[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Outta curiosity, is an Enderthermic Pump the best way to drain the nether? How well would an upgraded Thirsty Tank perform in the same scenario? (Assume Guzzler upgrades, or whatever the speed upgrades are called)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Also if i calculated it right, a Ender Thermic pump must be moved about every 12h to supply a single LHE with enough Lava to make SHS. And moving a pump absolutely can't be automated.

By SHS, I'm assuming you mean 2000mB/t of SHS, which means ~6K EU/t. That's still an astounding amount of power for Nether lava.

And 1 Nether pump every 12 hours is trivial compared to the time and planning (brainpower) required to gather resources and build a comparable IC2 pressure vessel reactor setup (i.e. 4 reactor's worth) - ignoring the nuclear fuel gathering/processing time costs.

And, one could easily lengthen the Nether pump maintenance interval by planting more of them at once. Plant 14 of them at once, and that's a once-per-week maintenance cycle.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
And 1 Nether pump every 12 hours is trivial compared to the time and planning (brainpower) required to gather resources and build a comparable IC2 pressure vessel reactor setup (i.e. 4 reactor's worth) - ignoring the nuclear fuel gathering/processing time costs.
I'm not sure, but its possible our thorium reactors kinda suck for heat output. U235 reactors may be better for this and not require 4 of the things.

Also Blood's hellbent on buffing IC2 reactors :p

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Outta curiosity, is an Enderthermic Pump the best way to drain the nether? How well would an upgraded Thirsty Tank perform in the same scenario? (Assume Guzzler upgrades, or whatever the speed upgrades are called)

I think it's the best way, yes. The Thirsty Tank has depth problems. It can't drain deep pools of liquids. And, it has the BC pump problem of leaving flowing lava. That causes TPS or FPS issues on slower computers.

Reactions: zBob

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 fluid reactors are hard capped by the max heat the vents can handle. Using SHS the max output should be about 700EU/t. For the EU reactor it is possible to reach 1200EU/t. Still the efficiency per uranium is higher in fluid reactors.

By SHS, I'm assuming you mean 2000mB/t of SHS, which means ~6K EU/t. That's still an astounding amount of power for Nether lava.
I calculated with that half the max is enough for SHS, so 3000EU/t for 12h. This is considering that the enderpump has a full 10 block deep lava lake. Usually there are some areas not so deep, so it is likely less.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Cruds72

Jul 29, 2019
What to do? The Gregtech wires are not connected to Steam Turbine from Railcraft. Or may be others you want to connect? How to connect wires?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Who loved the RedPower2 frames?

It would be awesome to have the frames in Infitech2.
Funky Locomotion is the mod that adds those frames so everyone who wants to have frames -> https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/issues/341.

edit: If you don't know anything about frames then watch one of the things I build when we still had redpower2 :)

or watch this mod spotlight by direwolf

Last edited:

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Who loved the RedPower2 frames?

It would be awesome to have the frames in Infitech2.
Funky Locomotion is the mod that adds those frames so everyone who wants to have frames -> https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/issues/341.

I would like to see this added; I had actually forgotten all about it. I usually add this to any pack I play.

I like to build a black hole of sorts using AE2 annihilation planes on frames in an omnidirectional cube. I can send the cube anywhere in any direction and it will eat everything. this only became possible when the annihilation planes, cables and funky locomotion covers became multiparts.

Reactions: DarknessShadow

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I like to build a black hole of sorts using AE2 annihilation planes on frames in an omnidirectional cube. I can send the cube anywhere in any direction and it will eat everything. this only became possible when the annihilation planes, cables and funky locomotion covers became multiparts
Btw it was possible with redpower2 to make something that can go into every direction (except up and down).
Somone once build that on the server and I saw it :)

Do you plan to make a panic room inside that black hole frame machine? (dont forget the security station so nobody else can go inside xD)

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Btw it was possible with redpower2 to make something that can go into every direction (except up and down).
Somone once build that on the server and I saw it :)

Do you plan to make a panic room inside that black hole frame machine? (dont forget the security station so nobody else can go inside xD)

I built it too. It was my mobile lava world pumping station when I used to abuse lava power :)

I built it in a solid cube; the engine components that is, with my pumping/logistics station on top. It could move in the cardinal directions and it was compact. One of the coolest things to tackle with these frame machines was the logistics around the bluepower batteries.

I gotta give credit where it is due though, I did not come up with this design :( I ran across it while researching what this whole frame things actually was:

No panic room for me... I only play with friends on a personal server so an "attack" or raid, I am not concerned about. I will of course have a way to get inside. Likely teleportation, but it is tricky on frames. Most teleportation blocks don't like being moved.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I built it too. It was my mobile lava world pumping station when I used to abuse lava power :)

I built it in a solid cube; the engine components that is, with my pumping/logistics station on top. It could move in the cardinal directions and it was compact.

I gotta give credit where it is due though, I did not come up with this design :( I ran across it while researching what this whole frame things actually was:
Oh thats a big missunderstanding ... I know that we can move them in every direction but I mean I saw a mining machine that could dig tunnels north, east, west and south.

This here is an early version of my frame quarry (didnt make videos for the better versions after that).

No panic room for me... I only play with friends on a personal server so an "attack" or raid, I am not concerned about. I will of course have a way to get inside. Likely teleportation, but it is tricky on frames. Most teleportation blocks don't like being moved
The IC2 teleporter worked for me. I used it to transport items to my base before I knew about enderchests ;D

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Oh thats a big missunderstanding ... I know that we can move them in every direction but I mean I saw a mining machine that could dig tunnels north, east, west and south.

This here is an early version of my frame quarry (didnt make videos for the better versions after that).

Video is private.

A boring machine that can mine in mutli directions before covers would be a sight to see :eek: It would have to retract the sides that are 90 degrees off from the direction of travel or it would get hung up. I never tackled that problem myself. The complexity there is something else altogether.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Video is private.

A boring machine that can mine in mutli directions before covers would be a sight to see :eek: It would have to retract the sides that are 90 degrees off from the direction of travel or it would get hung up. I never tackled that problem myself. The complexity there is something else altogether.
Oh didn't notice it was private :) Now you can watch it.

As far as I can remember it didn't retract anything but rather than moving in a straight line it dug a tunnel that was wider than the machine itself with the help of a computer and some complicated moving to the sides and back and forth.
But sadly I did not fully understand it at the time :( I only knew it worked^^

edit: actually i made a video for one of the better design :)

Last edited:

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
Oh didn't notice it was private :) Now you can watch it.

As far as I can remember it didn't retract anything but rather than moving in a straight line it dug a tunnel that was wider than the machine itself with the help of a computer and some complicated moving to the sides and back and forth.
But sadly I did not fully understand it at the time :( I only knew it worked^^

Nice saving on materials; the block breakers. Back then I made a wall of them instead of the back and forth motion.

My tunnel bore could only move forward. It was a 16x16 wall of blockbreakers. The bore would place torches for me on the walls as it went, had the portal gun teleportation thingy, the item handling logistics as well as the blue power battery logistics.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Nice saving on materials; the block breakers. Back then I made a wall of them instead of the back and forth motion.

My tunnel bore could only move forward. It was a 16x16 wall of blockbreakers. The bore would place torches for me on the walls as it went, had the portal gun teleportation thingy, the item handling logistics as well as the blue power battery logistics.
I build the quarry when redpower2 didn't have the tubes inside frames so I had no choice but to move the block breaker to the side :)