[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I hope I am not the only one that keeps checking back eagerly awaiting news that the new version has been released. Want to play the pack but no point if the new version is right around the corner :)
I have to disappoint you but Jason said it will NOT be released today :( but probably tomorrow.

idosoap

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding tin: If you have mostly flat land with almost no hills finding tin may be problematic since fewer veins will spawn.
I know i said i was experienced with gregtech. for now i figured ill wait for gregtech 6 to come out. other people are having this problem too after looking on the internet and there is no solution.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I haven't figured out how to upgrade the excavation focus yet, I still do 5x5 boring tunnels. Bleh.
You won't do 5x5 tunnels with the focus, and I think your advanced laser drill is way faster. But it is really fast nonetheless, and it's nice for medium-distance precision work (that's why I said "carving" mountains), since you don't have to stretch to reach stuff a few blocks away. There is an area upgrade, but the result is a bit of a mess, since it basically mines star-shaped areas.

Use Dark Oaks for your golems. They produce 2x2 trees with no leaves at ground level. Not very big trees but 4 or 5 of them will produce more than you need.
Where do I find those?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You won't do 5x5 tunnels with the focus, and I think your advanced laser drill is way faster. But it is really fast nonetheless, and it's nice for medium-distance precision work (that's why I said "carving" mountains), since you don't have to stretch to reach stuff a few blocks away. There is an area upgrade, but the result is a bit of a mess, since it basically mines star-shaped areas.

Where do I find those?
I think the dark oaks may be biome-specific, but i know of peeps who swear its their golem-farm go-to for whatever reason.

BTW: you're farther than I am in my current world,so I don't have the advanced drill yet. When I say I'm doing 5x5, I mean with the standard excavation focus in an arcane bore (so a radius of 2 blocks with the corners missing). I've seen players have a larger radius than that with (I believe) upgraded focis. Is that a thing? How did you upgrade your focus?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I think the dark oaks may be biome-specific, but i know of peeps who swear its their golem-farm go-to for whatever reason.
Found some. I'll try them.

BTW: you're farther than I am in my current world,so I don't have the advanced drill yet. When I say I'm doing 5x5, I mean with the standard excavation focus in an arcane bore (so a radius of 2 blocks with the corners missing). I've seen players have a larger radius than that with (I believe) upgraded focis. Is that a thing? How did you upgrade your focus?
You use the Focal Manipulator, a machine you can research in the Thaumaturgy tab. You need energized nodes to use it. The setup is rather expensive in ordo vis and gold (expensive in Infitech terms that means, in other packs I wouldn't bat an eye). As for my focus, I used two expansion upgrades, two potency upgrades and the silk touch upgrade (less for the ores than for the stone).

You energize a node by placing a Node Stabilizer below it and a Node Transducer above it. There are different strategies for the nodes people use, I tend to use six of the largest single-aspect nodes I can find. The vis so converted from the nodes is called Centivis, and various machines only work with this kind of vis, or improve their function.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You use the Focal Manipulator, a machine you can research in the Thaumaturgy tab. You need energized nodes to use it. The setup is rather expensive in ordo vis and gold (expensive in Infitech terms that means, in other packs I wouldn't bat an eye)
Oh ok. I havent so much as jarred a node yet in my current world (pain in the ass btw, I hate my laziness), and I've never made an energized node at all.

Questions regarding this infernal furnace i've unlocked against my will:
* Is there any reason to use it in this pack?
* Apparently there's a warp "activation" cost. That just means when I initially complete assembly on it (presumably with a wand or something) correct? Not every time I activate it for usage?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Oh ok. I havent so much as jarred a node yet in my current world (pain in the ass btw, I hate my laziness), and I've never made an energized node at all.

Questions regarding this infernal furnace i've unlocked against my will:
* Is there any reason to use it in this pack?
* Apparently there's a warp "activation" cost. That just means when I initially complete assembly on it (presumably with a wand or something) correct? Not every time I activate it for usage?

