[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I want the shears to automate their creation, not their use as I already have a use for them which doesn't need shears.

I autocraft with forestry workbenches just fine with GT tools, but I always make sure that the tool in the recipe is the exact same as the one available. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I've had tools mysteriously disappear.

That's not autocrafting or I would use them, at least I know of no way to make it automatically craft or to get items out of it. You can pump items in and then shift lick to craft a bunch but that's still manual even if it's made easier and simpler.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have barely touched IC2 stuff, the crops seems complicated with crops scanners etc, growing my nether warts from just one wart will probably take ages, guess i'll just have to explore a bit more in the nether.

I explored for antimony and i found it eventually, this is just another challenge :)
Multiplying your nether wart is an exponential process; the first one takes a while, then half as long, etc.

IC2 crops are simple: you make crops (the sticks), plonk them in the ground with a space between them. Then you do nether wart on one, and, say, wheat in the other, and put double-crops between them.

Soon you'll find something growing between them. If it looks like a young nether wart, keep it. If it doesn't, break it and try again. No need for scanning, you don't really care about the stats at this point.

Reactions: Tsuko

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I want the shears to automate their creation, not their use as I already have a use for them which doesn't need shears.

That's not autocrafting or I would use them, at least I know of no way to make it automatically craft or to get items out of it. You can pump items in and then shift lick to craft a bunch but that's still manual even if it's made easier and simpler.
I'll call it semi-automatic then.

As far as getting, say, an MV Piston out, it takes exactly the same amount of clicks for me as an AE2 system: one. Of course, that's because I mass-produce component parts and keep it stocked with those subcomponents, which I can preferably teach an AE2 system to do for me. (hence semi-automatic)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Talking about the forestry workbench - has anyone had any difficulties with it the since the last update? I seem to have to layout the recipe each time I create a GT tool now - ie I get one made then clicking the 'result' again doesn't work (wasn't happening before). Other recipes I've tried seem okay.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a way to autocrafting with GT tools properly? Want a way to make shears to see if it's actually possible to automate use golems.

Is there any secret source of lucrum I've missed all this time as well? Or are junk ores and beans/crops still the only half useful ways?
Logistics Pipes "Logistics Fuzzy Crafting Table" can do it

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Talking about the forestry workbench - has anyone had any difficulties with it the since the last update? I seem to have to layout the recipe each time I create a GT tool now - ie I get one made then clicking the 'result' again doesn't work (wasn't happening before). Other recipes I've tried seem okay.
Oredicting can be a bit wonky sometimes. Make sure your recipe only uses the exact components you're using. e.g. don't allow annealed copper cable if you're only going to use copper cable, etc.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Oredicting can be a bit wonky sometimes. Make sure your recipe only uses the exact components you're using. e.g. don't allow annealed copper cable if you're only going to use copper cable, etc.

Don't think it's that. For example, I have a iron pick-head recipe stored. I click the recipe, make sure I've got the correct resources, click the output but nothing happens. If I then go and re-layout all the parts of the recipe it works, but only once. If I want another I have to lay them out again. Same recipes as before the last update.

EDIT: Seems to be to do with the durability of the tools needed for the recipe.

Last edited:

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Multiplying your nether wart is an exponential process; the first one takes a while, then half as long, etc.

IC2 crops are simple: you make crops (the sticks), plonk them in the ground with a space between them. Then you do nether wart on one, and, say, wheat in the other, and put double-crops between them.

Soon you'll find something growing between them. If it looks like a young nether wart, keep it. If it doesn't, break it and try again. No need for scanning, you don't really care about the stats at this point.

I didn't want to meddle with ic2 (well i'll want to go shoulder deep into IC2 territory some day but i'm already busy with GT now) but i already crafted the hazmat suit stuff i just wonder if gregtech wants to be free of ic2 or not? seems reduntant to have both ic2 and gregtech, GT needs hazmat suit and other such things that IC2 has but GT lacks, GT now got pumps for example, that is one step further into independence which means less mod conflics and a more streamlined experience. Is IC2 even updated? i get the impression that IC2 is stuck in the past but i may be mistaken. I think i'll test these IC2 crops if nothing else just to learn how they work, i'll also want to do IC2 nuclear stuff, even if less efficient than say.. Big reactors, it is closer to the GT mod than using yellorium stuff and RF, imma avoid RF like the plague because it is opposite of eu volts and hardly work together without extra 3rd party mods.

Food from industrial mods seems strange but i kinda like it, i want to meddle with the GT foods later but they seem inefficient at a first glance, i hear that canned foods give health or something? gotta check that out but canned food is IC2 as well, damn is IC2 a food mod or something in this mod pack lol? Is the GT pizzas like vanilla cakes? you plonk them down and can eat several times out of the same pizza? i just got the impression they give like 1 saturation when they should give like 8 or something.

