[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
OK guys, I need your help.

I'm trying to figure out which turbine would be best for my fusion reactor. And I don't really understand it. Wiki says that helium plasma max output is 32k eu/t. Wiki also says that 1L/s plasma = 2EU/t. How is that possible if I'm only getting 125L plasma every 16 ticks, so about 156L/s? Where am I doing this wrong?

Also what turbine would you guys suggest? Naquadah alloy? Iridium? Something else? I don't think I'll be able to get max power with 1 turbine since most of them can't produce 32k eu/t, so I'm probably gonna make 2. Which ones do you recommend then?

You'll need to match the flow rate. And, make sure you look at durability. Some have a durability of 10 hours or less. Some have a durability of over 2 weeks.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
OK guys, I need your help.

I'm trying to figure out which turbine would be best for my fusion reactor. And I don't really understand it. Wiki says that helium plasma max output is 32k eu/t. Wiki also says that 1L/s plasma = 2EU/t. How is that possible if I'm only getting 125L plasma every 16 ticks, so about 156L/s? Where am I doing this wrong?

Also what turbine would you guys suggest? Naquadah alloy? Iridium? Something else? I don't think I'll be able to get max power with 1 turbine since most of them can't produce 32k eu/t, so I'm probably gonna make 2. Which ones do you recommend then?
I would suggest to not use naquadah alloy because a turbine needs ALOT so you can only make max 5 and you are out of naquadah and you have to change your setup again (also you need it for a stargate) which is why I think iridium is better and you have tons of it anyway.

I'm using Oxygen Plasma with a iridium turbine and it needs exactly 2mb/t ... maybe that helps you :)

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Where do you see this?

Well I read it wrong, sorry. So I counted that with a Naquadah Alloy Large Turbine I would need 75L/t. With 1 tritium reactor I'm getting 125L every 16 ticks, so 7,8L/t. So I'm looking for about 2500L/s turbine item. Am I right? Because if I'm right, there's not many good choices.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well I read it wrong, sorry. So I counted that with a Naquadah Alloy Large Turbine I would need 75L/t. With 1 tritium reactor I'm getting 125L every 16 ticks, so 7,8L/t. So I'm looking for about 2500L/s turbine item. Am I right? Because if I'm right, there's not many good choices.
Dunno if 2500 is right, but if it is, you have options. You can do two turbines, a 2000 + 500, or if you don't run your turbine fulltime, you could also choke down to a 2000 and just let the plasma build up for later.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I think this math on wiki is misleading. I just did some counting, and it looks like feeding a naquadah alloy large turbine 156L/s (so about how much I'm gonna get out of reactor) Helium plasma I'm getting about 32k EU/t.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hey me again with Logistics Pipes crafting question. Currently I am having a problem with items getting stuck inside machines.

When i request whole bunch of items that needs to be crafted sometimes for example Wires are getting stuck in Wiremill, because they are excess? Maybe because recipe requires 3 wires, so the 3 wires will get pulled out, but the 4th one will stay in and jam the whole system. I tried to set my Wiremill to auto-extract items back "into" the pipe with Crafting Module, which works, but the crafting process is not then detected as successfull, making it to wait for the wires which are already made, but were n ot pulled by the Crafting Module. Solutions? (except make Wiremill for each wire)

When I request 3 Copper Wires, I will get 3 and the 1 excess goes to storage where I have ItemSink with default route. But when I request 3 Copper and immediately 3 Tin Wires, the 4th copper wire gets stuck inside the Wiremill

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Or you know what.. no.. i dont want any help... I am ditching my idea of using Logistic Pipes for autocrafting. I love LP, I like when I can see stuff actually move through the pipes... but this is driving me insane.... i spent around 30hrs total on making autocrafting of 5 basic parts for machines (motors, conveyors etc...). Its getting stuck, items are landing in places where they have no way of getting there... NO.... In those 30hrs I wasted I could move into MV age and started to work on AE system.

Phew... now i feel bit better when i got it out of my system :)

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Or you know what.. no.. i dont want any help... I am ditching my idea of using Logistic Pipes for autocrafting. I love LP, I like when I can see stuff actually move through the pipes... but this is driving me insane.... i spent around 30hrs total on making autocrafting of 5 basic parts for machines (motors, conveyors etc...). Its getting stuck, items are landing in places where they have no way of getting there... NO.... In those 30hrs I wasted I could move into MV age and started to work on AE system.

Phew... now i feel bit better when i got it out of my system :)

No, don't quit. It is rewarding once it is figured out. I ran into the same issues long ago; a different pack. What I ended up doing was pulling the crafting pipes back away from the machines and onto chests. I would have pipes auto pulling from the insert chests into the machines so anything that lands in that chest will get put into the machine. I then had the machines auto eject into pipes that go back to that same chest. In this way the machines never clog, the crafting never fails and you have a chest full of backlog in case of some serious crafting needs. Also, the crafting pipe will pull items out of that chest before the pipe that inserts into machines gets a chance to. I never did figure out why that was. I expanding this design onto ender chests to support more crafting recipes.

I also did something to pull the extra crafting products out of the chest and back into the network... I don't remember what I did for that. I think I will try to build this again in a creative world and get back to you with specifics aligned to this pack.

EDIT: Crafting pipes don't beat out other pipes. I had to add a filter cause I would occasionally send the wires into the wiremill. I suspect that the last pack I built this on simply didn't have valid recipes for the products produced. No gregtech last time, just IC2.

Last edited:

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Here @Jason McRay I built it for you and documented what needs to be done to make it work.

https://imgur.com/a/Mi99z

If you would like I can add in autocrafting to the system instead of only auto machining. It shouldn't change anything though.
You could also pipe the output of all machines into a small me system (only storage bus + interfaces) and connect all chassis pipe with crafting modules to the interfaces and use satelite pipes to send the input to the machines.

Last edited:

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa, this pack is still alive? I'm surprised it still isn't listed. inb4 it actually is and I'm an idiot
You might remember me as "papermariottydfan".

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Crop noob asking a question... My Plumbilia crop does not want to grow to the last stage. What am I missing? I tried to put lead ore and lead block underneath it, but to no avail....

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Crop noob asking a question... My Plumbilia crop does not want to grow to the last stage. What am I missing? I tried to put lead ore and lead block underneath it, but to no avail....
afaik plumbilia doesn't require anything special to finish. Only thing I can think of is that its not receiving quite enough light, is your farm underground/under a roof by any chance?

It certainly doesn't require ore underneath, unless a change has been made to crops recently.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa, this pack is still alive? I'm surprised it still isn't listed. inb4 it actually is and I'm an idiot
You might remember me as "papermariottydfan".
Listing is not the priority.. its currently better this way, because if it will get listed, it will mean more players (awesome) but also more work for me. And i dont have time to spare currently

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
afaik plumbilia doesn't require anything special to finish. Only thing I can think of is that its not receiving quite enough light, is your farm underground/under a roof by any chance?

It certainly doesn't require ore underneath, unless a change has been made to crops recently.
It has direct path to the sunlight.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If its suffering from lack of quality environment, (nutrient level, elevation, hydration) that can cause it to fail as well.

Do you have a crop-matron nearby? If not, try that. Make sure its stocked with the stuff it wants (hydration cells and fertilizer anyway, weed-ex isn't necessary)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
In GT 5.09 crops need metal blocks below them. In this case a GT lead block. I plant to make it oredict and work for blocks and ores, but not working yet.