[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

idosoap

Jul 29, 2019
rVk39Os
i have done this 6 times in 6 different biomes of different heights (100,000 blocks removed so only ores are left in creative with commands)
i cant find specific ore vines which i don't remember of most their names but cassarite and tin i remember ( this does not mean only tin and cassrite i cant find other vines too)(i didnt mess with the modpack in any way)
is this a bug? how do i fix this? how can i change ore generation options? is it supposed to be like this?

i have experience in GT and have played the resurrection modpack in which it WASNT impossible to find tin and other vines (because for some reason they dont generate in infitech 2 for me )
and so i know for a fact this is a problem and not just coincidence
or me being un-experienced and not used to GT

and yes Xavion i only found the ores that appear in large quantities in vines in small ores (and some not at all) which is why im posting this

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
That's 10 small ores right? Anyway assuming you're referring to the command deleting 100k blocks then it sounds like you didn't actually check that much, a quick calculation puts that at about a 6x6 chunk area at max and with GregTech you're likely to only have a half dozen veins at best overlap that so not getting a tin one is actually perfectly reasonable. Boost that 100k number to a million or something and you'll have much better luck, veins in GT are huge so you'll want to make your tests cover 10 chunks or more on a side to have a highish chance of finding what you want.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
rVk39Os
i have done this 6 times in 6 different biomes of different heights (100,000 blocks removed so only ores are left in creative with commands)
i cant find specific ore vines which i don't remember of most their names but cassarite and tin i remember ( this does not mean only tin and cassrite i cant find other vines too)(i didnt mess with the modpack in any way)
is this a bug? how do i fix this? how can i change ore generation options? is it supposed to be like this?

i have experience in GT and have played the resurrection modpack in which it WASNT impossible to find tin and other vines (because for some reason they dont generate in infitech 2 for me )
and so i know for a fact this is a problem and not just coincidence
or me being un-experienced and not used to GT

and yes Xavion i only found the ores that appear in large quantities in vines in small ores (and some not at all) which is why im posting this

I have never had big problems finding cassiterite vein. Either you are looking at incorrect heights (40-120 is where cassi spawn) or just not looking properly. Sometimes after using the command GT ores can be visible only as gt.blockore.name thingies, to fix that you must put down some block next to it, to make the block update.

That you have played Ressurection pack doesn't mean anything, you can't compare IT to it in any way.
If you want to change oregen just open WorldGeneration.cfg and do some edditing which will suit you. But keep in mind, that messing with it has a chance of making other veins more problematic to find.

So no this is not a bug. Would you mind sharing the seed you are using?

edit: Well I had a problem locating tin vein, but after few "hours" i have found out that the vein was just 2-3 chunks away from my house.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Regarding tin: If you have mostly flat land with almost no hills finding tin may be problematic since fewer veins will spawn.

Reactions: EchoingZen

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Hey up!

Today looks like the day I finally get my vacuum freezer. (Whoop!)
Wanting to step up my power generation/storage/distribution.

Currently got a huge golem tree farm feeding around 20 coke ovens (and rising) which in turn is churning out creosote for a RC steel boiler (largest size) The charcoal is being turned into Alumentum which is feeding a RC steel boiler. Steam is taken from both and stored in 2 of the largest Railcraft tanks that then distribute it all over my base to smaller turbine/battery box combos.

Now, this is pretty much the furthest I've ever bothered with Gregtech and with all the options in this pack, I just want to know what my options are? I've been steering clear of using oil due to not finding much in my world and kinda holding out on it for when I finally reach Galacticraft. So instead of spending days of distraction, doing bits and bobs, I come to you to enquire what my options are from here on in?

Reactions: Pyure

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Hey up!

Currently got a huge golem tree farm feeding around 20 coke ovens (and rising) which in turn is churning out creosote for a RC steel boiler (largest size) The charcoal is being turned into Alumentum which is feeding a RC steel boiler. Steam is taken from both and stored in 2 of the largest Railcraft tanks that then distribute it all over my base to smaller turbine/battery box combos.

Now, this is pretty much the furthest I've ever bothered with Gregtech and with all the options in this pack, I just want to know what my options are? I've been steering clear of using oil due to not finding much in my world and kinda holding out on it for when I finally reach Galacticraft. So instead of spending days of distraction, doing bits and bobs, I come to you to enquire what my options are from here on in?
I think you are at the point were you can start galacticraft :) (if you have implosion compressor)

Reactions: Yeti

GrumbD

Jul 29, 2019
Hey up!

