[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
So I just discovered a novel source of power, the manual kinetic generator + kinetic generator will give you 5EU per click, obviously this is pretty useless normally as you'd need to click six times a second to just get 30EU/t. However Use golems are capable of right clicking for you, I mean sure an advanced straw golem with 2 aer upgrades only gives you about 1.5EU/t but for something that works anywhere, can be stacked easily, and is totally free to run it's really not that bad, except for the fact use cores aren't particularly cheap and you'd need fricktons of aer shards. It could be interesting for an alternative power system though, it's a pity you can't get it till the MV era as basically all kinetic stuff is gated behind that due to shafts needing the MV extruder, fairly annoying that, too much stuff is gated behind MV though, wouldn't mind it being spread out a bit more.
I agree about too much stuff in MV but with the amount of resources i have now going to MV or even HV shouldn't be an issue, i'm just content with what i have, i just need more amps of eu so i can run everything at once. Only small batteries for LV is a huge bummer for me though, i thought acid batteries would all be usable in LV but only the small one is possible, that restriction is a bit hidden but it stays true with the rest of the gregtech items, higher voltage means higher eletrical era i guess. But i don't even want higher voltage batteries, just larger capacity and there is no option for that i think.

Sad thing about "use" cores is that the infusion uses flint and steel but trying to place flint and steel on the infusion pedestals fails like 2/3rd of the time and damages the flint and steel then you cannot use it for infusion anymore. There is no way to recycle flint and steel, i would love if we could macerate flint and steel because i hate it when i can't macerate something. (i even tried having a golem place the flint and steel on the pedestal to go around this issue, but they still get damaged like usual)
On that note: i also cannot macerate/recycle sheers for some reason, these two needs some love imo, everything should be recyclable except some nuclear stuff etc.

I'll end up with chests and chests of damaged flint and steel eventually, already have one chest almost full, i know they are pretty cheap, it is just bothers me that i have to waste stuff like that.

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Sad thing about "use" cores is that the infusion uses flint and steel but trying to place flint and steel on the infusion pedestals fails like 2/3rd of the time and damages the flint and steel then you cannot use it for infusion anymore. There is no way to recycle flint and steel, i would love if we could macerate flint and steel because i hate it when i can't macerate something. (i even tried having a golem place the flint and steel on the pedestal to go around this issue, but they still get damaged like usual)

This is from a total Thaumcraft newbie, but I think I have seen other players using hoppers to 'insert' items onto pedestals.

Reactions: Tsuko and Pyure

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is a "clean" crucible recipe for Alumenium? By clean, I mean that there is no remaining vis after production (Like 6 torches, 2 coal, and 2 glowstone = 2 Nitor with no extra vis).

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
This is from a total Thaumcraft newbie, but I think I have seen other players using hoppers to 'insert' items onto pedestals.
Yes the pedestals are a 1 item inventory so you can insert items with hoppers

Reactions: Tsuko

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
For flint and steel I'm not sure what your issue with golems was, the pedestals act as inventories so any kind of item transfer should work fine for them.

Does anyone know if there is a "clean" crucible recipe for Alumenium? By clean, I mean that there is no remaining vis after production (Like 6 torches, 2 coal, and 2 glowstone = 2 Nitor with no extra vis).
6 tiny/small dust + 5 coal/charcoal = 2 alumentum. They key is that all tiny and small dust from GT have 1 perditio, got a bunch of random stone or netherrack dust while mining? Now you have a use for it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
6 tiny/small dust + 5 coal/charcoal = 2 alumentum. They key is that all tiny and small dust from GT have 1 perditio, got a bunch of random stone or netherrack dust while mining? Now you have a use for it.
This is a great tip, and I totally forgot about tiny dusts = perditio.

Another (obvious) tip of course is to create the alchemical construct, and then you can easily automate the process of creating alumentum while also voiding any extra aspects you don't want.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
For flint and steel I'm not sure what your issue with golems was, the pedestals act as inventories so any kind of item transfer should work fine for them.