Building special plates and machines for food processing is something i like, like baking a pizza, this is what i wanted :)
Always try and have vegan options for stuff, it is fun to try to make foods without slaughtering animals i think vegan foods lag servers less.
Does animal entities lag more than say: pam's harvestcraft crops?

Last edited:

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
I've actually been trying to switch to non-charcoal alumentum, the problem has been a renewable source of potentia. Chili beans have ignis, but I haven't found a golem-farmable source of potentia yet. (there's a PC seed with potentia but golems don't seem to replant it properly)

You need "use" golems to replant PC seeds, I've used them time ago to make a Epic Bacon farm
But it was totally useless, except for the infinite bonemeal

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You need "use" golems to replant PC seeds, I've used them time ago to make a Epic Bacon farm
But it was totally useless, except for the infinite bonemeal
That's the second time today I've seen someone mention Use golems for planting. How does that work? Do you assign them 24 different blocks to Use on or something, and they just go and plant there if there's a space available? Or are they smart enough to plant in a range somehow?

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
That's the second time today I've seen someone mention Use golems for planting. How does that work? Do you assign them 24 different blocks to Use on or something, and they just go and plant there if there's a space available? Or are they smart enough to plant in a range somehow?
My treefarm depends on the use golem to replant the saplings:
1) Place a "use" golem by shift clicking on a chest with the golem in hand, linking it to the chest, that chest is your sapling chest
2) Now link that golem to all the dirt blocks you want it to use the saplings on, it will not attempt to place saplings on blocks with saplings on them already

This is why i tried "use" golems for my cotton farm as well but they function differently with crops apparently compared to saplings. Well i like that it is different because there needs to be a use for the harvest core imo. Pam's Harvestcraft supports right clicking on crops to harvest them without the need to replant seeds so the use golem just lacks features to queue up different targets to attempt a "use action" on, it just repeats on the same target over and over =_=

Edit: you might need to go into the "use" golem's interface and select sapling as the item it should use on the dirt blocks.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My treefarm depends on the use golem to replant the saplings:
1) Place a "use" golem by shift clicking on a chest with the golem in hand, linking it to the chest, that chest is your sapling chest
2) Now link that golem to all the dirt blocks you want it to use the saplings on, it will not attempt to place saplings on blocks with saplings on them already
That's pretty awesome. That seems simpler than setting up centrifuges to process pracaentatio(sp) so I may do that instead.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
That's pretty awesome. That seems simpler than setting up centrifuges to process pracaentatio(sp) so I may do that instead.
It is awesome :) i wasn't expecting it to work this way and i'm happy it does, you can do all sort of sapling planting patterns for different kinds of trees.

I just wish i could queue orders for my golems, if i could design travel paths for golems and do A then B then C would be so awesome, of course that would be a golem upgrade to make it fair but a much needed upgrade if there is no way of doing that already that i don't know of.

Correction: "use" golems can plant crop seeds no problems for my cotton farm, thats what i'm actually doing, i was just expecting another "use" golem to be able to harvest the pam's harvestcraft crops, so use golems are bit limited in that aspect. They could be called "plant golems"

Update: Ahh now i see why i'm running out of seeds/herba so quickly: my cottonfarm "harvest" golems doesn't give me any excess seeds that i can use, just enough seeds to replant, so there goes the seed cooking plan down the drain, i still have saplings from my treefarm though, to feed my lamp of growth(s).

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but I want automatic crafting as I want it as part of an automated system, so once it's setup I never need to touch the machine again.

Actually that as a suggestion, can something like 1 bolt + 2 plates in an assembler be added for shears? Because the issue is that they can only be crafted with tools and that's unlike most tools and items and makes things really annoying as autocrafting with tools is next to impossible as basically everything fails with them due to their weirdness.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah but I want automatic crafting as I want it as part of an automated system, so once it's setup I never need to touch the machine again.
That's fair. I haven't tested with the other auto-crafting mechanisms in this pack, but there are a few options. I believe enderio has one for instance.

Actually that as a suggestion, can something like 1 bolt + 2 plates in an assembler be added for shears? Because the issue is that they can only be crafted with tools and that's unlike most tools and items and makes things really annoying as autocrafting with tools is next to impossible as basically everything fails with them due to their weirdness.
This strikes me as a no-brainer. Amusingly I can't think of any recipes off the top of my head that actually use bolts except as a route to screws :p

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019

I don't like the loud noice GT has on crafting with tools, especially on forestry crafting tables, it repeats and stacks extremely fast, bursting my ears, hate it!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't like the loud noice GT has on crafting with tools, especially on forestry crafting tables, it repeats extremely fast, bursting my ears, hate it!
Strongly agree :p

Btw I'm happy with my use-golems planting seeds for me. I didn't realize you could give them so many targets.

Reactions: Miguel1118

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just made an MV chainsaw and it doesn't seem to treecapitate like earlier-tier axes. Anyone know if there's a trick to making it do so?