[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Is it at all to possible to break spawners in this pack? I'd rather acquire an EnderIO broken spawner for later use...

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is it at all to possible to break spawners in this pack? I'd rather acquire an EnderIO broken spawner for later use...
Yes it is, I can't remember what tier of pickaxe they need though and even with that they take an obscenely long time to break. Really they're just probably the slowest thing to break in the game.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Sometimes more can be said with less. Maybe I needed a few words.

BR is too much benefit for the little amount of work you need to do.
I need to know Ez, have you made one in this pack?

They're substantial work, requiring an awful lot of stainless steel and cyanite. That said, my own opinion technically echoes yours, that they provide too much. Not to a "screw BR" degree, but they provide too much.

Yes it is, I can't remember what tier of pickaxe they need though and even with that they take an obscenely long time to break. Really they're just probably the slowest thing to break in the game.
I'm not at home so I can't check, but we may still have block breaker machines in the pack. But, yeah, they're obnoxiously annoying to break.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
That said, my own opinion technically echoes yours, that they provide too much. Not to a "screw BR" degree, but they provide too much.
You know, you may have shot yourself in the foot - again - with the recommendation to disable the power tap. The efficiency of an actively cooled reactor is about eight times that of a passively-cooled one. I wouldn't mind being restricted to the efficiency of the passive one, but then I also wouldn't want to spend the work on the turbines, that would be a little too brutal for my taste, and the reactors take up enough space as it is.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You know, you may have shot yourself in the foot - again - with the recommendation to disable the power tap. The efficiency of an actively cooled reactor is about eight times that of a passively-cooled one. I wouldn't mind being restricted to the efficiency of the passive one, but then I also wouldn't want to spend the work on the turbines, that would be a little too brutal for my taste, and the reactors take up enough space as it is.
I dunno man. I've played several Infitech worlds (including the upcoming V3 fwiw) and I find i'm loving the power tap removal. The pack was ridiculously simple in infitech1 when you could get power directly out of a passive reactor. I simply created tiny 3x3 reactors all the time and plonked them wherever I wanted (for quarries and such)

You seem to be suggesting disabling the turbine instead, but that's such a cool and huge part of the mod that I can't justify it. Plus, we can always simply tweak the configuration numbers (again) if we want to reduce its output further. I can see how it doesn't matter much to you since you don't care for assembling them, but for many of us the things are amazing fun to put together.

The key thing for me though is that the BR Turbine isn't 100% necessary. You can get power out of a BR reactor without one, but this way we really do get our cake and the privilege of eating it as well.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I dunno man. I've played several Infitech worlds (including the upcoming V3 fwiw) and I find i'm loving the power tap removal. The pack was ridiculously simple in infitech1 when you could get power directly out of a passive reactor. I simply created tiny 3x3 reactors all the time and plonked them wherever I wanted (for quarries and such)

You seem to be suggesting disabling the turbine instead, but that's such a cool and huge part of the mod that I can't justify it. Plus, we can always simply tweak the configuration numbers (again) if we want to reduce its output further. I can see how it doesn't matter much to you since you don't care for assembling them, but for many of us the things are amazing fun to put together.

The key thing for me though is that the BR Turbine isn't 100% necessary. You can get power out of a BR reactor without one, but this way we really do get our cake and the privilege of eating it as well.
Oh, you don't understand. I do like the turbines even though I think they take up too much space. But there is a point where it doesn't seem worth it if you get a puny output for a titanic effort. I think the main problem with Big Reactors is that they're intrinsically scaleable, so you can't just say it has to be a minimum size, or that from a certain point upwards, they require extra effort.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I need to know Ez, have you made one in this pack?

They're substantial work, requiring an awful lot of stainless steel and cyanite. That said, my own opinion technically echoes yours, that they provide too much. Not to a "screw BR" degree, but they provide too much.

You are right, they require loads of work and to be fair, this pack appears to handle them far better than other packs. That being said, the ability to scale with ease mixed with the work required/output ratio is way too favorable.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You are right, they require loads of work and to be fair, this pack appears to handle them far better than other packs. That being said, the ability to scale with ease mixed with the work required/output ratio is way too favorable.
Keep an eye on that. If it becomes a popular problem its really easy to fix. The nice thing about BR is that its eminently configurable.

