[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Also @Dlur100 its on the Official IT server right? Maybe lag is in place (as it is for some reason on there for quite some time). Did you test that out on SP?

Excuse me fool, we have no lag now :D

About the TC alchemy - I don't understand it to be honest. It sometimes works, sometimes breaks even though I didn't touch anything. Try putting pipes on different sides, different length etc. It's really finicky and unpredictable.

Reactions: Dlur100

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Excuse me fool, we have no lag now :D

About the TC alchemy - I don't understand it to be honest. It sometimes works, sometimes breaks even though I didn't touch anything. Try putting pipes on different sides, different length etc. It's really finicky and unpredictable.
Oh Malfal anmd Grove actually sorted that out? Nice....

With TC i had only one issue, and that was with messis being on the bottom, ordo on top, but the ordo never made it to the top alembic, because of I have no idea why.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I put an arcane bellows on the steel transmutation and it works better now, not great but better. It's at least 100 times faster than a BBF so oh well ;) I'll rewatch your video later Jason. See if I can speed it up more.

Aiwendil helped me with the alumentum one. I missed the easiest part: the heat source was missing. I had nitor there, but not sure what happened to it. I do have a 13 yr old son that plays with me, so anything is possible including nitor theft. :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I put an arcane bellows on the steel transmutation and it works better now, not great but better. It's at least 100 times faster than a BBF so oh well ;) I'll rewatch your video later Jason. See if I can speed it up more.

Aiwendil helped me with the alumentum one. I missed the easiest part: the heat source was missing. I had nitor there, but not sure what happened to it. I do have a 13 yr old son that plays with me, so anything is possible including nitor theft. :)
If I will find time, i can log in and check it out, more heads knows more, right? :D

Reactions: Pyure

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Tales of the Fusion Noob Apprentice

Achieved Fusion last night. Pic of my setup here.

Some further surprises/oops:
  • Had to read and re-read @Blood Asp 's GT:U Fusion Wiki page again. My mistake was not using 100% LuV-based blocks for everything, including all input, ouput, and energy hatches. I had less-than-LuV hatches and the computer kept saying "Incomplete structure" until I made sure all hatches were LuV-based.
  • Because of the above, I'm really looking forward to @Pyure 's improvements to the hatches and buses so the tool tip shows what tier they are.
  • My Electrolyzer Processing Array's Input Hatch was too small (too low tier). Due to how Processing Arrays work as basically a single machine, 16x Electrolyzers need 48 buckets of water (total) every 75 seconds. The original hatch only had 24 buckets. I was wondering why I was always starving on hydrogen - the Electrolyzers couldn't grab enough each 75 seconds.
  • Can't figure out why my Processing Arrays aren't backpressuring. The only fluid I'm voiding is Oxygen. Despite all drums and hatches being full of fluids (water, hydrogen, deuterium, tritium), all processing arrays *are still running*.
  • Can't figure out why I'm not making enough Hydrogen. 128 LV Electrolyzers should produce more than enough Hydrogen for 160 LV Centrifuges, but either:
    1. My math is wrong
    2. NEI is wrong
    3. I'm losing Hydrogen somewhere
  • My 30,000 EU/t "Optimal Flow" Large Turbine was consuming more than I wanted. I need to add an IC2 Fluid Regulator and let the slight excess buffer in a bedrockium drum for later use.
On the plus side, the buffering and production worked well enough to run Fusion for about 30 minutes, which was good enough for a net gain of over 2B EU. Woot !

:)

I'm kind of glad things aren't 100% perfect yet. It will give me an excuse to fiddle/improve/tweak.

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Can't figure out why my Processing Arrays aren't backpressuring.
All GT Multiblocks void their output once the busses/hatches are full. So backpressure is not possible. You can do that only by adding machine controllers and switching machines off once the buffer tanks are full.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Tales of the Fusion Noob Apprentice

Achieved Fusion last night. Pic of my setup here.

