[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Listing is not the priority.. its currently better this way, because if it will get listed, it will mean more players (awesome) but also more work for me. And i dont have time to spare currently
I know listing isn't the priority. It's just that this modpack's popularity could have gotten it listed. Then again FTB hasn't had any third party modpack with GregTech in it listed...
Wouldn't you want some people to work with you? I don't know if this has been discussed a while ago, but still an idea...

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
I mean somethin collaborators. Perhaps people who continuously work on the project, to the extent that they earn credit.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That's all happening. Jason has a crew of testers who do QA on his stuff on a regular basis, and he gives credit for that. He also has peeps writing content for him on his HQM-type projects.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
In GT 5.09 crops need metal blocks below them. In this case a GT lead block. I plant to make it oredict and work for blocks and ores, but not working yet.
Oh I see.. I put down IC2 Lead Block. Time to switch the unifications around I guess.

edit: hmm there is no option for blocks in unification.cfg :(

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
@Blood Asp: Ok I have put spawned in GT Lead Block under the Plubilia crop.... 5 minutes later still at GrowthPoints 0/1200

I am supplying it with Nutrient and Water

edit: I have also jhust for sake of testing spawned in Crop Matron and filled it with Fertilizer and Water... 20 minutes... still not a single point in GP :(

Last edited:

rotten84

Jul 29, 2019
my server want to run this pack but we are running whit plugins any one know how to get this pack running whit plugins

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Now I have Coppon, Tine, and Plumbilia... none of them wants to grow to the final stage. they have everything they should have and I put block of required metal underneath... :( I give up until someone tells me what i could be doing wrong

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know exactly how EU transmission losses work?

It all looks simple on the face of it, but I was running some tests and I have some confusing results.

I set up two 4-slot LV battery buffers, with one outputting directly into the next. The other buffer connects to nothing. I then placed a full 100 kEU LV lithium battery into the first buffer and an empty 100 kEU LV lithium battery into the second buffer. The first round of discharging evidently some 8192EU goes into charging the battery buffer's internal storage. After the first discharge cycle I was left with a battery with 81,312EU (and a presumable full internal buffer on one of the battery buffers)

For subsequent rounds of discharging, my results were (note the column alignment, I don't know a nice way to format a table here):

Start_EU End_EU Lost_EU Packets_sent@32EU-V Loss_per_packet
81312 71968 9344 2541 3.67
71968 63712 8256 2249 3.67
63712 56384 7328 1991 3.68
56384 49888 6496 1762 3.69
49888 44160 5728 1559 3.67
44160 39072 5088 1380 3.69
39072 34592 4480 1221 3.67

I would have thought that in this experiment I would either have lost 2EU per packet (2EU lost when sending), or 4EU per packet (2EU lost from battery to containing buffer, 2EU lost sending). How on earth can I be losing a non integer number of EU per packet sent?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know exactly how EU transmission losses work?

It all looks simple on the face of it, but I was running some tests and I have some confusing results.

I set up two 4-slot LV battery buffers, with one outputting directly into the next. The other buffer connects to nothing. I then placed a full 100 kEU LV lithium battery into the first buffer and an empty 100 kEU LV lithium battery into the second buffer. The first round of discharging evidently some 8192EU goes into charging the battery buffer's internal storage. After the first discharge cycle I was left with a battery with 81,312EU (and a presumable full internal buffer on one of the battery buffers)

For subsequent rounds of discharging, my results were (note the column alignment, I don't know a nice way to format a table here):

Start_EU End_EU Lost_EU Packets_sent@32EU-V Loss_per_packet
81312 71968 9344 2541 3.67
71968 63712 8256 2249 3.67
63712 56384 7328 1991 3.68
56384 49888 6496 1762 3.69
49888 44160 5728 1559 3.67
44160 39072 5088 1380 3.69
39072 34592 4480 1221 3.67

I would have thought that in this experiment I would either have lost 2EU per packet (2EU lost when sending), or 4EU per packet (2EU lost from battery to containing buffer, 2EU lost sending). How on earth can I be losing a non integer number of EU per packet sent?

I don't know how the non-cable blocks work in terms of loss. I can't figure out a clean calculation to account for that loss between 2 battery buffers.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Ok here it is at last, my Fusion Build :). Took a while to build, but it's finally done.

I went for the deuterium-tritium reaction, since it provided the most challenge to process and automate:

K2F1npi.png

This is a beast, totalling 20 processing arrays. 10 for LV centrifuges (deuterium), 2 for MV centrifuges (tritium) and 8 for LV electrolyzers (hydrogen). I'm supplying water using 6 Thirsty tanks (with guzzler glyphs), located below the arrays. Oxygen cells are going to 2 LV Fluid Canners from which empty cells go back to the arrays (using enderio item conduits with round robin to distribute evenly between input buses). As you can see 2 arrays feed deuterium directly to the reactor (yellow conduit).

