[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
A quick question about the map in the game (accessed with the J key). Every time I go into a new world, it erases over the old world's map as I explore. Is there any way to keep this map in its appropriate worlds?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
A quick question about the map in the game (accessed with the J key). Every time I go into a new world, it erases over the old world's map as I explore. Is there any way to keep this map in its appropriate worlds?
This happens if you use identical names for your new worlds. Either name them differently, or delete the Journeymap folder before you create a new one.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Note that skeletons spawning as wither skeletons in the nether 90% of the time is a vanilla mechanic, TT's tablet of necromancy will spawn skeletons in the nether as wither ones 100% of the time as it works differently. However it spawns at a rate of 1 mob/minute which is lower then most spawning methods, it's good for iron golems but for anything else it's generally slower. However with a charged fortune 3 dark steel sword you will average 15 wither skeleton kills per wither, so four nether stars per hour per spawner. The catch is that you can use a killer joe with a cursed spirit blade which will generate the aspects to create another spawner every 81 minutes, so with a bit of patience you can easily scale up fairly cheaply as the cost of necromancy tablets is all in the setup with no cost to run them.

I can confirm killer joe works through walls as well, however they can't collect xp through one it seems. Although really a trap method farming to that used for manual farming is much easier and more reliable. Spawn the wither and have that trigger redstone to activate the piston, wait several seconds and then use whatever killing method you want as it's not going to move and isn't protected by a shield of blocks, you could even use something like golems then if you wanted.

On an entirely different note I've discovered the greedy chest from automagy is actually pretty awesome, never really played with it before but it's actually got a fairly complex set of abilities available to it. You can even build what is essentially a pipe network out of them by just making lines of them, of course as it's five lucrum and an ender pearl each it's not exactly cheap, it can transfer up to 27 stacks/block/tick however, it's also useful as junctions as it can do things such as splitting input in arbitrary percentages when combined with a normal chest, also handling overflow and the like. Support for filtering as well with a tad more work. Sadly those complex splitting stuff tend to be less effective when dealing with a constant stream of small stacks as it's based off tracking items as they get pumped in or current totals but oh well.
I like the greedy chest too :D i use them to split output in my farm so for example: 70% of saplings goes to be processed into herba and fuel other things whilst the remaining 30% stays and is used to replant the saplings to grow into trees, very precise control of input/output, combine greedy chest with magic hourglasses and dispensers and you've great control :D
Oh and magic mirrors... and golems, it all goes together.

I actually did an essentia splitter via golems with that magic hourglass, it works fine but i think tube valves can also work in almost the same manner to split essentia.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion:
How about getting Helium 3 from the moon? That would make sense from a real life standpoint and would provide a good reason to have infrastructure there. I would suggest to have it only in the Moon Turf, but with a way higher concentration than in Endstone...

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I can confirm killer joe works through walls as well, however they can't collect xp through one it seems. Although really a trap method farming to that used for manual farming is much easier and more reliable. Spawn the wither and have that trigger redstone to activate the piston, wait several seconds and then use whatever killing method you want as it's not going to move and isn't protected by a shield of blocks, you could even use something like golems then if you wanted.
I don't understand this.... what piston?

As for collecting xp, I've been containing the Wither with non-continuous walls in other packs. IIRC, blocks immediately behind a Wither-proof block won't get destroyed, and you could place a Killer-joe there and maybe it can collect xp through the holes in the wall.

Reactions: Pyure

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion:
How about getting Helium 3 from the moon? That would make sense from a real life standpoint and would provide a good reason to have infrastructure there. I would suggest to have it only in the Moon Turf, but with a way higher concentration than in Endstone...
Good idea !!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Quiet day.

Anyone ever figured out a way to automatically measure...in any degree...the amount of power in a battery buffer? I need to know when to switch my big power generators off.

Alternatively if anyone knows a reliable mod to re-add things like the AESU or other gigantic eu storage medium, that might work as well (so long as it can be measured with a comparator or has redstone signals like the MFSU)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand this.... what piston?

As for collecting xp, I've been containing the Wither with non-continuous walls in other packs. IIRC, blocks immediately behind a Wither-proof block won't get destroyed, and you could place a Killer-joe there and maybe it can collect xp through the holes in the wall.
Vanilla style wither farming, something like this, build the wither on top of an upward facing piston right below a 3x3 of wither proof blocks and then push it up with the piston while it's still in it's initial health generating phase. If you do it right it will have it's head be trapped inside the wither proof blocks which catch and stop all of it's projectiles and explosions while it's body is free and able to be attacked by anything.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Quiet day.

Anyone ever figured out a way to automatically measure...in any degree...the amount of power in a battery buffer? I need to know when to switch my big power generators off.

Alternatively if anyone knows a reliable mod to re-add things like the AESU or other gigantic eu storage medium, that might work as well (so long as it can be measured with a comparator or has redstone signals like the MFSU)
You could try the Energy Detector but dont know if that only measures the internal buffer or the batteries inside

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You could try the Energy Detector but dont know if that only measures the internal buffer or the batteries inside
Definitely the internal buffer. Which it does very well, but not very usefully :p

I actually have no idea how I'm gonna manage this. The battery buffer (8x Large Sodium) fills up in a couple minutes and drains basically as fast. Interesting conundrum.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely the internal buffer. Which it does very well, but not very usefully :p

I actually have no idea how I'm gonna manage this. The battery buffer (8x Large Sodium) fills up in a couple minutes and drains basically as fast. Interesting conundrum.
Maybe there is a way of checking how much is going through the cables? you might have to do calculations and timings i guess? i didn't think about it much myself except for emptying depleted batteries with golems or someting, can battery buffers auto eject empty batteries?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Maybe there is a way of checking how much is going through the cables? you might have to do calculations and timings i guess? i didn't think about it much myself except for emptying depleted batteries with golems or someting, can battery buffers auto eject empty batteries?
Don't think so, they're not really handled as inventories for most automation iirc.

At the early-nuclear stage, I can sorta cheat and use MFSUs instead, but I'd prefer if there were a GT method.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Just built a basic canning machine to fill up my shiny new MV sodium batteries and ... aaaargh ... I need an advanced one. The basic one doesn't have a slot for the sodium dust, it'll only take fluids - but you can't process sodium into a fluid (as far as I can tell).

Just venting, guys, ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss (that's the air being released).

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Just built a basic canning machine to fill up my shiny new MV sodium batteries and ... aaaargh ... I need an advanced one. The basic one doesn't have a slot for the sodium dust, it'll only take fluids - but you can't process sodium into a fluid (as far as I can tell).

Just venting, guys, ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss (that's the air being released).
hm i have a lv canning machine and it has 2 input slots are you sure you made the canning machine and not the fluid canning machine?

Reactions: Pyure and SolManX

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
hm i have a lv canning machine and it has 2 input slots are you sure you made the canning machine and not the fluid canning machine?

Oh man, that's another fine mess I've got myself into - I hadn't noticed there were two types. I really do try and be careful, but yeah, I have a fluid one - I'm sure there'll be a good use for it anyway.

Thanks Darkness.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man, that's another fine mess I've got myself into - I hadn't noticed there were two types. I really do try and be careful, but yeah, I have a fluid one - I'm sure there'll be a good use for it anyway.

Thanks Darkness.
Yea there is few different Canning Machines, which can be used each only for specific task (annoys me when I make something, that actually I do not need).

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Yea there is few different Canning Machines, which can be used each only for specific task (annoys me when I make something, that actually I do not need).

I've got five basic gas turbines in a chest somewhere waiting to do something . Thought I was making steam ones. Oooh, that hurt.