[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
You have icy, greggified blood in your veins my friend :)
Haha :) i see it as a challenge because the game is supposed to be played with you active in the game, if you're not generating enough resources
you need to increase your generation by building more/bigger machines, just letting the game run in the background artificially inflates your resource generation to undeserved levels, its free resources pretty much -might as well cheat items in (kinda) :)

Edit: But i'm considering letting it run in the background if there is no way of moving my node to another place so i can build another large one in a new base perhaps... but it feels cheaty so i will probably start a multi-node thingy instaid of doing a singular large one instaid i guess if i can't move it without keeping it's brightness level intact.

*and looking at your last picture, now i see what a big reactor looks like? is that what it is?
I've seen one in a captain sparklez video and i was wondering what it was (haven't seen the series from the beginning)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Works awesome. http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11276

This addon is fully supported by Greg cuz he didn't want to repair the blocks himself. It has Enderium blocks. I haven't tested if they work or not.

Afaik the best blocks are Ludicrite (not part of the addon, you have them already) if you're interested in setting up wither farming :)
Thanks for the link. "Ludicrite"? Uh....that name.... but what does that have to do with Wither Farming?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Haha :) i see it as a challenge because the game is supposed to be played with you active in the game, if you're not generating enough resources
you need to increase your generation by building more/bigger machines, just letting the game run in the background artificially inflates your resource generation to undeserved levels, its free resources pretty much -might as well cheat items in (kinda) :)
You know, I am actually doing that. And I actually have enough machines to do it. I have three processing lines, more than enough resources for another two EBFs, I have an Ender Quarry and several assembly lines specialized to make AE2 components, I have the AE2 components for a medium-sized network. I just can't power all that atm, which is the only reason why I haven't made those other two EBFs. All those resources will go into a Big Reactor setup which will make it possible to power more machines. It's just that I really have nothing better to do but wait until I can build the reactor - or build stuff that will be outdated as soon as the reactor goes online. I could spend my time with aesthetics, but that would be a waste, too, since I'll have to move. So the alternatives are doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff, or letting things run while I'm away. I see it not as a cheat, but as the well-earned benefit of designing and building a power generation setup that requires almost no maintenance in spite of GT's intrinsic dislike of such things.

Reactions: Tsuko and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You know, I am actually doing that. And I actually have enough machines to do it. I have three processing lines, more than enough resources for another two EBFs, I have an Ender Quarry and several assembly lines specialized to make AE2 components, I have the AE2 components for a medium-sized network. I just can't power all that atm, which is the only reason why I haven't made those other two EBFs. All those resources will go into a Big Reactor setup which will make it possible to power more machines. It's just that I really have nothing better to do but wait until I can build the reactor - or build stuff that will be outdated as soon as the reactor goes online. I could spend my time with aesthetics, but that would be a waste, too, since I'll have to move. So the alternatives are doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff, or letting things run while I'm away. I see it not as a cheat, but as the well-earned benefit of designing and building a power generation setup that requires almost no maintenance in spite of GT's intrinsic dislike of such things.
Consider IC2 nukes as a way to pass some time.

They're not your cup of tea, but look it as a way to consume the vast amounts of uranium you're going to dig up. You can't use that stuff in a BR.

I have a favorite MOX design I grabbed from the IC2 forum. It theoretically generates 1000 eu/t but at that point its setting everything on fire nearby, so I keep it running at 800 eu/t. Its also breeding plutonium each cycle (more than it consumes). I think it consumes 30 U-238 per cycle, which is nothing.

Also it means you don't have to screw with the sketchy 5x5 active-cooled reactor in ic2 :\

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I raved about the industrial revolution but i still haven't built lines for constant bronze/tin/copper production and i noticed that several of the acid batteries are gated behind higher tech because of battery buffers of different voltages require higher eletrical age stuff. So a 32 volt acid battery works fine with a LV battery buffer but if i want to use the large 512 volt acid battery i'll have to use a HV battery buffer.
I didn't think about this when i first thought about using acid batteries, so now i see i will probably only be using small acid LV batteries with my LV battery buffers. So 16x small acid batteries (12k volts each) = 192k volts which is about 576k steam which is very little but i guess i can store batteries in chests and just move them in and out of stuff frequently.

