[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It doesn't conflict Leldra as the circuit boards are made in the forming press and not the assembler.

So something like this for the script? I used 33 EU/t as it already requires silicon which is the same difficulty as aluminum and they are meant to be relatively simple. So an MV assembler but barely.
Code:
mods.gregtech.AssemblerLiq(<gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:32700>, <ore:plateSilicon>, 4 * <gregtech:gt.metaitem.01:32716>, <liquid:molten.redstone> * 288, 64, 33);
Xavion, the only thing I don't like about this version is that its still pretty early-tech. MV is literally tier 2/10. And while the high-tiers are totally meaningless for most games, 2 is still a bit early.

I'd get behind early HV myself instead of early MV. And since there's already a lot of rewards for getting into MV, it would be nice to see another reward for HV, besides pulverizer byproducts. And considering its a bonus addition no matter what its hard to argue that its not kind enough.

If NAND chips were useless by HV age I'd say this was silly but that's never the case with me, I go through the damn things a lot.

Can you guys toss this around in your minds for a sec and let me know what you think?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, I bet we could streamline the design even further and use "fine" wire. If there was an etched red alloy wire I'd say go for that but I can't imagine there is.
So it would be the existing recipe, replacing red alloy wire with fine red alloy wire.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Just cooked my first ingot of aluminium. I feel like a proud father.

Thanks for the 'dust' tip @Ieldra. I thought I was being so careful on the last attempt before I posted, I very nearly exploded myself.

EDIT: typo

Reactions: Tsuko

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Xavion, the only thing I don't like about this version is that its still pretty early-tech. MV is literally tier 2/10. And while the high-tiers are totally meaningless for most games, 2 is still a bit early.

I'd get behind early HV myself instead of early MV. And since there's already a lot of rewards for getting into MV, it would be nice to see another reward for HV, besides pulverizer byproducts. And considering its a bonus addition no matter what its hard to argue that its not kind enough.

If NAND chips were useless by HV age I'd say this was silly but that's never the case with me, I go through the damn things a lot.

Can you guys toss this around in your minds for a sec and let me know what you think?
I agree that MV already opens up a lot of stuff, so pushing this to HV may be justified. However, HV machines and up don't use them at all, you'll just be making LV/MV stuff faster and easier. Personally I'd be fine with it, but it does feel a bit odd.

@SolManX :
I know how that feels. Getting into MV tech is a giant step. Getting into HV is much easier, but power requirements go up sharply.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried using the GT transmute for charcoal to work around the pretty-much mv requirements for sustaining charcoal production?
I'm sitting here staring at it, envisioning a system that does this to fuel an alumentum crafting auto-alchemist machine, but i'm pretty sure its a no bueno simply because the conversions don't add up to anything spectacular.

Edit; to answer my own question, it does ... but the output is nothing worth writing home about, certainly not enough to maintain much beyond itself if you're using alumentum (I've had to cheat a bit to get the system running smoothly.)
While it does sustain itself (barely) when running charcoal, its capable only of slightly doing better than break even - in two hours it has barely made more than one stack of charcoal.
It's so slow infact, that i had to add a second machine - something i havnt had to do with the alumentum setup.
Whereas after running for 6 hours the alumentum system has 15 stacks to show for itself, which is semi decent considering there are 4 alchemical furnaces and a steve's production table running from it.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019

What about the possibility of scaling it so every tier up gives the possibility to improve it? The ability to craft finer electronics letting you make smaller NAND chips, fits kinda with a realism angle if that matters too. So it would be something like this.

silicon plate + 4 fine copper wire + 144 liquid redstone = 2 NAND (MV Assembler)
silicon plate + 4 fine gold wire + 144 liquid redstone = 4 NAND (HV Assembler)
silicon plate + 4 fine aluminum wire + 144 liquid redstone = 8 NAND (EV Assembler)
silicon plate + 4 fine tungsten wire + 144 liquid redstone = 16 NAND (IV Assembler)

So each tier doubles resource efficiency but comes at the cost of needing dramatically more power, higher tier machines, and rarer resources for the wire. It gives you a better reason to constantly push for the higher tier machines at least, NAND chips are required in a lot of things after all, particularly ME systems as mentioned which you will generally want to improve over time. You could even drop the redstone requirement and swap them to using the forming press if you wanted to make them more in line with the circuit boards. Alternatively just choose which one of those you like the most.

