[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but I want automatic crafting as I want it as part of an automated system, so once it's setup I never need to touch the machine again.

Actually that as a suggestion, can something like 1 bolt + 2 plates in an assembler be added for shears? Because the issue is that they can only be crafted with tools and that's unlike most tools and items and makes things really annoying as autocrafting with tools is next to impossible as basically everything fails with them due to their weirdness.

ok here again the "Logistics Fuzzy Crafting Table" works absolutly fine with gregtech tools (100% automated)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
ok here again the "Logistics Fuzzy Crafting Table" works absolutly fine with gregtech tools (100% automated)
I'm now off to investigate such a thing, I shall report back on if this can be used for my goal. Although I still think adding an alternate recipe in the assembler would be good.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Comments and questions about a few topics:

(1) Autocrafting. I'm in the process of adding autocrafting to my rudimentary ME network. There has been some discussion about autocrafting with tools. Does that work with ME crafting patterns? If not, I can see a few alternatives: use LP fuzzy autocrafting tables with ME interfaces if possible, or keep your tools undamaged by exporting to Thaumic Restorer, or in the case of electric tools automatic recharging in MFEs. Does anyone actually know if autocrafting with tools works in ME crafting patterns? Unfortunately, it is not possible to add a fuzzy card to a MAC or an interface.
@SolManX: I have never used Forestry's worktable, sorry.

(2) Planting things with golems: I've told my golems to plant seeds in 2x2 patterns for jungle trees. Works perfectly. My farm has been running without any interruption whatsoever since I built it. You can use any planting pattern as long as it isn't bigger than the golem's range. In fact, collecting is rather more problematic than planting, and I replaced my gathering golem with EnderIO vacuum chests as soon as it was possible.

(3) IC2 reactors: I have not been successful in keeping my MOX-fueled reactor at a constant heat level (except for the lowest). At all. I take some of the cooling elements out until the heat starts to rise, then wait until the reactor heat level is around 50-60% and things begin to look a little ominous (that would be around 900 degrees), but when I put the cooling elements back in the heat immediately starts to drop again, and drop very fast. If I put only some of the cooling elements back in the heat drops more slowly, but at some point other cooling elements melt. I have the impression the overclocked heat vents are to blame, since they take in heat faster than they disperse it, so there's less "usable" to keep the temperature high available at all times, and more heat bound up in the vents. Or have I overlooked something?

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone getting a game crash when checking NEI to see what cypress wood planks can make?
MY treefarm is using cypress logs and saplings but hasn't crashed but that said: I cannot make cypress slabs the old way with cypress, i need vanilla minecraft wooden planks for that, i need to start growing greatwood instaid, i just have no idea where all my greatwood saplings went haha. Probably isn't crashing for me because i'm on an older version (2.2.1.1)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
MY treefarm is using cypress logs and saplings but hasn't crashed but that said: I cannot make cypress slabs the old way with cypress, i need vanilla minecraft wooden planks for that, i need to start growing greatwood instaid, i just have no idea where all my greatwood saplings went haha. Probably isn't crashing for me because i'm on an older version (2.2.1.1)
There was a bug in older versions of the mod which allowed you to craft oak slabs the normal way, do other vanilla woods allow you to craft slabs that way? They should all require the saw as it always just affected oak to my knowledge, but yeah that's intended behaviour needing GT stuff to make slabs.

Reactions: Tsuko

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
(3) IC2 reactors: I have not been successful in keeping my MOX-fueled reactor at a constant heat level (except for the lowest). At all. I take some of the cooling elements out until the heat starts to rise, then wait until the reactor heat level is around 50-60% and things begin to look a little ominous (that would be around 900 degrees), but when I put the cooling elements back in the heat immediately starts to drop again, and drop very fast. If I put only some of the cooling elements back in the heat drops more slowly, but at some point other cooling elements melt. I have the impression the overclocked heat vents are to blame, since they take in heat faster than they disperse it, so there's less "usable" to keep the temperature high available at all times, and more heat bound up in the vents. Or have I overlooked something?
I haven't tried the design you're using, so its possible it consumes heat over time. You're not piping in coolant are you?

