[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
GUYS!!!!!!!!! Modpack is being updated - v3.1.3 - ETA few minutes
Mod Updates:
- Aroma1997Core -> 1.0.2.14
- Automagy -> 0.26
- BluePower -> 0.2.954
- Chisel 2 -> 2.4.1.40
- CoFHCore -> 3.0.3B2-294
- Galacticraft -> 3.0.12.350
- In-game Wiki -> 1.1.4-20
- ModTweaker -> 0.8.4_dev1
- Redstone Arsenal -> 1.1.1B1-85
- Applied Energistics 2 -> rv2 stable 10
- Gendustry -> 1.5.2.107
- Industrial Craft 2 -> 2.2.745
- JourneyMap -> 5.1.0
- MagicBees -> 2.3.2
- NEIAddons -> 1.12.10.34
- Thaumic Energistics -> 0.8.10.7

Changes:
- Unrefined Desh can now be processed
- Enabled AE2 Inscriber. It can be only used for imprinting names with Name Press
- Enabled AE2 Cutting Knives. It can be only used for creating Name Press
- Fixed few forestry related scripts
- Enabled crafting of Fluid Manipulator
- Made Tin Deco blocks cheaper. They are after all flippin Decoration blocks!!!
- Fixes connected textures of Conduit Facades to Normal chisel blocks. ExU Still needs this to be fixed
- Workaround for few charged certus issues. They do not unify so there are two versions of same item. You can interchange both versions as Shapeless recipe.
- Certus Wrench now craftable with Certus Quartz instead of Charged Certus.
- Fixed Crash with NEI (appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes)

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to get Nether Stars in this pack? Any items that can increase the chance of heads dropping?
Can't you use TT to spawn wither skeletons and make a wither skeleton farm for the heads? (i'm not familiar with TT but it seems you can spawn mobs with it, i don't see why wither skeletons would be an exception) I'm not sure if you can automate the spawning of the wither boss though, i haven't even done it manually.

Alternatively: you could probably do it vanilla style by fulfilling the wither skeleton spawn conditions (nether bricks?) in the nether which will make them spawn there and just do a regular mob farm.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if you can automate the spawning of the wither boss though, i haven't even done it manually.
You just have to place the blocks to spawn it and we have formation plane from ae2 for that or use the drones from pneumaticraft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsuko

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Ieldra mentioned a week or two that experience could be tricky to come by. I can add to my list of Weird Things I Haven't Done Before:

Hardcore Ender Expansion has a block called the Experience Table. If given "energy" and stardust, it can convert stuff into xp bottles.

You can get energy from an energy cluster, or just use the table in the End I believe where energy is omnipresent. I created an energy cluster at my base by planting one of them flowers from the End and waiting a few days. Eventually I found cobwebs where cobwebs shouldn't be, and an energy cluster nearby.

Not sure what all it can convert to xp. I was hoping it would be like a GT/IC2 recycler that eats anything not blacklisted, but that's not the case. So far I know it eats some HEE and vanilla metals.

Not a great source of xp but its different :)

(Clearing out a Tower in the end and destroying the mob spawners will probably give you around 20 levels per tower in peaceful mode, more if you do it legit and kill the millions of endermen that spawn and aggro your ass)

Reactions: Ieldra

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you use TT to spawn wither skeletons and make a wither skeleton farm for the heads? (i'm not familiar with TT but it seems you can spawn mobs with it, i don't see why wither skeletons would be an exception) I'm not sure if you can automate the spawning of the wither boss though, i haven't even done it manually.

Alternatively: you could probably do it vanilla style by fulfilling the wither skeleton spawn conditions (nether bricks?) in the nether which will make them spawn there and just do a regular mob farm.
The way we did it on my server:
1. Wither skulls: Using AE2 Spartial Cells to move a Skelly spawner into the nether. There then a skelly farm.
2. Spawn Wither using AE2 formation planes. The wither falls down into a kill room. There are a bunch of IC2 Teslas and a vacuum chest.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
You just have to place the blocks to spawn it and we have formation plane from ae2 for that or use the drones from pneumaticraft.
cool :D

1. Wither skulls: Using AE2 Spartial Cells to move a Skelly spawner into the nether. There then a skelly farm.
2. Spawn Wither using AE2 formation planes. The wither falls down into a kill room. There are a bunch of IC2 Teslas and a vacuum chest.
Hmm i wonder if TC golems can place blocks? i hope to avoid ae2 until later (i'm LV age)
maybe even vanilla dispensers?
MC wiki says no... so no vanilla way of placing blocks automaticly.

