[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this about GT. I do this with a few things, NAND chips included. I've done it with lots of circuitry components in particular, especially the high-level ones that don't stack properly.
It would be cool if there was containers or something for item storage, i mean: we have fusion but still use chests for storage? sure i haven't tried AE2 but isn't AE2 extremely cheaty? in that you can store the world in 1 block kinda?

The container could be a multi-block structure you can access like a double chest or something? a really large chest? or maybe it would have a terminal i'm not sure.

Asking for cranes and trucks etc might be too much but chests seems too little and barrels i'm not sure.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It would be cool if there was containers or something for item storage, i mean: we have fusion but still use chests for storage? sure i haven't tried AE2 but isn't AE2 extremely cheaty? in that you can store the world in 1 block kinda?
Well, you need to actually try AE2 before you boil it down that far, its a lot more complicated than that and it consumes quite a bit of power.

There's also other storage units in the game, such as quantum tanks/chests I believe.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you need to actually try AE2 before you boil it down that far, its a lot more complicated than that and it consumes quite a bit of power.

There's also other storage units in the game, such as quantum tanks/chests I believe.
I didn't know about the power requirement, thought it was pretty much free. So it goes in the lines of magic pretty much, which is fine.
But what options we have for more technical item storage? Drums doesn't make sense with anything non liquid imo, my view might be wrong tho.
I want a large item storage structure with filtering and tabs perhaps and the best option for that is probably AE2 or automagy.
Right now i must build stuff in the right way with vanilla chests, double chests even ( the nightmare ) and it is limited very quickly.
Sometimes i just want more item storage in one block and thats where iron chests comes in, good mod not very cheaty.
But all of my items in one block? its fine if it has power requirements and such.
But where is the middle ground? more item storage in a few blocks? ( multi-block structure ) so that you can have like 4 chest in block per block of that multi structure or something and added benefits of filters / tabs to keep things neat? and maybe a crafting interface that keeps the items in the grid if you leave?

I guess i'll have to start using iron chests more instaid of the vanilla chests to start with before i should complain to mod authors at least. On that note: do you know if iron chests work with automagy inventorium thingy?

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Ieldra, did you know about this in Automagy?

- Added Advanced Node Jarring research and an accompanying mystical construct, allowing nodes to be jarred without damage.

I can see this on the left side of my automagy panel i think but I have no idea how to unlock it.
I didn't have this before the last update. Was Automagy updated for 3.1.1? I have just researched it but I'm afraid I can't help with unlocking, since I didn't need to do anything to unlock it.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't have this before the last update. Was Automagy updated for 3.1.1? I have just researched it but I'm afraid I can't help with unlocking, since I didn't need to do anything to unlock it.

Here is a quote of the patchnotes:

Wub, wub, wub.... Modpack has been updated to v3.1.1
Mod Updates:
- Applied Energistics 2 -> rv2 stable 9
- Automagy -> 0.25
- BDlib -> 1.9.0.93
- BluePower -> 0.2.947
- BuildCraft -> 7.0.12
- ExtraCells 2 -> 2.2.73b129 (disabled)
- Galacticraft -> 3.0.12.345
- Gendustry -> 1.5.0.101
- GregTech -> 5.08.20
- NEI Addons -> 1.12.10.33
- Not Enough Items -> 1.0.5.111
- OpenBlocks -> 1.4.3-646
- OpenModsLib -> 0.7.3-374
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.8.2-84
- Yampst -> 3.1.0

Changes:
- Disabled version checking for all mods (I think)
- Disabled uranium as Big Reactor Fuel
- Disabled Fresh Water crafting until exploit with PneumaticCraft is fixed
- Changed recipe for Kinetic Wind Generators, Rotor Blades and Rotors
- Lowered PneumaticCraft and Galacticraft oil generation
- Slightly raised BuildCraft oil generation
- Harvestcraft foods can be planted without the need of turning them into seeds.
- Removed seed drops from crops
- New Buildcraft filler parameters: Hollow for Cylinders, Center for Pyramids and Direction for Stairs
- BuildCraft mining robots now work with GregTech ores
- Fixed maceration of Cobblestone -> Sand and Stone -> Stone Dust
- Fixed recipe for IC2 Pulling Upgrade

Seems so, automagy version 0.25, you should read the patchnotes haha :D
I don't really need to i guess because i'm stuck with the older version, i think i'll switch if you hit a a new minecraft version instaid of 1.7.10, that must be a really huge change and worth changing for and it will give me some time to explore more.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I didn't know about the power requirement, thought it was pretty much free. So it goes in the lines of magic pretty much, which is fine.
But what options we have for more technical item storage? Drums doesn't make sense with anything non liquid imo, my view might be wrong tho.
I want a large item storage structure with filtering and tabs perhaps and the best option for that is probably AE2 or automagy.
Right now i must build stuff in the right way with vanilla chests, double chests even ( the nightmare ) and it is limited very quickly.
Sometimes i just want more item storage in one block and thats where iron chests comes in, good mod not very cheaty.
But all of my items in one block? its fine if it has power requirements and such.
But where is the middle ground? more item storage in a few blocks? ( multi-block structure ) so that you can have like 4 chest in block per block of that multi structure or something and added benefits of filters / tabs to keep things neat? and maybe a crafting interface that keeps the items in the grid if you leave?

