[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
I can accept craft universal housing with steel/aluminium and glass panel in center. But because storage cells can be uncrafted to universal housing+storage component, different storage cells must be crafting by different storage components only.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
The uncrafting is the loophole, it seems. Not sure there is a way to nerf/prevent that. Dont' think Minetweaker/Modtweaker can affect things like SHIFT+RClick

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I will take a look at the UH when I get a chance. In all honesty i did not checked the AE scripts nor made them. They were taken/borrowed from @DreamMasterXXL github with MT scripts (as most of the scripts i took, since why to do something again, when its already made and public/free to use; you can easily recongnize scripts made by me and by others simply just by looking at the first line of the script, where i credit involved people :p). (ouch I ping'd him, so maybe he will answer why is that faster and better than I would) :p

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Update : I'll start off with Dt + Tr since it requires just water, i.e. no quarrying The End for He3.

To run the reactor 24/7, I calculate I'll need:
  • 32 MV Centrifuges for Tritium
  • 160 LV Centrifuges for Deuterium
  • 120 LV Electrolyzers for Hydrogen
  • 2 LV Fluid Canning Machines (to remove Oxygen from the cells from the Electrolyzers)
  • 20 total Processing Arrays
  • 9362 EU/t, not including losses
Here are my calculations

That's about right, except you forgot about 4096EU/t required to maintain the fusion :D

Reactions: MigukNamja

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Would there happen to be a reasonable way to extract fluids from something that doesn't auto-extract (like a coke oven's creosote) into wooden GT pipes?

In the past I've used BC fluid pipes early game, but doing that for a lot of coke ovens is laggy. EnderIO fluid conduit would be my goto, but the recipes are now Gregified.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Would there happen to be a reasonable way to extract fluids from something that doesn't auto-extract (like a coke oven's creosote) into wooden GT pipes?

In the past I've used BC fluid pipes early game, but doing that for a lot of coke ovens is laggy. EnderIO fluid conduit would be my goto, but the recipes are now Gregified.
You can use enderio fluid tanks and then connect the pipe to it. You just need fused quartz (nether quartz + glass dust)

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019

The enderio fluid conduit only needs glass dust + nether quartz and no fused quartz so you can make it even without an alloy smelter (you just need nether quartz) only the pressurized and the ender fluid conduit need complex machines.

Also the gregtech pumps are not just crafting components you can attach them to any gt block to import / export fluids.

Last edited:

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Since we are talking about pipes and fluids again, is there any early game method to automatically fill a cauldron so I can get clean dusts faster? Standing on top of it with a bucket in my hand right next to my water siding tank is tedious when I have to do stacks at a time.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Since we are talking about pipes and fluids again, is there any early game method to automatically fill a cauldron so I can get clean dusts faster? Standing on top of it with a bucket in my hand right next to my water siding tank is tedious when I have to do stacks at a time.

There isn't. It's supposed to be manual and annoying. The only way I heard of that works is using PenumatiCraft drone, but that's not really earlygame.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
The enderio fluid conduit only needs glass dust + nether quartz and no fused quartz so you can make it even without an alloy smelter (you just need nether quartz) only the pressurized and the ender fluid conduit need complex machines.

Also the gregtech pumps are not just crafting components you can attach them to any gt block to import / export fluids.

Yeah, the base EIO fluid conduit is more of an issue of nether quartz availability than it is regarding alloy smelters and such. Running around the nether wilds without fly (or decent armor or even a solid way to make lots of arrows) is sort of deadly at this stage yet.

Also, yeah I know the pumps work on GT blocks but that doesn't help with non-gt blocks. I'll just bridge the gap between stuff like the coke ovens to the GT pipes with the lowest level EIO fluid pipe for now to do the extraction work.

Just going to toss this out there since it took me a bit of frustration to realize it, but you don't need to throw items into the cauldron one at a time. You can toss the entire stack in the cauldron at a time. Unsure if you are already doing this or not, but if you are putting impure dusts in one dust at a time it will take you forever.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
GT6 is even more annoying in that point. There only one item, not a stack can be washed at once.
But instead byproducts are washed out. And sometimes these byproducts are radioactive...

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Also, yeah I know the pumps work on GT blocks but that doesn't help with non-gt blocks. I'll just bridge the gap between stuff like the coke ovens to the GT pipes with the lowest level EIO fluid pipe for now to do the extraction work.
The pump can be on the gt pipe and it will extract the creosote from the coke oven.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
GT6 is even more annoying in that point. There only one item, not a stack can be washed at once.
But instead byproducts are washed out. And sometimes these byproducts are radioactive...

this GT6 that doesnt even have machines? well in 5 years time maybe we will be able to play it :p

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
The pump can be on the gt pipe and it will extract the creosote from the coke oven.
Ahh OK, that makes sense and will be usable in the future. I can't even make a pump right now as I just started steel production in order to even make my first LV machine.

this GT6 that doesnt even have machines? well in 5 years time maybe we will be able to play it :p

I heard a rumor that GT6 completely abandons technology in favor of cat herding. Of course you won't be able to find all of your cats in jungle biomes, they'll be randomly distributed throughout the world with a complex FelineGen routine. In order to befriend cats in order to herd them you'll need various tiers of cat food. Of course it won't be possible to get Fancy Feast straight off. You'll need to work your way up through generic cat foods, to store brand cat food, to tins of tuna, to name brand cat foods like Fancy Feast. You can't just waltz in and buy your way up the chain. There's even a ludicrous tier cat food that isn't really even necessary because it involves having a personal chef for each individual cat. The real joy in this system comes when you get up into the Insane tiers and you realize that it's really not possible to herd cats because they keep wandering off and randomly exploding when they get wet or a garden variety american shorthair cat gets too close to a Siamese. It sounds like the black cat Thaumcraft integration is going to be superb though.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
There isn't. It's supposed to be manual and annoying. The only way I heard of that works is using PenumatiCraft drone, but that's not really earlygame.
Golems will work as well (but i think the ones with Use core will be needed, but maybe the ones with Fill will work as well), but still its not real early game.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Golems will work as well (but i think the ones with Use core will be needed, but maybe the ones with Fill will work as well), but still its not real early game.

While churning through 8,192 stacks of Netherrack to ultimately get coal, redstone, and gold, I spent about an hour fiddling around with Use Golems in an attempt to automate the vanilla cauldron. I could get the golem to fill the cauldron once with the bucket, but could not get him to refill the empty bucket or else get rid of the empty bucket and get a new, filled bucket.