[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
And, I tried the Robot Arm, but the Large Turbine controller block wouldn't take it. So, I indeed don't believe there is a way to automate the rotor replacement, which leans towards long-life rotors that can be checked every few days, which is as long or longer than the maintenance on the maintenance hatch.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
And, I tried the Robot Arm, but the Large Turbine controller block wouldn't take it. So, I indeed don't believe there is a way to automate the rotor replacement, which leans towards long-life rotors that can be checked every few days, which is as long or longer than the maintenance on the maintenance hatch.
Shrug, I'll probably look into the robot arm/inventory thing. Doubt its something we can do anything about, but its worth a look. I'd prefer if high-tech gizmos like robotic arms could be useful in this scenario.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong? I have an Active Supplier Module inside Chasis Pipe attached to a chest. I set it to keep FULL on 4x Electric Motors and 4x Conveyors. i have an autocrafting Logistics System for those two. But the Suplier module just doesnt work. I can request Motors and Conveyors just fine, so I am not missing anything. But the chest is just not getting supplied... Anyone?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong? I have an Active Supplier Module inside Chasis Pipe attached to a chest. I set it to keep FULL on 4x Electric Motors and 4x Conveyors. i have an autocrafting Logistics System for those two. But the Suplier module just doesnt work. I can request Motors and Conveyors just fine, so I am not missing anything. But the chest is just not getting supplied... Anyone?
Full means it will ONLY request 4 items at the same time and crafting recipes make 1 item so it cannot get 4 items at the same time.
You should set it to Partial if it should fill the chest until it has 4 items inside.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Full means it will ONLY request 4 items at the same time and crafting recipes make 1 item so it cannot get 4 items at the same time.
You should set it to Partial if it should fill the chest until it has 4 items inside.
Still nothing... It just doesnt want to craft anything

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I set it to keep 10 tin wires, and it crafted them now just fine... But why is that not working for Motors and Conveyors?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I set it to keep 10 tin wires, and it crafted them now just fine... But why is that not working for Motors and Conveyors?
Ah forgot about it xD thats a problem with lp / gt / nei and shift clicking (some) gt items into the crafting table.
https://github.com/RS485/LogisticsPipes/issues/769

edit: RIght now its only problem with the gt conveyor / pump / piston but it works when you manually place the recipe into the crafting table / pipe

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So you think if i put items into the Logistic Crafting table manualy to show the recipe, it should work?

But why I can request said items with no issue, but cant supply the chest with Active Supplier Module?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
But why I can request said items with no issue, but cant supply the chest with Active Supplier Module?
Hm if you can request items normally and only the active supplier module has problems then that could be something new but I'm out of ideas.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok for some reason it started to work now.

Edit: but doesnt work on Multiplayer... hmm...

Last edited:

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, my Thorium reactor blew up and i dont know why. I had 110% cooling capacity, a failsafe for hot coolant overflow and it allready survived 4 cycles...

Anyway, now im searcching for a better design, i would love something with a higher power output, but i dont care about efficency. Anyone got good reactor designs?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, my Thorium reactor blew up and i dont know why. I had 110% cooling capacity, a failsafe for hot coolant overflow and it allready survived 4 cycles...

Anyway, now im searcching for a better design, i would love something with a higher power output, but i dont care about efficency. Anyone got good reactor designs?

Hot Coolant dump doesn't solve the 'lack of cool coolant' issue.

Did you auto-insert fuel rods ?

And, did any components break/burn-up/or fall out ?

Did you do any movement of the IC2 pressure vessel blocks (walls) at any time and not *thoroughly* double-check the GUI to make sure no components disappeared ?

Does it span a chunk boundary and did 1 chunk unload ?

Did your LHE break down or otherwise need serious maintenance, thus not re-supplying the reactor with cool coolant ?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hot Coolant dump doesn't solve the 'lack of cool coolant' issue.

Did you auto-insert fuel rods ?

And, did any components break/burn-up/or fall out ?

Did you do any movement of the IC2 pressure vessel blocks (walls) at any time and not *thoroughly* double-check the GUI to make sure no components disappeared ?

Does it span a chunk boundary and did 1 chunk unload ?

Did your LHE break down or otherwise need serious maintenance, thus not re-supplying the reactor with cool coolant ?
That's crazy Elthy. No idea what could have happened. If you didn't have a failsafe for excessive hot coolant, I'd look there, but since you do, it seems like you've covered all your bases. My next best guess would be chunkloading: if any of your reactor infrastructure gets partially unloaded, that can create serious problems.

If you're already using a 5-quad thorium reactor, you're probably using the best you can do with thorium.

Also, I see Miguk just ninja'd me :)

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I made sure the whole package is in one chunk, also i inserted that much coolant that it cant run out of cool one before it applies the emercency shutdown. My design was only 4 thorium (the one you posted a few weeks ago), is there one with 5?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My design was only 4 thorium (the one you posted a few weeks ago), is there one with 5?
Blackpalt provided another one that I liked. I think Miguk is using this one too.
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...552wxr78xai85h87h5f5sr2wbxfivpap2vu79muqueeps

Alternately if you can't open the app:
upload_2015-8-25_11-49-56.png

Its slightly less efficient in passive-mode. I wouldn't be surprised if its actually more efficient in 5x5 mode.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
OK guys, I need your help.

I'm trying to figure out which turbine would be best for my fusion reactor. And I don't really understand it. Wiki says that helium plasma max output is 32k eu/t. Wiki also says that 1L/s plasma = 2EU/t. How is that possible if I'm only getting 125L plasma every 16 ticks, so about 156L/s? Where am I doing this wrong?

Also what turbine would you guys suggest? Naquadah alloy? Iridium? Something else? I don't think I'll be able to get max power with 1 turbine since most of them can't produce 32k eu/t, so I'm probably gonna make 2. Which ones do you recommend then?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Its slightly less efficient in passive-mode. I wouldn't be surprised if its actually more efficient in 5x5 mode.

4x quad design outputs ~890 Hu/s. 5x quad outputs ~1070 Hu/t. Both have the same runtime.

890 /4 = 223 Hu / t / quad
1070 / 5 = 214 Hu / t / quad

Not a huge difference.

I'm mixing both designs : 2 of each, to get close to 4000 Hu/t to get max. efficiency on the LHE.

FWIW, the 4-quad is *slightly* cheaper to build since it has lower-cost components.