I guess i'll have to start using iron chests more instaid of the vanilla chests to start with before i should complain to mod authors at least. On that note: do you know if iron chests work with automagy inventorium thingy?
I imagine all normal-ish inventories should work with the inventorium thingy, but I've never used it so I dunno. Don't forget that your iron chests can be upgraded up to Diamond which can hold quite a bit.

Take a look at Logistics Pipes, which is excellent for inventory logistics.

You can also leverage filing cabinets to combine same-ID items in a more compact fashion. I use these for my mana-beans so I can see 128 total instead of 2x64 stacks of mana beans. I can't think of anything else offhand that is just a much-bigger-chest while still being smaller and earlier than AE2.

Hopefully it addresses one of your concerns about moving nodes around. I get the impression its not a quick-and-simple thing though.

Reactions: Tsuko

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine all normal-ish inventories should work with the inventorium thingy, but I've never used it so I dunno. Don't forget that your iron chests can be upgraded up to Diamond which can hold quite a bit.

Take a look at Logistics Pipes, which is excellent for inventory logistics.

You can also leverage filing cabinets to combine same-ID items in a more compact fashion. I use these for my mana-beans so I can see 128 total instead of 2x64 stacks of mana beans. I can't think of anything else offhand that is just a much-bigger-chest while still being smaller and earlier than AE2.

Hopefully it addresses one of your concerns about moving nodes around. I get the impression its not a quick-and-simple thing though.
I hope the inventorium works with iron chest mod, i would find it to be a fun challenge to get it to work nicely and it is a little minecrafish when i have to combine mods in funny ways to get them to play with each others.
Where as AE2 seems pretty straight forward in giving the ultimate item storage by itself.. though you said it requires power but can it provide this power by itself easily? or does it depend on power mods for this? how much does it need? Also AE2 is a huge mod and if i can get by, by just using automagy and iron chest its a huge benefit.

Iron chest mod requires a lot of diamonds for good storage tho i think, which is why i have avoided it so far, expensive chests isn't good, but iron isn't that expensive to me anymore and i can get gold also as easily as iron almost so i'll just avoid spending diamonds and i'm good.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
No. You need a focus of warding (i.e. a nether star) and lots of warded glass. And a really good staff or wand.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Ah got it. Sorry, I was pretty excited on your behalf for a moment there :)
Oh, I am. If you play on Peaceful, you can craft a Nether Star, and warded glass is easy to make. I just have to fell some greatwood trees.

BTW, I returned from the Outer Lands. That was unpleasant. Damned spiders. Good loot and xp though. I won't need to make balanced shards for a while. Nice, they're a pain to make. Do you know if it's possible to get a second primordial pearl? I know it isn't consumed in crafting, but you can upgrade nodes with it, and that would be very unbalanced if that didn't consume the pearl.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh, I am. If you play on Peaceful, you can craft a Nether Star, and warded glass is easy to make. I just have to fell some greatwood trees.

BTW, I returned from the Outer Lands. That was unpleasant. Damned spiders. Good loot and xp though. I won't need to make balanced shards for a while. Nice, they're a pain to make. Do you know if it's possible to get a second primordial pearl? I know it isn't consumed in crafting, but you can upgrade nodes with it, and that would be very unbalanced if that didn't consume the pearl.
I sort of assumed that each altar takes you to a new outer lands segment tbh. You could always be janky and just delete your outer lands dimension file.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Suddenly getting incredible lag spikes in my world. Haven't added anything, no new machines or anything. Can soemone give me the 5 second briefer on how I can use /opis to diagnose where my problems might be coming from?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The spikes feel like memory leak spikes, every 2-3 seconds, but as you can see my memory is fine (it never really gets above 50-60% used.

FPS at 0.

On a happier note, I love that the enlarge focus enchantment just happens to give you a 7x7 hole, since GT veins are all (or mostly?) 7 blocks tall.

2015-06-26_21.03.33.jpg

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I've just noticed that i cant actually get the achievement for crafting magnetic rods the hard way, anyone else getting that?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My lag issue may be an old bizarre friend of mine: ftb generates two javaw.exe instances. One's usually really small, the other one's the main one for the game.

I've seen this happen before, but the "small" one also took up a few gigs of memory for whatever reason. The trick is to just kill that process.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
On a happier note, I love that the enlarge focus enchantment just happens to give you a 7x7 hole, since GT veins are all (or mostly?) 7 blocks tall.
I take it you're talking about an excavation focus in the arcane bore? Because on a wand I can't imagine you'll get that.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I take it you're talking about an excavation focus in the arcane bore? Because on a wand I can't imagine you'll get that.
Yeah, if you look at the image, you'll see the bore I'm talking about.

Yeah, i did actually, that was the first thing i tried after it didn't go through.
@Pyure - do you play with the console enabled?
Yes although I've not seen a difference either way, played with it before