Some further surprises/oops:
  • Had to read and re-read @Blood Asp 's GT:U Fusion Wiki page again. My mistake was not using 100% LuV-based blocks for everything, including all input, ouput, and energy hatches. I had less-than-LuV hatches and the computer kept saying "Incomplete structure" until I made sure all hatches were LuV-based.
  • Because of the above, I'm really looking forward to @Pyure 's improvements to the hatches and buses so the tool tip shows what tier they are.
  • My Electrolyzer Processing Array's Input Hatch was too small (too low tier). Due to how Processing Arrays work as basically a single machine, 16x Electrolyzers need 48 buckets of water (total) every 75 seconds. The original hatch only had 24 buckets. I was wondering why I was always starving on hydrogen - the Electrolyzers couldn't grab enough each 75 seconds.
  • Can't figure out why my Processing Arrays aren't backpressuring. The only fluid I'm voiding is Oxygen. Despite all drums and hatches being full of fluids (water, hydrogen, deuterium, tritium), all processing arrays *are still running*.
  • Can't figure out why I'm not making enough Hydrogen. 128 LV Electrolyzers should produce more than enough Hydrogen for 160 LV Centrifuges, but either:
    1. My math is wrong
    2. NEI is wrong
    3. I'm losing Hydrogen somewhere
  • My 30,000 EU/t "Optimal Flow" Large Turbine was consuming more than I wanted. I need to add an IC2 Fluid Regulator and let the slight excess
On the plus side, the buffering and production worked well enough to run Fusion for about 30 minutes, which was good enough for a net gain of over 2B EU. Woot !

:)

I'm kind of glad things aren't 100% perfect yet. It will give me an excuse to fiddle/improve/tweak.

What tier of input/output hatches are you using for electrolyzer arrays? You need 48000L+ for input (16x3000L) and 36000L+ for output (16x2000L). That means IV+ for input and EV+ for output (if I remember correctly). I actually used ZPM instead of IV because it was cheaper for me (I ran out of tungstensteel, no wonder huh).

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Miguk, something about that perspective in the image is really jarring on the eyes :p

Here's a different angle. This one shows my nuclear evolution from MOX (far right) through Hot Coolant / LHE / Turbines through Fusion in the background.

Here's a top-down view. If you look closely, you can see the fusion tokamak ring through the glass on the floor below the Proc Arrays and Plasma Turbine.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
What tier of input/output hatches are you using for electrolyzer arrays? You need 48000L+ for input (16x3000L) and 36000L+ for output (16x2000L). That means IV+ for input and EV+ for output (if I remember correctly). I actually used ZPM instead of IV because it was cheaper for me (I ran out of tungstensteel, no wonder huh).

Ah....output. Good thought. I upgraded my input from 24K to 64K (overkill, yes), but I have't upgraded my output. I'll do that.

And, what if I'm sharing the Output Hatches between two arrays ? Do I need to double it ? i.e. 72K ?

What does this actually mean in simple terms?

I didn't finish that sentence. I've fix it now to say "...and let the slight excess buffer in a bedrockium drum for later use."

Helium Plasma is an incredibly dense energy source, even if it is silly to just let the stuff just sit around, but no sillier than lava sitting around, I guess.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So, atm my GT5 todo list (other than pollution which I still need to start working on)
* Fix bus/hatch names to include EV/IV/etc (this is already done on my side, I just need to give to blood asp)
* Allow users to gauge their actual turbine output via portable scanner and/or the turbine controller gui (already done via scanner, kinda, but it would be pimpin to do it via the gui as well)

I feel like I'm forgetting something.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
All GT Multiblocks void their output once the busses/hatches are full. So backpressure is not possible. You can do that only by adding machine controllers and switching machines off once the buffer tanks are full.

Ah, good. Thanks for the confirmation. That's the only thing that was making sense. Water was backpressuring fine and Tritium (thank God !) was backpressuring fine, but neither of those are pushed from Output Hatches. So, yeah...that explains why my Hydrogen and Deuterium never backpressured. I will make changes accordingly.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
So, atm my GT5 todo list (other than pollution which I still need to start working on)
* Fix bus/hatch names to include EV/IV/etc (this is already done on my side, I just need to give to blood asp)
* Allow users to gauge their actual turbine output via portable scanner and/or the turbine controller gui (already done via scanner, kinda, but it would be pimpin to do it via the gui as well)

I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Hmmm...Processing Array Output Hatches don't void, i.e. they backpressure instead ?

:p

Reactions: Bob558

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hmmm...Processing Array Output Hatches don't void, i.e. they backpressure instead ?

:p
Going back to my original question, I'm still not aware of what this means :\ You mentioned a bedrock drum above, but you can already do this can't you? You just pull contents out into a drum, done?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I've completed a large chunk of the Thaumcraft research with mostly just Eldritch stuff and the higher end TT2 that I haven't uncovered yet left to do. One thing that seems sort of interesting is the Magical Energy Conversion. Has anyone played around with this? It seems like it would be possible somehow to farm items off mobs to fuel these things. And once you get to the point of having the capability of EnderIO spawners, a wither skeleton spawner and thus farming Withers for Nether Stars isn't that out of the question. 10,000,000EU per Nether star according to FTB wikia?