Reactions: Pyure

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Has the glider from open blocks been removed? I could see a recipe for the wings but not the glider itself.

EDIT: Okay yes it's been disabled.

Last edited:

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't actually needed any xp yet. I'm running around at level 40 or so just from the random xp sources I encounter (nether quartz, furnacing, etc)

If you have an infernal furnace, you can apparently do a brain in the jar beside it to collect all the furnace xp.
I use the infernal furnace for my coal and glass production, gives me ton of free xp as well (easily 20+ levels of xp)

I'll remember that now.

Funny thing is, I remembered from Learn GregTech 1.6.4 that you had to use the IC2 wrenches on IC2 machines and that there's a chance of dropping machine casings unless you use the electric wrench. But then I saw the WAILA tooltip and just smacked away at it with a pickaxe.

On that note, the CESU seems such an easy replacement for the battery/buffer setup - at least for a relative newcomer like me. Just bronze and a few sulfur and lead dusts and you have a very solid energy cell and charger. Not saying it should be nerfed, but seems dead cheap compared to what you have to do to get an equivalent battery setup.

On another note, I think I've found at least one source of 'lag'. It's the type of lag where the the game becomes very stuttered, rather than lag spikes. The two times I've experienced it there's been underground buildcraft oil close by. It's not the new pneumaticraft oil, by the way, as I haven't upgraded to that version yet.

On yet another note, WAILA always shows the buildcraft iron tanks as having zero contents. That can throw you when you first set one up, start piping some steam in and mouse over to see if it's working.
I myself want to avoid using mods in vain, so in my case i'll stick with gregtech even if it is more expensive, it will be beneficial in one way or the other anyways :)
But that is the nice thing about mod packs, lots of options, everybody becomes happy.

I was at the second gold band on the sanity checker, which agrees with other comments I've read. I don't recall seeing a message however, I just checked my book at some point and realized I had new research I could do.

I'll bear that in mind with the energized nodes. For now my wussy node is doing what it needs to do fortunately. Its fun watching how fast it processes aspects now.

Also made an infernal furnace. With ignis and 3 gallows it runs faster than anything other than a midway upgraded multi-smelter. I've placed a brain-in-a-jar beside it to gather XP, since you were asking about that the other day.

I'm up to level 50 now after going through outer lands. I cheated so badly there: I backed up my world every 5 minutes because i was dying constantly. I highly recommend a) better armor than I had, and b) an offensive wand. Although my vampiric zephyr did pretty good up close.
I think you can have 4 gallows if you use the bottom slot, it seems the furnace doesn't accept liquid essentia anymore so i'm guessing this slot is now used for gallows exclusively, if anything for that matter. I believe i tested this out by using the bottom slot first and seeing if it helped, not sure though.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
It definitely accepts liquid essentia, just make sure to connect it with tubes, you can't just put a jar next to it. I've got it in the floor above my Thaumcraft area so I just have a tube underneath the bottom slot and a jar of it is under that on the ceiling of the floor below, it definitely works fine and rains it is for me.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Huh....I didn't think something would ever be easier in this pack than in the original mod, but starting out with AE2 qualifies. No meteors, no inscribers, no chargers, no crystal growth chambers. You can use the GT machines you're likely to have anyway at this point. Not that the recipes are less complex, but they're way easier to automate. Further down the line things get more expensive, especially the cables are even more complex to make than in the original AE2, which is quite the achievement I might add, and storage cells now use GT circuits in addition to AE2 processors, but starting out is significantly easier than in the original AE2. I'm going to need my first set of industrial assembly lines - so far I had just reconfigured a carefully laid-out general-purpose setup - but hey, that's what I came here to do. I don't need to go mining for rare resources :) :) :) Also, making all those components is not expensive in power. The only expensive part - in power, not resources - is making the inscriber presses.