I thought i could use acid batteries as an entry level energy storage but now it will more difficult than i thought, using only small acid batteries. I love the challenge tho :D

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Consider IC2 nukes as a way to pass some time.

They're not your cup of tea, but look it as a way to consume the vast amounts of uranium you're going to dig up. You can't use that stuff in a BR.

I have a favorite MOX design I grabbed from the IC2 forum. It theoretically generates 1000 eu/t but at that point its setting everything on fire nearby, so I keep it running at 800 eu/t. Its also breeding plutonium each cycle (more than it consumes). I think it consumes 30 U-238 per cycle, which is nothing.

Also it means you don't have to screw with the sketchy 5x5 active-cooled reactor in ic2 :\
800 EU/t is nothing to scoff at, and way better than the designs I've been digging up. Looking at my waypoints, there are three uranium veins. May I ask for that design?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I raved about the industrial revolution but i still haven't built lines for constant bronze/tin/copper production and i noticed that several of the acid batteries are gated behind higher tech because of battery buffers of different voltages require higher eletrical age stuff. So a 32 volt acid battery works fine with a LV battery buffer but if i want to use the large 512 volt acid battery i'll have to use a HV battery buffer.
I didn't think about this when i first thought about using acid batteries, so now i see i will probably only be using small acid LV batteries with my LV battery buffers. So 16x small acid batteries (12k volts each) = 192k volts which is about 576k steam which is very little but i guess i can store batteries in chests and just move them in and out of stuff frequently.

I thought i could use acid batteries as an entry level energy storage but now it will more difficult than i thought, using only small acid batteries.
I skipped the lower-tier batteries altogether. If you have salt veins (rock salt, spodumene, lepidolite) or sheldonite veins (sheldonite, platinum, iridium, lithium), you can mine enough lithium for quite a few batteries. Keep their numbers as low as you can though, since you can recycle everything else that makes up those batteries but (most annoyingly) not the lithium once you move on to higher tiers.

Reactions: Tsuko and SolManX

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Jason McRay :
May I suggest a way to make inscriber name presses? You use them to name items, formatted storage cells in particular, so really, nothing unbalancing in any way, but I have been unable to make one because the quartz cutting knives are disabled, and there is no GT assembler recipe for them. Since the inscribers are disabled, there would also need to be a way to use them.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
800 EU/t is nothing to scoff at, and way better than the designs I've been digging up. Looking at my waypoints, there are three uranium veins. May I ask for that design?
6-Chamber Reactors
  • EU/tick: 1000
  • Efficiency: 20
  • Building cost: 396 copper, 153 tin, 657 iron, 36 lead, 48 gold, 22 diamond, 32 redstone, 2 glowstone, 2 lapis, 79 rubber
  • Running cost: 60 U-238 per cycle
  • Designed by: Blackpalt

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...hbu0hb6kptt6l2weg6xyzkp9ynvk4yranpdd9x31o2t4w

I lied, its 60 uranium per cycle, but at 20 efficiency that's the best you can do I believe.

The simulator says that's 40mil per cycle, dunno if that's still valid. I didn't care, its borderline op :p

Edit: @Ieldra, assuming you get that simulator working online/offline (most ppl can't get online working these days), it seems to be displaying uranium rods. You want the MOX versions instead (see NEI)

I've used this setup repeatedly in Infitech2 and can confirm its functional and safe. To get it up to heat, you need to remove the various cooling apparatus from the design. Once its at the heat you want, shut it off and put the cooling back in. It will stay at that temperature going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ieldra

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Jason McRay :
May I suggest a way to make inscriber name presses? You use them to name items, formatted storage cells in particular, so really, nothing unbalancing in any way, but I have been unable to make one because the quartz cutting knives are disabled, and there is no GT assembler recipe for them. Since the inscribers are disabled, there would also need to be a way to use them.
Woops, we may have missed that in testing :\ I've never made that thing.

Do you have a clever recipe in mind?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Woops, we may have missed that in testing :\ I've never made that thing.

Do you have a clever recipe in mind?
The standard recipe just uses an iron ingot with a quartz cutting knife. Maybe an iron plate in a forming press? The bigger problem would be getting the text string onto it, since that requires a gui where you can input a text string. The standard sequence is this:

(1) Make the inscriber name press by using a quartz cutting knife with an iron ingot and inputting the desired text string.
(2) Apply the name to the item by using the inscriber name press with the item in an inscriber.