So skeletons spawn as wither skeletons in the nether, then it is easy :) can move spawners with a TT focus for thaumcraft.

What you guys need nether stars for though?

Last edited:

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt even think about spatial cells for moving spawners Oo
nice system perfect for automatic netherstars ;D

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
2015-07-06_22.21.54.png

Looks like the king has been reborn? my village is growing :D

Whats a stargate controller crystal? doesn't seem craftable but the baby villager to the right is now adult and is trading it:

2015-07-06_22.28.46.png

Last edited:

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
You need that to craft a Stargate and you can only get from trading.
Cool, is stargate a huge mod? what does it do? hmmm i think i'll youtube it.

I've seen the show so i have a general idea, but does it create new dimensions or just teleport me around existing ones? hmmm or maybe something completely different.. youtube brb!

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Nice to hear that there is a method for auto-killing Withers that doesn't involve Draconic Evolution. I've been wondering about that. How many Teslas do you need?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, is stargate a huge mod? what does it do? hmmm i think i'll youtube it.

I've seen the show so i have a general idea, but does it create new dimensions or just teleport me around existing ones? hmmm or maybe something completely different.. youtube brb!
Its basicly just the stargate as a teleporter

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Its basicly just the stargate as a teleporter
Still, thats pretty nice :D

Teleportation without the extra dimensions, so no need for mythcraft just for teleportation, though i think there is some other ways of teleportation in this modpack. It seems it is at the very earliest HV or something tho.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Teleportation without the extra dimensions, so no need for mythcraft just for teleportation, though i think there is some other ways of teleportation in this modpack. It seems it is at the very earliest HV or something tho.
GT also has a Teleporter. Quite high tier trough.
Nice to hear that there is a method for auto-killing Withers that doesn't involve Draconic Evolution. I've been wondering about that. How many Teslas do you need?
One Tesla is enough but takes a long time.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So skeletons spawn as wither skeletons in the nether, then it is easy :) can move spawners with a TT focus for thaumcraft.
Note that skeletons spawning as wither skeletons in the nether 90% of the time is a vanilla mechanic, TT's tablet of necromancy will spawn skeletons in the nether as wither ones 100% of the time as it works differently. However it spawns at a rate of 1 mob/minute which is lower then most spawning methods, it's good for iron golems but for anything else it's generally slower. However with a charged fortune 3 dark steel sword you will average 15 wither skeleton kills per wither, so four nether stars per hour per spawner. The catch is that you can use a killer joe with a cursed spirit blade which will generate the aspects to create another spawner every 81 minutes, so with a bit of patience you can easily scale up fairly cheaply as the cost of necromancy tablets is all in the setup with no cost to run them.

I can confirm killer joe works through walls as well, however they can't collect xp through one it seems. Although really a trap method farming to that used for manual farming is much easier and more reliable. Spawn the wither and have that trigger redstone to activate the piston, wait several seconds and then use whatever killing method you want as it's not going to move and isn't protected by a shield of blocks, you could even use something like golems then if you wanted.

On an entirely different note I've discovered the greedy chest from automagy is actually pretty awesome, never really played with it before but it's actually got a fairly complex set of abilities available to it. You can even build what is essentially a pipe network out of them by just making lines of them, of course as it's five lucrum and an ender pearl each it's not exactly cheap, it can transfer up to 27 stacks/block/tick however, it's also useful as junctions as it can do things such as splitting input in arbitrary percentages when combined with a normal chest, also handling overflow and the like. Support for filtering as well with a tad more work. Sadly those complex splitting stuff tend to be less effective when dealing with a constant stream of small stacks as it's based off tracking items as they get pumped in or current totals but oh well.

Reactions: Tsuko