Node transfer is an absolute PITA in this pack, with neither Blood Magic, Archimedes' Ships nor Funky Locomotion to help out and avoid the 80% node damage chance. My node setup took me two real-time days (I have a few free days atm) and I still ended up with more pale than normal ones.

As for the infernal furnace, I'd say it is rather more interesting in this pack than in most others, since it requires neither fuel nor power to run. It is slow without Ignis essentia, but there's an infinite supply of that from charcoal, and it doesn't use all that much. Yes, you gain some warp once by activating it, but no more after that.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Node transfer is an absolute PITA in this pack, with neither Blood Magic, Archimedes' Ships nor Funky Locomotion to help out and avoid the 80% node damage chance. My node setup took me two real-time days (I have a few free days atm) and I still ended up with more pale than normal ones.

As for the infernal furnace, I'd say it is rather more interesting in this pack than in most others, since it requires neither fuel nor power to run. It is slow without Ignis essentia, but there's an infinite supply of that from charcoal, and it doesn't use all that much. Yes, you gain some warp once by activating it, but no more after that.
Yeah its a shame about the pale node chance, although for my part I don't really use TC enough to care too much.

I did spend a bit of time trying to let nodes eat other nodes in a previous world, the results weren't overwhelmingly impressive.

Thanks for the furnace info.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Yeah its a shame about the pale node chance, although for my part I don't really use TC enough to care too much.

I did spend a bit of time trying to let nodes eat other nodes in a previous world, the results weren't overwhelmingly impressive.

Thanks for the furnace info.
I suspect I'll end up using Thaumcraft more than ever in this pack. For instance, I may be able to use mirror magic to make an arcane bore spit out the ores directly into my sorting system, and I'm thinking of ways to adapt it for automated fluid transport. Also, the only way to fly that is available relatively early, though I'd have to make a rather large chicken farm for a continuous power supply.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I suspect I'll end up using Thaumcraft more than ever in this pack. For instance, I may be able to use mirror magic to make an arcane bore spit out the ores directly into my sorting system, and I'm thinking of ways to adapt it for automated fluid transport. Also, the only way to fly that is available relatively early
The magic mirrors are definitely the go-to for quarrying directly into your automated systems. I'd love to see what you do with it for fluids though.

I'm not 100% sure that the thaumo harness is really the runaway earliest way to fly. You could probably get an IC2 electric jetpack as fast or nearly as fast (depends on the routes you take. I could make a harness right now for sure although i'm missing a few pieces for the jetpack because I've slacked badly on tech.)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone here know how to transfer, say, a cube-shaped area 12 blocks or so in width from one world to a new one? Including containers and their contents?
Almost definitely not, while this was possible in older versions due to the fact that ids are assigned per world in 1.7 if you tried to transfer a world from v2 to v3 or even transferring an area between saves you will have a very high chance of all of your modded blocks ids jumping around and getting turned into other blocks. A different mod list shifts that chance to near 100%.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Almost definitely not, while this was possible in older versions due to the fact that ids are assigned per world in 1.7 if you tried to transfer a world from v2 to v3 or even transferring an area between saves you will have a very high chance of all of your modded blocks ids jumping around and getting turned into other blocks. A different mod list shifts that chance to near 100%.
That sucks @Ieldra.

Its fine for me, I'm already using a fairly legit v3 instance and I'm used to restarting worlds during testing anyway, but you haven't even had a chance to get super bored of your world yet :)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
While difficult it is possible. The IDs are still there, just hidden inside the worlddata.

I saw working transfers world to world this way:

1. The second world was created using the first world save, just all region files deleted.
2. The area to be transfered was saved inside a AE2 Spatial Storage Cell.
3. The AE Storage dimension files and the playerfiles with the storage cell in the inventory were copied into the second world.
4. The Spatial Storage area was places on it's new place.

Be warned, AE2 Spatial Storage does not work with GT Tile entitys. They would all have to be removed and placed in chests or so before moving.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
That sucks @Ieldra.