The thing is, this is almost essential for a large ME network with many formatted storage cells, since it's the only way to tell you what's on a formatted cell without taking the cell out and putting it into an isolated system.

BTW, many thanks for that link. I'll do some IC2 nuke research and then try my hand at it. The last (and only) time I made an IC2 reactor is several years ago.

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I skipped the lower-tier batteries altogether. If you have salt veins (rock salt, spodumene, lepidolite) or sheldonite veins (sheldonite, platinum, iridium, lithium), you can mine enough lithium for quite a few batteries. Keep their numbers as low as you can though, since you can recycle everything else that makes up those batteries but (most annoyingly) not the lithium once you move on to higher tiers.

Thanks for the tips there. I'm just starting out with battery and buffers (been using cesu's up until now).

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, i just like the idea of recycling batteries and stuff :) i read somewhere about someone using the one-use batteries and doing this recycling stuff and it seemed cool so i want to try and do it myself hehe. I also like the fact that one-use batteries can be stacked up in your inventory, where as reusable batteries won't, so there are some benefits for using one-use batteries.

I'm guessing that machines that take their power from batteries higher than their own voltage will explode? say a LV machine (32 volts) use a 512 volt battery directly, will it explode?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I dunno, i just like the idea of recycling batteries and stuff :) i read somewhere about someone using the one-use batteries and doing this recycling stuff and it seemed cool so i want to try and do it myself hehe. I also like the fact that one-use batteries can be stacked up in your inventory, where as reusable batteries won't, so there are some benefits for using one-use batteries.

I'm guessing that machines that take their power from batteries higher than their own voltage will explode? say a LV machine (32 volts) use a 512 volt battery directly, will it explode?
Naw, a wrong-tier battery won't work at all (Explosions or otherwise)

That may have been me with the one-use batteries. I think I posted some pics a couple months ago while testing the distillation tower from blood asp. It generates a lot of sulfuric acid, may as well put it to use :)

Reactions: Tsuko

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Naw, a wrong-tier battery won't work at all (Explosions or otherwise)

That may have been me with the one-use batteries. I think I posted some pics a couple months ago while testing the distillation tower from blood asp. It generates a lot of sulfuric acid, may as well put it to use :)
haha yeah, i don't remember who wrote it but i was inspired :)

I'm sad that batteries TOO are gated behind higher eletrical age, i wish it was just the material, so lithium would be HV and acid is LV, and the size wouldn't be gated. Makes more gameplay sense to me but higher eletrical age might be more realism, i dunno. I like how this is forcing me into using the small ones because elseways: who would use the small acid batteries? all items and blocks need some love :)

I get my sulfur from netherack maceration and centrifugation, tons of it.
I can see myself building this large factory doing this on a larger scale, i even have a solution to the arcane bore needing manual supervision from time to time: It is the nethermind from automagy, i can create netherack on my own and just have the arcane bore drill the same space over and over, so then it is automatic :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
The standard recipe just uses an iron ingot with a quartz cutting knife. Maybe an iron plate in a forming press? The bigger problem would be getting the text string onto it, since that requires a gui where you can input a text string. The standard sequence is this:

(1) Make the inscriber name press by using a quartz cutting knife with an iron ingot and inputting the desired text string.
(2) Apply the name to the item by using the inscriber name press with the item in an inscriber.

The thing is, this is almost essential for a large ME network with many formatted storage cells, since it's the only way to tell you what's on a formatted cell without taking the cell out and putting it into an isolated system.

BTW, many thanks for that link. I'll do some IC2 nuke research and then try my hand at it. The last (and only) time I made an IC2 reactor is several years ago.
Can' you name them with an anvil?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I get my sulfur from netherack maceration and centrifugation, tons of it.
I can see myself building this large factory doing this on a larger scale, i even have a solution to the arcane bore needing manual supervision from time to time: It is the nethermind from automagy, i can create netherack on my own and just have the arcane bore drill the same space over and over, so then it is automatic :)
Bear in mind that the chemical reaction to get sulfuric acid actually requires something like 90% of the power you get out of it. If you do it on a large scale, its cool, but otherwise not much point.

Can' you name them with an anvil?
Spending xp for this purpose is dumb dude :p

Reactions: Ieldra