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
Really looking forward to giving the mod pack a try, hopefully that new version will be ready soon. Not a Gregtech pro, my only experience was with Beyond Reality and Bevo's Tech pack but I really enjoy the challenges it offers.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
A tip for you then, you can turn slimeballs into rubber. This combined with the extremely plentiful slimeballs from slime plants provides a very good alternative to resin, the catch is of course it's very difficult to automate. You could probably do it with use golems + guard golems but I'm not sure how many other ways would work.
There are always the old-school vanilla techniques. :) To farm slimes, surround them with a moat of flowing water, funnel them to a collection point, then drown them.

For instance:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hmm...I am somewhat confused. I was planning to enchant the pickaxe I want to use in my arcane bore but the Infusion Enchantment research doesn't appear. As a rule, it should appear immediately after Infusion is unlocked but it didn't, and now I have researched everything except a dozen or so buyable items from the regular Thaumcraft research and it still doesn't appear. The armor items also don't appear. Have I overlooked something obvious?

BTW, could someone please post some info about how to transfer parts of my build into the new version? Most of the stuff I don't mind re-doing or cheating in, but there are parts where that isn't possible and re-doing it will take forever.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...I am somewhat confused. I was planning to enchant the pickaxe I want to use in my arcane bore but the Infusion Enchantment research doesn't appear. As a rule, it should appear immediately after Infusion is unlocked but it didn't, and now I have researched everything except a dozen or so buyable items from the regular Thaumcraft research and it still doesn't appear. The armor items also don't appear. Have I overlooked something obvious?
Infusion enchantment requires brain in a jar which should've unlocked once getting infusion, that's the only requirement I think but you need that research and not infusion. Fortress armour requires it I'm pretty sure and thaumium/void armour should be in the same research as you unlock the material.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Infusion enchantment requires brain in a jar which should've unlocked once getting infusion, that's the only requirement I think but you need that research and not infusion. Fortress armour requires it I'm pretty sure and thaumium/void armour should be in the same research as you unlock the material.
Well, it was not quite that. "Brain in a Jar" is hidden research, you get it from scanning a Furious Zombie and not as I wrongly recalled, a zombie brain. And as a nice bonus, I got the Eldritch Epiphany. Well, that can wait, but I do want the enchantment...

idosoap

Jul 29, 2019
I am having problems with ore generation some vein ores wont generate i looked for example i looked for tin and found only small tin
i used the command /cofh clearblocks IGN 100 200 100 stone dirt water lava gravel sand grass
is anyone else having this problem? how do i fix this?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I am having problems with ore generation some vein ores wont generate i looked for example i looked for tin and found only small tin
i used the command /cofh clearblocks IGN 100 200 100 stone dirt water lava gravel sand grass
is anyone else having this problem? how do i fix this?
Tin is notoriously difficult to find for everyone (including me in my current world), and veins of it won't always generate within 100 blocks of you.

idosoap

Jul 29, 2019
Tin ore spawns in casserite ore veins.
Yes i know i know exactly how and where it spawns but i havent found other ores which spawn in big vines i havent found casserite or tin which spawn together but not only that i also think there are a few other ores that i didnt find but i dont remeber the name for.
i checked very big areas (100K) of blocks using the /cofh command in creative

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes i know i know exactly how and where it spawns but i havent found other ores which spawn in big vines i havent found casserite or tin which spawn together but not only that i also think there are a few other ores that i didnt find but i dont remeber the name for.
i checked very big areas (100K) of blocks using the /cofh command in creative
If you haven't modded your pack, you just need to keep looking. There's nothing to fix in the current oregen with respect to tin.

idosoap

Jul 29, 2019
Tin is notoriously difficult to find for everyone (including me in my current world), and veins of it won't always generate within 100 blocks of you.
i found 5 tin in about 4 hours of gameplay in survival. read the post above this one.
i used a command that clears out 100k of the non-ore blocks -
/cofh clearblocks IGN 100 200 100 stone dirt water lava gravel sand grass --
i barely found 10 tin in area of 100,000 blocks