Its fine for me, I'm already using a fairly legit v3 instance and I'm used to restarting worlds during testing anyway, but you haven't even had a chance to get super bored of your world yet :)
I guess I'll have to do some fairly involved cheating then - the method suggested by Blood Asp involves more work than what I have in mind. Does anyone know how to run commands from a file - you know, the commands you usually run through the chat interface? There is a command that does what I want, only it's too long for the chat interface and must be run either from a file or - as the description says - from a command block. I know how to do neither. Can anyone help?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
The time has come. Let me introduce you the brand new update - v3.0.0
New world is required, I don't care how much you loved your old world in v2. Changes in here are so massive, that some things might not work, biomes messed up or even your machines could be completely broken.
Also there are still few things that needs to be checked, tweaked (mainly the RF/EU conversion ratios within GT). Before you will also start searching for Energy Conduits or Kinesis Pipes. You will not find them. They are disabled, all machines are now powered by GTEU.

Oh and one more important thing. Please delete your scripts folder before updating!
And one more for those not liking the RF support change: You can disable the zRFSupport.zs script to get back RF conduits and RF generators. And dont worry, you will not loose support from me if you do that.
Forge updated: 10.13.3.1420
Mod Updates:
- Applied Energistics 2 -> rv2 stable 4
- Automagy -> 0.24.1
- AsieLib -> 0.4.1
- BdLib -> 1.8.2.90
- BiblioWoods[EXBL] -> 1.4
- BuildCraft -> 6.4.16
- CodeChickenCore -> 1.0.7.46
- Computronics -> 1.5.1
- Dimensional Anchor -> 59.0.3
- ExtraBiomesXL -> 3.16.2
- ExtraUtilities -> 1.2.5
- GalactiCraft -> 3.0.12.340
- Gendustry -> 1.4.12.92
- GregTech -> 5.08.18
- GTTweaker -> 0.7.0
- Hardcore Ender Expansion -> 1.8.1
- NuclearControl 2 -> 2.2.5a
- Industrial Craft 2 -> 2.2.730
- InfinityCore -> 1.1
- LogisticsPipes -> 0.8.3.123
- Malisis Core -> 0.12.2
- Malisis Doors -> 1.8.1

- ModTweaker -> 0.8.2
- NEI -> 1.0.5.110

- NEIAddons -> 1.12.9.32
- OpenBlocks -> 1.4.3-644
- OpenComputers -> 1.5.12.26
- OpenModsLib -> 0.7.3-368
- Pam's Harvestcraft -> 1.7.10i
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.7.0
- ThaumicEnergistics -> 0.8.10.5
- ThaumicTinkerer -> 2.5.506
- Translocator -> 1.1.2.15

Disabled Mods:
- Extra Cells 2
- Opis
- MobiusCore

Mod Additions:
- BluePower
- FastLeaveDecay
- QmunityLib
- TC Node Tracker

Mod Removals:
- 3D Furnace
- ArmorStatusHUD
- StatusEffectHUD
- IHL
- Minechem
- ProjectRed
- Random Things
- Refined Relocation
- SecretRoomsMod
- Supercrafting Frame

