[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
While churning through 8,192 stacks of Netherrack to ultimately get coal, redstone, and gold, I spent about an hour fiddling around with Use Golems in an attempt to automate the vanilla cauldron. I could get the golem to fill the cauldron once with the bucket, but could not get him to refill the empty bucket or else get rid of the empty bucket and get a new, filled bucket.

Golems will work as well (but i think the ones with Use core will be needed, but maybe the ones with Fill will work as well), but still its not real early game.

I also tried golems once (Use, Fill, Decanting), and I couldn't get them to work.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Tales of the Fusion Noob

I finished my Processing Arrays yesterday and started a "dry run" to make Tritium and Deuterium. No explosions - good !

I hadn't realized how much fluid buffering is in the twenty(20) Processing Arrays, between the Input and Output Hatches and in the machines within the Arrays - 320 machines total !

Making 256 buckets of Tritium was relatively fast, but backpressuing enough Deutrium to make 256 buckets of excess took much, much longer. I've now gone through about 1B EU (10x full Energy Orbs) and have backpressured the system with Tritium and Deuterium, but not yet Hydrogen. By the time the entire system is backpressured, I figure I'll have quite a bit of Fusion fuel and intermediary fluids buffered.

Reactor-wise, I have most of it built and assembled. I'm just waiting on the last of the Chrome for the last LuV casings to get processed.

Overall, it's quite a grind. I have needed massive quantities of:
  • Redstone (for Ruby, Chrome, and Red Alloy)
  • Tungstensteel (for Processing Arrays)
  • Steel (LV machine casings and various bits)
  • Iron (to make huge quantities of LV motors)
  • Tin Wire
  • Copper Wire
  • Rubber
  • etc.,.
I don't know how I would have reasonably done it without centrifuging 100,000+ buckets (yes, buckets) of lava. And, getting that much lava requires either pumping the Nether or using massive amounts of energy to Fluid Extract bee phosphour.

As for Redstone, I've had to mine over 10 full veins of the stuff. Bees have been awfully tempting for that much Redstone spam.

I started off trying to make Steel via EBF, but I needed those EBF cycles for Tungsten(steel) and Silicon. So, I started making Steel via Thaumcraft (Wax + Metallum from excess copper from centrifuging).

As much of a grind as it's been, it would have been even more of a grind without Thaumcraft.

Reactions: Pyure

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I also tried golems once (Use, Fill, Decanting), and I couldn't get them to work.

I had the same problem with golems so I was looking at this thread:

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11587

and there wvk states "You will have to supply water filled buckets, but is is easy enough to automate."

hopefully one of you smart guys can take a look at that and help me out with the "easy" part. ;)

As it stands now I am using Dlur's suggestion of stacks at a time so I have built a box around the cauldron so I do not automatically pick up all the dust and then manually bucket the water into it as fast as I can until I cannot get water to go in there anymore then climb up to collect the fruits of my labor. That is working much faster than throwing 3 and refilling, but if I could automate it so that I just need to come back before it despawns in 5 mnutes that would be even better.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding filling a cauldron with water using a golem, I believe squeezy on the public InfiTech server is doing this in his base from a Thirsty Tank. I'm not sure how, but it seems to work so I know it's possible.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Regarding filling a cauldron with water using a golem, I believe squeezy on the public InfiTech server is doing this in his base from a Thirsty Tank. I'm not sure how, but it seems to work so I know it's possible.
Not sure where a thirsty tank would fit in with golems there.

Makes me wonder if the glyph of siphoning would work though, it distributes liquids into adjacent containers. But no golems would be involved there.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure where a thirsty tank would fit in with golems there.

Makes me wonder if the glyph of siphoning would work though, it distributes liquids into adjacent containers. But no golems would be involved there.

I can check it, but I doubt it will work, since cauldron doesn't appear to be registered as inventory.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I can check it, but I doubt it will work, since cauldron doesn't appear to be registered as inventory.
I'm of the same opinion. I wouldn't have even thought about it except dlur mentioned someone else got cauldrons filling in conjunction with thirsty tanks, one way or the other.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Care must be taken when distinguishing between vanilla cauldrons and Thaumcrat crucibles. Cauldrons are extremely difficult/secretive technique/impossible to automate. I'll believe in cauldron automation when I see it.

Crucibles are trivial. However, ores don't wash in crucibles.

