[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. With CRCS Reactors an even better efficiency is possible. 5.78 Efficiency is the max i can get that way. So again 33% more EU per uranium. Just much more complex.

Even more is only possible with the 5x5 Fluid Reactor combined with HotMox and CRCS:

http://imgur.com/a/sPjmQ

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Exactly. With CRCS Reactors an even better efficiency is possible. 5.78 Efficiency is the max i can get that way. So again 33% more EU per uranium. Just much more complex.

Even more is only possible with the 5x5 Fluid Reactor combined with HotMox and CRCS:

http://imgur.com/a/sPjmQ
You did a passive MOX with 5.78 efficiency?

I'd love to see that design.

I've never seen a compelling argument to switch to active-cooled reactors yet. And I dunno what HotMox is :p

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Did I miss something? when pneumatic plants were banned?

Hh1Vrfx.jpg

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Did I miss something? when pneumatic plants were banned?
Note that the plants still work, it's just any form of natural generation that is disabled, so they'll still grow and reproduce as they always have, you just won't be able to find them in any new chunks. The reason being oil is replacing them as mentioned.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Awesome!

@Ieldra, ignore my crap design. Use Blood's.

It has another big benefit: because the fuel rods are all the same type, it'll be easier for you to automate should you have an interest in such.
I've already made the components for the newest design. However, I've discovered I don't know how to regulate this thing. There's a place in the gui that says the reactor is throttled by 50%, I guess I can influence that, but how?

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Note that the plants still work, it's just any form of natural generation that is disabled, so they'll still grow and reproduce as they always have, you just won't be able to find them in any new chunks. The reason being oil is replacing them as mentioned.

I´ve started a new world on this last version so I cant get them without cheating :/

Anyway I always thought they were very OP for the modpack

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So I just discovered a novel source of power, the manual kinetic generator + kinetic generator will give you 5EU per click, obviously this is pretty useless normally as you'd need to click six times a second to just get 30EU/t. However Use golems are capable of right clicking for you, I mean sure an advanced straw golem with 2 aer upgrades only gives you about 1.5EU/t but for something that works anywhere, can be stacked easily, and is totally free to run it's really not that bad, except for the fact use cores aren't particularly cheap and you'd need fricktons of aer shards. It could be interesting for an alternative power system though, it's a pity you can't get it till the MV era as basically all kinetic stuff is gated behind that due to shafts needing the MV extruder, fairly annoying that, too much stuff is gated behind MV though, wouldn't mind it being spread out a bit more.

Reactions: Tsuko

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Anyway I always thought they were very OP for the modpack
Why that? In any case, it's now easier to make plastic than before, so that would make things more OP than before. I don't think anything in PneumaticCraft is OP though.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Why that? In any case, it's now easier to make plastic than before, so that would make things more OP than before. I don't think anything in PneumaticCraft is OP though.
Maybe because of the easy infinite bonemeal/lapis they allowed you to get? Basically any vanilla dye really but those two are the standout two, although they also acted as an alright source of feathers.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I think that step made by Minemaarten was done because of Performace issues. Self replicating flowers were nice at the start, but it indeed killed not just one server.

dnarik

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to know, if here is a way to get Greg's Natural Gas and different types of oil, or they do not generate or whatever?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've already made the components for the newest design. However, I've discovered I don't know how to regulate this thing. There's a place in the gui that says the reactor is throttled by 50%, I guess I can influence that, but how?
If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, that's a warning that you're only getting "half" power because its passively-cooled. You'll still get the output numbers mentioned above, just fyi.

I think ppl have managed to make active-cooled MOX reactors, but I can't help with that, and there's no documentation on it. There are videos on creating an actively-cooled regular fission reactor, but imo there's no real justification to do one at this time.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, that's a warning that you're only getting "half" power because its passively-cooled. You'll still get the output numbers mentioned above, just fyi.

I think ppl have managed to make active-cooled MOX reactors, but I can't help with that, and there's no documentation on it. There are videos on creating an actively-cooled regular fission reactor, but imo there's no real justification to do one at this time.
I was actually referring to what you said earlier, that you were running the reactor not at maximum efficiency because it would set fire to things. How do I do that? The only regulating mechanism I found is using Nuclear Control to switch it off if it gets too hot. I thought this gui element had something to do with such regulating, but apparently not.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
the 50% energy output is the same energy output it was in 1.6 ..
The actively cooled reactor (5x5x5 multiblock) thats new in 1.7 gets the 100% energy output (actually its now 200% energy outputs compared to 1.6)

edit:
I was actually referring to what you said earlier, that you were running the reactor not at maximum efficiency because it would set fire to things. How do I do that? The only regulating mechanism I found is using Nuclear Control to switch it off if it gets too hot. I thought this gui element had something to do with such regulating, but apparently not.
MOX fuel generates more energy with higher reactor temperature (5x times more at max heat but thats impossible because reactor would explode)
and a nuclear reactor thats a high heat can set blocks on fire

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I was actually referring to what you said earlier, that you were running the reactor not at maximum efficiency because it would set fire to things. How do I do that? The only regulating mechanism I found is using Nuclear Control to switch it off if it gets too hot.
Ooooooh.

I actually clarified this earlier. You increase the heat of the reactor by letting it run w/o the cooling bits.

I forget which parts you want to remove, and you want to keep an eye and make sure none of them actually disintegrate, but just randomly take out non-fuel bits until the heat starts to go up. Put them back in when the temperature is where you want it.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Ooooooh.
I actually clarified this earlier. You increase the heat of the reactor by letting it run w/o the cooling bits.

I forget which parts you want to remove, and you want to keep an eye and make sure none of them actually disintegrate, but just randomly take out non-fuel bits until the heat starts to go up. Put them back in when the temperature is where you want it.
Ahh...thanks.