This sounds like a similar stage and setup I have minus the Alumentum. I have also started galacticraft and also preparing the EBF for a big reactor (I'm unable to check right now but think it needs some Tungstensteel).

I had serious problems with power reserves once I upgraded my EBF to Kanthal coils and a HV hatch, the steam tanks only held enough steam for less than a stack of ingots, then I was down to locally stored EU in buffers. At this point everything in the base was running down their own buffers.

The problem was my AE system would eventually die because re-filling all the buffers around the base took more steam than is being produced by the two HP boilers. I ended up with having to pace my construction so the system would keep up!

A couple of days ago I changed the setup by removing all the steam tanks and placing several MFSU and GT turbine right next to the HP boilers. Distributing the power via wires and step down transformers. Now I can cook stacks without too much worry. However my friend is itching to add his AE wireless terminals and extenders and that is making me nervous! :eek:

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
I think you are at the point were you can start galacticraft :) (if you have implosion compressor)

Yeah, didn't have the Implosion Compressor. Cheers for the reminder to build it!!

This sounds like a similar stage and setup I have minus the Alumentum. I have also started galacticraft and also preparing the EBF for a big reactor (I'm unable to check right now but think it needs some Tungstensteel).

I had serious problems with power reserves once I upgraded my EBF to Kanthal coils and a HV hatch, the steam tanks only held enough steam for less than a stack of ingots, then I was down to locally stored EU in buffers. At this point everything in the base was running down their own buffers.

The problem was my AE system would eventually die because re-filling all the buffers around the base took more steam than is being produced by the two HP boilers. I ended up with having to pace my construction so the system would keep up!

A couple of days ago I changed the setup by removing all the steam tanks and placing several MFSU and GT turbine right next to the HP boilers. Distributing the power via wires and step down transformers. Now I can cook stacks without too much worry. However my friend is itching to add his AE wireless terminals and extenders and that is making me nervous! :eek:

Thanks, this is the sorta thing I was after hearing. I find myself at a brick wall so I go off and work through another part of another mod. So I'm slowly but surely getting there, I'm just tired of distractions so its nice to have a set goal.

My current AE system (first time I've used it ever btw so I may be doing it wrong) isn't on all the time. I've set it up so it only turns on when I'm stood at a terminal via a pressure plate. As you can tell, its currently just a small setup (ME drive filled with 4k cells) as I've not moved everything from my original base to this new complex I'm in the middle of building but for now its a pretty easy way for me to not worry about.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My current AE system (first time I've used it ever btw so I may be doing it wrong) isn't on all the time. I've set it up so it only turns on when I'm stood at a terminal via a pressure plate. As you can tell, its currently just a small setup (ME drive filled with 4k cells) as I've not moved everything from my original base to this new complex I'm in the middle of building but for now its a pretty easy way for me to not worry about.
I'm a big fan of the pressure plate/terminal thing myself btw, although I believe there are various proximity detectors we can use to do the same thing without precise standing accuracy. I haven't tried them yet.

For things to do:
* Upgrade to a better boiler. Titanium or Tungstensteel boiler perhaps. These things heat up very quickly and output a metric butt-ton of steam.
* Add some nuclear power. BR or IC2.
* Add some fusion power. Thank blood asp for that.
* Add a distillation tower. Even if you don't make fuel, you might consider making biofuel in it.

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
* Add a distillation tower. Even if you don't make fuel, you might consider making biofuel in it.

OH CRAP!! We've got them in now? Awesome. Just gone back and checked Blood Asp's notes.... massive grin! Were the gas turbines in before? I don't remember seeing them?

As for Big Reactors, never used it. Tried looking it up and watching a few tutorials but none give you an impression of real life use. Are they a semi-set&forget sort of set up? How automated can they be? I obviously don't mind checking in on them whenever but I'm not too sure on how to use it in this modpack efficiently.

GrumbD

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of the pressure plate/terminal thing myself btw, although I believe there are various proximity detectors we can use to do the same thing without precise standing accuracy. I haven't tried them yet.

For things to do:
* Upgrade to a better boiler. Titanium or Tungstensteel boiler perhaps. These things heat up very quickly and output a metric butt-ton of steam.
* Add some nuclear power. BR or IC2.

For some reason I always seem to forget the multiblock GT boilers. I think this would be a good next step for me too. Perhaps I will add a GT boiler, redstone controlled when the EU battery storage is low or something similar. Thanks!

We like keeping the AE system on for the instant response, plus now its a bit late as it is managing tree farms etc.