I'll try again with hoppers this time, right now it is gamble: sometimes it works but most often it just does damage making it useless. It gets pretty old having to carry around 20 flint and steel to make like 5-7 use cores at best.

Thx for the tip :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Miguel1118

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Another (obvious) tip of course is to create the alchemical construct, and then you can easily automate the process of creating alumentum while also voiding any extra aspects you don't want.
Note that the tiny dust tip is still useful as a source of perdition, my primary source when I need it is tiny wood pulp for example as it's pure perdition so easier to handle and there isn't a ton of useless terra you get from cobble. Tiny wood pulp being the choice because you get 6 wood pulp from a log in a macerator, so 54 perditio per log.

I'll try again with hoppers this time, right now it is gamble: sometimes it works but most often it just does damage making it useless. It gets pretty old having to carry around 20 flint and steel to make like 5-7 use cores at best.
Knew I forgot something! The thaumic restorer works on flint and steel, easy way to repair them for basically nothing, although the same right click issue occurs so use a hopper or something.

Actually on thinking about it I'm pretty sure a maintenance free system for producing use golems could be created, I'll have to try that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Note that the tiny dust tip is still useful as a source of perdition, my primary source when I need it is tiny wood pulp for example as it's pure perdition so easier to handle and there isn't a ton of useless terra you get from cobble. Tiny wood pulp being the choice because you get 6 wood pulp from a log in a macerator, so 54 perditio per log.

Knew I forgot something! The thaumic restorer works on flint and steel, easy way to repair them for basically nothing, although the same right click issue occurs so use a hopper or something.

Actually on thinking about it I'm pretty sure a maintenance free system for producing use golems could be created, I'll have to try that.
I'm gonna switch to tiny dust tonight in fact, I go through a lot of it with my arcane bores.

I generate a ton of stone dust with my ore-processing facilities. Thermal Centrifuging and Ore Washing and all that generates plenty. I usually just trashcan the stuff, but now, like you said, there's a use for it.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
My standard source for the essentia needed to make alumentum is charcoal and cobblestone, because both are infinitely renewable. I use the alchemical construct to void the Terra. Wood dust would also be infinitely renewable, I'll have to check if the additional processing is worth it. I don't mind having to void the Terra, it's just one void jar.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My standard source for the essentia needed to make alumentum is charcoal and cobblestone, because both are infinitely renewable. I use the alchemical construct to void the Terra. Wood dust would also be infinitely renewable, I'll have to check if the additional processing is worth it. I don't mind having to void the Terra, it's just one void jar.
I've actually been trying to switch to non-charcoal alumentum, the problem has been a renewable source of potentia. Chili beans have ignis, but I haven't found a golem-farmable source of potentia yet. (there's a PC seed with potentia but golems don't seem to replant it properly)

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019

Very cool. I have an awesome use for tiny piles of stone dust now.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great tip, and I totally forgot about tiny dusts = perditio.

Voiding isn't exactly early game so i recommend doing something with essentia crystallizers or something or maybe i was just too slow to go to the nether lol.
I've actually been trying to switch to non-charcoal alumentum, the problem has been a renewable source of potentia. Chili beans have ignis, but I haven't found a golem-farmable source of potentia yet. (there's a PC seed with potentia but golems don't seem to replant it properly)
You can use alchemical furnace to get praecantatio from greatwood or silverwood logs and then the alchemical centrifuge to get potentia and aer from your praecantatio, i got into the habit of always consider what aspects compound aspects are composed of when i'm looking for a source of a particular aspect and it has helped me a lot i think.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Voiding isn't exactly early game so i recommend doing something with essentia crystallizers or something or maybe i was just too slow to go to the nether lol.