The painful ore when GT6 limits ore-washing to 1 at a time is Redstone. One needs a *fair* amount of Redstone to make the 1st centrifuge.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Care must be taken when distinguishing between vanilla cauldrons and Thaumcrat crucibles. Cauldrons are extremely difficult/secretive technique/impossible to automate. I'll believe in cauldron automation when I see it.

Crucibles are trivial.
I suspect you've nailed the miscommunication right here.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'll double-check tonight when I get home, but I could swear I saw a vanilla cauldron being filled by a golem using a bucket. Maybe I mis-remembered though. I'm guessing Aiwendil knows where it is (just inside the door to the left when entering from the nether portal).

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I'll double-check tonight when I get home, but I could swear I saw a vanilla cauldron being filled by a golem using a bucket. Maybe I mis-remembered though. I'm guessing Aiwendil knows where it is (just inside the door to the left when entering from the nether portal).

If you confirm, please document how the golem is either:

A) dropping the bucket
B) re-filling it

I could get a Use golem to fill the cauldron with a full bucket, but that's it. The golem was useless after that, no matter how I configured him. I did't try any shard upgrades like Entropy or Order, though.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'm started out with automated alchemy to make alumentum and also transmute steel. I set everything up and product a bit of material, but then the alchemical construct will just stop drawing essentia from the alembics and I can't seem to figure out why. I've tried using a standard 1 essentia tube distance between the alembic and construct. I've tried butting them up against each other. No matter what I seem to do things hang.

STuck Steel:
b131oOY.png

9HTviJt.png

WUQ3OgT.png

Stuck Alumentum:
uD5Tijm.png

hWw1epv.png

9hj84Qd.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm started out with automated alchemy to make alumentum and also transmute steel. I set everything up and product a bit of material, but then the alchemical construct will just stop drawing essentia from the alembics and I can't seem to figure out why. I've tried using a standard 1 essentia tube distance between the alembic and construct. I've tried butting them up against each other. No matter what I seem to do things hang.
Only thing I can think of is that at some point you crossed the streams with your essentia. If those pipes ever start drawing the wrong essentia, they can get stuck. So long as they never connect/interact though you should be fine.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Use essentia resonator on the construct and pipe. Maybe there's some rogue bit of essentia inside. It happens sometimes, even if pipes don't connect (I suppose that occasionally, maybe during a lag, the game will consider the 2 pipes as connected and some essentia will get in). It happened to me several times.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so on the steel transmutation one there was a single messis stuck in the essentia tube. I broke the tube and replaced it and for a few moments the construct ran full speed spitting out steel nuggets as fast as the furnace could break down the ordo. And then it just slowed to a crawl. The construct shows full suction, the ordo essentia tube is 127 suction and the messis tube going to the void jar is 30 suction. But both albemics on the furnace show 0 Untyped suction. The candelberries are still burning in the alchemical furnace, but SLOW. I'm still getting steel nuggets, but it's like 1 nugget per minute, when normal operation is 1 a second.

If I remove the messis void jar, it speeds up a bit, until the messis labeled albemic reaches 32 essentia points, then it stops completely. If I attach the void jar again the messis quickly drains out of the albemic, then it goes back to doing 1 steel nugget per minute again.

I think a bellows on the furnace might help, but I shouldn't really need one to get steady production speed, just faster production speed.

Also, on the alumentum construct I get 0 untyped suction everywhere I look. I ended up breaking the construct. Gonna go refill my wand and redo it, see if that fixes it.

Edit: Welp, I broke the construct I am trying to use for alumentum and then rebuilt it. It still has 0 untyped suction and doesn't work at all.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
are all your jars labelled? Alchemy seems to run much more slowly if you have unlabelled jars in use, I'm guessing its having to re-trace the suction route.

Reactions: MigukNamja

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it will help but I run my void jar pipes on the opposite side of the alembics away from the construct so that I never have to use a wand to disconnect them.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, everything is labeled.
Little self promotion in place:

One thing i changed in that setup was to put Messis on top... I am using 4 Alchemical furnaces to break the Candleberries, feeded with Alumentum to speed up the process even faster. Makes 1 Steel Ingot in 5-6s :D Video after that I have the changes done, and you can see it in process.

edit: In all honesty you have it similiar to mine. But even then it should not take a minute per nugget. Maybe 30s max per Ingot.

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Also @Dlur100 its on the Official IT server right? Maybe lag is in place (as it is for some reason on there for quite some time). Did you test that out on SP?