[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, is there anything in this pack that requires a regular supply of Nether Stars?
Magic generators? Although it's not really regular, considering each nether star should be able to run an LV gen for 36 hours. They provide 100mil EU at base for reference, I mean they're annoying as hell to get before MV tech but they are quite good. The MV is because of The Ender, the dark steel sword, when it's upgraded with a vibrant crystal and enchanted with Fortune III it gives you a 20% chance of wither skeletons dropping their skull which makes grinding them for skulls so much amazingly better.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. Yeah, I was trying with 5 cobble and then 5 smooth. I didn't realize it was a mixture of the two.

Oh? What does it do then?

75% chance at a bonus output (dust), i.e. 1.75x, not quite 2.0x .

AFAIK, in the latest versions of this pack, AE2 Certus Quartz Ore no longer generates, only GT, and you can't get the whole (non-dust) Certus Quartz from the ore without an Autoclave. And, by the time you have an Autoclave, you have at least 2.0x from GT processing.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
75% chance at a bonus output (dust), i.e. 1.75x, not quite 2.0x .

AFAIK, in the latest versions of this pack, AE2 Certus Quartz Ore no longer generates, only GT, and you can't get the whole (non-dust) Certus Quartz from the ore without an Autoclave. And, by the time you have an Autoclave, you have at least 2.0x from GT processing.
No furnace recipe for certus quartz from ore?

Reactions: MigukNamja

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
No furnace recipe for certus quartz from ore?
I don't recall exactly, but there may have been a furnace recipe to get 1 crystal from 1 ore. Not worth it, since if you use an autoclave you get 3 crystals for one ore on average, and if you use the chemical reactor (?) recipe with sodium dust - which isn't all that hard to come by - you get 4.x crystals per ore.

Regarding the grindstone, it may not give you a big bonus but for me it provided a good way to grind copper and tin in the early game when I built my steam-age machines.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't recall exactly, but there may have been a furnace recipe to get 1 crystal from 1 ore. Not worth it, since if you use an autoclave you get 3 crystals for one ore on average, and if you use the chemical reactor (?) recipe with sodium dust - which isn't all that hard to come by - you get 4.x crystals per ore.

Regarding the grindstone, it may not give you a big bonus but for me it provided a good way to grind copper and tin in the early game when I built my steam-age machines.
At the point that you're looking at grindstones, its worth it :p

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
iirc it was just a minor balance preference of Jason's, there's no big reason you shouldn't turn it back on.

Ah cool. It works beautifully with the boots of the traveller. I finally gave in and have been thaumaturging like a pro over the weekend - should have a tree farm up and running this evening.

Reactions: Tsuko and Pyure

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You sound like me a couple months ago. Don't fight it, thaumcraft isn't essential but its pretty darn close.

Funny really, I quite enjoyed getting this far this time. I don't know, I think the previous times I messed around with TC, there just seemed to be 'better' (for me, I mean) alternatives. Not in this pack, though ;)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Funny really, I quite enjoyed getting this far this time. I don't know, I think the previous times I messed around with TC, there just seemed to be 'better' (for me, I mean) alternatives. Not in this pack, though ;)

LOL, yeah. In most packs, Thaumcraft is "hard" and purely optional. In this pack, however, Thaumcraft is somewhere between "easy" and "fits right in".

While you can certainly proceed through this pack just fine without Thaumcraft, it makes it much easier/smoother.

And, I'm not complaining one bit. Thaumcraft is one of my favorite mods. It has depth, breadth, and looks and feels really cool. It has, IMHO, some of the best multi-block structures that don't require an immersion-breaking UI to operate.

Reactions: Ieldra

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
LOL, yeah. In most packs, Thaumcraft is "hard" and purely optional. In this pack, however, Thaumcraft is somewhere between "easy" and "fits right in".

While you can certainly proceed through this pack just fine without Thaumcraft, it makes it much easier/smoother.

And, I'm not complaining one bit. Thaumcraft is one of my favorite mods. It has depth, breadth, and looks and feels really cool. It has, IMHO, some of the best multi-block structures that don't require an immersion-breaking UI to operate.

It does look really good. It is pretty amazing how someone can come up with the idea in the first place (possibly the hardest thing of all), and then be able to code it AND make it look so good. Azanor is obviously a very talented dude.