You can use alchemical furnace to get praecantatio from greatwood or silverwood logs and then the alchemical centrifuge to get potentia and aer from your praecantatio, i got into the habit of always consider what aspects compound aspects are composed of when i'm looking for a source of a particular aspect and it has helped me a lot i think.
I'd need to set up a golem tree farm for the greatwood and I've been avoiding automated treefarms as a personal goal :(

That said, I can do the exact same thing with netherwart, so I may give that a try.

(also, void jars are pretty early game. You just need a single blaze powder, either from the nether or from a ic2 farm or bees or whatever)

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I'd need to set up a golem tree farm for the greatwood and I've been avoiding automated treefarms as a personal goal :(

That said, I can do the exact same thing with netherwart, so I may give that a try.

(also, void jars are pretty early game. You just need a single blaze powder, either from the nether or from a ic2 farm or bees or whatever)
I like your dedication :D i've no idea how to get nether wart but i'm suspecting it has something to do with the nether, please don't spoil it for me i'll just have to explore the nether a little bit more, i already explored the nether lands a bit but didn't find much nether warts, i do have one in my base though so i guess i could grow my farm from that one wart? i'm guessing they only grow on netherrack, imma experiment on my own, thanks for idea :)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a way to autocrafting with GT tools properly? Want a way to make shears to see if it's actually possible to automate use golems.

Is there any secret source of lucrum I've missed all this time as well? Or are junk ores and beans/crops still the only half useful ways?

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a way to autocrafting with GT tools properly? Want a way to make shears to see if it's actually possible to automate use golems.

Is there any secret source of lucrum I've missed all this time as well? Or are junk ores and beans/crops still the only half useful ways?
Regarding use golems: i "use" them to plant saplings for my treefarm but i'm guessing you want to do something with the shears? i find "use" golems a bit hit-and-miss, sometimes they can do stuff but often times not =_= i wish they were all-powerful and they could use wands and queue up orders to "use" stuff on a lot of linked (and queued) blocks etc.

I want to do a trap with a "use" golem using a wand with a portable hole focus :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I like your dedication :D i've no idea how to get nether wart but i'm suspecting it has something to do with the nether, please don't spoil it for me i'll just have to explore the nether a little bit more, i already explored the nether lands a bit but didn't find much nether warts, i do have one in my base though so i guess i could grow my farm from that one wart? i'm guessing they only grow on netherrack, imma experiment on my own, thanks for idea :)
I won't spoil the nether wart sources since you asked me not to (its not very interesting). But for the subsequent questions:
* Yes you can farm your nether wart for more nether warts
* You can grow your nether wart on ic2 crops rather than (stuff from nether) if you want to.

I autocraft with forestry workbenches just fine with GT tools, but I always make sure that the tool in the recipe is the exact same as the one available. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I've had tools mysteriously disappear.

With AE2, its a tiny bit more hit and miss, but generally the same rules apply.

Regarding Lucrum:
* obviously mana-beans
* I hoard all gem-type resources for their lucrum
* some gem-types actually break down into higher lucrum-value when you hammer them. I believe this is true of Ruby.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I won't spoil the nether wart sources since you asked me not to (its not very interesting). But for the subsequent questions:
* Yes you can farm your nether wart for more nether warts
* You can grow your nether wart on ic2 crops rather than (stuff from nether) if you want to.

I autocraft with forestry workbenches just fine with GT tools, but I always make sure that the tool in the recipe is the exact same as the one available. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I've had tools mysteriously disappear.

With AE2, its a tiny bit more hit and miss, but generally the same rules apply.

Regarding Lucrum:
* obviously mana-beans
* I hoard all gem-type resources for their lucrum
* some gem-types actually break down into higher lucrum-value when you hammer them. I believe this is true of Ruby.
I have barely touched IC2 stuff, the crops seems complicated with crops scanners etc, growing my nether warts from just one wart will probably take ages, guess i'll just have to explore a bit more in the nether.

I explored for antimony and i found it eventually, this is just another challenge :)