fast as he chews through other blocks). I had found that if the cage wasn't tall enough, he'd float right up through the top after his initial post-power-up float. But perhaps I should move my wither cage a bit further away, just in case!

Now that i think about it... Maybe i shouldnt have my wither kill box next to my fusion reactor...

Reactions: gatsu and Pyure

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
BC quarry into Ender was just a convenient recipe for those players who already had crafted the BC quarry, to have "easier" switch. EQuarry should have a second recipe, if not... BUG REPORT!
Aw man, that was it. You'd think after as many hours as I've spent playing this modpack I'd realize that the recipe I want is always at the back of the NEI list. :(

Reactions: Jason McRay

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Which LV drill do I make, IC2 or GT? Looks like I can make either of them but don't know the pros/cons involved.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'd probably recommend the GT version. Its more flexible in terms of the parts/materials and (I believe) operates a lot faster.

CONS: probably eats energy a lot faster and fewer recharging options.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Which LV drill do I make, IC2 or GT? Looks like I can make either of them but don't know the pros/cons involved.
I would recommend the ic2 drill because it will never break and you can upgrade it later to the adv dia drill which is the only 3x3 mining tool.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! Just noticed that WAILA is finally reading the contents of railcraft tanks (at least the iron versions).

(Simple things please simple minds, as the saying goes).

Reactions: Pyure

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking at power options for the EV and IV eras. Right now I have both steam and diesel power generation. The steam is 2 RC turbines feeding into MFSUs, which charge up batteries and send them about to my LV and MV stuff. My HV stuff is running off diesel fuel from large oil reservoirs. I just built all of the GenDustry machines last night and will be starting AE2 soon so my power usage will go up in the very short term, and plus I'd like to keep advancing past HV.

Fusion is a long term goal, but not viable right now. I'll be implementing some power in the form of GT Magical Energy Converters and Absorbers, but that's still only MV and HV power until I can get fusion up and going for Europium.

IC2 solid and fluid reactors seem like the best bet, but I've never dealt with these before. Any thoughts on fluid vs regular IC2 reactors as far as efficiency and ease of build? Good design tutorials for over 2000 EU/t? Go another route like biofuel from a distillation tower into a pile of diesel generators pointed at a large bank of MFSUs? I've got a mob farm, but I don't think it drops enough rotten flesh for methane. Something else?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
IC2 solid and fluid reactors seem like the best bet, but I've never dealt with these before. Any thoughts on fluid vs regular IC2 reactors as far as efficiency and ease of build? Good design tutorials for over 2000 EU/t? Go another route like biofuel from a distillation tower into a pile of diesel generators pointed at a large bank of MFSUs? I've got a mob farm, but I don't think it drops enough rotten flesh for methane. Something else?
Fluid reactors are probably your best bet. You won't get a single reactor to produce 2000 eu/t, but the key with the reactors isn't so much surge output as it is efficiency: you can build several reactors and leverage their excellent fuel duration.

The 5x5 fluid reactors are considerably more efficient than the solid versions. The eu/t doesn't seem much better at a glance (depending on the reactor type) but the value for your fuel is much better.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Fluid reactors are probably your best bet. You won't get a single reactor to produce 2000 eu/t, but the key with the reactors isn't so much surge output as it is efficiency: you can build several reactors and leverage their excellent fuel duration.

The 5x5 fluid reactors are considerably more efficient than the solid versions. The eu/t doesn't seem much better at a glance (depending on the reactor type) but the value for your fuel is much better.
Pyure is our resident fluid reactor expert. If you have an unlimited amount of fuel, then nothing beats the output of a MOX reactor. However if you live in the real world, I'm sure Pyure would tell you that a fluid reactor is a much better choice.

There's also pneumatic conversion of big reactors RF to EU, but I can't speak to the output levels. I believe Pyure and Aiwen have knowledge of that.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Pyure is our resident fluid reactor expert. If you have an unlimited amount of fuel, then nothing beats the output of a MOX reactor. However if you live in the real world, I'm sure Pyure would tell you that a fluid reactor is a much better choice.

There's also pneumatic conversion of big reactors RF to EU, but I can't speak to the output levels. I believe Pyure and Aiwen have knowledge of that.
I'm starting to look into fluid reactors. I built one (well at least the reactor housing with the reactor and chambers inside. I have no clue how to get water into the thing, and when I pull it out I don't know what I'm supposed to pull it out into.

I mean if the whole point of a liquid reactor is to create steam that I can then use in a turbine, I'm already doing that. And I can do it even better. Pretty soon here I'll be able to build a large tungstensteel boiler. My alumentum production is one alumentum every 2 seconds and I currently have a level 6 JABBA barrel full of it. I could double that production rate with another construct and still not even remotely tax my tree farm. Then I can take the steam the tungstensteel boiler makes and run it through, what, a GT turbine and use an EV dynamo hatch?