How do you manage crafting things with AE? do you stand on the plate until the system is done?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
OH CRAP!! We've got them in now? Awesome. Just gone back and checked Blood Asp's notes.... massive grin! Were the gas turbines in before? I don't remember seeing them?
We had single block turbines before, but Blood has also added a number of multiblock generators including (I think) a gas version.

As for Big Reactors, never used it. Tried looking it up and watching a few tutorials but none give you an impression of real life use. Are they a semi-set&forget sort of set up? How automated can they be? I obviously don't mind checking in on them whenever but I'm not too sure on how to use it in this modpack efficiently.
Big Reactors are very automatable and very potentially fire-and-forget. They're not particularly realistic (they can't explode), but from a fun-perspective they've very satisfying to use, if a bit overpowered.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
For some reason I always seem to forget the multiblock GT boilers. I think this would be a good next step for me too. Perhaps I will add a GT boiler, redstone controlled when the EU battery storage is low or something similar. Thanks!

We like keeping the AE system on for the instant response, plus now its a bit late as it is managing tree farms etc.

How do you manage crafting things with AE? do you stand on the plate until the system is done?
Personally I sacrifice a side on every molecular assembler. I put a BC structure pipe on that side with a gate on it looking for "is working." or "has contents" or something, I forget which flag. If its working, I send a redstone signal to the AE system. So the AE system uses OR logic: activate if I'm at a terminal OR you're auto-crafting stuff.

Warning: it gets more complicated when you're dealing with busses on external crafting machines.

GrumbD

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I sacrifice a side on every molecular assembler. I put a BC structure pipe on that side with a gate on it looking for "is working." or "has contents" or something, I forget which flag. If its working, I send a redstone signal to the AE system. So the AE system uses OR logic: activate if I'm at a terminal OR you're auto-crafting stuff.

Warning: it gets more complicated when you're dealing with busses on external crafting machines.

Ok :) GT energy detectors on the machines? I'll think i'll just leave the AE system on as an efficient power control system is in second base build territory. At the moment we're cramming everything in our day 1 wooden planks hut (albeit extended somewhat) :)

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
As it happens, I, too, am thinking about power. Waiting for V3 to show up before implementing anything fancy, but one can plan. My golem tree farm is running and makes enough wood for at least 64 EU/t but it has the anticipated problems: whenever a tree has leaves at ground level with no access to the trunk, the chop golem is not smart enough to remove the leaves. Maybe I should switch from 4x firs to 4x jungle trees, as I recall, they never have leaves at ground level. What kind of trees does everyone use? Apart from that, I found a giant apatite vein, maybe a Forestry farm isn't as hopeless as I thought. Also thinking about how best to get oil from the oil site to my base....Since I rarely found one bigger than 2KB in size, so far using drums appears like a doable option.

Also, as for things I never did before: manual mining with Thaumcraft's excavation focus. Awesome. They really got a boost in 4.2 with the upgrades. It feels like carving mountains, LOL. Take an arcane bore and two silverwood wands with you to a mining site, and between the bore and what you do manually you'll fill 3-4 backpacks with stuff before you need to go back to repair the bore's pick and recharge your wands. Prospecting is still not fun but at least not quite as tedious as before. I am at the point where I need a sorting system and more organized storage. That, too, I reserve for after v3 shows up.

Does anyone here know how to transfer, say, a cube-shaped area 12 blocks or so in width from one world to a new one? Including containers and their contents?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I haven't figured out how to upgrade the excavation focus yet, I still do 5x5 boring tunnels. Bleh.

Use Dark Oaks for your golems. They produce 2x2 trees with no leaves at ground level. Not very big trees but 4 or 5 of them will produce more than you need.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
whenever a tree has leaves at ground level with no access to the trunk, the chop golem is not smart enough to remove the leaves. Maybe I should switch from 4x firs to 4x jungle trees, as I recall, they never have leaves at ground level. What kind of trees does everyone use?
Greatwood tree work great with Golems and if you plant more than 6 2x2 saplings they will grow fast enough
And a nice sideeffect: they have preacantation on them :D
Does anyone here know how to transfer, say, a cube-shaped area 12 blocks or so in width from one world to a new one? Including containers and their contents?
I think AE2 spatial io 1) copy the dimension 2) copy the spatial disk with nei (should work not tested)

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
I hope I am not the only one that keeps checking back eagerly awaiting news that the new version has been released. Want to play the pack but no point if the new version is right around the corner :)