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
There was a bug in older versions of the mod which allowed you to craft oak slabs the normal way, do other vanilla woods allow you to craft slabs that way? They should all require the saw as it always just affected oak to my knowledge, but yeah that's intended behaviour needing GT stuff to make slabs.
I tried with spruce planks on a vanilla crafting table and it doesn't work, japanese maple wood planks doesn't work either, so i guess several of the vanilla wooden slabs cannot be crafted without tools. Same story with ExtrabiomesXL, needs saw.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I haven't tried the design you're using, so its possible it consumes heat over time. You're not piping in coolant are you?
No. I'm using the elements shown in the screenshot and nothing else. Maybe I'll try your design instead. Also, the plutonium breeding is, unfortunately, non-feasible. With the amount I get I'll need 250 cycles to have enough plutonium for another RTG cluster. As much as it pains me, I'm probably better off looking for more ore veins. I still want to run the reactor though. I probably won't need it constantly, but it's good for peak times - if I can get it to output more than the default power.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
No. I'm using the elements shown in the screenshot and nothing else. Maybe I'll try your design instead. Also, the plutonium breeding is, unfortunately, non-feasible. With the amount I get I'll need 250 cycles to have enough plutonium for another RTG cluster. As much as it pains me, I'm probably better off looking for more ore veins. I still want to run the reactor though. I probably won't need it constantly, but it's good for peak times - if I can get it to output more than the default power.
You should keep in mind that all screenshots here are from the reactor planner v3 for minecraft 1.6 ... there is a new reactor planner for ic2 exp 1.7.10 -> https://github.com/MauveCloud/Ic2ExpReactorPlanner/releases

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, the plutonium breeding is, unfortunately, non-feasible.
You make this part sound like its unreasonable :p Yes, getting an infinite passive power source from breeding plutonium isn't super fast. I almost protest that it exists at all, particularly given how much power the reactor itself outputs.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
You make this part sound like its unreasonable :p Yes, getting an infinite passive power source from breeding plutonium isn't super fast. I almost protest that it exists at all, particularly given how much power the reactor itself outputs.
Yes i also think its a bit much eu from that but jason does not think so
btw i already complained about it -> https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/issues/238

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes i also think its a bit much eu from that but jason does not think so
btw i already complained about it -> https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/issues/238
You got outvoted but your concern was valid. Aiwen and Xavion justified two wrongs making a right. Sucker :p

Personally I just try to avoid the temptation to use the things on scale. I had an RTG in my last world, and it was purely the result of actual bred plutonium from a MOX reactor.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
You got outvoted but your concern was valid. Aiwen and Xavion justified two wrongs making a right. Sucker :p

Personally I just try to avoid the temptation to use the things on scale. I had an RTG in my last world, and it was purely the result of actual bred plutonium from a MOX reactor.
Yes but it is kinda strange that ic2 was balanced (hard) and greg made it overpowered.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes but it is kinda strange that ic2 was balanced (hard) and greg made it overpowered.
Considering his dislike for passive power generation, yeah :)

In this case I just don't consider it a huge deal. It would be nice if the clusters took up a bit more space or were pushed back into a later tier, but its hard to drum up too much concern about it when it boils down to a plutonium-vein crapshoot.

(edit: I have two veins within 300m of my base. On the other hand I had to travel 2km to find coal :\ )

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Considering his dislike for passive power generation, yeah :)

In this case I just don't consider it a huge deal. It would be nice if the clusters took up a bit more space or were pushed back into a later tier, but its hard to drum up too much concern about it when it boils down to a plutonium-vein crapshoot.

(edit: I have two veins within 300m of my base. On the other hand I had to travel 2km to find coal :\ )
It would be nice if the RTG got removed and we get instead a 100% Plutonium Fuel Rod for the nuclear reactor :)

I have 3 plutonium veins ^^ (2 in the end even though wiki says they dont spawn there)

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It would be nice if the RTG got removed and we get instead a 100% Plutonium Fuel Rod for the nuclear reactor :)

I have 3 plutonium veins ^^ (2 in the end even though wiki says they dont spawn there)
Since we're making a wish-list:
* Reduce existing MOX output by 25%
* Increase all active cooled output by 25%
* Re-instate some sort of breeder reactors that consume, in part, spent fuel.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarknessShadow

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
LOL. No, I don't think so, but I regret it nonetheless :p

Reactions: Pyure

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014

You know, posts like these make me regret I'm posting here at all. Why the HECK!!!! is people's first reaction to these things ALWAYS "Remove it!"