This lever in front controls all the arrays, using machine controllers and gt redstone covers. 1 switch to turn them on/off at once :). It also turns on the fusion reactor as well.

uFhq4nO.jpg

The reactor. Not much to say here :). I'm using 6 LuV energy hatches since with 4 it didn't work. It's supposed to be 10m EU per hatch and somehow with 4 hatches I had 39999488 EU inside the reactor. Needless to say that it wouldn't start :D.

95CZyUs.jpg

Another half of my reactor. Excess plasma is stored in the bedrockium drum. In the background you can see the turbine room. The red lamp lits up when the turbine is working.

56xntzd.jpg

4rDu4Zl.jpg

My turbine room. EU is stored in 12 MFSUs (for my EV and lower machines) and in an IV battery buffer for my IV machines (not many :D). You'll notice a redstone conduit in the middle. This is my turbine control - when all MFSUs are full the turbine will stop working. This way I'm not wasting the rotor (large naquadah alloy), which is actually going down quite fast.

I'm using fluid regulator to feed the turbine 156mb/s, which is about how much I'm getting from the reactor.

I think that's about it. I'm happy with this build, it was pretty exciting but also tedious to make. If you have any question feel free to ask.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Ok here it is at last, my Fusion Build :). Took a while to build, but it's finally done.

I went for the deuterium-tritium reaction, since it provided the most challenge to process and automate:

K2F1npi.png

This is a beast, totalling 20 processing arrays. 10 for LV centrifuges (deuterium), 2 for MV centrifuges (tritium) and 8 for LV electrolyzers (hydrogen). I'm supplying water using 6 Thirsty tanks (with guzzler glyphs), located below the arrays. Oxygen cells are going to 2 LV Fluid Canners from which empty cells go back to the arrays (using enderio item conduits with round robin to distribute evenly between input buses). As you can see 2 arrays feed deuterium directly to the reactor (yellow conduit).

This lever in front controls all the arrays, using machine controllers and gt redstone covers. 1 switch to turn them on/off at once :). It also turns on the fusion reactor as well.

uFhq4nO.jpg

The reactor. Not much to say here :). I'm using 6 LuV energy hatches since with 4 it didn't work. It's supposed to be 10m EU per hatch and somehow with 4 hatches I had 39999488 EU inside the reactor. Needless to say that it wouldn't start :D.

95CZyUs.jpg

Another half of my reactor. Excess plasma is stored in the bedrockium drum. In the background you can see the turbine room. The red lamp lits up when the turbine is working.

56xntzd.jpg

4rDu4Zl.jpg

My turbine room. EU is stored in 12 MFSUs (for my EV and lower machines) and in an IV battery buffer for my IV machines (not many :D). You'll notice a redstone conduit in the middle. This is my turbine control - when all MFSUs are full the turbine will stop working. This way I'm not wasting the rotor (large naquadah alloy), which is actually going down quite fast.

I'm using fluid regulator to feed the turbine 156mb/s, which is about how much I'm getting from the reactor.

I think that's about it. I'm happy with this build, it was pretty exciting but also tedious to make. If you have any question feel free to ask.

BTW this was built on official Infitech2 server run by Groveham :).

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
That's amazing Aiwen, looks great :)

Any clue how much eu/t you're generating? I realize you don't have a good tool to gauge this.

Well total gain is about 32-35k EU/t (measured in SP using stopwatch, so not exactly the most precise). Net gain would be minus 4k EU/t for the reaction, 160x20=3200 EU/t for lv centrifuges, 32x80=2560 EU/t for mv centrifuges and 120x30=3600 EU/t for electolyzers. All that is about 13300 EU/t for processing+reaction, which leaves me with about 20k EU/t net gain.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried to have a look at Blood Asp's github for the source, but as everything is a metaitem made from templates, and the interfaces for the metaitems don't give any information on what is actually going on, I couldn't even find where to look for the calculations.

I tried the above experiment with a line of 10 1xTin cable between the buffers, and there the loss per packet was 12.57 EU. I would have expected it to be 10EU/packet more loss than before...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm guessing fractions of eu are sent under certain circumstances, just like we consume fractions of water/steam millibuckets when processing steam.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing fractions of eu are sent under certain circumstances, just like we consume fractions of water/steam millibuckets when processing steam.

I didn't think this would happen, given Greg's dislike of floating point for energy, but you know more about the internal workings than me. If you or Blood Asp or someone who knows the internals of the code could point me in the right direction then I could follow it through and share my findings, but I don't want to spend extra hours reading through huge volumes of code just to find where to start looking.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

K2F1npi.png

uFhq4nO.jpg

95CZyUs.jpg

56xntzd.jpg

4rDu4Zl.jpg

That looks really nice... I hope you will not mind if I will use some of your pictures for the new main menu look :)

With that said... if anyone feels like sharing more of similiar screenshots, which shows your builds (can be just your factories buildings and stuff), feel free to send them to me directly to [email protected] or just PM here on forum and if I will like them, they will appear in the menu as well.

Last edited: