[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to use a logistics pipe crafting table without using logistics pipes? Because I can't see anyway except crafting pipes to use one and I'd prefer not to have use one of those.
no but why dont you want to use the crafting pipes?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
no but why dont you want to use the crafting pipes?
Because they're expensive and I can't see how to set it up without a couple of other pipes and considering I just want it as an autocrafter the less complexity I need to add the better.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I am unfamiliar with creating servers. Could somebody tell me step-by-step how to make one? I clicked the "download server" button in the launcher and extracted everything to its own folder on my desktop. Then I double clicked the "ServerStart" file. A command prompt popped up and did its thing. It seems to have done its job, but I don't know what to do next.
Thats pretty much all you need to do. You can test if the server is setup properly by starting minecraft and try to join your server (if it is hosted on your PC where you are starting minecraft, put "localhost" inside the server IP). You should be able to join in. After that, its all matter of configuring your router with port forwarding. Port Forwarding is simple, but might be confusing for starters. I recommend for this step either ask someone who knows and is able to come to your place (your ISP should be able to set it up for you) or check some internet guides on how to port forward. Keep in mind Port Forwarding might wary for different routers.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
Thats pretty much all you need to do. You can test if the server is setup properly by starting minecraft and try to join your server (if it is hosted on your PC where you are starting minecraft, put "localhost" inside the server IP). You should be able to join in. After that, its all matter of configuring your router with port forwarding. Port Forwarding is simple, but might be confusing for starters. I recommend for this step either ask someone who knows and is able to come to your place (your ISP should be able to set it up for you) or check some internet guides on how to port forward. Keep in mind Port Forwarding might wary for different routers.

Thanks for the reply, it seems to work. A quick question about the map in the game (accessed with the J key). Every time I go into a new world, it erases over the old world's map as I explore. Is there any way to keep this map in its appropriate worlds?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Meanwhile, the design you posted first is rock-stable. I was afraid it would take me a lot of fiddling around with the cooling elements to get this to high heat and stable, but it's really simple. Didn't take me more than a minute or two. Did you find a way to automate exchanging of the rods? As you mentioned, it's tricky given that there are two different kinds and their placement is important. I don't have the need yet, but I'm thinking of conduits controlled by Bluepower timers or counters, so that one type is exchanged first and its successfull exchange will trigger the exchange of the other type.
Nope, I haven't even figured out how to recraft them in the correct proportion. Its one of the things I do manually unfortunately (I'd prefer to automate it)

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I haven't even figured out how to recraft them in the correct proportion. Its one of the things I do manually unfortunately (I'd prefer to automate it)
You could use supplier logistics pipe for that with a buildcraft gate to turn the reactor on when the inventory is full.

Reactions: Pyure

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
You could use supplier logistics pipe for that with a buildcraft gate to turn the reactor on when the inventory is full.
Given that Logistics Pipes appears to have undergone a significant upgrade since I used it last, I'd do it like this: Set up autocrafting with an ME network and keep one set of fuel rods in an ME interface with a crafting card. Connect a provider logistics pipe to the interface and an upgraded supplier pipe to a reactor chamber. Then you'll need one of those power supply blocks from LP connected to a Logistics Pipe in-between. You could probably do most of the autocrafting in a LP system as well, only I don't recall how well LP works with machine autocrafting requiring several machines. An ME network can handle that fine.

@Tsuko:
Which cover would that be? The regulator won't work well since you can't regulate its input but only the output. If that cover does nothing but limit items of certain types to specific slots, then you could just use a conduit and pipe empty fuel rods out and full ones in, with the latter regulated by the cover.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The Robot Arm cover can place one item in the right slot. The Regulator up to 9 Items.
How many items can LP handle at once? also 9? It's been a few years since i last played with it.

Reactions: Tsuko

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Dumb question. Did the leather glider recipe get disabled but not the actual wing recipes? I made one wing, but when I checked NEI, I'm not spotting the glider itself.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Given that Logistics Pipes appears to have undergone a significant upgrade since I used it last, I'd do it like this: Set up autocrafting with an ME network and keep one set of fuel rods in an ME interface with a crafting card. Connect a provider logistics pipe to the interface and an upgraded supplier pipe to a reactor chamber. Then you'll need one of those power supply blocks from LP connected to a Logistics Pipe in-between. You could probably do most of the autocrafting in a LP system as well, only I don't recall how well LP works with machine autocrafting requiring several machines. An ME network can handle that fine.
1) provider pipe can see everything thats inside an me system and it should be able to request crafting from me system
2) logisticspipes crafting is just as powerful as the me system crafting

The Robot Arm cover can place one item in the right slot. The Regulator up to 9 Items.
How many items can LP handle at once? also 9? It's been a few years since i last played with it.
Yes also 9 items
Does the robot arm cover work on non gregtech machines (ic2 reactor:p) ?

Dumb question. Did the leather glider recipe get disabled but not the actual wing recipes? I made one wing, but when I checked NEI, I'm not spotting the glider itself.
yes

Swarmski

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to get Nether Stars in this pack? Any items that can increase the chance of heads dropping?

Reign Dance

Jul 29, 2019
Does the quartz grindstone not work anymore? I tried making it with 3 certus quartz, 5 cobblestone, and a gregtech wooden gear; but it won't let me craft it.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to get Nether Stars in this pack? Any items that can increase the chance of heads dropping?
I use an Ender enchanted in an Osmotic Enchnanter with looting 3, Smite 5 and Unbreaking 3. I placed a Overworld skeleton spawner in the Nether (with a wand of dislocation) and wait nearby. Thanks to my pounce enchantment on the leggings i one hit wither skeletons while im flying...

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Other than, you know, killin stuff :p

Heh, yeah. I mean...without grinding Wither Skeletons in the Nether. For a few Nether Star's worth of Wither Skeleton skulls, it's probably easiest to grind in the Nether. But, if you want automatic production of Wither Skeleton skulls, bees are the only way I know of in this pack.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Heh, yeah. I mean...without grinding Wither Skeletons in the Nether. For a few Nether Star's worth of Wither Skeleton skulls, it's probably easiest to grind in the Nether. But, if you want automatic production of Wither Skeleton skulls, bees are the only way I know of in this pack.
Oddly enough, once you have a method to get the skulls reliably, semi-automatic Wither farming should not be too difficult in this pack, with the Wither-proof glass you find in the BluePower volcanoes and the block placing machines of several mods. In fact, in my opinion the glass makes things a little easy, since without Blue Power you'd need to make reinforced obsidian (expensive) or kill at least one Wither the hard way and use the Nether Star to craft a wand focus of warding. Not that I really mind this being easy, but it feels odd with so many other things that are usually easy being hard.

BTW, is there anything in this pack that requires a regular supply of Nether Stars?

Reactions: Pyure