Changes:
- Astro Miner!
- ExtraCells got disabled due to Infinite Liquid exploit. Will be re-enabled when its fixed. Enable EC on your own risk (and if you do, please DON'T report this issue https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/issues/181)
- Some items moved from BC machines into GT machines
- Disabled Alloy Smelter.
- AE recipes massively overhauled
- AE Meteors no longer spawn.
- AE Presses are now crafted in Laser Engraver with Lense + Compressed Iron Block
- In-World crafting of Pure Crystals and Fluix Crystals is no longer available.
- AE version of Certus Quartz no longer generates.
- P2P energy tunels no longer exists
- AE power usage is bit lower
- Saws can now be placed on BiblioCraft Tool Racks
- Disabled ExU Wood and Iron Spikes
- Disabled ExU Transfer Pipes/Nodes
- Ender Quarry Upgrades now crafted inside QED
- Galacticraft recipes massively overhauled
- Solar Panels (Galacticraft) generates bit more power on Space Stations
- Rockets use slightly more fuel
- Gravisuite relocator is disabled
- IC2 Cables are disabled
- Moved Unification a little bit
- Disabled OpenBlocks Fan
- Enabled OpenBlocks Graves
- Disabled Chisel concrete (you have GT ones)
- Transceviers energy transfer loss lowered to 75%
- Lowered upkeep cost of Transceivers from 150 to 50RF
- EnderIO Dark Steel tools, weapons and armor are now crafted in GregTech way (plates, hammer, file)
- Added Thaumcraft enchantements to EnderIO enchanter
- Enderminies can spawn anywhere anytime (previously they only spawned on Grass and in dark)
- ExtrabiomesXL biome IDs shifted - This is the part which mainly makes the old v2 worlds not compatible.
- Growthcraft fishtraps are slower
- Harvestcraft salt no longer generates.
- Railcraft poor ores no longer generates.
- All RF production is disabled (except Big Reactors)
- All RF power transportation is disabled (this means Conduits, Kinesis pipes and similiar)
- GregTech wires are now capable of powering RF machines. Conversion ratio: 1EU=3,6RF; 1RF=0,2EU
- Fixed exploit with getting eIO Clear Glass with chisel. Now requires propper crafting
- Forestry recipes massively overhauled
- NuclearControl 2 recipes massively overhauled
- Forestry/Railcraft bags made bit more expensive
- StevesWorshop items greggified
- Capes given to testers

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
VERSION 3 YES !!! no we only have to wait for the server update
- P2P energy tunels no longer exists
Now we have to use the Gregtech cables with energyloss (even though p2p also have energyloss)?
And no energy transport with Quantum Bridge anymore :(
- Gravisuite relocator is disabled
Why not make the recipe expensive and energy cost much higher?
- Enderminies can spawn anywhere anytime (previously they only spawned on Grass and in dark)
Does that mean they spawn INSIDE our houses now ? -.-
- All RF power transportation is disabled (this means Conduits, Kinesis pipes and similiar)
You can still use the enderio capacitor bank as expensive cables xD
Mod Removals:
- IHL
Sad :( Those rubber tree things were kinda cool
- IC2 Cables are disabled
Does that also mean no sealable cables anymore?

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Now we have to use the Gregtech cables with energyloss (even though p2p also have energyloss)?
And no energy transport with Quantum Bridge anymore :(
That is correct. There are still ways of teleporting power. But they are made in the way you will be better with generating power on the spot.

Why not make the recipe expensive and energy cost much higher?
I personaly dont like Relocator. I much more prefer eIO Travel Anchors, because they have limit how far you can go

Does that mean they spawn INSIDE our houses now ? -.-
They still can't spawn with x blocks of player. But yes, they can spawn inside your house. There is no need of hate on these little buggers, they are your friends.

You can still use the enderio capacitor bank as expensive cables xD
Yes you can, have fun :D

Sad :( Those rubber tree things were kinda cool
Honestly noone was using IHL for other stuff than Rubber Sacks.

Does that also mean no sealable cables anymore?
Yup. Sealable cables are gone. You can still seal your builds with Battery Buffers and other "full blocks". Or at least you should be able to. :p

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
Odd I just did a fresh install (was waiting for 3 before I started) and when I go to select a new world I don't see any options for BoP. Did you remove it because in your youtube serious I am pretty sure you are running it there or am I mixing it up with the extrabiome xl?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
OK...Nice to see it's finally out. Some comments:

1. No EnderIO power cables - that will be extremely inconvenient, because there are now no power cables that can coexist with pipes in the same block...
2. IHL - no big loss, not even the rubber sacks, collection was so slow that you'd be better off doing things manually.
3. RF->EU conversion. If 1 RF equals 0.2 EU, 1 EU should be 5 RF. If 1 EU equals 3.6 RF, then 1 RF should be 0,28 EU. Personally, I've always found a conversion rate of 1:4 simple and appropriate.
4. AE2 pure crystals: the autoclave recipes still work, right?
5. Disabled Openblocks fan: do you want to deprive us of all mob trap conveniences? Grr.....
6. TC Node Tracker: Thanks!!! I was about to ask for it!

@DarknessShadow:

It is an odd world where the best way to transfer power over long distances is to throw filled batteries into magic mirrors...:D