While I'm at it: is there a process that naturally creates distilled water as a byproduct? Many autoclave and mixer recipes are cheaper with distilled water, but if I have to make it just for that, I'm not sure if it's still worth it, and distilling it, while inexpensive, is slow.
Don't you need silicon for AE2? that was the reason i couldn't start with it seeing how i'm still in LV age.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Tsuko, I never sleep. I saw the message you posted about the mercurial before you deleted it :p (whoever told me to just get a new research was right)

Regarding AE2, I think you need HV tech in order to get the presses. I agree with Ieldra on this, its a more satisfying way to get into the mod than running around looking for meteors. Although I did find growing pure crystals to be satisfying, I hope we still have that in its basic form :)

Yes, you need silicon, although you can technically do that in the LV age.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I myself want to avoid using mods in vain, so in my case i'll stick with gregtech even if it is more expensive, it will be beneficial in one way or the other anyways :)
But that is the nice thing about mod packs, lots of options, everybody becomes happy.

Hmm, yes, I slightly regret not going for the battery buffers route as it is actually quite a flexible way of storing energy. I got a bit overwhelmed by the amount options though (different types of batteries, and buffer sizes etc) at the same time as having a lot of problems getting the ebf to work, but looking at them now, it doesn't seem quite so complicated as I thought.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Tsuko, I never sleep. I saw the message you posted about the mercurial before you deleted it :p (whoever told me to just get a new research was right)

Regarding AE2, I think you need HV tech in order to get the presses. I agree with Ieldra on this, its a more satisfying way to get into the mod than running around looking for meteors. Although I did find growing pure crystals to be satisfying, I hope we still have that in its basic form :)

Yes, you need silicon, although you can technically do that in the LV age.
Ops, haha :D

I had a lot of post to go through so i shouldn't probably reply to all i feel the desire to seeing as there is already answers if i just keep on reading hehe. I don't understand what "get new research" means though, just researching more stuff and it updates correctly or something?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ops, haha :D

I had a lot of post to go through so i shouldn't probably reply to all i feel the desire to seeing as there is already answers if i just keep on reading hehe. I don't understand what "get new research" means though, just researching more stuff and it updates correctly or something?
Oh sorry. I just mean, throw away that research page (that you normally put into the research table to play the minigame) and get a new research page.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Don't you need silicon for AE2? that was the reason i couldn't start with it seeing how i'm still in LV age.
Yes, you do, but is a very common resource, so it's still easy. I'm not sure if I recall this correctly, but you may also need one or two HV machines to make to make the inscriber presses. No matter, it's still easy, meaning you don't need any rare resources and the machines you need are of the type you'll have anyway at some point. Production of the initial batch of stuff is time-consuming, and things are expensive, but it's not a grind - you can set your production lines up and do something interesting in the meantime. I should mention, though, that there is another thing I haven't done before: never before did I see the need to store crafted components in a barrel. Now I have half a barrel of NAND chips. This should last a while.

BTW, what I did in the meantime was to craft a full set of Thaumium Fortress armor and runic shielding items (2 rings, a belt and an amulet). Along with an enchanted Flux-infused sword and bow and two staffs, I hope this will get me through the Outer Lands.

Also, being able to make flux-infused swords was a real breakthrough for mob resources. They last quite a while in a peaceful table, and you can recharge them in a capacitor bank.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I should mention, though, that there is another thing I haven't done before: never before did I see the need to store crafted components in a barrel. Now I have half a barrel of NAND chips. This should last a while.
I really like this about GT. I do this with a few things, NAND chips included. I've done it with lots of circuitry components in particular, especially the high-level ones that don't stack properly.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Oh sorry. I just mean, throw away that research page (that you normally put into the research table to play the minigame) and get a new research page.
Ahhh right, that was easier than i thought lol *derp*

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Ieldra, did you know about this in Automagy?

- Added Advanced Node Jarring research and an accompanying mystical construct, allowing nodes to be jarred without damage.

I can see this on the left side of my automagy panel i think but I have no idea how to unlock it.